PDA

View Full Version : 300ZX Brake Master Cylinder Install Help

ARC240
05-08-2009, 06:01 PM
Hey guys,

Fairly new to Zilvia. Just have a quick question. I picked up a brand new Tokico 17/16" 300ZX brake master cylinder just after converting to 5-lug and R32 GTR brakes. The issue is that my 240 is ABS equipped (has 2 brake lines that need to be threaded into the cylinder), however the Tokico cylinder comes with 2 open fittings (1 for front, 1 for rear) and 1 plugged fitting. I plugged the first brake hard line into the very first port (furthest on the right, once you remove the dirt plug) because it lined right up with it. However, I'm having a hard time figuring out which port I should hook the second brake line (closest to the firewall) up to. The hard line matches up to port B on the image below, however, there's a hex plug in there, but port A is completely open. Not sure if I need to re-bend the hard line and thread it into A or take out the hex plug from B and go through all of the trouble to put the little fitting into it. Im leaning towards rebending the hard line and putting into port A. Which one does the second line thread into, A or B? Just thought I'd rather ask and be sure, brakes are a major system, want to make sure I do it right. Any help is appreciated :D!
Thanks!

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z104/hipowerparts/untitled.jpg

Banegraphix
05-08-2009, 07:15 PM
Leave the hex plug in. rear brakes go in the port furthest from the firewall and front brakes go in the port closest to the firewall (port A). you would only need the plugged port if you had a non-ABS S13

ARC240
05-08-2009, 07:37 PM
Yeah, I figured that was the right way and to just bend the line to fit. Thanks for the confirmation!