PDA

View Full Version : Red Dead Redemption

exitspeed
05-06-2009, 11:13 AM
You may remember Read Dead Rovolver. But you probably don't. It wasn't that great of a game.

Well Rockstar is back with Red Dead Redemption and from what they are saying is using the GTA engine! I'm really looking forward to this.

THIS SHOULD BE AWESOME!

Here's the trailer.
IGN Video: Red Dead Redemption Xbox 360 Trailer - Wild West Trailer (http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14320288/red-dead-redemption/videos/reddead_trl_wildwest_50509.html)

Red Dead Redemption: Welcome to the Wild West
Get a first look at Rockstar's version of a Grand Theft Auto Western in this debut trailer.
by Hilary Goldstein

May 6, 2009 - The 2004 shooter, Red Dead Revolver, wasn't a Rockstar original project. It was, in fact, dropped by Capcom a few years earlier. But Rockstar saw potential in the game, picked it up and did some magic with it. The result was a cool Spaghetti Western shooter that showed potential but didn't blow away critics. Five years later a sequel is coming, and it isn't the Red Dead you remember. Red Dead Redemption is a total reworking of Revolver, built from top to bottom by Rockstar San Diego. It's an open-world Western in the style of Grand Theft Auto.

Over the course of the next week, IGN will be bringing you exclusive details on Red Dead Redemption, including a first look preview tomorrow. But before we get into the juicy details, check out the debut trailer below. Keep in mind that none of this is pre-rendered. It's all in-game footage. Yes, the horses look and move that realistically in the actual game. Enjoy.

Watch the first trailer for Red Dead Redemption.

Check out the full schedule for Red Dead Redemption reveals:

* First Trailer - May 6
* First Look Preview - May 7
* Interactive Flash Slideshow - May 8
* A Man & His Horse - May 11
* Into the Wild West - May 12

xtreme_s14
05-06-2009, 11:43 AM
Red Dead Revolver was awesome.. It was just too short of a game. Red Dead Redemption looks GNARLY! Will it be coming out on PS3 too?

exitspeed
05-06-2009, 11:48 AM
Red Dead Revolver was awesome.. It was just too short of a game. Red Dead Redemption looks GNARLY! Will it be coming out on PS3 too?

Doesn't say so far. I imagine it will.

Om1kron
05-06-2009, 11:52 AM
it originally was a very innovative game, but the story was lame.

"oh you killed my brother" cowboy shit.

but even with the gta engine, if it ends up like saints row 2.

LOL!

that is all I gotta say.

exitspeed
05-06-2009, 12:15 PM

LOL!

that is all I gotta say.

Saints Row 2 ended up like Saints Row 2 because it wasn't made by Rockstar and didn't use the GTA engine or NaturalMotion's euphoria engine.

TravisSW
05-06-2009, 08:19 PM
Looks epic.

Now I feel like watching Seraphin Falls. haha

BustedS13
05-06-2009, 08:21 PM
never played the original. but this is probably rad.

you guys ever play Gun? that was awesome.

blasting_speed
05-06-2009, 09:51 PM
I remember saving up money for Red Dead Revolver with my brother. This one is going to be awesome. The multiplayer, that i know they have in mind, is going to be awesome i'm sure.

Dirty Habit
05-06-2009, 10:46 PM
This is gonna be so fucking awesome. Loved the first game.

Shoulda used the gta engine back then. Still it was sick.

ronmcdon
05-07-2009, 02:09 AM

LOL!

that is all I gotta say.

Story was probably intentionally corny.
much of the material & scenes played homage to original western flicks.
If you look at a lot of the older spaghetti westerns, much of the plots were cliched and not exactly complex.

I love good westerns in general, so this will be a treat. :)
seems to capture the gnarly, brutal feel of the west.
really hope there will be lots of adult themes and satisfying brutality.

exitspeed
05-09-2009, 08:06 AM

There's a new preview up on IGN and then end it says:

Red Dead Redemption is currently scheduled to be released this fall for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 consoles.

highwaystar22
05-09-2009, 08:23 AM
I'm in for three. This game looks hawt.

thestreetzking
04-30-2010, 02:51 PM
bumping this. 18 days. once this comes out I wont have a life.

Intro trailer:
YouTube - Red Dead Redemption Gameplay Introduction Trailer [HD] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEMxSUGZ6TU)

weapons and death:
YouTube - Red Dead Redemption Weapons & Death Trailer [HD] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hj_cKIMrkUY)

John Marston:
YouTube - Red Dead Redemption My Name is John Marston Trailer [HD] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sU0PwzdMiY)

Life in the west 1:
YouTube - Red Dead Redemption Life in the West Trailer [HD] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC9To8rBCGA)

Life in west 2:
YouTube - Red Dead Redemption Life in the West Part 2 Trailer [HD] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0G5v4RcbUs)

Law:
YouTube - Red Dead Redemption The Law Trailer [HD] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w-srm9t9S8&feature=channel)

Gentlemen:
YouTube - Red Dead Redemption Gentlemen and Vagabonds Trailer [HD] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDaVooAxxZw&feature=channel)

Multiplayer open world:
YouTube - Red Dead Redemption - Multiplayer Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYaC2cDxor8&feature=channel)

Multiplayer Comp:
YouTube - Red Dead Redemption - Multiplayer (Competitive) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ_z-_4fF4Y)

exitspeed
04-30-2010, 03:11 PM
Thanks for the bump.

Can't wait! We should get a Zilvia Posse set up.

thestreetzking
04-30-2010, 03:41 PM
yea im def. down. the multiplayer, holy shit im so pumped. Mexican stand off before each battle haha

exitspeed
04-30-2010, 03:44 PM
This game could potentially be the best game Rockstar has ever made.

thestreetzking
04-30-2010, 03:52 PM
This game could potentially be the best game ever made.

fixed. ;) lol

I have been waiting for so long. My expectations have been greatly surpassed. I wasnt even looking forward to multiplayer, when I saw those trailers I nearly flipped. SO happy.

Also heres a cool preview:
Red Dead Redemption Hands-On - Xbox 360 Previews at GameSpot (http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/reddeadredemption/news.html?sid=6260497&om_act=convert&om_clk=newsfeatures&tag=newsfeatures;title;1&mode=previews)

ViciousCesar!
04-30-2010, 05:18 PM
Any word on online multi player?

if it's anything like GTA4's online stuff, count me in!

exitspeed
04-30-2010, 05:38 PM
Any word on online multi player?

if it's anything like GTA4's online stuff, count me in!

Multiplayer open world:
YouTube - Red Dead Redemption - Multiplayer Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYaC2cDxor8&feature=channel)

Multiplayer Comp:
YouTube - Red Dead Redemption - Multiplayer (Competitive) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ_z-_4fF4Y)

Watch these vids.

ViciousCesar!
04-30-2010, 06:41 PM
haha, my bad. i should have read thru the thread first.

count me in. (xbox360)

ESmorz
04-30-2010, 06:53 PM
I just wanna ride the horsies

waffel
04-30-2010, 07:10 PM
Read Dead Redemption is gonna be the TEETS!!!!!!!

--------------------------------
<insert signature privileges here>

ronmcdon
04-30-2010, 07:50 PM
Great vids, thanks!

exitspeed
05-01-2010, 07:57 AM
I just wanna ride the horsies

I wanna slaughter buffalo to near extinction like my ancestors did!

yvang07
05-01-2010, 08:21 AM
Can't wait for this game, I remember having no life when Red Dead Revolver came out. I had so much fun playing the multiplayer versus on that game with my brothers.

thestreetzking
05-01-2010, 08:32 AM
yea I played the call of juarez multiplayer like it was going out of style.

theres so many scenarios I wanna play out.

Theres 15 avatar awards to unlock. Shoot the hat off someone and get a somebreo (sp?)

theicecreamdan
05-01-2010, 10:00 AM
Will purchase.

Kanto
05-01-2010, 10:52 PM
looks like MW2 will be collecting dust...count me in! :)

exitspeed
05-02-2010, 07:32 AM
Anyone who is in a posse with me must talk with a western accent online. lol. Or at least try.

thestreetzking
05-02-2010, 08:16 AM
haha shit would be funny. I can't wait. Im hoping theres a midnight release. not sure yet

thestreetzking
05-02-2010, 01:21 PM
interesting q&a on R*

Rockstar Games Presents Red Dead Redemption (http://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption/news)

"Are the posses always the same or do they change if u go off online like they’re just teams for that round?” – wyliemyster

Each time you head into Red Dead Redemption multiplayer, you will create new posses according to the players in your session. While posses are not persistent offline, if you and your friends want to always play together as a ruthless band of outlaws, we’ve made the multiplayer menu and invite system simple and easy enough to find each other online, posse up, and challenge others in Competitive matches whenever you’d like."

so it seems like its not a set clan, which I kinda like, because if some people arent on you ddont have to wait around and fit your schedule to do certain tasks

wh0aitznic0
05-02-2010, 04:03 PM
A cowboy game.

I now feel like watching Brokeback Mountain.

Fries
05-02-2010, 08:40 PM
A cowboy game. Where you drop kick motherfuckers off their horses blast em in the face then make the secks with the call girl.

Fuck showering, now you have to go set a fucking barn on fire and kill the rest of that dumb muther fucker's friends.

If grand theft auto in the wild west doesnt make you stoked to play videogames nothing will.

If this game flops, there will be alot of pissed people coming to Gamestop to tell me I'm fucker.

exitspeed
05-03-2010, 08:27 AM
haha shit would be funny. I can't wait. Im hoping theres a midnight release. not sure yet

I hope so too. Walmart here I come.

A cowboy game. Where you drop kick motherfuckers off their horses blast em in the face then make the secks with the call girl.

Fuck showering, now you have to go set a fucking barn on fire and kill the rest of that dumb muther fucker's friends.

If grand theft auto in the wild west doesnt make you stoked to play videogames nothing will.

If this game flops, there will be alot of pissed people coming to Gamestop to tell me I'm fucker.

Damn right! And this game will NOT flop. It's a Rockstar game. Even their mediocre games do well. Hell the first Red Dead did pretty well considering they took the game over halfway through production.

interesting q&a on R*

Rockstar Games Presents Red Dead Redemption (http://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption/news)

That's a good thing. My uncle is stoked for this game too.

so it seems like its not a set clan, which I kinda like, because if some people arent on you ddont have to wait around and fit your schedule to do certain tasks

phillofdfuture
05-04-2010, 12:15 AM
ya this should b good..crazy open environments

Dirty Habit
05-04-2010, 07:25 AM
Yay! Fuck spring. Ill be inside doing this.

I guess Ill have all summer to do whatever.

miucus
05-05-2010, 12:37 AM
i cant wait!! zilvia posse

BOROSUN
05-05-2010, 01:54 AM
I wonder if you can bang some saloon brothel hoes...

exitspeed
05-05-2010, 08:22 AM

I'm pretty sure I read that you can. I've read a ton of previews about the game though and can't find where I read that.

exitspeed
05-05-2010, 12:16 PM
More awesomeness.

Red Dead Redemption Getting Free Co-Op Pack
Three download content packs planned for release.
by Jim Reilly

May 5, 2010 - Rockstar Games announced its upcoming western Red Dead Redemption will now include six additional multiplayer cooperative missions. Dubbed the 'Outlaws To The End' pack, the content will be free to download on PlayStation Network and Xbox Live this June.

There will be three content packs available for the game, but Rockstar is only detailing one of them for now.

"Multiplayer in Red Dead Redemption offers players a whole new way to encounter the massive open world we've created, but we felt the experience would not be complete without co-op game play," said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. "With these missions, we wanted to create new ways for players to share in the experience of engaging with this amazing landscape."

The missions can include between 2 to 4 players and offer additional multiplayer XP rewards and brand new Achievements and Trophies to unlock.

Below are the mission details:

"Walton's Gold" - Walton's Gang have taken control of a mining camp rich with gold. Fight through the camp and load your mine cart with as much gold as you can carry and get out as fast as you can – Walton's boys have rigged the place to blow.

"The River" - Ride a raft down river, taking out rebel encampments along the way until you reach the rebel stronghold of Nosalida and a final epic battle for the town's massive weapons caches. Watch out for Gatling gun-equipped enemy rafts.

"Ammunition" - The Mexican Army has the town of Tesoro Azul under siege. Storm the gates under heavy cannon, Gatling gun and sniper fire to destroy the Mexican artillery placements

thestreetzking
05-05-2010, 01:27 PM
THANK YOU!!! Woot. SO HAPPY. and I have off all week when it comes out!!

exitspeed
05-05-2010, 01:30 PM
Hey send me a request on Live so we can posse up. Gamertag is EXITSPEED.

Fries
05-05-2010, 10:09 PM
Exitspeed let's do this fellow zombieslayer.

exitspeed
05-06-2010, 08:35 AM
Exitspeed let's do this fellow zombieslayer.

Absolutely. You send me a friend request?

thestreetzking
05-06-2010, 04:49 PM
zombieslayer? are we taking L4d. Cause im playing that game like crazy currently.

GT: TheStreetzKing

thestreetzking
05-06-2010, 05:35 PM
'Red Dead Redemption' Fact Sheet. Updated 4/16 - IGN Boards (http://boards.ign.com/red_dead_redemption/b6186/187697867/p1/?289)

big list of stuff

exitspeed
05-06-2010, 07:07 PM

'Red Dead Redemption' Fact Sheet. Updated 4/16 - IGN Boards (http://boards.ign.com/red_dead_redemption/b6186/187697867/p1/?289)

big list of stuff

Haha, just found this:

* Marston can sleep with prostitutes

Oh and holy FUCK!

* The World is, in total, roughly twice the size of San Andreas

** The World is split into three large regions, each larger than GTA IV's Liberty City

thestreetzking
05-06-2010, 07:17 PM
yea someone had comparison maps a while back, shit is huge. I swear this day can't come soon enough.

theronin
05-06-2010, 08:12 PM
yeah im so in for this on 360. my homies and i already have our posse name picked out. this game is gonna be tiiiiight

ronmcdon
05-06-2010, 10:16 PM
Q: What makes this different from Grand Theft Auto?
A: The setting, obviously, but also the gameplay. Red Dead features a morality scale that tracks your actions and behaviour and adjusts the NPC's behaviour to suit. So while in GTA you're always the bad guy, in Red
Dead you can go either way.

So this really is more of a GTA spin

Bieng more of a western sandbox,
I'm not surprised it will be more spread out (but likely less condensed).
I will miss those talk radio stations.

Q: Can we kill kids?
A: Highly highly highly doubt it.

Well that sucks, lol.

exitspeed
05-07-2010, 07:57 AM
Regulatorssssss, mount up.

It was a clear black night, a clear white moon...

exitspeed
05-07-2010, 01:06 PM
IGN Video: Red Dead Redemption Xbox 360 Trailer - Revolution Trailer (http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14320288/red-dead-redemption/videos/reddead_trl_revolution_5710_.html)

New trailer!

And a new preview.
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/108/1088356p1.html

thestreetzking
05-07-2010, 02:41 PM
dope. havent seen anything on those parts of the game so thats cool

ViciousCesar!
05-07-2010, 05:06 PM
i think i'm gonna have to put off getting this game for a couple of weeks, i got a trip to vegas coming up quickly. damn.

thestreetzking
05-07-2010, 07:10 PM
i think i'm gonna have to put off getting this game for a couple of weeks, i got a trip to vegas coming up quickly. damn.

well win, then pick it up!

exitspeed
05-07-2010, 07:28 PM
That Revolution Trailer is awesome. This game is going to be epic. One week from Tue.

theronin
05-08-2010, 12:06 AM
Regulatorssssss, mount up.

It was a clear black night, a clear white moon...

warren G was on the streets, tryin to consume...

exitspeed
05-08-2010, 06:38 AM
warren G was on the streets, tryin to consume...

Yeah that might have went over the younger folks heads a little.

WERDdabuilder
05-11-2010, 04:33 PM
"a classic mexican shootout"

im fucking down for this and slores!

thestreetzking
05-11-2010, 05:22 PM
yea I cant wait. one week. jeez. I found out the reason it was delayed was for more marketing and them wanting to make more sales. Im fucking pissed about that.

quote from ign:
"I went to the saloon and found a prostitute, hog-tied her and then
slung her over my shoulder to take for a ride. She didn't take too
kindly to this treatment, screaming out obscenities like, "There are
other ways to a girl's heart, you ass!" along the way. I responded by
leaving her on a train track."

theronin
05-11-2010, 11:04 PM
preordered for 360 today. 1 week to go!!!

satal95
05-13-2010, 10:00 PM
Pre-ordered and paid for today. Also got a copy of red dead revolver to catch up on some goodness.

theronin
05-14-2010, 12:11 AM
my xbl tag is

ronine

everyone whos gettin this on the '60 feel free to add me.

driftking777
05-14-2010, 07:32 AM
ArrRggghh!! I cant wait for this game to come out. I've been waiting for a game like this.

God i love free roam worlds.

n240sxfnatic
05-14-2010, 09:50 AM
This is the first game in a long time I have actually been excited for.

exitspeed
05-16-2010, 08:13 AM
UK Official Playstation Mag gave it 10/10. Rest of the reviews should be up tomorrow night I'm assuming. I don't see this game getting anything less then 9.5 from any source.

thestreetzking
05-16-2010, 10:15 AM
game informer gave it a 9.75 and game of the month, I would assume the only thing keeping it away from goty would maybe be god of war 3 and idk what else is coming out later

did you guys see the playing cards? I want em so bad:

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2010/05/the-satanic-jokers-and-laughing-jacks-of-red-dead-redemptions-playing-cards/

exitspeed
05-16-2010, 03:54 PM
Sweet, BB is gonna have it at midnight. I might go then instead of the morn.

ESmorz
05-16-2010, 03:58 PM
Sweet, BB is gonna have it at midnight. I might go then instead of the morn.

Just go pre-order at GameStop right now.

You get the special edition at no extra cost, and if you get 30% more for your trade-ins today.

That's what I'm about to do. Go trade-in all my bull shit COD games and preorder for like 20 bucks.

illxs14
05-16-2010, 07:41 PM
once this game comes out, more hours of my life are gonna be spent at home ..just like the GTA's
work..work out.. play video game haha

airhead
05-17-2010, 01:05 AM
so tempted to buy this game!
so when is this game coming out?

thinking of buying a HD tv and jacking my lil bros ps3

exitspeed
05-17-2010, 07:16 AM
Just go pre-order at GameStop right now.

You get the special edition at no extra cost, and if you get 30% more for your trade-ins today.

That's what I'm about to do. Go trade-in all my bull shit COD games and preorder for like 20 bucks.

I was gonna do that for Metroid: Other M in Aug.

so tempted to buy this game!
so when is this game coming out?

thinking of buying a HD tv and jacking my lil bros ps3

Comes out Tue. You can get it at Midnight at most places I guess.

LeftNutOfGowd
05-17-2010, 11:24 AM
I spent all weekend playing it with my fiance brother and I must say this is one of the most sickest games I played in forever nothing is better then skinning a wolf for his fur or hog tieing a person and throwing them on the back of your horse and ride off to the nearest train tracks and lay them down on the tracks and see the massacre unfold lol..There is so much you can do and the detail is amazing when your riding a side a fellow horse man you can see the detail in the horse legs as it rides along side you.. IGN even gave it a 9.7 heres the video review

IGN Video: Red Dead Redemption Xbox 360 Review - Video Review (http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14320288/red-dead-redemption/videos/reddead_vdr_051710.html)

And for the people who have 360 you can unlock items for your avatar

if anyone wants to add me for some multiplayer fun my GT is: LeftNutOfGowd

airhead
05-17-2010, 11:37 AM
sick!!!!!!

aznpoopy
05-17-2010, 11:59 AM
preordered today at amazon. don't know if this has been mentioned, but amazon will send you a $20 amazon card for doing so. release date delivery is $5.

so basically order today, get it in mail tomorrow, get $20 for free.

Element_on_20s
05-17-2010, 04:46 PM
I'm so excited for this! Posse up!

thestreetzking
05-17-2010, 06:51 PM
TONIGHTTTTT!!!!!!!!!1111111111!!!!1!11!!WOOT#$*$*) ($

cant wait. pacing back and fourth.

and the social club website is up and running!q

satal95
05-17-2010, 10:36 PM
Leaving right now to pick my copy up

miucus
05-17-2010, 10:53 PM
flipchino on ps3... add me lets posse up

ILoveMyRHS13
05-18-2010, 12:19 AM
Got it... Bored so far... Rockstar games take so long to get going.

LeftNutOfGowd
05-18-2010, 09:13 AM
Ebay just put it up on its daily deals brand new for 45 bucks here's the link

NEW Red Dead Redemption - eBay (item 350354321804 end time May-19-10 08:00:45 PDT) (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350354321804)

airhead
05-18-2010, 10:23 AM
im going to pick mine up today

05-18-2010, 11:18 AM
Hope you guys didn't spend more then $45...

NEW Red Dead Redemption - eBay (item 350354321804 end time May-19-10 08:00:45 PDT) (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?afepn=5335869999&campid=5335869999&PID=1225267&ViewItem=&item=350354321804)

LeftNutOfGowd
05-18-2010, 11:26 AM
hope you guys didn't spend more then $45...

new red dead redemption - ebay (item 350354321804 end time may-19-10 08:00:45 pdt) (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/ebayisapi.dll?afepn=5335869999&campid=5335869999&pid=1225267&viewitem=&item=350354321804)

re-post man lol

05-18-2010, 11:30 AM
bwahaha that's what I get for not reading the whole thread. It was right above mine too. lol

You can also get it for $60 at toys R us with $25 gift card. (didn't look to see if that was posted either). lol Toys 'R' Us - Newspaper Ads (http://toysrus.shoplocal.com/toysrus/default.aspx?action=entryflash)

Z33dori
05-18-2010, 11:47 AM

NEW Red Dead Redemption - eBay (item 350354321804 end time May-19-10 08:00:45 PDT) (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350354321804)

thanks..... i wont feel so bad if i dont like cause it was less than 50 bucks... haha

ESmorz
05-18-2010, 12:15 PM
I only spent 20, traded in a bunch of old games that were given to me.

Soup Nazi
05-18-2010, 01:27 PM
Picking it up after work. Should keep me entertained for hours

airhead
05-18-2010, 01:32 PM
shit i spend 65$ at gamestop:( i still have to go pick it up after work

idk im not much of a gamer but i have been waiting for a game like this for a while.

any feedback so far?

aznpoopy
05-18-2010, 01:36 PM
crazy awesome reviews all over the net so far.

1UP.com A [25]
Computer and Video Games 9.5/10[26]
Edge 9/10[27]
Eurogamer 8/10[28]
G4 5/5[29]
Game Informer 9.75/10[30]
GamePro 5/5[31]
GamesTM 9/10[32]
GameTrailers 9.5[33]
IGN 9.7/10[34]
Official PlayStation Magazine (UK) 10/10 [35]
Official Xbox Magazine (UK) 9/10 [36]

cannot wait to play this. get it tonight but no xbox till weekend. doh.

WERDdabuilder
05-18-2010, 03:31 PM
hopefully cop this game this weekend.

PSN: WERDdabuilder

hmm....is that a PS3 version for that price?

Element_on_20s
05-18-2010, 05:59 PM
Add me on XBL! TGP Drew. I just got home with the game, time to give it a try.

ViciousCesar!
05-18-2010, 06:30 PM
you guys get down on some live multiplayer yet?
i'm hoping it's as fun as GTA4 online.

SoCalDrifter
05-18-2010, 06:36 PM
just got mine cant wait till play it

Z33dori
05-18-2010, 07:21 PM
how is the online play?

SoCalDrifter
05-18-2010, 07:58 PM
how is the online play?

i havent played it yet but the single player is good

exitspeed
05-19-2010, 07:26 AM
Yeah haven't got to the multiplayer yet. Single player game is damn good though. I got straight jacked up by a jaguar or some shit. The first time I got to the cliff edge and overlooked the landscape my jaw dropped.

I got the deck of cards with mine at Walmart.

driftking777
05-19-2010, 07:34 AM
So whats everyones half day review? Im between half and hour to an hour in (i'll explain later)

My things to say; I really like the game so far, allows you to free roam (huge like in my book) and that allows you to partially make the story yours/go on side quests.

The Maps are HUGE, just riding between the first two cities on horse back takes about 5 mins (in the process be careful of coyotes, snakes, ect)

Controls do feel someone goofy at first, but if your used to any 1st person or GTA style game you'll pick up on it quickly.

Save on the fly, i like this, having a kid makes it difficult sometimes to just make it to the next save. If your between cities ect, just save where ever. Also much like GTA you can buy houses in each towns, which is a nice touch.

Call your horse, if you push up (as you should all know by now) you can call your horse. The more you use your horse the more faithful it becomes to you and gains attributes. I like this as i would prefer to full gun it from city to city lol.

Hunting/Skinning. IMO a fun side quest in itself gains you money and this early in the game it allows me to hone my aiming shooting (specially shooting birds). FYI the farther you are from the town the more pelts are worth. (read that somewhere)

Missions. I havent really gotten too far into the story line, but the missions seem pretty decent. Very GTA esque'. Im ok with that though. Dead Eye is kinda cool but takes forever to reload (also ok) Hopefully the game gets more dimensional as i play (as far as missions go) which i suspect it will. (TONS OF SIDE QUESTS)

My only gripe. Like i said, not 100% sure how far into the game i am as i had to reset it 3 times. In the very first couple missions you are told to follow some girl on patrol, you come to some rabbits, you kill the rabits, and continue. However at that point my PS3 would just reset. After restarting the mission the 3rd time it let me finally get past that. I did plug in the internet on the 3rd try (guessing maybe there was a patch or something) however there was not, and i continued on no problems. Thats all i got for gripes.

Oh yea. Tall cliffs + you = death.

ILoveMyRHS13
05-19-2010, 11:02 AM
The online is FUCKING TERRIBLE right now. It's incredibly laggy if you can even get in a room with your friends. I tried to join a friend last night. First time had no issues, but 10 minutes of being in free roam it randomly kicked me out. Tried again, wouldn't connect. Waited 10 minutes, tried again, it let me in. Everyone in the party was invisible. Left, couldn't connect again. I gave up.

Hopefully they fix it...

LeftNutOfGowd
05-19-2010, 11:18 AM
Dude just wait tell you get into mexico the story line and stuff gets very interesting lol....its about 11 hours of game play

fcdrifter20
05-19-2010, 11:28 AM
Dude just wait tell you get into mexico the story line and stuff gets very interesting lol....its about 11 hours of game play

damn you dedicated....game barely came out yesterday and you are already 11hrs into it...

im try and pick this up this weekend. seems to have pretty good reviews so far

ESmorz
05-19-2010, 01:08 PM
The game itself is beautiful, and the soundtrack is awesome.

Nothing cooler than having a gang of bandits ride onto the ranch, posting up, and taking them all out in under 20 seconds with the repeater = profit.

Nezahualcoyotl
05-19-2010, 01:27 PM
good to hear the good reviews...
been looking forward to this game for a while...

s13poop
05-19-2010, 03:47 PM
fuck i really wanna buy it now :bite:

Om1kron
05-19-2010, 05:32 PM
haven't tried the online, still getting used to having that little dickhole dot as my aim sight. I did some missions with the sheriff already, then fell asleep walking around. lol

alindeman1989
05-20-2010, 01:46 AM
everyone needs to try this. walk up to someone lasso them press triangle to hog tie put them on your horse do this to like 4 or 5 poeple lay them on the tracks and wait. train comes and spplaaattss them to peices like blood and guts everywhere so far thats my fav part

ILoveMyRHS13
05-20-2010, 02:00 AM
everyone needs to try this. walk up to someone lasso them press triangle to hog tie put them on your horse do this to like 4 or 5 poeple lay them on the tracks and wait. train comes and spplaaattss them to peices like blood and guts everywhere so far thats my fav part
Bwahahaha, I never even thought about that.:ddog:

miucus
05-20-2010, 11:34 AM
i havent seen one person in free roam multiplayer yet, is there no one playing online?

VROOOM
05-20-2010, 12:06 PM
picked this up yesterday. seems fun. i like how big the world is.

ILoveMyRHS13
05-20-2010, 12:30 PM
i havent seen one person in free roam multiplayer yet, is there no one playing online?
I don't think it's a sandbox game... :naw:

Z33dori
05-20-2010, 12:45 PM
just came in today, working on the car, then once it gets later ..... no sleep tonight

Kanto
05-20-2010, 01:09 PM
Mine just came in the mail from that ebay deal. Perfect timing too as my finals for this week are done, after I come back its onnnnnnnnnnn. Hopefully I can put it down for next week's finals :/

Quail
05-20-2010, 02:36 PM
Heading to the store at 12am to pick this up. Excited.

theicecreamdan
05-20-2010, 11:12 PM
This game is good.

sleep
05-21-2010, 04:07 PM

duh because you have to invite friends into the room.........

Kanto
05-21-2010, 11:34 PM
Well the game is superb, however I have run into some glitches, in the single player. I hogtied a bounty and was taking him back to town when his bandits came to take me out. My horse got shot so I fell down, and then the game went all slowmo-laggy and after i got back on the horse it was fine. Now after going to Mexico the glitch seems to have worsened. I got on one of those town to town stagecoaches which was bobbing up and down before it even moved, that was weird. Now I am trying to do that mission with the Mexican girl you saved and you have to take her sister somewhere, and frankly I can't do the mission. You have to drive a stagecoach and well its bobbing up and down again. It either doesn't move or doesn't turn. So you're either stuck or drive off a cliff. Has anyone encountered this?

exitspeed
05-22-2010, 09:00 AM
Well the game is superb, however I have run into some glitches, in the single player. I hogtied a bounty and was taking him back to town when his bandits came to take me out. My horse got shot so I fell down, and then the game went all slowmo-laggy and after i got back on the horse it was fine. Now after going to Mexico the glitch seems to have worsened. I got on one of those town to town stagecoaches which was bobbing up and down before it even moved, that was weird. Now I am trying to do that mission with the Mexican girl you saved and you have to take her sister somewhere, and frankly I can't do the mission. You have to drive a stagecoach and well its bobbing up and down again. It either doesn't move or doesn't turn. So you're either stuck or drive off a cliff. Has anyone encountered this?

Yeah the little glitches is what kept this game from getting perfect scores. Doesn't bother me all that much.

Oh and I finally got some multiplayer time in. AWESOME. I posse uped with my uncle, cousin, and brother in law and we were raiding the gang hideouts and doing the shooting challenges. Super cool.

VROOOM
05-22-2010, 10:23 AM
i played for over 5 hours yesterday. im officially hooked. good thing i had the day off.

Kanto
05-23-2010, 02:30 AM
Man that free roam multiplayer is really fun. I joined with a random posse and we did the hideout missions and taking out random people, horse racing etc. I like the sandbox style and seem rockstar has been fixing the multiplayer.

sleep
05-23-2010, 05:13 AM
This game hooked me. I enjoy hunting, and earning hundreds in poker.

dtfdanyo
05-23-2010, 10:37 AM
why the hell does water = death...stupid

Z33dori
05-23-2010, 11:46 AM
catching the wild horses is one of my fav parts.. idk why and catching bounties

i love this game......

LeftNutOfGowd
05-23-2010, 09:39 PM
I can say after 14 hour I have completed the game all and all its get a 9.75 from me and the ending was so sick it guaranty that there will be a part 2..It should take about 20+ hours to pass but i just rushed through it and didn't do much side mission

Fries
05-23-2010, 10:19 PM
HOLY CRAP.
Rockstar totally outdid themselves with the story.
My god. It was dark when I was heading to Mexico on the raft.

When racing to the first town with that song playing and the sun coming up you TOTALLY feel John's emotions.

This is probably my favorite experience in a game EVER.

Om1kron
05-23-2010, 11:12 PM
HOLY CRAP.
Rockstar totally outdid themselves with the story.
My god. It was dark when I was heading to Mexico on the raft.

Yeah my only gripe is that the sun goes down guaranteed when I need it to be fucking up.

Fries
05-23-2010, 11:20 PM
Yeah my only gripe is that the sun goes down guaranteed when I need it to be fucking up.

Truth to this.
Have you gone online and enjoyed some of the posse+npc madness?

Om1kron
05-23-2010, 11:57 PM
nah, don't want to spoil anything with the online play.

ronmcdon
05-24-2010, 03:47 AM
how does it compare to GTA ?

it's doing consistently well with the reviews.
got a 95% (out of 100%), based out of 45 or so write-ups.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/reddeadredemption

Om1kron
05-24-2010, 03:57 AM
I would say it's different than gta, although a lot of the elements are somewhat the same. I mean they're built on the same engine, but they're different genre's and the shooting is tweaked.

I was a bad house guest today and started playing while I had company over, they were like oh, meh.

then I got into a gunfight, played some poker, which caused a stand off.

Dude had a boner and was like "I WANT THIS GAME IN MY LIFE"

so if he got that pumped just watching me dick around and play. I guess getting it for yourself is the right thing to do.

ESmorz
05-24-2010, 04:05 AM
Just got into Blackwater, and I am traveling throughout doing some side missions because I don't want the story to end.

Also, anyone find themselves buying all the new fancy weaponry, but not using it all that much because it seems like it goes against "who" the character is?

Kanto
05-24-2010, 04:54 AM
I got to Blackwater too, I am kinda saddened that the Mexico part ended, it felt more dramatic than the current Blackwater setting. However, I must say Rockstar sure did their homework on this one, from some of these civilized character's way of thinking and the movies shown, really does reflect on turn of the century ideas by the white man. I gave John the elegant suit to put on because he stood out too much in the Blackwater missions haha.

Oh yea and the bears in the snowy mountains scared the shit out of me, takes like 4 shots with the Winchester to put it down!

Om1kron
05-24-2010, 05:16 AM
Oh yea and the bears in the snowy mountains scared the shit out of me, takes like 4 shots with the Winchester to put it down!

yeah one of the hunting challenges is to put 5 of those fuckers down with just your knife.

Z33dori
05-24-2010, 05:18 AM

Red Dead Redemption (xbox360) reviews at Metacritic.com (http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/reddeadredemption)

to me its more like Fable than GTA.... or a very well mixed combo of the 2.

ToddgoesJapan
05-24-2010, 08:11 AM
Don't get me wrong, I like the game, but I think they could have done a lot better with it. I'd recommend it, mostly for the vast explore area and the multiplayer. The story is pretty decent too... then again, I'm only 40 something% done

Red Dead Redemption (xbox360) reviews at Metacritic.com (http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/reddeadredemption)

stockbee
05-24-2010, 10:23 AM
Just bought this yesterday. Talk about a cool game. I was skeptical at first, just like I was with red dead revolver it's predecessor, but this game is beautiful, the controls are much better than GTA imo, and I think it'll make Rockstar a lot of money.

theicecreamdan
05-24-2010, 10:40 AM
I'm still not very far into the game, but the characters are awesome. Sometimes the dialogue seems like they are trying too hard to sound "old western" and sorta cheesy. But that grew on me.

Characters are awesome.

KwKouki
05-24-2010, 08:19 PM
game is owning me right now....like its wrecking my social life. all I want to do is play RDR

theronin
05-24-2010, 11:27 PM
my gf absolutely hates this game.

me however? i love riding the plains. i usually never quick travel. takes all the fun out of the game imo.

theronin
05-25-2010, 01:10 AM
xbl name is ronine

got myself and 3 homies possied up doing gang hideouts and drinking. add me and join up.

thestreetzking
05-25-2010, 05:25 AM
I got a couple more missions in the story and level 22 in multiplayer. So far this is the best game I have played in a longggg time.

thestreetzking
05-27-2010, 03:28 PM
Saturday at midnight, 30 minute short film, from the trailer it looks like all the cutscenes put together, DVR THAT SHIT

Kanto
05-28-2010, 03:51 AM
Played some more multiplayer and posse'd up with a friend. Some douchebag kept killing us, not even moving and just killing he was level 50 too, how the hell do you get to level 50 already? And that douche had the nerve to message me... Aside from taking out the gang hideouts and shootouts with lawmen what else is there to do in free roam?

exitspeed
05-28-2010, 05:31 AM
IGN has a vid up that shows the locations of all the treasure.

aznpoopy
05-28-2010, 08:16 AM
hax. kind of an awesome feeling to ride around with that treasure landmark in the back of your head and then notice it by chance cresting over the horizon.

anyone else having weird bugs?

for example, i did not have any song sequence upon arrival to mexico. rode to first town in normal silence. got fucking jipped, and didn't realize it till i read this thread

another thing that fucked up for me... last mission in mexico. when i went into the gold X it went straight into duel mode. i had no setup cutscene, which i thought was really odd. so at the end when reyes and marston are talking about luisa, it was a big WTF moment for me.

very annoying. game is still awesome but i feel like this shit is compromising my experience somewhat

MandTPhotography
05-28-2010, 08:57 AM
I totally looked past this game until I read this thread.

Looks like something I may have to pick up!

dtfdanyo
05-28-2010, 09:29 AM
Just got into Blackwater, and I am traveling throughout doing some side missions because I don't want the story to end.

Also, anyone find themselves buying all the new fancy weaponry, but not using it all that much because it seems like it goes against "who" the character is?

fuckin true dat.

lol I just got the 9mm pistol but in a Blackwater mission but I still use the revolver.

I had a weird glitch last night, some chick was kidnapped in Thieves Landing and when I caught up to the dude that took her (caught up to them on a bridge), she was on his shoulders like a piggy back ride lolol and when i shot him she dropped on the ground and glitched under this bridge we were on, so I just left her.

exitspeed
05-28-2010, 09:46 AM
hax. kind of an awesome feeling to ride around with that treasure landmark in the back of your head and then notice it by chance cresting over the horizon.

anyone else having weird bugs?

for example, i did not have any song sequence upon arrival to mexico. rode to first town in normal silence. got fucking jipped, and didn't realize it till i read this thread

another thing that fucked up for me... last mission in mexico. when i went into the gold X it went straight into duel mode. i had no setup cutscene, which i thought was really odd. so at the end when reyes and marston are talking about luisa, it was a big WTF moment for me.

very annoying. game is still awesome but i feel like this shit is compromising my experience somewhat

Yeah again that is what has kept the game from getting perfect scores.

One thing I will say is you KNOW there's gonna be a sequel and you KNOW they are going to fix a lot of stuff (like not being able to swim) which makes me really excited for that in the future.

MandTPhotography
05-28-2010, 09:51 AM
^ I know this is random and OT, but I can't stop reading your site. I love wings..

exitspeed
05-28-2010, 09:56 AM
^ I know this is random and OT, but I can't stop reading your site. I love wings..

Haha, cool. Keep reading. :D

sleep
05-28-2010, 06:19 PM
Played some more multiplayer and posse'd up with a friend. Some douchebag kept killing us, not even moving and just killing he was level 50 too, how the hell do you get to level 50 already? And that douche had the nerve to message me... Aside from taking out the gang hideouts and shootouts with lawmen what else is there to do in free roam?

Leveling up is easy. Find a gang hideout that gives you a nice amount of XP in a private room with friends, and just keep hitting replay every time you guys beat it

Om1kron
05-28-2010, 06:48 PM
played a little online last night, these guys tried to invite me to their posse but i didn't know how to accept so they were like "lets fuck this guy up" so they kept killing me =(

I couldn't help but laugh really.

I beat the game, I know there is one more sequence left that brings the credits so I might as well knock it out. But I am sad now that it's over you still can handle business and shit and complete the game, unlock all of the outfits.

I just can't get over the audio change that happens. so annoying.

exitspeed
05-28-2010, 06:57 PM
played a little online last night, these guys tried to invite me to their posse but i didn't know how to accept so they were like "lets fuck this guy up" so they kept killing me =(

Yeah that happened to me today.

ToddgoesJapan
05-28-2010, 08:14 PM
Well, in case you haven't figured it out by now, to accept you hit back, right bumper over to players, then scroll down and you'll see an envelope, select that name and it should say something along the lines of accepting it... I believe that's it... I've been on Forza for the most part lately lol

97street_pearl
05-31-2010, 03:19 PM
I need to pick this game up, played it with my nephew yesterday, got me hooked!

lawrenceyang
05-31-2010, 03:27 PM
i kinda want to buy a ps3 to play this t_____t unless it comes out on pc

singlecamslam
05-31-2010, 11:49 PM
I heard its a little better and less glitchy on the 360?

aznpoopy
06-01-2010, 07:31 AM
the 360 is marginally better graphically. 360 runs higher resolution, there's more grass, the trees don't have that alpha jitter and its slightly less blurry. i have heard the level of detail pop in is better on 360 as well. if you have both systems, 360 is the way to go.

anyway, i just finished this game yesterday (down to the credits). damn. damn. awesome game.

exitspeed
06-01-2010, 08:27 AM
One thing I'd like to see in the a sequel is actually having to hunt to survive. Right now it's just to sell the pelts, claws, and meat. You should have to eat that meat. There should be some kind of gauge on your health that depletes. Maybe you're a little slower if you haven't ate anything in a while.

There should also be more to buy with your money.

Just some little things I'd like to see.

aznpoopy
06-01-2010, 09:03 AM
maybe something metal gear solid 3 style would work well.

theronin
06-01-2010, 02:03 PM
One thing I'd like to see in the a sequel is actually having to hunt to survive. Right now it's just to sell the pelts, claws, and meat. You should have to eat that meat. There should be some kind of gauge on your health that depletes. Maybe you're a little slower if you haven't ate anything in a while.

There should also be more to buy with your money.

Just some little things I'd like to see.

totally agree. i think you should be able to feed your horse and based on the level of good/bad food you feed him he performs to reflect it.
i don't know why there are consumables in the game. i never used any of those even once.

dual wielding pistols should have been a no brainer.

i want the option to lynch someone after i have hogtied them.

theicecreamdan
06-01-2010, 04:37 PM
ending was good, the last missions leading up to the ending were wtf.

Om1kron
06-01-2010, 11:58 PM
98.5 percent complete with the game, just a few more bounties and us army uniform to nab.

shishcabobers
06-02-2010, 12:58 AM
I wish there was alternative endings depending on if you were good or not. But then again it was satisfying avenging my "fathers" death. I'm only 65% done with the game and I have yet to play it online.

aznpoopy
06-02-2010, 08:13 AM
i would personally like to see an improved horse in the sequel.

the horse should be able to stay on path without you giving it any input at all. similarly the horse should never run into random objects on its own the way it does in RDR.

putting in some horse AI would really improve the horseback combat sequences.

there's also alot of potential there to develop the horse as more of a character.

i guess i've been spoiled by agro / shadow of the colossus.

exitspeed
06-02-2010, 08:48 AM
The game definitely has some way to go. Which again makes me really excited for a sequel because Rockstar almost always fixes things.

LeftNutOfGowd
06-03-2010, 07:04 AM
If you missed the short film last weekend I uploaded it a file sharing site you can download it at the link below

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BAND38AL)

Also a quick update

Red Dead Redemption DLC Details - The Outlaws to the End Co-Op Mission Pack Taken directly from Rockstar themselves

In addition to the deep single player campaign and robust online multiplayer components of Red Dead Redemption (http://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption), we are also very happy to finally reveal the game’s co-op mode, which will be released FREE in June simultaneously for both consoles via Xbox LIVE® (http://www.xbox.com/live) and PlayStation®Network (http://us.playstation.com/psn/index.htm), respectively.

The Outlaws to the End Co-Op Mission Pack will feature six all-new cooperative multiplayer missions to play with 2-4 players. This will be a completely free download that we will have ready for you to download and play at some time in June.

These six explosive and epic missions will play out across the game world, including:

“Walton’s Gold”
Walton’s Gang have taken control of a mining camp rich with gold. Fight through the camp and load your mine cart with as much gold as you can carry and get out as fast as you can – Walton’s boys have rigged the place to blow!

“The River”
Ride a raft down river, taking out rebel encampments along the way until you reach the rebel stronghold of Nosalida and a final epic battle for the town’s massive weapons caches. Watch out for Gatling gun-equipped enemy rafts.

“Ammunition”
The Mexican Army has the town of Tesoro Azul under siege. Storm the gates under heavy cannon, Gatling gun and sniper fire to destroy the Mexican artillery placements.

Plus three more missions to be revealed in detail soon.

The Outlaws to the End Co-Op Mission Pack will also yield additional multiplayer XP rewards, and brand new Achievements/Trophies to unlock.

Stay tuned for much more information – as well as release information and pricing on two further downloadable content updates, which we plan to release over the summer. Both of them will also be available simultaneously for both consoles.

Meanwhile check out these exclusive new screens from the Outlaws to the End Co-Op Mission Pack below:
http://www.rockstargames.com/rockstar/local_data/US/img/news/rdrdlc_coopcrew.jpg
Get the crew together – these co-op missions take teamwork and firepower.
http://www.rockstargames.com/rockstar/local_data/US/img/news/rdr_coop_tesoro.jpg
The team tracks down weapons caches in Tesoro Azul.
http://www.rockstargames.com/rockstar/local_data/US/img/news/rdr_coop_select.jpg

Proof

Rockstar Games | Rockstar News Wire | First Red Dead Redemption DLC Details - The Outlaws to the End Co-Op Mission Pack Coming in June as FREE Download (http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/5211/first_red_dead_redemption_dlc_details_-_the_outlaws_to_the_end_co-op_mission_pack_coming_in_june_as_free_download.ar ticle)

exitspeed
06-03-2010, 07:37 AM
They said there will be 6 DLC packs total, this being the first. Glad it's free.

exitspeed
06-03-2010, 11:52 AM
Fixes are coming.

Rockstar Fixing Red Dead Redemption - Xbox 360 News at IGN (http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/109/1094519p1.html)

Developer Rockstar Games is aware of the issues players are experiencing with Red Dead Redemption and will look to patch up the game when a new title update is released sometime next week.

"We are aware that there are still some of you out there experiencing issues with Red Dead Redemption, including multiplayer connectivity and getting the Mo Van Barr bounty," Rockstar said. "We are currently testing a Red Dead Redemption title update for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 that aims to fix these and other items"

As a reward for putting up with the game's bugs, Rockstar said it will release the Expert Hunter and Savvy Merchant outfits, and related challenges later this summer for free.

A co-op mission pack is slated for release for free later this month as well.

aznpoopy
06-03-2010, 04:00 PM
bet they were going to be free anyway

/cynical

cc4usmc
06-05-2010, 08:58 PM
Just picked up the game.. kinda boring. Maybe I need to give multiplayer a shot.

Om1kron
06-05-2010, 10:00 PM
98.9 percent done. 2 more bounties in west elizabeth.

MandTPhotography
06-05-2010, 11:16 PM
Shit is fun.

ILoveMyRHS13
06-05-2010, 11:38 PM
Just picked up the game.. kinda boring. Maybe I need to give multiplayer a shot.
It takes a while for the story to get going. Once it does, it's really fun.

dtfdanyo
06-05-2010, 11:39 PM
the 100% completion tracker on the rockstar social club site is neato

thestreetzking
06-06-2010, 07:21 AM
98.9 percent done. 2 more bounties in west elizabeth.

your gonna have more than that. the bountys only count for .1%

unless you were saying you just finished 2 more bounites.

cc4usmc
06-06-2010, 04:04 PM
Multiplayer is some what better, but, I'm a little lonely. LoneGunOne, add me gents. Just let me know you're from Zilvia.

Kanto
06-07-2010, 12:00 AM
Goddamnit RDR with its mass bugs and shit has managed to corrupt my file, now I can't even play the damn game, thanks rockstar for creating such a defective product.....

Nezahualcoyotl
06-14-2010, 04:09 PM
why dont you guys put your PSN name, gamertag, or whatever in the first page?

Multiplayer is some what better, but, I'm a little lonely. LoneGunOne, add me gents. Just let me know you're from Zilvia.

exitspeed
06-18-2010, 09:36 AM
Can someone please explain to me how the duels work? I can't read the text on my tv (it's an older sony trinitron 27") so when they explained it I missed it. What the hell do I press?

Thanks.

LeftNutOfGowd
06-18-2010, 09:46 AM
I think you just aim for the head all I do is target the feet and make my way up I get about 4-5 red eye shots off

Nezahualcoyotl
06-18-2010, 09:33 PM
when "DRAW" comes up you draw with L2, then you aim with right joy stick and you paint your targets with R2 until you either fill the bar or unload your gun. Disarming is a lot harder to do.

dtfdanyo
06-18-2010, 11:55 PM
Can someone please explain to me how the duels work? I can't read the text on my tv (it's an older sony trinitron 27") so when they explained it I missed it. What the hell do I press?

Thanks.

wait til you zoom in really close and draw your gun for the most accurate shots and press right trigger when the hit marker is really small and white. it should only take one shot in the hand to win the duel by disarm.

aznpoopy
06-19-2010, 10:15 AM
adding to what everyone else said

duel is won depending on who has a bigger charge up bar in the bottom right hand corner.

you get more charge up if you:
-paint target when the reticule blooms small
-paint a particular vulnerable area (headshots count more than body shots, for example)

a perfect reticule paint on the gun instantly puts you up to max charge. on his gun hand is like 75%. both of these end up as disarms. i think two perfect reticule paint on the head is also max.

not all enemies can be disarmed. some storyline duels wont give you any credit for disarms (meaning a perfect paint on the gun hand or gun will give no charge up). i.e. rockstar's way of telling you this guy has to die because they haven't coded for the possibility of him being disarmed.

there's also the draw. the longer you wait to draw, the more the camera will zoom in, making it easier to paint targets. you can actually draw way before the word "draw" pops up. you can even wait for a bit after "draw" pops up. depends on the opponent. not a big deal though, its fairly easy to paint perfectly even when you are zoomed out really far. if you wait too long (depending on the enemy), however, you will get gunned down with your shit still in its holster (naturally). how long is too long depends on who you are fighting.

exitspeed
06-19-2010, 11:25 AM
Thanks guys. That helps.

SILF0RTY
06-26-2010, 08:12 PM
I got tired of this game pretty quickly. Needs to have some decent DLC to keep fans. What did you all think of the co-op missions? Worth buying the game back?

thestreetzking
06-28-2010, 05:36 AM
i honestly havent even played them yet, I have em downloaded to. I been super busy with work when I come home I dont even wanna play video games. it sucks. But I should play em tonight with a buddy so if I do I will let ya know. I heard there good and the achievements are super easy

lawrenceyang
09-22-2010, 03:30 PM
anyone still playing this game on the ps3 ?

Om1kron
09-22-2010, 03:54 PM
After I got 100 percent in the game that was it for me. I'm mad I fully completed it on a backup gaming profile. I actually would like to play it again, such a fun game. That and grand theft auto 4 as well.

lawrenceyang
09-22-2010, 04:06 PM
play the multiplayer at all ?

fckillerbee
09-22-2010, 05:03 PM
it got boring for me just like all the other rockstar games....too repetitive...kill people...save people.....don't kill people...save people...ride your horse...i had the most fun trying to cheat at poker or getting drunk at the bar and trying not to fall down....

on a side note...anyone down to see how high of a bounty you can get on your head...i was fucking around and ended up dying at $2,009.

Nezahualcoyotl
10-31-2010, 08:53 PM
anybody download zombie DLC for PS3?

simmode1
11-01-2010, 12:57 AM
I was never really interested in this game until I saw the commercial for the Zombie DLC during The Walking Dead... Now I wants!

lawrenceyang
11-01-2010, 01:00 AM
got it the day it came out :D
havent put too much time in it but so far so good

Om1kron
11-01-2010, 01:36 AM

Sometimes I regret getting rid of the game =(

midnightouge
11-01-2010, 02:42 AM
The zombie mode makes the game really fun, especially online.

exitspeed
11-01-2010, 06:57 AM
I downloaded it Saturday and played it for a couple hours. It's good so far. I love how campy and not too serious it is.

Nezahualcoyotl
11-02-2010, 02:22 PM
lol yeah multiplayer is addictive. I loved the original but the DLC was a good add on, and it sorta ties into the original story.

theronin
11-03-2010, 04:05 PM
i'm glad i didnt sell this game when my roomie was urging me too. i peed a little when i saw the commercial for the zombie dlc.

reed1285
04-05-2011, 08:28 PM
first off yeah im aware the thread hasnt been bumped since last november, but ive been playing the game for a few weeks now and had a couple questions. so it was either bump this old thread or make a new one.

anyways...does anybody know around how many gangs there are in the game. im trying to get one of the outfits (cant remember which one) that requires you to wipe out all the gangs/hideouts in a 24 hour period....or something like that. ive already done like five or six, just wondering how many more i have.

also....is it just me or is playing multiplayer on the game by yourself the worst ever. i cant even respawn without having some dickhead who is alot higher in rank then me just come and kill me within a minute of respawning....if thats all it is, whats the point of playing multiplayer? am i missing something here? whats a quick way to rank up in multiplayer also?

Om1kron
04-05-2011, 09:39 PM
you're too far behind on the mp wagon to even matter online, you gotta just work your way up man. It was too confusing for me so I didn't really bother with it.

Last but not least there should be 7 gangs, go on the internet and search around. you gotta clear out every stand off hideout in 24 hours and it's not that hard to do either.