PDA

View Full Version : My motor mounts are wayyyy too stiff!!

redsx13
05-06-2009, 02:36 AM
So i just dropped $$$ on the Avid Racing CNC motor/ trans mounts and man are those things stiff, i mean way too stiff. In my opinion they too aggressive for track use let alone street use. It feels like my car is going to fall apart. Primary use of the car is around 70% track 30% street.

I'M considering doing the whole job again and installing nismos, am i crazy?
anyone looking for solid mounts/trade for nismos?

HYPNOTIK
05-06-2009, 03:42 AM
I have the same problem, I'm thinking about switching to the Mckinney Motorsports poly mounts. I had to take my rearview mirror off because it vibrated so bad.

Z33dori
05-06-2009, 08:47 AM
my buddy runs the hockey puck mounts... pretty much teh same as making your own.

they are stiff, but not overkill like the CNC solid ones

fishhouse
05-06-2009, 09:53 AM
i have the Avid racing mounts with the race bushings in them, i dont really think its that bad... then again everything about my car is obnoxious so i may just be used to it.

Zerolift Autolab
05-06-2009, 10:10 AM
Avid does have varying degrees of urethane - 3 levels.
You may try calling them to ask if you can get a lower level urethane insert.

redsx13
05-06-2009, 06:53 PM
Avid does have varying degrees of urethane - 3 levels.
You may try calling them to ask if you can get a lower level urethane insert.

o sweet, i didn't know that, might be worth a shot. I want agressive mounts, but i seriously would run stock over my current mounts. they broke one of my autometer gauges lol.

Pacman
05-06-2009, 09:49 PM
o sweet, i didn't know that, might be worth a shot. I want agressive mounts, but i seriously would run stock over my current mounts. they broke one of my autometer gauges lol.
If you swap to the lowest insert, let me know how they feel. I'm in the market for new mounts, NISMOs sound like the ticket since my car is mostly street driven, but I keep hearing they go to stock within a few months.