PDA

View Full Version : just got back from the new X-men movie...

zenki.life
05-01-2009, 03:41 AM
wow. well right now here i am at almost 3 in the morning and i got back from seeing the new x-men movie. now i am not a comic book fan by any stretch of the imagination, however this movie was entertaining. i found a couple corny parts as well as a few unneeded plot holes that over all did not completely ruin the movie.

and having ryan reynolds in it was a big +1.

stay after the credits btw as there are two scenes. however i was told by a nerd sitting next to me that there are alternate endings at different movie theaters, ghey because my ending sort of sucked compared to hearing about some of the others

my verdict, fun movie. worth going to see maybe an 8 outta 10.

worangejuice
05-01-2009, 03:44 AM
this movie seems super badass and super gay all at the same time
why the fuck doesn't ryan reynolds have a mask on at all???????????

zenki.life
05-01-2009, 03:47 AM
he doesnt need one. haha. crazy bad ass sword guy who deflects bullets with it! i want that guy to come out with more movies. lol. any way they used to much whack green screen. some of the special effects looked really fake which i was disappointed about considering that this was no $10 budget movie.

ok make comments guys on what you guys thought if you saw it. i need some sleepies now. GNITE

kevmeistah21
05-01-2009, 03:52 AM
just got back from it too and i enjoyed it and i thought kayla was hot in a way.? ohhh and megan fox in transformers when she's on the bike during the previews! gahhhhhh.

325irollin
05-01-2009, 04:59 AM
Never really got into Xmen but I'll check it out

kevmeistah21
05-01-2009, 05:01 AM
^^^ i didn't either, i had to ask my buddies who the other characters were but it's entertaining and it points out the characters alittle bit.

HungryHank
05-01-2009, 05:06 AM
loved gambits 240

shits gangsta

LeftNutOfGowd
05-01-2009, 06:49 AM
i saw the movie on april 1st

sileighty83
05-01-2009, 08:10 AM
good looks...cause I always leave at the credits:bigok:

aziankingz
05-01-2009, 09:38 AM
i watched this movie with no special effects.. i thought it was pretty good.. and funny bc some parts were missing the cgi..

an_orange_s2k
05-01-2009, 11:08 AM
i watched this movie with no special effects.. i thought it was pretty good.. and funny bc some parts were missing the cgi..
yea same here. saw it online a week ago for free and thought it was great.

zenki.life
05-01-2009, 11:58 AM
as for the cgi, only the last fight seen was good, as for the rest i was disappointed. and i would never watch a movie, especially one like this, with no cgi

soon2bs13
05-01-2009, 04:18 PM
i enjoyed it. they can go in sooo many directions now that leads up to the first movie.

SochBAT
05-01-2009, 07:48 PM
awesome.

Deadpool looks NOTHING like deadpool.

Wraith got killed TOOO fast. Cmon!

Gambit sounds like a fucking wimp instead of a badass cajun.

Gambit's costume design is fucking WEAK AS FUCK.

Logan Sabertooth fights were stupid.

The fact that Sabertooth runs like a fucking cat is fucking stupid. SERIOUSLY. You can't just run like a normal human and be fast? You can only be fast with running like a cat? RETARDED.

Honestly, they should have stuck more closely to the comics, regardless of how they want this to be a movie for the GENERAL audience.

And at least mention adamantium poisoning. For fuck's sake, they make him out to be a fucking GOD.

/Rant.

ronmcdon
05-01-2009, 08:04 PM
I didn't think it resembled anything close to the comic version.
the wolverine series was pretty long, and I felt a lot that made the story coherent was missed out.
as a result, i think the film tried to throw in too much in a approx 90 min span.
instead, i think 3 hrs with more details would have been much more appropriate.

PG-13 rating as almost always a disaster, unless you can get a killer director (like Nolan for Batman)
I think that was one of the biggest problems, as it compromised some of the more adult elements of the story.
in terms of casting, i felt the sabretooth and gambit characters didn't work at all.
Neither felt particulary convincing at depicting the given roles.
I don't really think hugh jackman was all that great either, as he seems to play just a 1-dimensional good-guy.

some of the fight scenes are choreographed well enough and are entertaining.
the cinematography and editing are competent but unexceptional (if not pedestrian).
on another note, this is a bit of a dissapointment for director Gavin Hood (totsi), as he has done better work in the past.

not a horrible film, just mediocre imo.
good to have with popcorn, but just another 'run of the mill' hollywood action flick otherwise.

metacritic rates it at 44 out of 30-something reviews.
X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009): Reviews (http://www.metacritic.com/film/titles/wolverine)

SochBAT
05-01-2009, 08:26 PM
You know what I LOVED about Wolverine?

GOING BERSERK!

Whens the last time he did that?!?!

ronmcdon
05-01-2009, 08:39 PM
Between a PG-13 rating & Hugh Jackman's acting, that's probably not going to happen.
Maybe it's for the best too.

zenki.life
05-02-2009, 01:13 AM
any one see that janky( yes janky is my word for today ive used it 6 times today) cgi when he first gets his adamantium claws. when he is trying them out in the batch room. and when he extends them they look sooooooooooooooooo fake.

and and prof exaviar looked so fake with all of his botox lmao

Bubbles
05-02-2009, 01:45 AM
however i was told by a nerd sitting next to me

BIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGG time denial.

Face it BRahhhh.

SochBAT
05-02-2009, 02:30 AM
Alternate endings?

They all end up failing. I don't see how they're alternate...

OptionZero
05-02-2009, 02:31 AM
they JOBBED deadpool . . . absolutely JOBBED him

Merc with a mouth got his mouth taken away? bullshit

i dont care if they gave him random powers, he's not deadpool without the smack talk

zenki.life
05-02-2009, 02:39 AM
BIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGG time denial.

Face it BRahhhh.

i know you probably think your really funny, fact is he was a nerd is my opinion. the fact that he was wearing a suit should have said something.

and fyi im no nerd im a geek, a nissan geek!

TheWolf
05-02-2009, 04:08 AM
people who saw the workprint a couple of months ago realized the same thing.. it's kinda good.. but not really.. they depend on the CG to "wow" you so when you saw it without the CG you knew that it was just a bottle of weaksauce.

SochBAT
05-02-2009, 12:35 PM
Like swiss cheese, so many plot holes.

worangejuice
05-04-2009, 04:05 AM
what a badass gay movie. The trailer showed just that. badass, but kinda gay in parts. I was just explaining the movie to my girlfriend and cracking myself up.
The naked Wolverine on the farm , the exploding helicopter behind him as he walked off, Will i am,the 'boxing match', then the subsequent claws through the glove. And mega awesome, cyclop,m.bison deadpool with sealed mouth. wtf? and when Wolvie's ex was like "I won't make you do that, no that would be as low as you, you're gonna walk till you're feet bleed, then walk some more" which he exactly did. guhhhh

good parts, were when Wolverine got hit in the head with bullets and kinda grimaced, then rolled neck. that was badass. And all the moments you thought Wolverine was pissed and gonna fuck up everything in sight....that was exciting, but then he didn't.

Welcome to the world of greenscreen!

Felipe
05-04-2009, 04:43 AM
im waiting for them to fuck up the rest of the x-men... like cable in thies shoes! lol

Nike Dunk Low X Cable Edition » Nike Air Force Ones Shoes & Air Jordan Shoes at Myairshoes.com (http://www.myairshoes.com/nike/nike-dunk-low-x-cable-edition.html#more-1517)

worangejuice
05-04-2009, 04:54 AM
im waiting for them to fuck up the rest of the x-men... like cable in thies shoes! lol

Nike Dunk Low X Cable Edition » Nike Air Force Ones Shoes & Air Jordan Shoes at Myairshoes.com (http://www.myairshoes.com/nike/nike-dunk-low-x-cable-edition.html#more-1517)

oh shit......"can I get dat in 11, I'm an x-man fan"
yuck

Felipe
05-04-2009, 05:04 AM
oh shit......"can I get dat in 11, I'm an x-man fan"
yuck

left foot looks like megneto... :ugh:

Om1kron
05-04-2009, 12:09 PM
I thought you got home from the movie and were so tired you missed the thread that's existed almost for a year and some change concerning this movie.

!Zar!
05-04-2009, 01:22 PM
...the exploding helicopter behind him as he walked off...

Yeah, after the explosion with the super fake flames I just thought wtf.

I've seen low budget Chinese films with fire CG better than that.

CrimsonRockett
05-04-2009, 01:25 PM
I thought you got home from the movie and were so tired you missed the thread that's existed almost for a year and some change concerning this movie.

+1.

:lockd: