PDA

View Full Version : Blown ECU??

stephenkaili
05-16-2009, 09:57 AM
Well here's the deal. When I bought my 240 it was an automatic so me and my buddy changed it to a five-speed. I basically followed the project car magazine, and I completed the circuit on the nuetral control switch. Then the car would not start from the ignition. So I installed a push start after we finished and that worked fine until I blew an ecu. I've blown about three ecu so far but I dont know why. I've checked for bare wires if there were any bare wires i covered them up. Could it be my push start thats causing my car to do this? If anyone knows anything please let me know

babowc
05-17-2009, 11:27 AM
I've never heard of blowing ecus...

alzahakar
05-17-2009, 03:37 PM
I don't think the push button would cause the problem. It's a simple momentary switch. Your installation of the push button on the other hand probably is causing the problem. That switch shouldn't be doing anything except supplying power to the starter. That's it. Now, somewhere during that tranny swap you fucked something up and that could be causing it as well. If you didn't fuck up on the tranny swap, you wouldn't have had any problems starting it. Start there.