PDA

View Full Version : 93 240sx w/ a ka24de- tech ?

specv118
05-17-2009, 07:59 PM
So im picking up with 93 s13 with a stock ka from a friend in FL.

So im told it starts fine, but runs rough (never did this before until recently) people have been telling him it needs a new timing chain tensioner and all will be well again?

I know this is a horrible description to a problem but im waiting for more information from him.

new info
IT started after we replaced all of the Timing components during the rebuild. Everything from factroy is plastic, now its all metal.

IT sounds like a chainsaw when its running like a metal chain rubbing against metal, and at idle the revs go up and down about 500rpms.

Now one of the reasons I haven't been driving it is because when you slow down the car dies, like either it's not getting enough fuel or the timing is not constant..

So if you guru's out there know or have heard of something like this please put your 2 cents in.

Thanks

- Specv118

specv118
05-18-2009, 07:56 AM
Bump, i need help guys :)

ero714
05-18-2009, 08:03 AM
KA are good motors

specv118
05-18-2009, 09:23 AM
KA are good motors

well i knew this.

So ill take it the noob doesnt get help?

specv118
05-18-2009, 09:27 AM
This is my take on whats going on.

The timing is off a few teeth cause the car to have a rough idle and die coming to a stop from a roll, but isn't off enough to where the car wont start, hoping these are interfance(sp?) motors, so that all i need to do is re time this motor and call it a day?

thoughts?

oaznbeasto
05-19-2009, 11:52 AM
how does it sounds when it runs? It's probably off as you say, they replaced all the timing components? why would you need a new tensioner? I would get it timed and see if thats the problem man. That's what it sounds like. unplugged your maf and replug its sometimes the problem. If you need more help check out ka-t.org (awesome site and plenty of info)