PDA

View Full Version : 240sx engine shakes/sounds like motorcycle

dennydizzo
05-07-2009, 04:04 PM
i've been driving my car for about 20 mins to get something to eat then drove it bak home i noticed my car didnt want to accelerate and engine/shifter shakes pretty hard plus car sounds like a motorcycle when acclerating...once i hit about 3k rpm it drives somewhat normally how it should and but still sounds like a motorcycle..

once i got home i checked and didnt see anything out of the ordinary in the engine but found sprinkles of water shooting out of my muffler..dont think it was coolant didnt smell like it..what do u think is wrong?

cliff notes...
1993 240sx ka24de 206,000 high miles
engine/shifter shakes hard
slow acceleration/motorcycle sounding muffler
water sprinkling out of muffler..

dennydizzo
05-07-2009, 04:38 PM
i started the car and engine still shakes like hell and still idles like a motorcycle... so i pulled out spark plug wire #1,2,4 (one at a time) and car stutters so i plug them back in but wen i pull out #3 car doesnt stutter so im guessin it has to do with #3 cylinder...i replaced the spark plug and still no better so im guessing its goin to be the injector? anyone?thanks..

ho0dlumka13
05-07-2009, 04:44 PM
Yes its ur injectors test it out

angelom88
05-08-2009, 12:46 PM
yea i had the same problem with my first ka it had 213k after a couple of hours i got some fuel injectors and that was it i also gave it a tune up because it was stallin somewhat

dennydizzo
05-08-2009, 01:47 PM
i did a tune up last year but didnt replace injectors so im guessing its jus goin to be the injectors..i already replaced my spark plugs/wires last year so im guessing its not goin to be that and should be good after new injectors..thanks to all who replied..

2fizzleforshizzle
05-09-2009, 09:49 AM
Sounds like bad/leaking injectors to me.

oaznbeasto
05-09-2009, 09:57 AM
Change those motor mounts while your at it. If it shakes that bad they are shot (hockey puck it ftw)

druthafoo
05-09-2009, 10:12 AM
This happened to me before. +another for probably being your injectors.

Gah and I'm the idiot who pinched an o ring when I replaced all the injectors thus causing the problem again.

dennydizzo
05-13-2009, 01:55 AM
so i removed the injector with super difficulty but finally got a screwdriver in there and rotated my wrist til that sucker popped out!! it still looked good no bad o-ring or anything but tested it out and it was crapp...so i got a new injector replaced it and everything is dandy...plus engine mounts r still good..drives smooth and no shaking!!

Tantwoforty
05-20-2009, 03:00 AM
yea i managed to have a riped lower o-ring on my #3 injector, thought i blew my head gasket, i lost power and was shooting assloads of smoke. i found some injectors on a altama at the junkyard, stole them and slapped them in and it ran way better and im at 230k on my motor