PDA

View Full Version : Driving up to Norcal(Bay area) this weekend. What to do?

CrimsonRockett
05-13-2009, 12:33 PM
So, the girlfriend and I are driving up to Norcal this weekend just because.

We've never been up there. So, figured we might as well drive up there and go sight seeing.

We will be stopping by some Outlets/Shopping centers to kill some time, but I'm looking for some food suggestions.

Anythings you guys recommend?

We're big on Korean/Japanese BBQ places, Ramen, etc.

Mainly going to be in the San Francisco area, but we don't mind driving.

:wavey:

240=180
05-13-2009, 12:40 PM
You should come kickit with us at one of our local meets. It would be nice to meet you

check out

nor-cal240sx.com

Its our local forum. Post up a thread on there and we can organize a big meet/dinner or something

MannylovesLian
05-13-2009, 01:48 PM
when i went there we went to catch crabs at a pier in Daly City. maybe like 20 min from SF. cant really help on the food. its all really the same as here.

But definetly on your way back stop by the "Casa De Fruit" its on the 5 i think comming back. map quest it to be certain, but a must to check out.

OptionZero
05-13-2009, 03:02 PM
Driving might suck Sunday morning. It's Bay to Breakers.

check out the new Academy of Science in Golden Gate park

JDMB0iKT
05-13-2009, 03:03 PM
Check out Pepperlunch in Milpitas at McCarthy Ranch.

But yeah, if you want to chill with some of us.

nor-cal240sx.com

blownmotor
05-13-2009, 07:30 PM
Japantown on Geary st.

slider2828
05-13-2009, 09:41 PM
There is lots to do, how much time are you here for? But seriously LA has some really good food so I dunno...

Dim sum @ daly city on sat afternoon @ tai woo restaurant... Not crazy expensive.

Bloomingdales downtown san francisco.... eat maybe some beard papas or straights cafe do some shopping, ride a cable car.

Find a place to live, maybe the Days Inn near San Francisco Ocean Beach. It will be SUPER NICE here cause its about 80 in San Francisco this weekend. Near this place, you can look and eat at the cliff house or beach chalet. A little expensive. Call the days inn though cause its going to be crazy with bay to breakers.

Sunday you can watch the race and all its craziness.... and then get out of the city, cause its going to be crazy sunday.

PM me if you have any questions...

FaLKoN240
05-13-2009, 10:27 PM
Don't go to any meets up here, you'll be disappointed.

Typical tourist stuff in SF to do:

Haight Street

Check out Pier 39

Ghiradelli Square

Fisherman's wharf

Japantown (Go to Fatlace and say what's up, all of them are cool and know S chassis stuff)

On your way up or down if it's between 12-7 come to Premier (ZAR and I work there, stop by and say hi, bring me those exhaust tips yo! :D)

PM or IM me at falkon240

We can talk about that kinds of shit.

!Zar!
05-13-2009, 10:33 PM
Yeah, honestly I suggest you don't stay IN SF.

Stay in a city south of it.

Easier to get around and rates shouldn't be as high.

Best to check out SF, then maybe Berkley and San Jose.

That will take you all around the bay area.

Depending on when you get here and for how long, I'm down to kick it. Maybe even go out for a drink.

I could drive you to some spots that way you aren't forced to drive all over the Bay.

I'm sure Falkon will even come out for this.

CrimsonRockett
05-14-2009, 12:19 AM
You should come kickit with us at one of our local meets. It would be nice to meet you

check out

nor-cal240sx.com

Its our local forum. Post up a thread on there and we can organize a big meet/dinner or something

To be honest, I'm not big on meets.

Hell, I hardly go to the local ones by me.

Only make it out to the bigger meets.

Sorry. Thanks for the invite though!

:-/

when i went there we went to catch crabs at a pier in Daly City. maybe like 20 min from SF. cant really help on the food. its all really the same as here.

But definetly on your way back stop by the "Casa De Fruit" its on the 5 i think comming back. map quest it to be certain, but a must to check out.

I googled it. Sounds pretty interesting.

If we drive by it, we'll definitely check it out.

Driving might suck Sunday morning. It's Bay to Breakers.

check out the new Academy of Science in Golden Gate park

Good to know.

I don't know if the girlfriend would want to go to an Academy of Science though.

Haha.

Check out Pepperlunch in Milpitas at McCarthy Ranch.

But yeah, if you want to chill with some of us.

nor-cal240sx.com

Hmm, more googling.

I'm not the greatest person to meet to be honest.

I'm kinda quiet with lots of awkward silences.

Haha.

Maybe some other time?(When the girlfriend isn't around since she's not big on "meets" either).

Japantown on Geary st.

Sounds interesting...

There is lots to do, how much time are you here for? But seriously LA has some really good food so I dunno...

Dim sum @ daly city on sat afternoon @ tai woo restaurant... Not crazy expensive.

Bloomingdales downtown san francisco.... eat maybe some beard papas or straights cafe do some shopping, ride a cable car.

Find a place to live, maybe the Days Inn near San Francisco Ocean Beach. It will be SUPER NICE here cause its about 80 in San Francisco this weekend. Near this place, you can look and eat at the cliff house or beach chalet. A little expensive. Call the days inn though cause its going to be crazy with bay to breakers.

Sunday you can watch the race and all its craziness.... and then get out of the city, cause its going to be crazy sunday.

PM me if you have any questions...

That Dim Sum place sounds pretty good(big Dim Sum fan).

Just googled Bay to Breakers, sounds fairly interesting too, but don't want to get stuck in Norcal for an entire day either.

Haha.

Don't go to any meets up here, you'll be disappointed.

Typical tourist stuff in SF to do:

Haight Street

Check out Pier 39

Ghiradelli Square

Fisherman's wharf

Japantown (Go to Fatlace and say what's up, all of them are cool and know S chassis stuff)

On your way up or down if it's between 12-7 come to Premier (ZAR and I work there, stop by and say hi, bring me those exhaust tips yo! :D)

PM or IM me at falkon240

We can talk about that kinds of shit.

I'll look into those first spots.

Fatlace sounds pretty cool.

If Premier is near where we're driving up to(which i'm still unsure of at this point), I'll definitely stop by and drop off those tips.

Haha.

Yeah, honestly I suggest you don't stay IN SF.

Stay in a city south of it.

Easier to get around and rates shouldn't be as high.

Best to check out SF, then maybe Berkley and San Jose.

That will take you all around the bay area.

Depending on when you get here and for how long, I'm down to kick it. Maybe even go out for a drink.

I could drive you to some spots that way you aren't forced to drive all over the Bay.

I'm sure Falkon will even come out for this.

I myself am 1000% tempted to stay in Norcal for the night, but the gf's parents are anal about overnight stays in distant places(I know, retarded, but there's not much I can do).

So, I think this may be a one day thing. We do plan on leaving from Socal around 4:30-5:00am to be there by 11ish. If we don't stay, we'll be leaving around 10-11pm(which I'm fine with since I'm pretty much always driving at night), but then again I'm still not 100% sure what exactly IS going to happen.

If I was of legal drinking age, I'd be cool with it(hell, I'm still cool with it now), but since the girlfriend is coming along, there's not much I can do.

Not saying she's a party pooper or anything, but she's really not THAT type of girl. I will be going to Norcal again fairly soon with my friend Brian(rubicant on my350z...dude that got his Z33 ruined by widegts) after both of our cars are done and out of the shop from paint next month.

So, we can take care of the "fun stuff" next month.

Haha.

For now, we'll do the typical tourist stops.

Thanks for the input everybody!

ayuaddict
05-14-2009, 01:25 AM
hmmm...

San Jose sucks.

i live in San Jose and i usually go elsewhere to do fun stuff.

since you mentioned ramen, Kahoo in San Jose and Santa Ramen in San Mateo come to mind as good ramen places...

i would just hang out in the city the whole time haha.

1on1
05-14-2009, 04:15 AM
if you plan on eating crawfish go to crawdad king in milpitas, if you want bbq go to texas road house, im assuming you're going to gilroy outlet you might aswell stop by the sonics (you'll see it on your left handside coming from 152 and not sure if they have one in socal lol). only things i can think of atm.

FaLKoN240
05-14-2009, 11:47 AM
There's a really good Ramen place in Burlingame by my old work (Welcome to GoKart Racer! (http://www.gokartracer.com))

The ramen place is called Ramen Club

Ramen Club - Burlingame, CA (http://www.yelp.com/biz/ramen-club-burlingame-2)

Type in the names of all the places that people list in Yelp, and that will give you a better idea of if you wanna go or not, plus all the addresses are there as well.

slider2828
05-14-2009, 12:43 PM
A one day trip? Damn hell that is going to be crazy.... Sorry to hear about that....

If you are stressed on time, go to West Field Valley Fair Mall and Santana Row... That is a pretty cool place to chill. Open late night.

Then to go to some weird place, you should probably check out Mystery Spot (That is totally crazy place and it will be quiet and nice and you will be in the Santa Cruz mountains.

For Dim Sum then just go to Mayflower Lounge in Milpitas Square....

If you come any where near SF, its going to be crazy traffic.... CRAZY traffic and waste of your time.

4DOOR_LIFE
05-15-2009, 09:40 PM
come visit me at work.lol. Urban Outfitters ( downtown Sf on Powell st. and Ellis) its right where they turn around the cable cars.

you can also check out twin peaks, seeing as thats one place every couple must go at least once. amazing view of the city.