PDA

View Full Version : Deadliest warrior!!!!!

raz0rbladez909
05-15-2009, 06:31 AM
New show on spike, i've watched the first two episodes and thought they were pretty entertaining. They basically take two different types of combatants and compare their weaponry and tactics and put them against each other, not to mention lots of explosions and gunfire. Any of you guys checked it out?
Deadliest Warrior (http://www.spike.com/show/31082)

ZX88
05-15-2009, 07:17 AM
it is entertaining i saw the mafia one and the special forces one. its like myth busters with the simulated ballistic gel bodies but 100% more bloodly lol.

rokmplutonium
05-15-2009, 09:37 AM
I saw the Apache vs. Gladiator. They had Chuck Liddell try out some of the weapons. He managed to punch/cut through an entire side of beef.
BTW. I think the narrator is the guy from 300.

IStop4NoMan
05-15-2009, 10:25 AM
^ ha
when i read the title of the thread i read it in his voice

some of these matchups seem mismatched to me. shouldnt they put a knight up against a samurai and a ninja vs apache? these seem more consistent than an unarmored person vs a heavily armored person.

imotion s14
05-15-2009, 11:11 AM
Their methodology is just which weapon does the most damage to the ballistic gel. Mildly entertaining but they could just take out the people and just compare weapons for the same effect.

DrftSLowHomIe!!
05-15-2009, 11:25 AM
^^^^ the show wont be as fun tho IMO.

SochBAT
05-15-2009, 12:13 PM
^ ha
when i read the title of the thread i read it in his voice

some of these matchups seem mismatched to me. shouldnt they put a knight up against a samurai and a ninja vs apache? these seem more consistent than an unarmored person vs a heavily armored person.

BINGO.

Pirate v. KNIGHT?

CMON!!! BITCH HAS A FUCKING GUN!

VNG704
05-15-2009, 12:18 PM
yea, basically weapon vs weapon... funny to hear the guys supposedly on different sides argue.

ESmorz
05-15-2009, 12:55 PM
I have my issues with the testing and data, but it's still kind of entertaining.

chigga311
05-15-2009, 01:04 PM
Yeah it pretty much is weapon vs weapon.
But what they don't take into much account is speed/agility/technique/skill.

Good show though def like it.

Watch it every tues, then UFC after!!!

mRclARK1
05-15-2009, 01:34 PM
It's entertaining. That's about it. Realistic? Not really. Most of their comparisons are not practical or just can't account for so many factors as to make it no more than a good show to watch with some friends when bored IMHO.

A lot of the times they're comparing apples to oranges it seems. Like was said, they're mostly testing damage from weaponry. They don't factor in (and really can't) tactics in a given situation, techniques, and the individual yielding said weaponry etc. Most of the shows leave me with the feeling of the old (wrong) logic that "Well if A beat B and C beat A, then C can and will beat B"... Doesn't always work that way.

I know that their special forces expert for the Green Beret vs. Spetsnaz episode is not exactly in the best standing with the US military either. Not that that really matters for his advice on the subject matter at hand I suppose. I also hate how they keep comparing UFC fighters as though they're some new form of "deadly warrior"... Last I checked UFC still had rules and if I found myself in a ring I wouldn't be allowed to fight dirty or employ weaponry... UFC is mildly entertaining in IMO, but it's still just a sport. Not combat or war. It involves no warriors. lol

imotion s14
05-15-2009, 01:55 PM
pirate vs ninja.. now that would be a good match up.

theronin
05-15-2009, 11:12 PM
im sorry, but i still feel that the Ninja woulda beat the spartan warrior. spartans power lied in their teamwork. no match for a cunning ninja 1v1. otherwise ive agreed with every of their choices.

SochBAT
05-16-2009, 03:01 AM
Ninja would've poisoned the city's water supply months in advance.

theronin
05-16-2009, 08:16 PM
/\

exactly. i mean fuck, even in the weapon showdown they showed that if that egg w/ crushed glass in it comes in contact with the eyes (which it did in the fight) there was no way the victim would be able to see for quite a long time. WHAT THE FUCK DEADLIEST WARRIOR!!>?!?!! everyone knows that ninjas>all

satal95
05-16-2009, 08:20 PM
I enjoy this show but i preferred 1000 ways to die