PDA

View Full Version : s13 w/z32 brakes, wheel fitment issue.

Cirtem
04-30-2009, 02:39 PM
So here's the deal. I have a '89 Sil-Eighty with z32 (300zx) 5-lug conversion with z32 (300zx) brakes.

I recently ordered a set of Enkei RPF1 17x9 +35. I test fitted one of the front wheels on the car with little to no luck. The wheel doesn't clear the caliper. I've got a good half an inch or less between the back of the wheel and the hub.

My question is what what offset are others running that use z32 front brakes? More specifically what size Enkei RPF1.

If possible, is there an offset I can run that only requires maybe a 5mm spacer or something close to that. Preferably without stud change.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

murda-c
04-30-2009, 02:48 PM
get a +17 or something like that.

glitched
04-30-2009, 03:58 PM
It's not just offsets but wheel design and disk height.

some wheels come in hi-disk designs to accommodate large brake calipers.

5mm spacer can be ran without stud changes and are relatively cheap.

you can pick up some project kiks bolt on 15mm spacers. they dont require stud changes, but they bolt on to the current studs and then have their own studs on the other side.

these can be had for about 100 bucks, or I've got a used set for sale.

4x4le
05-01-2009, 03:04 PM
there are many different things to consider here like stated above. I have a 17x7" wheel that is a 30 offset after the spacer I run and it just barely clears the brakes. I also have 17x9 0 offset wheel that clears them by about 6-7mm. The wider the wheel, usually the more offset your going to have have in order to clear the brakes, especially if there is allot of lip to the wheel. Your probably going to have better luck with a 8" wheel up front, but all wheels are different so......

Now Im not positive on all the varations of your wheel, but if what you say is true that you need .5" more clearance, assuming the only difference on a wheel of the same make as yours would be how much its "built up" at the hub you would need 12.7 mm more offset so a 22mm offset at least. I would want more than that just to be safe though.

e1_griego
05-01-2009, 03:26 PM
I run 17x9 +22 RPF1 in front and it clears fine.

All the 9"+ wide RPF1s have the same face design, I think.

98koukile
05-01-2009, 04:02 PM
The 9.5 has a deeper center than the 9. My rears the lugs are inside the face by 1/4-1/2" more. The +22 should fit much better around big brakes, just use a 15mm spacer I guess