PDA

View Full Version : AC problem helppppp

silvia_andy
05-16-2009, 02:20 AM
hey everyone I have a 89 s13 and I have AC problems I'll give you the run down of what's happening and if anyone has a clue on how to fix it please reply to this post. the AC doesn't work but the fans run just blows air but isn't cold the heat runs just fine. another problem is the AC button doesn't lite up but I'm sure that's not the reason. I was told to do a compression check but not sure how to do it the right way so if anyone knows how to make the AC blow cold air please help me out thank you.

DDDsquad_s13panda
05-16-2009, 10:33 AM
trip the two wire thats on the sight hole for the freon.. its going to be a few feet down the compressor motor and see if your compressor engages.. if it doesnt you might have a bad compressor.

maybe you A/C control fuse is blown OR the climate control is bad.

check fuse/relays on A/C and compressor.

goodluck

monkey7
05-16-2009, 02:37 PM
i just recharged my A/C on my car yesterday! first i try to see if my compressor works by just pushing the A/C button but of course it doesnt work and the light doesnt turn on either.theres a dual pressure sensor on the system so if the pressure is too high or too low the compressor will not turn on. so i tried my luck and bought a A/C recharging kit at kragen, you will have to get the retrofit kit like me, because OEM uses r-12 gas, while nowadays its cheaper to use r-134a gas. it comes with adaptors to make it r-134a compatible, and a dvd on how to! :). the low side where you recharge your system is right next to oil dipstick. btw was your A/C working before?

Silverbullet
05-16-2009, 02:54 PM
find someone IRL who knows HVAC. The first thing to check for is if the evap and the cond pressures are within spec. If not, it could be low on freon or your compressor is not operating properly.

silvia_andy
05-16-2009, 10:24 PM
hey thanks for replying I will try some of the stuff you all have posted but I did something different today I took off the red cap n used my key to see if there was pressure coming out n it seems like there's none so is it possible I could just add that AC stuff from the can?

monkey7
05-19-2009, 03:23 AM
thats exactly what i did haha. but if you want to DIY you will have to get that retrofit kit i told you about. around 40 bucks. but if your not inclined take it to a shop that deals with A/C systems. i thought it was a hit or miss situation and i just wanted to spend the lesser amount than bringing it to a shop. im guessing three scenarios that could happen: compressor is shot, big leak in system, or it starts working again! :)