PDA

View Full Version : Going Homeless....

vincent_18
05-05-2009, 08:36 PM
Yep you read that right...I am going to be homeless in california...at least I still have my job and I have figured alot of things out on how to save myself, but we shall see how this goes. Wish me luck zilvians. I hope I can survive. ^_^

dirtdiggler666
05-05-2009, 08:40 PM
just go to a rich hood and beg for change you will probably make more than half the kids on here :goyou:

murda-c
05-05-2009, 08:41 PM
Dig a cave like them al qaeda dudes.

vincent_18
05-05-2009, 08:49 PM
haha yeah it kinda sux, but thats true. I probably will make alot more money than anyone on here. LOL!

brndck
05-05-2009, 08:52 PM
Who are you?
Go couch surfing.
Hobo = win.

karl wasabi
05-05-2009, 09:20 PM
Are you serious, or are you just tuggin our sacs?

ESmorz
05-05-2009, 09:21 PM
Buy a tent.

BustedS13
05-05-2009, 09:28 PM
buy a Pontiac Aztek with the Tent Trunk accessory

...then question why Pontiac is getting cut, LOL

vincent_18
05-05-2009, 09:34 PM
not joking around..seriously going to be homeless. If you guys don't believe me thats ok.

sentiumprogram
05-05-2009, 09:36 PM
only the strong survive

iwishiwas-all*
05-05-2009, 09:37 PM
yea couch surf u bum
find a friend ask if u can bunk for a bit

ESmorz
05-05-2009, 09:38 PM
not joking around..seriously going to be homeless. If you guys don't believe me thats ok.

So buy a fucking tent, get some friends, and make a blog.

Titty fuck.

BustedS13
05-05-2009, 09:39 PM

why can't you afford shelter?

ha ha. my post icon says "CA". for California. because, well, you know.

blueshark123
05-05-2009, 09:41 PM
u shouldnt have interne if u goin homeless haha stop stealing inernet lol

apex
05-05-2009, 09:44 PM
http://zilvia.net/f/off-topic-chat/254905-oprah-show-sponsored-free-2-piece-chicken-meal-kfc-05-05-09-05-10-09-a.html

BustedS13
05-05-2009, 09:45 PM
i have a buddy who was homeless for years. worked with him at dominos years ago. he rented a car and lived in it, and used it for work. took showers at the YMCA, kept groceries in the walk-in at Domino's, slept in front of the store in his car. Ford Focus he lived in. used to drive out to Santa Monica every winter, and work at a Domino's out there and train for knife fighting or some shit like he was the Karate Kid of Knives. when we drove out to CA in '07 we met him at Santa Monica Pier and chased each other around on the beach with rubber knives. it was awesome.

vincent_18
05-05-2009, 10:01 PM
i have a buddy who was homeless for years. worked with him at dominos years ago. he rented a car and lived in it, and used it for work. took showers at the YMCA, kept groceries in the walk-in at Domino's, slept in front of the store in his car. Ford Focus he lived in. used to drive out to Santa Monica every winter, and work at a Domino's out there and train for knife fighting or some shit like he was the Karate Kid of Knives. when we drove out to CA in '07 we met him at Santa Monica Pier and chased each other around on the beach with rubber knives. it was awesome.

HAHAHAHAh!!! OMG!! Thats too good. Thanks for all the support guys. Jeez. Oh well.

lflkajfj12123
05-05-2009, 10:03 PM
why don't you just join the military

steve shadows
05-05-2009, 10:05 PM
Who do you work for?

IE who is your employer?

Do they know you cannot afford to find a room mate or rent a room?

Dude you should be able to find a room for rent in a families home in Riverside who is about to get foreclosed on and needs money for their shitty mortgage.

I am sure you can find stuff for like 150-350 bucks a month for JUST A ROOM

If you arnet making 1000 bucks amonth working full time then that is illegal and you are below minimum wage...

steve shadows
05-05-2009, 10:05 PM
why don't you just join the military

Brilliant....Go Air Force dude...plus they will even help you pay for college

singlecamslam
05-05-2009, 10:11 PM
So whats the story about you being homeless? Economy is tough but i still find it hard to be a bum in America. I'm 20, pay my bills, go to school, broke as fuck but have a shitty apartment at least.

somovr4
05-05-2009, 10:16 PM
This is why I live in the o'chen.. No freakin bills.. free water..

unlegendary
05-05-2009, 10:48 PM
yeah just join the military dude, but if anything research. there is more help out there than what meets the eye.

I10cruiser
05-05-2009, 10:52 PM
details ? specifics?

origin_s135
05-05-2009, 11:08 PM
details ? specifics?

same here, i would also like to know!

ronmcdon
05-05-2009, 11:22 PM
there's always Craigslist.

otherwise, I agree the military should be something to consider.
just take some time to research which branch would suit you better.

karl wasabi
05-05-2009, 11:39 PM
You can also go to jail. It's free to stay there...

corwin
05-06-2009, 02:24 AM
Survival Guide to Homelessness (http://guide2homelessness.blogspot.com/)

Saw this posted elsewhere and decided to read through it. Actually has a lot of good info, and a pretty interesting read anyways.

Felipe
05-06-2009, 02:42 AM
lmao @ jail or military!

Grip
05-06-2009, 02:58 AM
just FYI.. the military just got hit with MAJOR budget cut.. EVERY1 in the Navy scheduled to move fom base to base was just postponed until November..

still better than being homeless though..

SochBAT
05-06-2009, 03:00 AM
If you really think about it, being free from living a life bound by wage isn't so bad.

You just have to think outside the box.

If it is truly your choice, I support you 100%. More power to you.
If you need anything, i'll be glad to support within my means.

longdy
05-06-2009, 03:03 AM
dude im soo lost!!

karl wasabi
05-06-2009, 03:08 AM
My friends and I thought about this a while ago...

Picture living with the homeless for like a week in LA, and filming the whole thing. Like a first hand documentary about being homeless. hahah.

325irollin
05-06-2009, 04:04 AM
Don't have friends or family that would help you out?

Felipe
05-06-2009, 04:47 AM
save money... move in with a room mate... till then...

http://redferret.net/Images/tn_carliving.jpg

The Chad
05-06-2009, 05:05 AM
Dude, several of my friends have considered themselves "homeless" while they are crashing on my couch/pullout. If you have NO FRIENDS and NO FAMILY willing to help you out...then i consider you "homeless". If that is the case, I work in Foster care and i may be able to help you find a homeless shelter in the area.

A31CEFIRO
05-06-2009, 06:14 AM
collect fun employment ??? I mean unemployment!

DALAZ_68
05-06-2009, 08:43 AM
so whats the issue...why are u going homeless...for the fuck of it...or because u got fucked in life?

turbo_dreams
05-06-2009, 08:56 AM
My friends and I thought about this a while ago...

Picture living with the homeless for like a week in LA, and filming the whole thing. Like a first hand documentary about being homeless. hahah.

Nice to see you find being homeless a funny situation, asshole.

Op, gl in your situation, i'm pretty sure it's cheaper to survive out in cali in comparison to ny, you should try surfing craigslist and find a room for rent, take care man

aziankingz
05-06-2009, 08:57 AM
yeah man whats the details..probably too late..if you are homeless then you will not have a computer.. hope you at least still have your car to live in.. but i find it hard that you work full time and cant afford rent.. unless youre a crackhead or gambleholic..

corwin
05-06-2009, 11:21 AM
He just has to go to the library to use a computer.

SHIFT_*grind*
05-06-2009, 11:46 AM
If you really think about it, being free from living a life bound by wage isn't so bad.

You just have to think outside the box.

I was thinking this too. If you make enough money to survive and are creative enough to find places to sleep every night......it's almost not a bad idea. No house to clean or take care of, no rent or mortgage to pay. A nomadic lifestyle actually sounds kind of exciting.

Good luck man.

I LUV MY S13
05-06-2009, 11:57 AM
i agree on tha friends and family part...if u have absolutely no one to help u then u are truly fucked..

napaKAliboog
05-06-2009, 12:40 PM
Guys I don't want to spoil my secret plan... But fuck it, you guys are fam so. Why doesn't someone look for sane bums.
clean them up.
Go to the Philippines, Korea, china, etc.
Set em up for marriage
HALF PRICE the other mail order competitions.
advertise on large gaming rings like W.O.W
Get what you made off of the bums use it to buy an apt. (to store the bums/ clean them up and shit)
Ring up some more bums give them 1%.
All this takes is 2 people max. we'll split the profit.
I'll document everything and it'll be a hit!

ronmcdon
05-06-2009, 12:43 PM
I've been thinking more about this.
really, it might not be that bad if you plan it out well.

If I was the OP, I'd move out to Santa Monica beach in socal, or the next closest beach.
you can always use the beach showers to freshen up & wash your clothes.
would also be nice to set up a tent, & sleep on the beach.

If there is a job, commute.
If no job, hang out at the beach all day and check out the chicks in bikinis.
if you need to pan-handle, all the tourists are at SM beach.
I'm sure there's also a decent amount of jobs at touristy areas too.

murda-c
05-06-2009, 12:44 PM
Jail or the military.

pick one they're both an adventure.

beeracing s14
05-06-2009, 12:58 PM
military dude .. at least when you join you get the 40k gi bill and a va home loan to keep your hopes high. Thats how i got my house.

Phlip
05-06-2009, 01:10 PM
My understanding, here is that he does have at least a job, and apparently has a car and a (hopefully laptop) computer.

Here goes...

Food: Be ready to live on fast food and possibly friends' food. Crashing the continental at a hotel is free and cheap when/if you can pull it off.

PO Box: Because you won't have a mailing address otherwise... Do not even THINK about buying anything that must be shipped, you will not DESERVE it while homeless.

"Stuff": Naturally, you will not be able to store all your "stuff" in your car, so you will need to pay for a small storage unit, they're not expensive.

Washing: You will be between joining a 24-hour gym, begging at the YMCA or with friend's.

Shelter: Sleeping in the car in front of your job, kicking off like in the sauna or on the couches at the aforementioned 24-hour gym -- hell in extreme circumstances in that storage unit provided you've not overfilled it -- or again with friends is the option.

Internet (this really should be the least of your worries): Back to that laptop thing, you can get free wireless at McDonald's, Coffee Shops, Bookstores and various cafes around. Most will require that you buy something, but bookstores will not.

Sex: Forgetaboutit, homeless people don't DESERVE to be fuckin.

Some of the things I mention are more than likely rendered moot by the aforementioned "friends" thing, if you had friends then you would not be "homeless," as you would at least have a place to crash until you're on your feet.
The better question, though, is what IS your situation that you do not have at least a couch to crash on for a few weeks?

ZenkiCam
05-06-2009, 06:40 PM
http://zilvia.net/f/off-topic-chat/254905-oprah-show-sponsored-free-2-piece-chicken-meal-kfc-05-05-09-05-10-09-a.html

hahahahhahahahhaha lolololol at this! :bigok:

Jdm.I.Am
05-06-2009, 07:34 PM
military dude .. at least when you join you get the 40k gi bill and a va home loan to keep your hopes high. Thats how i got my house.

40k wtf!?!?!? they offered me 15k fucking rip off bastards!

hope things work out for you man, i was homeless for 2 months when my family sold our home and the house we where going to buy ended up being a scam.. i lived in my car for a bit (no alarm and did not want to get it stolen) then once my friend let me keep it in his garage i stayed at a hotel by my work for 2 weeks then my girlfriends rents let me move in with them. could have gone to the rents new home but wayyy to far from where i work/ play =P

cserrano86
05-06-2009, 09:52 PM
My understanding, here is that he does have at least a job, and apparently has a car and a (hopefully laptop) computer.

Here goes...

Food: Be ready to live on fast food and possibly friends' food. Crashing the continental at a hotel is free and cheap when/if you can pull it off.

PO Box: Because you won't have a mailing address otherwise... Do not even THINK about buying anything that must be shipped, you will not DESERVE it while homeless.

"Stuff": Naturally, you will not be able to store all your "stuff" in your car, so you will need to pay for a small storage unit, they're not expensive.

Washing: You will be between joining a 24-hour gym, begging at the YMCA or with friend's.

Shelter: Sleeping in the car in front of your job, kicking off like in the sauna or on the couches at the aforementioned 24-hour gym -- hell in extreme circumstances in that storage unit provided you've not overfilled it -- or again with friends is the option.

Internet (this really should be the least of your worries): Back to that laptop thing, you can get free wireless at McDonald's, Coffee Shops, Bookstores and various cafes around. Most will require that you buy something, but bookstores will not.

Sex: Forgetaboutit, homeless people don't DESERVE to be fuckin.

Some of the things I mention are more than likely rendered moot by the aforementioned "friends" thing, if you had friends then you would not be "homeless," as you would at least have a place to crash until you're on your feet.
The better question, though, is what IS your situation that you do not have at least a couch to crash on for a few weeks?

Damn dude... you are a genius... I'ma write this down just in case. Lol.
The gym thing, so easy to pull off...I'ma start thinking twice about the guys who are ALWAYS there regardless of the time. Coincidence? I think not. Lol...

HyperTek
05-06-2009, 10:06 PM
my friend has 2 rooms for rent out in fontana , im not sure how much he is asking but i can check if you can pull enough for a room.. I been thinking that myself to move out of home and into a room, figure once your own your own, you will probably cut out bad spending habbits and find a way to survive/hustle. Im 25 as well. My problem is i have this freaking car as a hobby, you know how that goes, im more worried that my car would be down for maintanence, or id loose it by other means.

I have a friend who lost his job, has a prior felony, who lost his apartment... His friend let him stay in their garage i think, he rides a bike and bus to school/work.. Just gotta hustle.

oh yeah, the inland empire freaking blows.. theres no night life out here, and beautiful girls are only a small handful.. You can blow $$$$ just going out somewhere else to look for entertainment. I live in Perris now, super nothign out here, and im a lil down that im commuting to work, adn the cash i make is going back into maintenance on my car just to drive out of here lol

But yeah look into getting a room.. Im still at home, but ive had friends who went to college, rented a room, and paid for everything with pizza delivery jobs..

ranger240
05-06-2009, 10:36 PM
get your priories straight. i.e. sell whatever computer youre wasting time on zilvia with... do you have parents or friends? do they have couches? your co-workers must hate you if they arnt offering you theirs

logik23
05-06-2009, 11:47 PM
How can you be home less when you have full time job? I can understand you can't pay your bills when you're working like 10 hours a week and you can't get more.....

Besides, there are thousands of jobs on craigslist, sure they are not glamorous, some of them are cleaning out toilets, but it's work, it's money.....rent money.

JBeeeee
05-07-2009, 12:16 AM
thats one thing in life i dn't wanna experience.....homeless, good luck

kognition
05-07-2009, 12:41 AM
Couch surfing is honerable if you have work. Most of us have done it at one point in our lives. George Lucas did it when he was trying to get American Grafitti going. Then he did Star Wars. Don't give me that homeless stuff man. You have friends to ask for help.

corwin
05-07-2009, 12:43 AM
if you sleep in your car, get a car cover. Keeps the cops from getten all up in your business.

Grendel
05-07-2009, 12:53 AM
If you are going to be homeless and you really don't have some friends/family that can help you out, I'd say suicide is a viable option. That's what I'd do!

325irollin
05-07-2009, 01:18 AM
I think if I new I was going to be homeless then my final purchase would be a plane ticket to Europe or Japan.

kognition
05-07-2009, 02:43 AM
There's an option! Be an international hobo! Live in hostels and see the world on a moped!

I think if I new I was going to be homeless then my final purchase would be a plane ticket to Europe or Japan.

Phlip
05-07-2009, 02:45 AM
if you sleep in your car, get a car cover. Keeps the cops from getten all up in your business.
That is the dumbest shit I have read today, and I am just waking up now. How in the fuck can someone put a car cover on from inside of a car?

If you are going to be homeless and you really don't have some friends/family that can help you out, I'd say suicide is a viable option. That's what I'd do!
Suicide is a bitch move, a permanent end to a temporary problem, nothing viable or respectable about it.

aoiken3
05-07-2009, 03:00 AM
good luck man. may the force be with you

ronmcdon
05-07-2009, 03:02 AM
Besides, there are thousands of jobs on craigslist, sure they are not glamorous, some of them are cleaning out toilets, but it's work, it's money.....rent money.

don't forget the prestigious prospect of offering sensual favors either.

it's not implausible that you can be homeless with a job.
getting a new apartment frequently requires a credit check, co-signers, 2 month deposit,
& who knows what other hurdles.
With the credit crunch & the economy the way it is, it probably isn't easy.

ayuaddict
05-07-2009, 03:03 AM
That is the dumbest shit I have read today, and I am just waking up now. How in the fuck can someone put a car cover on from inside of a car?

ive done it before.

haha.

put the cover on, open the door a little and squeeze into the car.

it will get HOT as FUCK in there though.

aoiken3
05-07-2009, 03:06 AM
ive done it before.

haha.

put the cover on, open the door a little and squeeze into the car.

it will get HOT as FUCK in there though.

my question is, why did you do it??

kevmeistah21
05-07-2009, 04:26 AM
my question is, why did you do it??

coldbox...

ms!3
05-07-2009, 07:18 PM
joining the military all good.

but you don't just join for the money. especially when this is a time of war.

good luck.

I LUV MY S13
05-07-2009, 07:32 PM
im guessin this guy is out there already..hasnt responded to any of our posts...wish him tha best

SlideWell
05-07-2009, 08:28 PM
i cant see a purpose in this post other than sympathy or hoping someone tells him they can stay with him. either way, you dig your own grave, and if youre dealt a bad hand of cards in life, like a dick of a father that wants you out like mine was, you take it up and work things through. my ass was kicked to the curb when i was 18 in florida. i slept/lived in my car in the heat of summer there with A/C that worked maybe half the time. if i can come up from my situation, so can the OP and i hope he does. i also hope he doesnt go thru and see some of the shit i had to on the streets.
on a another note, if you are a sober and clean person, an Oxford House is a good way to go, at least having a roof over your head other than your car is good. they usually charge $300/mont rent here, which is crazy cheap.

palmdale_mob
05-07-2009, 08:37 PM
If I was you I would be a homeless person on the beach, just living the dream

SlideWell
05-07-2009, 08:42 PM
If I was you I would be a homeless person on the beach, just living the dream

i tried that. theres more traffic than u think. i had a black crackhead wake me up in my sleep asking if i was ok, then once i got him to leave me alone after him telling me about these "hot girls that rolled thru that were coming back, i woke up to my car shaking. turns out this bitch had his ass planted on the passenger side fender of my 4th gen lude jerkin his shit off. fuck that. i started my car, he shook, then stepped over to his truck and kept jerkin it. sick ass shit u see on the streets.

WILDACEX187
05-08-2009, 01:05 AM
man good luck. had u been out here i might've helped u out

325irollin
05-08-2009, 03:13 AM
Just Break Bad

napaKAliboog
05-11-2009, 03:26 AM
if you sleep in your car, get a car coverhttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/mag-glass_10x10.gif (http://zilvia.net/f/#). Keeps the cops from getten all up in your business.

AHAHHAHAH I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING!
The coldbox option is a good idea though

SochBAT
05-11-2009, 04:11 AM
I'm actually writing a paper on curing homelessness.

If you can read this, more power to you. DO what you gotta do.