PDA

View Full Version : Star Trek...

TheWolf
05-07-2009, 10:30 PM
GO SEE IT!!!!

If you even remotely like flicks related to space crap.

One of the best action flicks I've seen and thought it paid good homage to it's origins. As good or better than iron man. Even the wife who is no trekie wants to go see it again!

ALTRNTV
05-07-2009, 10:40 PM
I wanna see it because it has nothing to do with the Star Trek series.

origin_s135
05-07-2009, 10:43 PM
I was never into star trek, but this one looks cool.

wh0aitznic0
05-07-2009, 10:46 PM
In the commercials, they said that "this isn't your father's star trek." I actually might go see it instead of Wolverine.

drift4saki
05-07-2009, 11:41 PM
Just saw it, and I definitely agree that it is a fantastic movie... I've never been much into Star Trek and I still loved the film.

- Duncan

driftn_silvia
05-07-2009, 11:55 PM
call me stupid, but im going with my DARTH VADER shirt to the midnight showing....screw the TREKIS!!!! lol...

slider2828
05-08-2009, 12:32 AM
Its definitely blah... Its not great... It definitely has NOTHING to do with any Star Trek series. Its entertaining, but don't go for the story cause its retarded.

aoiken3
05-08-2009, 12:35 AM
ok. all of your opinions were sufficient enough to persuade me to give my time for it. if i do not approve, i will be fairly disappointed in your tastes in good movies

fishhouse
05-08-2009, 12:37 AM
terrible movie. all the trekies snickering at everything made it 93759375 times worse. fuck what a shitty experience. wait til its in the dollar rent a movie machines.

deolio
05-08-2009, 12:58 AM
so excited for it. i've never been into star trek, but it looks like a sick movie.

Flipzide
05-08-2009, 01:20 PM
ive been waiting for this movie for a year. definitely gonna see it this weekend.

karl wasabi
05-08-2009, 02:09 PM
I was into the original movies just because my dad was. So I watched them and got into them. I can't wait to watch this one tonight.

4DOOR_LIFE
05-08-2009, 08:41 PM
i use to love watching voyager. lol. probably going to watch this tomorrow night.

RiversideS13
05-09-2009, 01:52 AM
just come back from it and i thought it was a good movie. i never watched any star trek before so i did not get some humor, but still cool

J ROK
05-09-2009, 02:06 AM
sucked, unrealistic.

Such as getting chased by giant monster for a long distance then scaring it off with a torch??????

And im sorry but no special forces in the future?

exitspeed
05-09-2009, 07:24 AM
As good or better than iron man.

This is a big statement man. I'm going to see it on Sun with my dad.

SHIFT_*grind*
05-09-2009, 07:32 AM
unrealistic.

Uhh, so is time travel? Deep space exploration? Warp drives? Beaming?

I've never seen a single Star Trek movie or TV episode and I thought this movie was amazing. JJ Abrams apparently stayed very true to the original characters, so most of the die hard Trekkies have been pretty pleased with it as well.

actually might go see it instead of Wolverine.

You should, Wolverine was pretty disappointing.

Quail
05-09-2009, 07:59 AM
sucked, unrealistic.

Because the Star Trek series is known for it's realism :goyou:

I'll check this when the hype dies down and I don't have to put up with the hordes of students and star trek geeks.

highwaystar22
05-09-2009, 08:26 AM
+10 for waiting until the trekkies get their fill, and you can go without having to deal with them squealing and talking about every part in the movie.

Daniel.
05-09-2009, 08:54 AM
sucked, unrealistic.

Such as getting chased by giant monster for a long distance then scaring it off with a torch??????

yeah what were they thinking making this movie so unrealistic? FUCK

THIS RUINS EVERYTHING

Star wars was so much more realistic than this movie. I can't believe some of the things in it. Blows my mind

Om1kron
05-09-2009, 09:29 AM
I think a whole bunch of overweight white wimmins and the black wimmens laughed out loud when they saw tyler perry as a head council member.

I even laughed. WTF!!!

And I didn't even recognize wynonna ryder. The made her look like an old frumple! (but then again she is old.)

My girlfriend thinks spock is hot. EWE! But mainly because of his dialect used in the movie.

I thought the guy that played bones did an excellent job, every godamned movie I've ever seen that guy in. (boune 2, chronicles of riddick) he has the christian bale batman voice, so I was a bit surprised to find out he had a normal human voice. haha

anyway movie was awesome, I saw it twice in the same day.

fishhouse
05-09-2009, 10:19 AM
hahaha yeah wtf was up with tyler perry as a council member hahahaha. movie was so retarded.

surge s14
05-09-2009, 10:40 AM
were there any startrak fan boys all dressed up?

if so bring on the lolz

bigJ86
05-09-2009, 10:53 AM
Star Track was a good movie.... worlds better then that Wolverine crap i seen last weekend

eds13
05-09-2009, 11:26 AM
I thought the guy that played bones did an excellent job

lol i totally agree.

i personally thought it was a great movie! i went to watch it with my dad and my fiancee last night. they both loved it too! dad's been a trekki forever and rhonda has never watched it.

but yeah, AWESOME FREAKIN MOVIE!

and as far as realism goes....its 250 years in the future, realism is a relative term in the future. :cool:

karl wasabi
05-09-2009, 02:25 PM
Saw it last night with my dad. It was truely an awesome movie. I am definitely going to go see it again. I can agree with the above statement that it was just as good if not better than Iron Man.

JJ Abrams did an AMAZING job in capturing the essence of every single character from the original series and movies. I loved how each of the characters got to say their famous lines as well. "Good god man!" LOL. I thouht it was cool how you got to see Kirk and Spock build their relationship with each other.

Yeah, I'm a Trekker.

SexPanda
05-09-2009, 02:34 PM
i used to watch star trek when i was little. I loved that show. I havent seen an episode in like... 15 years.

But yeah I want to see this... too bad all my moneys is going into a broke asssss subaru.

fishhouse
05-09-2009, 02:46 PM
are you kidding???? as good or better than iron man? you guys have to be insane!

karl wasabi
05-09-2009, 02:56 PM
are you kidding???? as good or better than iron man? you guys have to be insane!

Nah you're just ignorant and never gave the movie a chance. Why did you even waste your money to go see it?

fishhouse
05-09-2009, 03:02 PM
Why did you even waste your money to go see it?

wondering the same thing about halfway through it.

i walked in psyched to see it since every other trek movie was awesome. but this one was just terrible acting and shitty directing.

SochBAT
05-09-2009, 03:22 PM
I'm really tempted to see it. I just don't wanna pay.

Who wants to take me on a date?

Willing to go ATM.

KOUKIboy
05-09-2009, 03:28 PM
Its a soso movie...Some parts are tight, only bad thing was all the nerdz clapping and snickering at every damm thing made it kinda of unenjoyable..... Star Wars Rules Bitches...LOL

karl wasabi
05-09-2009, 03:30 PM
Its a soso movie...Some parts are tight, only bad thing was all the nerdz clapping and snickering at every damm thing made it kinda of unenjoyable..... Star Wars Rules Bitches...LOL

Everyone needs to stop bitching about how people snickered at OG Star Trek lines and what not.

You know you all did the same watching the Fast and Furious movies. Imagine how non-car people felt about that. lol.

KOUKIboy
05-09-2009, 03:33 PM
^^^True that...Lol

89s13steve
05-09-2009, 10:49 PM
Its definitely blah... Its not great... It definitely has NOTHING to do with any Star Trek series. Its entertaining, but don't go for the story cause its retarded.

So when you say it has nothing to do with any series you mean that it does right, because it pretty much answers most of the questions and history of the original series. I believe a more correct statement would be it is not styled like any of the series of films.

:mepoke:

EDacIouSX
05-09-2009, 11:04 PM
sucked, unrealistic.

THANKS FOR FUCKING KILLING THE STORY LINE. god damnit. you ass

Om1kron
05-09-2009, 11:04 PM
So when you say it has nothing to do with any series you mean that it does right, because it pretty much answers most of the questions and history of the original series. I believe a more correct statement would be it is not styled like any of the series of films.

:mepoke:

well being the story of the movie has to do with the original star trek universe and totally --------- the -------- of the previous universe I guess you will have to see the movie for yourself.

Flipzide
05-09-2009, 11:37 PM
loved it. redshirts are still in effect, lol. i loved all the battle sequences as well.

the movie did kinda flush everything about star trek down the toilet though.

it's an interesting new start though. i definitely understand why some trekkies dislike it, but the movie is so entertaining to hate it. it's a good start to bring in a new fanbase.

for reference, i enjoyed the next generation, voyager, and enterprise.

RurouniMidnight
05-10-2009, 12:29 AM
Saw it tonight and thought it was a very good and enjoyable movie, never really been into star trek more of a big star wars fan myself i dunno how it disruptes the other movies or storyline so i can't comment on that but i thought it was a great movie yeah.

karl wasabi
05-10-2009, 02:02 AM
loved it. redshirts are still in effect, lol. i loved all the battle sequences as well.

the movie did kinda flush everything about star trek down the toilet though.

it's an interesting new start though. i definitely understand why some trekkies dislike it, but the movie is so entertaining to hate it. it's a good start to bring in a new fanbase.

for reference, i enjoyed the next generation, voyager, and enterprise.

True that. JJ Abrams started a cool new story line for a new generation of Star Trek fans.

Next Generation was pretty cool, I liked Voyager a lot, Enterprise was cool for like a couple seasons, then it sucked. lol. And forget about Deep Space 9. lol.

aoiken3
05-10-2009, 08:31 PM
Star Track was a good movie.... worlds better then that Wolverine crap i seen last weekend

star trek was amazing. i was dragged into it by my roommate only to come out of it with a burning passion to watch the tv series.

then we movie hopped into wolverine and my day was ruined. for the first 20 minutes of it, i thought, "man star trek was so ridiculously good that its making me think wolverine sucks"............(end of x-men origins) "never mind. this movie just suck on its own"

aziankingz
05-10-2009, 09:26 PM
going to download it tonight and watch it.. heard its good.. never was a fan of star trek..but this seems interesting..

Synicals13
05-11-2009, 04:03 AM
i was never a fan of star trek, but i must admit it was really entertaining and surprisingly funny. One thing i noticed is that the black guy with the crest forehead and the cyclops shades wasnt in it. Overall i am now a fan of star trek due to this movie

karl wasabi
05-11-2009, 05:24 AM
i was never a fan of star trek, but i must admit it was really entertaining and surprisingly funny. One thing i noticed is that the black guy with the crest forehead and the cyclops shades wasnt in it. Overall i am now a fan of star trek due to this movie

Yeah because both of those characters (Worf and Geordi) were from Next Generation; not the original series.

kingkilburn
05-11-2009, 05:21 PM
I love the premise of the movie. The characters weren't over done stereotypes of the originals. The actors were all dead on.

My favorite part of the movie is the over all design of the Enterprise(save for engineering). They made it feel new again, like it is the future.

All the action had weight and drama to it(like Star Wars). You know, it wasn't two stationary ships shooting lasers at each other fallowed by a monologue.

unlegendary
05-11-2009, 10:19 PM
red shirts were always the ones to bite the dust. definitely something different compared to the original star trek series.

punxva
05-12-2009, 07:20 AM
thinking about going to see this tonight, i think i may just go for shits and giggles since everyone seems to either love or hate it

koukikat180sx
05-12-2009, 01:52 PM
i'm no star trek fan and didn't want to see it, but my bf wanted it. i'm glad i went to go see it. it was a really good movie. i wish i had seen it in imax.

swayray
05-12-2009, 02:12 PM
lol! They did detoured from the original story line but it all made sense at the end and it works... still very entertaining... i'm probably going to see it again...

SHIFT_*grind*
05-12-2009, 02:13 PM
sorry for screwing up the story for those who hasn't seen it....

Then why don't you edit your damn post so that you DON'T screw it up for everyone?

Oh man, I'm a genius.

karl wasabi
05-12-2009, 02:32 PM
I think I'm finna see it in Imax this week before it leaves Imax.

drift freaq
05-12-2009, 02:36 PM
True that. JJ Abrams started a cool new story line for a new generation of Star Trek fans.

Next Generation was pretty cool, I liked Voyager a lot, Enterprise was cool for like a couple seasons, then it sucked. lol. And forget about Deep Space 9. lol.

Actually deep space 9 got good in the last couple of seasons because they developed a long term storyline that went on serially. In the early seasons though it was kinda sucky but I watched it for the women. LOL the Short haired red head rocked as did the spotted brunette.

Wow and they weren't Asian. LOL

I saw Star Trek the movie yesterday . I saw Wolverine like a week ago. While Wolverine was good Star Trek was great! In other words Wolverine winds up with a B+ to maybe A- while Star Trek is a A+ to A-

I spotted a few holes in the story line that did not make logical sense, though I will go no further than saying that. It did not destroy the overall quality or excellence of the film.

The new actors did a pretty damn good job of getting the sense and characteristics of the original characters without going into overall straight impersonation of the original actors. Overall very well acted and excellence choices of actors for the parts.

Zachary Quinto was superb in his role, showing he has a real feel for getting into character and proving he is going to have a long career acting wise.

All in all an excellent film and would probably not mind seeing it again.

P.S. Karl were is it playing in IMAX?

karl wasabi
05-12-2009, 02:45 PM
Totally agree ^^^

If you look on Fandango, and click on the Star Trek IMAX link, it will show you theaters in your location playing it in IMAX.

phillofdfuture
05-13-2009, 12:03 AM
i have never seen a star trek episode or movie...i dont kno anythin about star trek...watched the movie and it was good! explains how to whole crew came together

imotion s14
05-13-2009, 09:12 AM
Actually deep space 9 got good in the last couple of seasons because they developed a long term storyline that went on serially. In the early seasons though it was kinda sucky but I watched it for the women. LOL the Short haired red head rocked as did the spotted brunette.

The best thing about DS9 was the fact they explored what was taboo in the other Star Trek series, namely interpersonal conflicts and morality being gray instead of black and white. Also Garak = best character in Trek universe.

Bashir: Assuming you're not a spy.
Garak: Assuming.
Bashir: Then maybe you're an outcast.
Garak: Or maybe I'm an outcast spy.
Bashir: How could you be both?
Garak: I never said I was either.

Odo: You'd shoot a man in the back?
Garak: It's the safest way, isn't it?

(Bashir tells the story of the boy who cried "Wolf")
Bashir: If you lie all the time, no one is going to believe you, even when you're telling the truth.
Garak: Are you sure that's the point, Doctor?
Bashir: Of course. What else would it be?
Garak: That you should never tell the same lie twice.

Bashir: So of the stories you told me, which ones were true?
Garak: My dear doctor, all of them were true.
Bashir: What about the lies?
Garak: Especially the lies.

Good stuff. :cool:

swayray
05-13-2009, 07:34 PM
that's one of my fav scenes too imotion s14... that brings me back to the emissary episodes...

There should be imax shows at the universal city walk dave. Otherwise if you don't mind the drive toward LAX, i know they've got some at the bridge.

My fav trek character is still the EMH at voyager. I really like how he would use bone's i'm a doctor quotes like "i'm a doctor, not a door stop"...

its nice to see other trekkies here at zilvia... any trekkers going to the convention in aug. at vegas?

kmn5
05-13-2009, 11:03 PM
It was definitely a good movie
I like the way how they assembled the "original crew/team" as the movie progressed.
But I'm a little irked that the original time line got blown away...
so everything we've come to known as star trek from past tv/movies is gonna be re-written...
kinda like watching a whole season of your favorite show only to find out in the season finale, that the whole season was one long dream sequence, lol

kmn5
05-13-2009, 11:04 PM
The best thing about DS9 was the fact they explored what was taboo in the other Star Trek series, namely interpersonal conflicts and morality being gray instead of black and white. Also Garak = best character in Trek universe.

Bashir: Assuming you're not a spy.
Garak: Assuming.
Bashir: Then maybe you're an outcast.
Garak: Or maybe I'm an outcast spy.
Bashir: How could you be both?
Garak: I never said I was either.

Odo: You'd shoot a man in the back?
Garak: It's the safest way, isn't it?

(Bashir tells the story of the boy who cried "Wolf")
Bashir: If you lie all the time, no one is going to believe you, even when you're telling the truth.
Garak: Are you sure that's the point, Doctor?
Bashir: Of course. What else would it be?
Garak: That you should never tell the same lie twice.

Bashir: So of the stories you told me, which ones were true?
Garak: My dear doctor, all of them were true.
Bashir: What about the lies?
Garak: Especially the lies.

Good stuff. :cool:

Wasn't he the tailor???
LOL

imotion s14
05-14-2009, 08:07 AM
Wasn't he the tailor???
LOL

supposedly.. :cops:

Daniel.
05-14-2009, 10:32 AM
I finally got to see it last night and the movie was simply amazing.

It definitely lives up to the hype.

If you haven't seen this yet then do yourself a favor and go.

exitspeed
05-15-2009, 06:32 AM
^Me too. Say it yesterday on the Ultrascreen (like a IMax).

I loved the movie. It totally has turned me into a Star Trek fan. I hope they make another movie asap.

It's a must buy DVD for me.

b-s14
05-15-2009, 10:11 PM
well, me and the misses decided to watch it tonight. all was fine and dandy, excluding the cold ass air blowing throughout the theater. this douche bag, decides to laugh at probably everything he saw fit that was hilarious during the first 30mins. his laugh was so bad and obnoxious , we had to leave.

but besides that, the first 30 minutes of the movie was pretty good.

Daniel.
05-16-2009, 08:03 AM
well, me and the misses decided to watch it tonight. all was fine and dandy, excluding the cold ass air blowing throughout the theater. this douche bag, decides to laugh at probably everything he saw fit that was hilarious during the first 30mins. his laugh was so bad and obnoxious , we had to leave.

but besides that, the first 30 minutes of the movie was pretty good.

wow. unbelievable. I would have told him to can it. Or at least gotten a theater manager involved.

bboyswoosh87
05-16-2009, 09:28 AM
This movie was great it totally met my expectations.

ESmorz
05-16-2009, 11:38 AM
It was like Alice and Wonderland in space.

Blew my mind whole.