PDA

View Full Version : Angels & Demons

cserrano86
05-16-2009, 03:04 AM
I just got back from watching this... I liked it.
The cinematography was pretty awesome, musical score was good, and Tom Hanks once again delivered...
I don't wanna give to much away but for those who've read the book, your thoughts?
There are a few things that were changed but not that noticeable.
I'm expecting mixed feelings about this movie because I feel that I'd be a little lost if I hadn't read the book...

Do it...

SochBAT
05-16-2009, 03:12 AM
This is supposed to take places years prior to Da Vinci.

Should've used John Macavoy (?).

I love the brands. So awesome.

Haven't seen the movie yet though.

an_orange_s2k
05-16-2009, 04:05 AM
read the book and it was great. cant wait to see the movie

DrtyRat
05-16-2009, 05:14 AM
Angels and Demons, to me, was by far dan brown's best book. I can't wait to see the movie

S13SilviaGirl
05-16-2009, 10:24 AM
I can't wait to see it. I loved the book. I like the book better than The DaVinci Code.

cserrano86
05-19-2009, 04:59 PM
So anybody see this yet?

dert420sx
05-19-2009, 05:06 PM
Angels and Demons, to me, was by far dan brown's best book. I can't wait to see the movie

I can't wait to see it. I loved the book. I like the book better than The DaVinci Code.

QFT! i love dan brown's books but Angels & Demons, imo, is his best book because it introduces Robert Langdon and blew my mind with the historical details. 2nd would have to be Deception Point.

OP, sorry but i've been meaning to go see this, just never had much time. gonna try to see it this weekend. would you recommend that i go see this in imax if available? i know there's one at The Bridge off the 405.

cserrano86
05-19-2009, 05:25 PM
OP, sorry but i've been meaning to go see this, just never had much time. gonna try to see it this weekend. would you recommend that i go see this in imax if available? i know there's one at The Bridge off the 405.

You know, I saw it in a standard theater and I was still pretty impressed... But Imax would be pretty awesome. There's really a lot of excellent scenery in this movie...

wickedjester
05-19-2009, 05:29 PM
i saw it and i have never read the book. i thought it was very good and very well done. and it had a very national treasure feel to it. rushing from clue to clue. very good i give it the grade A

dert420sx
05-19-2009, 05:53 PM
You know, I saw it in a standard theater and I was still pretty impressed... But Imax would be pretty awesome. There's really a lot of excellent scenery in this movie...

sweet. been kinda wary with what movies i watch at IMAX due to the price. last movie i saw on IMAX left me wanting my money back. it was that keanu "the day the earth stood still" crap. :barf:

i am hoping this one does not let me down.

Om1kron
05-19-2009, 09:28 PM
I really enjoyed the movie....

It was very obvious at a certain point what was going on, not having read the book myself. It's pretty obvious what was changed LOL!!!

Since something in the book did not exist in the world when it was released back in what 03-04?

nismo 240sx
05-19-2009, 10:27 PM
great movie i want to go watch it again! its crazy how the least person you would expect to be a iluminti is him...got to watch dont want to ruin it!

cserrano86
05-19-2009, 11:43 PM
I really enjoyed the movie....

It was very obvious at a certain point what was going on, not having read the book myself. It's pretty obvious what was changed LOL!!!

Since something in the book did not exist in the world when it was released back in what 03-04?

LOL! Yeah, good point...

screaminfast
05-20-2009, 07:01 AM
I haven't read any of the books, but I really liked the movie!

meteorite_flo
05-20-2009, 01:16 PM
Good book, but i did not really like the movie for some reason.

DALAZ_68
05-20-2009, 02:12 PM
i thought both A&D and Davinci code were great books...Da Vinci code movie IMHO sucked...so much was left out...especially in the ending...if u read the book then watched the movie, you know what i meant...

i hope A&D delivers better than the book, or atleast at an equal balance...

cserrano86
05-20-2009, 03:05 PM
i thought both A&D and Davinci code were great books...Da Vinci code movie IMHO sucked...so much was left out...especially in the ending...if u read the book then watched the movie, you know what i meant...

i hope A&D delivers better than the book, or atleast at an equal balance...
This movie does deliver... However, as in every book turned into movie, there is still stuff left out and stuff changed... You'll never get the same depth that you get in books unless the movie is 7 hours long like Lord of the Rings...

strongbads240
05-20-2009, 03:26 PM
hahah i was watching the movie when the earthquake hit :faint::faint::faint: ahhhh talking about shitting a brick .everyone ran out kid you not 5 mins tops haha

DALAZ_68
05-20-2009, 03:40 PM
This movie does deliver... However, as in every book turned into movie, there is still stuff left out and stuff changed... You'll never get the same depth that you get in books unless the movie is 7 hours long like Lord of the Rings...

yeah but im pretty sure LOTR people were more satisfied with attention to detail then we were...imagin it...like say Xmen Origin...how many people were sad to not here Gambit trademark accent...?

cserrano86
05-20-2009, 03:58 PM
yeah but im pretty sure LOTR people were more satisfied with attention to detail then we were...imagin it...like say Xmen Origin...how many people were sad to not here Gambit trademark accent...?
Very true... one thing they can never get right no matter how much they try, is each characters thoughts. I love that about books...

Agreed, that's why I bought the Animated Series on DVD... oh that Cajun...