PDA

View Full Version : Difference in wiring SR into SOHC vs. DOHC

240sxDann
05-09-2009, 10:53 AM
I know, I know, SEARCH! I don't know how to word it to find the answer honestly. I just wanted to know what the differences are because I have a 93 DOHC, and I'm swapping in an SR. The SR was previously in a 90 SOHC. Is the plug under the dash the only difference between SOHC and DOHC? I already switched that out because I knew they were different. (DOHC uses the brown plug, SOHC uses the white one. I cut the white one off, and wired the brown one onto the SR harness) PLEASE HELP ME! I just want to be sure that there is nothing else that needs changed, and if there is, what it is. I really really appreciate any help, this is my first swap and I'm doing it by myself so all help truly is appreciated.

redsx13
05-09-2009, 01:28 PM
If you want, i have a brand new harness that is all set up for a s13 sr into a 91-94 240sx. plug and play!

240sxDann
05-09-2009, 01:36 PM
lol nice ninja edit! I already have that plug and everything done so I guess I'll try this and see what happens. :) Just got the motor in to the car, takin a quick break. Its gettin hot here lol

redsx13
05-10-2009, 03:04 AM
lol nice ninja edit! I already have that plug and everything done so I guess I'll try this and see what happens. :) Just got the motor in to the car, takin a quick break. Its gettin hot here lol

well dont quote me on this but i think the rest of the plugs are the same, if they aren't just swap your plugs on, simple.

RacerX1
05-10-2009, 01:39 PM
SR20DET Swap Engine Harness Wiring Diagram Guide SR SR20 (http://www.frsport.com/SR20DET-Swap-Engine-Harness-Wiring-Diagram-Guide-SR-SR20_t_26.html)
They provide a pretty good diagram on how to do this