PDA

View Full Version : S14 starter issue

Z33TT
05-16-2009, 06:24 PM
Hey I recently put my car back together after having it sit with no motor for 4 years.
I put a stock KA in it and for some reason the starter wont turn, I don't even hear a click when I turn the key. I thought it might be the starter so I had it tested and its fine. I then thought it might be the starter relay but i can't find any starter relays in the fuse box. Can some one please help me out. Has this happened to others?

Thanks
Josh

TRU_DAH-V
05-16-2009, 06:31 PM
did you check if your battery still has a charge?

Z33TT
05-16-2009, 06:46 PM
I found the starter relay in the interior fuse box and changed it so that isnt the problem I also checked the starter signal fuse and it isnt blown.

That else could it be?

Z33TT
05-16-2009, 06:47 PM
did you check if your battery still has a charge?

Yea It has a new one

projectRDM
05-17-2009, 10:31 AM
There is no starter relay inside the car on S14s. The relay is called the clutch interlock, it's under the hood. Is the clutch switch broken or damaged?

Z33TT
05-18-2009, 07:09 PM
There is no starter relay inside the car on S14s. The relay is called the clutch interlock, it's under the hood. Is the clutch switch broken or damaged?

I don't think its damage? Ill go check the clutch relay now to see if it clicks where can i buy a new switch the car started fine 4 years ago before i pulled the motor out. can relays just go bad with out any use?