PDA

View Full Version : S14 ka-t auto tranny??

mojos13
05-01-2009, 08:11 PM
Hi everyone!, I know our auto tranny's don't like turbos but my car is a DD and I enjoy the heck out of it as an automatic with a T-25, lately, it's been shifting funky and everytime i turn it on, the O/D light flashes for like 10-seconds before going off, the owner's manual just says to take it to the dealer for diagnostic/repairs ( screwing )....any help or suggetions are greatly appreciated!.:boink:

Ceepo
05-02-2009, 12:29 AM
mine was acting funny, mines not turbo but im mean to it lol doing neutral drops and such lol, i drained the fluid out of it, and i filled it back up and added some B&G Auto Transmission Conditioner, suprising it helped alot!!! my trans shifts much smoother then before and no more funky noises...

ChicagoS14
05-02-2009, 12:35 AM
Stock automatic transmissions on 240s dont like turbos very much. For more info browse ka-t.org theres a few guys out there that have turbocharged automatic cars and im sure they have seen the power they can handle.

4x4le
05-02-2009, 08:21 AM
If you really wanted to get any life out of it you would put a tranny cooler on it and a higher performance tranny oil. I used to have a s13 auto tranny auto-x car and went through 2 trannys pretty quick. As soon as you have problems drain it out or your going to clog your solonids.

mojos13
05-02-2009, 09:28 AM
Thanks Y'all, I do have a small cooler on it but i guess changing the fluid/filter won't hurt...would a shift kit help?...any body know?