PDA

View Full Version : NEED YOUR HELP: adjusted clutch pedal, now not clutch and cant shift

fst100
05-08-2009, 10:14 PM
just had a lower mileage clutch replaced along with the master cylinder by a professional tranny shop. even b4 the master cylinder ganve out, the clutch pedal was pretty tight-meaning once i press down on the clutch pedal and about to release it to get into gear it'll grab pretty good. now fast forward to after the master and clutch replaced and it was still doing that.

did a few more searches and realize that i also have to adjust the rod itself using some pliers or something. so the more threads that goes towards the rear of the car(or fork i suppose) the quicker or more the clutch would engage, and vice versa.

I just recently tried to readjust my clutch pedal and I noticed the 12mm bolt was hard to loosen(CCW) so I tok a bit of force to try and break it free. Well unbeknownst I somehow bent one or both sides of the fork that connects to the rod. Well I didn’t now at first and I thought it would be a good idea to take out the cotton pin and the rod holding the fork in place. Well once I got the pin out I tried again to loosen the 12mm bolt on the rod. No good, and I was late to meeting up with friends so I tried to get the pin back in between the fork. Well I got the side closest to the door but I cant get the right side to fit into the pin >.< so I thought I could tackle this later on and just put the cotton-pin in place since it was somewhat holding the fork in place on one side. Well the clutch was really loose and the instant I let go of the pedal the clutch would grab. So I babied it to the meeting place and bowled a few games. As I was driving there I noticed it was getting more and more hard to engage the clutch as well as shift in between gears.

Once I was done bowling, I started the car but then it quickly died? It seems that the clutch isn’t even engaged anymore to even idle the motor?? I was able to get ome by pumping the clutch 2-3 times and quickly and with much effort shift into between gears. And at stops it would quickly stall even in neutral?? So I had to start the car in 1st gear and start the car and quickly get it to start moving to prevent stalling and again I ahd to forcefully shift between gears while cruising. Any advice as to if I can replace the fork on the clutch pedal or am I screwed??? I need to get this fixed/repaired as I do NOT have another car to get around. I need your help:cry::cry:

I should of left the clutch the way it was, but I wanted a quicker engagement

fst100
05-09-2009, 08:31 AM
well since i had daylight today i had some time to fiure some stuff out. took the fork out by unscrewing it from the rod and had to do some surgery to get it back to fitment. used the vise, hammer, flathead philips, and a dremel i was able to get it back to 'normal' and it now shifts nice and everything. the stalling issue was due to my 'custom' CAI that caused a vac leak at the MAF sensor and it would cause the stalling. swapped back the stock air box and everythings peachie again. im gonna invest in an actual CAI, prolly a cheap ebay one that has the correct adapter piece for the shape of teh maf sensor housing