PDA

View Full Version : S14 window falls off track repeatedly

2.0-TURBOcoupe
05-06-2009, 11:30 PM
Ok so about a month ago my driverside window fell off track...no biggie. snap off the door panel put that bad boy back on track and im off and rolling again...NOT THAT EASY.... after rolling the window up and down 3 times it fell off again. So this time I take a little more time messing with the window. I put the window back on track roll it up and down a few times watching for any problem that could be causing the window to fall off track...Nothing...put on the door panel and damn if the ting doesnt fal of again. I put it BACK on track and grease the piss out of the track and the slider. Still No Bueno. Im really at a loss with this thing and if anyone else has had a problem similar to this on an s14 please let me know HOW IN THE HELL YOU FIXED IT.

dued
05-07-2009, 02:50 PM
Hey I had problems with my window (s14) stopping when it was going up, I guess it was falling of the track? Anyway, the way that we fixed it was by placing a metal Clip /Retainer thing where the old plastic one wasn't holding up. If you locate the part on your door that's failing you should be able to figure it out at Home Depot. Sorry for no pic, I'm at work.

ruudbwoy
05-12-2009, 06:43 PM
once the window arm pops out of that little plastic slider pretty much the whole assembly is shit. if you look at the slider closely it most likely cracked. same thing happened on my driverside. i went to nissan to replace the slider and they dont sell it, only the assembly. plus if you really look at it theres no way to get a new one in without breaking it. im also at work so no pics. dued's way looks pretty good. havnt fixed mine yet.