PDA

View Full Version : Another GT3 Video

whateverjames
03-27-2003, 10:50 PM
My newest video :) Mitsubishi FTO LM Race Car. 20 MB. right click, save as...
Kidynomite, when you finish your video, PM me. :cool:

http://gt3.systemsilence.com/fto.wmv

Here's another video. Its stupid as hell though. 9 MB.

http://gt3.systemsilence.com/dm.wmv

http://gt3.systemsilence.com/fto.jpg

NZO
03-28-2003, 12:12 AM
Tunak Tun pwns.

rancid240
03-28-2003, 01:14 AM
how...in...the...hell

that is some wicked driving...how do you set up your car? I'm guessing super slicks and some other tricks heh, Ive played it for quite a while and I cant whip it out like you did in that long corner....props on the vid

Bbandit
03-28-2003, 02:02 AM
damn james! you've been practicing!!
thats some clean drifting.. and long too
argh i gotta stop playing automodellista and improve my gt3 drifting skillzzzzzz :D

-E-
03-28-2003, 07:57 AM
the best one yet James

s13driver
03-28-2003, 09:00 AM
NICE.... i wonder how many hrs do you spend practicing that thing !?

KiDyNomiTe
03-28-2003, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Bbandit
damn james! you've been practicing!!
thats some clean drifting.. and long too
argh i gotta stop playing automodellista and improve my gt3 drifting skillzzzzzz :D

I played AM (enough with spelling it out) all nite, and tried playing GT3 to continue working on my next vid, and it was wierd, AM is so different in drifting, i still don't know how to brake drift in that game, I always spin out.

But the courses rule in that game, wish I had all those downhills in GT3, then I would have my perfect Initial D vids :D

Nice vid James, seems your getting a whole lot better at drifting

Jsquared
03-28-2003, 03:29 PM
THAT

WAS

AWESOME

Bbandit
03-28-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by s13driver
NICE.... i wonder how many hrs do you spend practicing that thing !?

i dont know about james
but i played GT since it first came out for ps1
now i can drift constantly
i can actually control the line where i want to go while i drift
but in AM, i suck big time
its going to take a while to learn some tricks in that game since its more of an arcade style racing

whateverjames
03-28-2003, 10:47 PM
Thank you :) It was fun to make and I'm glad you all liked it.

rancid240: Thanks. I used the turbo upgrade to get 937hp, the downforce all the way up, differential inital torque and accell all the way down, decel all the way up, simulation tires, spring rate all the way up, suspension all the down, camber at 6 and 5. The transmission is what I think makes the car drift the way you want it. I couldn't do the long drifts until I set up the transmission a certain way. I'd post all of the exact settings but my PS2 just decided to quit working :o

s13driver: Too much time :D but like Bbandit, I've been playing since GT1. I started doing the drifiting in January. I don't play it all the time, but I play for a couple hours at a time and listen to music when I can.

NZO: Good ole Daler Mehndi. hehe.

Bbandit and Kidynomite: Thank you! I've been practicing with this car. The FTO race car is fun and it grips very well when set up to grip. I never liked using simulation tires to slide around, but I gave in to it this time. Are you guys going to make a video of that other game? Sounds fun, with online play and all.

EONE914 and Jsquared: Thanks. :)

KiDyNomiTe
03-29-2003, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by whateverjames

Bbandit and Kidynomite: Thank you! I've been practicing with this car. The FTO race car is fun and it grips very well when set up to grip. I never liked using simulation tires to slide around, but I gave in to it this time. Are you guys going to make a video of that other game? Sounds fun, with online play and all.

With AM it is very different for drifting, I am getting better at it, but it moves arcadish so it doesn't look as realistic as GT3, but I actually did pretty good in my S13 Koop with 409 HP, but I still am hitting guard rails, if I don't hit em I spin out sometimes, I am sure soon enough we will get some good drifting.

Especially since we are having Zilvia meets, so hopefully soon enough we can get some team drifting going on.

This game also has a replay editor, I took a glimpse at it and it is pretty advanced, but haven't used it yet, so hopefully we get some good replays and I'll get em up eventually.

Bbandit
03-29-2003, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by whateverjames

yup... we're gonna edit a video
i saved some replay files already
we were doing some mountain drift..
3 cars + very close to each other + drift = beautiful!
:p

96SEChick
03-29-2003, 07:37 AM
Excellent vids James!! Looks like so much fun! ........must.........go.............buy........... .PS2..............NOW :p

DuffMan
03-29-2003, 07:43 AM
Easiest game to drift in: rallisport challange for xbox. Of course your not on a road most of the time. It's hard not to drift in that game.

240Driver39
03-29-2003, 09:12 AM
sweet video, took forever for my snailnet to dl, but very nice, gotta go look up those other ones u made

KiDyNomiTe
03-29-2003, 04:26 PM
Got my vid up now thanks to James, its Volume 4
http://gt3.systemsilence.com/gt3vol4.wmv (gt3.systemsilence.com/gt3vol4.wmv)

Tell me what you think.
22MB

Bbandit
03-29-2003, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by KiDyNomiTe
Got my vid up now thanks to James, its Volume 4
http://gt3.systemsilence.com/gt3vol4.wmv (gt3.systemsilence.com/gt3vol4.wmv)

Tell me what you think.
22MB

dayum thats a good one kid
argh i gotta use sonicfoundry..
the editing was awesome!!

you guys are getting better..
my dream is to race both of you at GT3
:D

KiDyNomiTe
03-29-2003, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Bbandit

you guys are getting better..
my dream is to race both of you at GT3
:D

I wish GT3 was online, I have no clue when GT4 is coming, they are being info teases and not telling us much.

whateverjames
03-29-2003, 08:42 PM
240Driver39: Thank you. :) Here are my other videos http://gt3.systemsilence.com

Lauren: Thanks! I think you'd like GT3. Its a fun game.

whateverjames
03-29-2003, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by KiDyNomiTe
I wish GT3 was online, I have no clue when GT4 is coming, they are being info teases and not telling us much.

I can't wait for that. I hope they have teams and tournaments.