PDA

View Full Version : Where have you gotten your car tuned?

millertm
05-19-2009, 02:17 PM
So I'm in the market for a GT2871R. I want to get a recommendation and tuning from a shop that is hopefully, somewhat local to Virginia. So VA, NC, MD, southern PA, southern WV and northern SCar are all in play. What performance/tuning shops have you gotten work done from?

So far I've contacted:
JGY - rude and inconsistent
Import Intelligence - discussing through e-mail
Mach V - says not experts with sr20
MA-Motorsports - has not responded
Evans-Tuning - waiting

Sleepy240
05-19-2009, 03:30 PM
So I'm in the market for a GT2871R. I want to get a recommendation and tuning from a shop that is hopefully, somewhat local to Virginia. So VA, NC, MD, southern PA, southern WV and northern SCar are all in play. What performance/tuning shops have you gotten work done from?

So far I've contacted:
JGY - rude and inconsistent
Import Intelligence - discussing through e-mail
Mach V - says not experts with sr20
MA-Motorsports - has not responded
Evans-Tuning - waiting

Import, Matt and B-rad do good work!! They are a little pricey, but they fixed my shit and got it running tip top :s101:

SR_Vlurs
05-19-2009, 11:19 PM
^^^^ agreed I've gotten work done thru import intelligence they do great work there so id recommend there bro

millertm
05-21-2009, 04:40 PM
Thanks for the replies. I just heard back from both Import Intelligence and MA-Motorsports. Both were encouraging to call and wrote a good response. I'll call both tomorrow and get the low down. Right now those are the two I'm down to.

Any other shops, let me know.

Thanks, Travis

Soup Nazi
05-22-2009, 12:01 PM
Import, Matt and B-rad do good work!! They are a little pricey, but they fixed my shit and got it running tip top :s101:

I agree. Good work from Matt and Brad.

northjersey13
05-25-2009, 09:31 PM
dude, Best1 tuning all the way, they dyno tuned my car and i gained 40hp and 50tq. Hanna does all the tuning and he specializes in sr's. They're located in Coatesville which should be closer to you. Great customer service too

MandTPhotography
05-25-2009, 09:52 PM
National Speed in Wilmington NC!

Taylor (tuner) has tuned many SR swapped S-chassis and the shop itself has built many motors in-house.

Taylor tuned my personal car and I've seen him pull out stupid numbers out of cars.

Full load testing using the dyno brake and whatnot.

Give them a call at 910.332.5901

nationalspeedinc.com

Shop is also state of the art, projector TV, customer lounge, PS3, Parts shop, etc;..

cleantune
05-25-2009, 10:25 PM
dude, Best1 tuning all the way, they dyno tuned my car and i gained 40hp and 50tq. Hanna does all the tuning and he specializes in sr's. They're located in Coatesville which should be closer to you. Great customer service too

^^True that. Hanna from Best1 Tuning works magic on the feul maps; nice and even power curves. Best1 Tuning shares a garage with Roots Factory.

Roots Factory (http://rootsfactory.com/)

99maxgtr
05-26-2009, 10:06 AM
pm smelly240. he's in pa as well and know's tuning like a mad scientist. truth.

Scooter Style
05-26-2009, 04:02 PM
MA FTW!!! Met the guys a few times. They do good work! Also Import Int. is sweet too.

landins13
05-28-2009, 10:01 AM
im 20 minutes from MA and they are awesome, their prices are steap but you get what you pay for.

Sleepy240
05-28-2009, 05:31 PM
their prices are steap but you get what you pay for.

Most quality places are expensive... experience and knowledge don't come cheap:werd:

driftthis
05-28-2009, 07:12 PM
ma-motorsports is a great shop.

search the shops you are interested in on this forum.

but my vote goes to ma-motorsports.

99maxgtr
06-01-2009, 06:22 PM
steve is great and a fraction of the cost that those other place are.
i am sure that they are great, but if you want an affordable rom tune i'd go with smelly240. shoot him a pm.

aNskY
06-01-2009, 06:56 PM
anyone tried r/t tuning in PA?

millertm
06-01-2009, 08:18 PM
Damn guys, I hadn't looked at this post in over a week. Thought I had just about made up my mind and ya'll throw in two more options.

I've been talking with Matt from Import Intelligence. He is pretty responsive with questions and e-mails. It's pretty funny how preferences are between the GT2871R .64 vs. .86... (Don't respond to that, there's plenty to read about on here) I'm beginning to think it doesn't matter anymore with great tuning from the Power FC D-Jetro. That is the one thing that is common so far with the recommended shops. But thats what is killing my budget... I'll have to find some used parts to pull this off and I doubt that will happen before going to VIR in July.

I'll have to check out these other two shops (Best1 & National Speed Inc.).

Again thanks to everyone who posted!

Sleepy240
06-02-2009, 06:26 AM
Damn guys, I hadn't looked at this post in over a week. Thought I had just about made up my mind and ya'll throw in two more options.

I've been talking with Matt from Import Intelligence. He is pretty responsive with questions and e-mails. It's pretty funny how preferences are between the GT2871R .64 vs. .86... (Don't respond to that, there's plenty to read about on here) I'm beginning to think it doesn't matter anymore with great tuning from the Power FC D-Jetro. That is the one thing that is common so far with the recommended shops. But thats what is killing my budget... I'll have to find some used parts to pull this off and I doubt that will happen before going to VIR in July.

I'll have to check out these other two shops (Best1 & National Speed Inc.).

Again thanks to everyone who posted!

IIRC Matt uses Haltec on the majority of his cars, and did a damn good job with my tune using it. Which ended up costing me far less than a Power FC setup.

aNskY
06-02-2009, 03:12 PM
I'm beginning to think it doesn't matter anymore with great tuning from the Power FC D-Jetro.

what do you mean by that? it doesnt tune itself..

millertm
06-05-2009, 06:43 PM
what do you mean by that? it doesnt tune itself..

Just that the PFC includes artificial intelligence that diagnoses, troubleshoots and selects it's own parameters. If you didn't get that model of PFC I feel sorry for you........

aNskY
06-06-2009, 07:14 AM
:rofl: :rofl:

hottscennessey
06-08-2009, 05:47 AM
Hey guys,

I offer S13 SR20DET tuning services in Richmond.

Give me a call, my name is Scott. I offer anything from street to dyno tunes. My rate for a complete tune on the SR20DET is $150. All you need is a S13 ECU with a PLMS/Calum style daughterboard. Sorry no Mines, binki, or JWT. No piggyback fuel controller necessary, but I can also tune with those.

Call or email for more details.
Scott Hennessey
[email protected]

whereda40at
06-10-2009, 02:07 AM
ma-motorsports is a great shop.

search the shops you are interested in on this forum.

but my vote goes to ma-motorsports.

i fourth that one. they have my car right now putting in a 300zx trans and tuning my power fc. ray is the fucking man. brian rocks too.

blueshark123
06-10-2009, 10:53 AM
i always reccomend evans-tuning they do awesome work

papa
06-25-2009, 01:39 PM
RT tuning 215 855 5565

outside of philly pa

g_mac530
07-21-2009, 01:13 AM
yea i would say give R/T a call especially if your leaning toward using PFC