PDA

View Full Version : SAFCII reads 60% throttle... off throttle

Verbal_S13
05-06-2009, 12:18 PM
Just picked up a 240 with a SOHC Ka-t. I was setting the DEC. AIR settings and found that with the engine off, the TPS has 2.3v and the Throttle is reading at 60%.... what the hell is going on. Isn't there a means of setting a reference point?

Whats even more odd.... aside from the idle and stalling from the open air release valve. It runs fine.

brokeAs240sx
05-06-2009, 12:24 PM
first thing is to check your TPS - should be .4-.48 (or so) at full closed w/ ign on. @ Full throttle should be 4v; FSM outlines a method to check the TPS.

then check wiring, someone could have f'ed w/ it considering you just picked it up.

Factory Service Manual (downloadable via searching or buying on eBay) is your friend.

Verbal_S13
05-06-2009, 12:30 PM
first thing is to check your TPS - should be .4-.48 (or so) at full closed w/ ign on. @ Full throttle should be 4v; FSM outlines a method to check the TPS.

then check wiring, someone could have f'ed w/ it considering you just picked it up.

Factory Service Manual (downloadable via searching or buying on eBay) is your friend.

Got the FSM in route, It reads just under 3v fully closed (on the SAFC, haven't pulled out the DMM yet)

I will be verifying the wiring installation shortly. Good to know there is a problem... I was afraid someone would tell me that was normal. :axe: