PDA

View Full Version : Brembo Calipers on S13

cincyse_ryan
05-25-2009, 01:58 PM
hey guys i have a set of brembo calipers from a SER spec-v upgrade kit. I sold that car and was wanting to use them on my s13, i have seen a few cars with these on and was wondering what all i need to do to run them.

Are these the same calipers that come on the 350z track? if so will i be able to just use a 350 track rotor with them? or do i need that adapter bracket as well to run those....??

any help much appreciated...
thanks

PHeller
05-25-2009, 05:23 PM
take you old calipers off, leave them hooked up, and try putting you Brembo kit on your S13, you might even be able to install the wheels for fitment as well.

Should answer your questions pretty quick

cincyse_ryan
05-25-2009, 07:53 PM
take you old calipers off, leave them hooked up, and try putting you Brembo kit on your S13, you might even be able to install the wheels for fitment as well.

Should answer your questions pretty quick

:werd:

i know the calipers will work, but since theyre not s13 calipers im not sure what rotor i can use with these....

theyre off of a spec-v and those use 11inch rotors but the trackZ rotor is a 12.5 which they have brackets on ebay or whatever you can use to make those work, just dont know if its the same caliper!!

actual help required...

DreamN
05-25-2009, 08:17 PM
::sigh::.... get the same rotors off the spec-v with the brembo package. You can use your stock 240SX lines. Should all be a plug and play.

Honestly, searching isn't that hard. Don't limit yourself to one source either.

drift freaq
05-25-2009, 08:24 PM
::sigh::.... get the same rotors off the spec-v with the brembo package. You can use your stock 240SX lines. Should all be a plug and play.

Honestly, searching isn't that hard. Don't limit yourself to one source either.

Well, Jimmy pretty much says, what I was going to say. The Spec V rotors are not 11 inch. Z32 rotors are 11 inch!

The Spec V Brembo package rotors are 12 inch, and they are 22mm thick. The way to go is to get Rotors for the Spec V Brembo package. If you are 5 lug have them redrilled for 5 lug. You use your stock 240 lines for the caliper or get steel braided lines for a stock 240sx setup and they will bolt on.

jamescarter
05-25-2009, 08:38 PM
I did the swap this weekend on my silvia it was pretty much plug and play. The only problem i ran into was the dust plate behind the stock rotor, i simply cut the 90 degree bend off and everything hook up perfect. No need for ss line either the stock ones and fine and the stock brake mc is fine as well!

cincyse_ryan
05-26-2009, 03:35 AM
I did the swap this weekend on my silvia it was pretty much plug and play. The only problem i ran into was the dust plate behind the stock rotor, i simply cut the 90 degree bend off and everything hook up perfect. No need for ss line either the stock ones and fine and the stock brake mc is fine as well!

yeah, i already cut that off a while ago...

but thanks for the replies, i thought the spec rotor might work i was just wanting to run something else and not drill for 5lug, thanks guys