PDA

View Full Version : Questions reguarding my S13..=(

BoostedAuto
05-10-2009, 04:44 PM
Im getting ready to kill this new 240!!!

Car wont start and or crank.

1.) Problem Bleeding the clutch.
~Previous owner never told me there was a 5-spd swap in the works. Bought an Agency steel braided clutch line. Been trying to bleed the system for the past 2 days, still nothing. Bench Bled the Clutch Master Cylinder, Bled again nothing.

2.) Engine Body Harness.
~Removed it to re-paint my engine bay. After I Installed it theres one connector I have no clue where it goes. Its a white connector that goes through the firewall on the passenger side. Theres 3 connectors at the end of the harness. Been fishing my hand around inside, cant see or find anything.

3.) No Crank, No Start.
~Swapped over my SR from my old S13. Pretty sure its due to problem #2 but if not, ill be bitching

4.) Reverse Lights not working:
~I finished the 5-speed swap but Im kind of iffy on it. I used How To: 5 Speed Swap in Convertibles (and other S13s): 240SX Convertible Forum: Nissan Forums / Infiniti Forums - NICOclub (http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread?id=77784&page=5) as refrence and after completion, still nothing. I didn't connect the brn/ylw wire to the grn/blu wire due to the fact I believe that is for convertable's to make the top function. Correct me if Im wrong.

5.) Pass rear wheel unable to move.
~I did a 5-lug swap since I upgraded to Z32 brakes. The night I put it on, wheel spun freely, next day it doesn't budge. I haven't pulled it apart yet. Possibly be the z32 backing plate be slightly off??

Pretty sure that covers most of it....Any help would be greatly appreciated!

slothonaleash
05-10-2009, 04:50 PM
1. Do you still have the clutch damper box? It turns a five minute job into a day-long job. I suggest you reroute the clutchline directly into the slave cylinder, if you still have the damper that is.

BoostedAuto
05-10-2009, 06:03 PM
1. Do you still have the clutch damper box? It turns a five minute job into a day-long job. I suggest you reroute the clutchline directly into the slave cylinder, if you still have the damper that is.

There is no Dampner box on the vehicle. I understand what your talking about though. I ran the line streight from the clutch master cylinder to the slave cylinder.

I wonder if my slave cylinder went bad. I find it hard to believe though since it only has like 1k miles on it from when it was in my old hatch.

redsx13
05-10-2009, 08:14 PM
There is no Dampner box on the vehicle. I understand what your talking about though. I ran the line streight from the clutch master cylinder to the slave cylinder.

I wonder if my slave cylinder went bad. I find it hard to believe though since it only has like 1k miles on it from when it was in my old hatch.

bleeding the clutch should be pretty easy, it took me like 5 minutes and i was alone

as for the no crank, first check to see if your harness plug bolt is tight, that connector needs to be plugged in all the way. if that doesn't work, check if the ecu is geting power, the main ecu power wires are black/white stripe, check them with a testlight/volt meter

projectRDM
05-10-2009, 09:15 PM
White connector on passenger side is either ASCD or ATC.

redsx13
05-11-2009, 12:35 AM
update?? Figure anything out yet?

BoostedAuto
05-11-2009, 11:10 AM
White connector on passenger side is either ASCD or ATC.

The ASCD has a small black connector with the relay mounted on the back. The other box is for ETC and it has the connector that looks like the one for the ECU.

I remember having this problem when I did my last SR swap in my old Hatch. Ended up being a grounding issue. I retained the grounds used on my last one and nothing.
~I have the grounds in temporary locations so I wonder if that could be an issue??? I'm going to try that now and see what happens.
~Fixed that and still nothing...