PDA

View Full Version : Automodellista for ps2 coming out today/tommorow

NismoGear5
03-25-2003, 08:22 PM
any else getting this game? I heard we can make teams and such, so I was wondering if anyone wants to make a Zilvia.net team or some other silly team.

Sil1580
03-25-2003, 09:47 PM
I'm getting the game!!!i Can't wait,but why is there a Viper on the cover? i guess because its the american version of the game because that JDM one has a RX7 on it:confused: but there should be a S13 Fastback on it:p

Kaizen
03-25-2003, 10:07 PM
i pre-ordered my copy after playing the beta version. cant wait for it to come!

SilviaDriver
03-25-2003, 10:23 PM
i hella wanna get that game! but no ps2.

SimpleS14
03-25-2003, 10:37 PM
What is this game about?

Zemus
03-25-2003, 10:56 PM
I wish i had 200$s, so i could buy a PS2, oh well, ill just live over at my friends house

Bbandit
03-25-2003, 11:01 PM
im getting the game also tommorrow!
i reserved it already.. and i got myself a cool automodellista steering wheel keychain
wanna create a team? why not?
let me know
oh yea btw.. do we have to subscribe to play the online game? or is it free?

SilviaDriver
03-26-2003, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by GT specR
What is this game about?

where ya been!? its freaken tyte!

all u fuckers that are getting it tomorrow are lucky im jealous and know u are my new enemies. haha jk

im thinking of buying a ps2 and the game next quater if i can.

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2003/news/01/16/capcom/ps2/ps2automodellista_screen012.jpg
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2003/news/01/16/capcom/ps2/ps2automodellista_screen015.jpg

and the best pic ever!

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2003/news/01/16/capcom/ps2/ps2automodellista_screen019.jpg

OOhhh!! ROCKIN THE TWO TONE!

NismoGear5
03-26-2003, 06:18 AM
hahaha amazing shot there can't decide between the coupe or hatch, since I got both in rl.

Yeah the game is free to play, all you need is the ps2, game, and broadband adapter. Should be fun, lets make a Zilvia.net team or something later

Steeles
03-26-2003, 07:25 AM
DAMN!!! I didnt know it was coming out tomorrow!!!! crap crap crap Im gonna be so broke this weekend!! tires on Friday Automodelista tomorrow! damn...

Steeles
03-26-2003, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by NismoGear5
hahaha amazing shot there can't decide between the coupe or hatch, since I got both in rl.

Yeah the game is free to play, all you need is the ps2, game, and broadband adapter. Should be fun, lets make a Zilvia.net team or something later

I'm down soon as I figure out how to hack into moms DSL connection at the house ;) Im gonna hate living with the parents till I find a place

Foxcolt
03-26-2003, 10:20 AM
going to go buy it right now. Lunch break W00t!!!

SimpleS14
03-26-2003, 10:39 AM
pics don't work :confused:

s13driver
03-26-2003, 10:59 AM
why isn't the graphic 3d ?? but instead more like drawing ?

[P.C.R]Gwai Lo
03-26-2003, 11:09 AM
cell shading....basically its a drift version cartoon of gt3

Bbandit
03-26-2003, 11:45 AM
i heard the game cant let you use analog gas pedal... so you have to tap it...
oh well... the guy from gamestop called.. my automodellista has come...
im going to pick it up.. later! :D

NismoGear5
03-26-2003, 12:12 PM
lucky!~!!!!!

hahaha I've driven all over the place and no one has it yet. My bro said he ordered it online and should come tommorow... I can't wait!!!

I may just stop by another store later just to see.

Eternal_240Sx
03-26-2003, 02:42 PM
im playing the game rite now.. i think its pretty cool

Kaizen
03-26-2003, 04:00 PM
i'm down to make a zilvia.net team once i get it in the mail. anyone else in? i only played the beta so i was wondering, how many people can you get on a team?

Bbandit
03-26-2003, 04:12 PM
okay i played the game...
kinda hard though
steers funny
can i turn of the TCS and ACS as in gran turismo 3 in this game?
im going to get the LAN card tommorrow..
im down with the zilvia team

SimpleS14
03-26-2003, 05:28 PM
Oh yea....I remember this game from way back.

I wish I had a fast connection....and a PS2.

NismoGear5
03-26-2003, 05:32 PM
yeah I agree the steering will take a little getting used to.

Just got the game and I'm loving it so far. I cleared area 3 just right now and I can do motor swaps now hahahaha

As for teams, I'm not sure how many can join, but we can have club meetings and check out each others virtua rides hahaha. It would also help if you have a USB keyboard plugged into the usb slot when going online.

Well, I'll just working on making my cars faster, then I'll go online later tonight. :D

someone make the Zilvia.net team and post here

hookedup240
03-26-2003, 06:14 PM
Yea this game is cool Right now i have a 530hp skyline and i was playing online and i killed everyone i raced so far. If you guys create a zilvia club i'll be interested in joining it just let me know.

Yea the steering is a little weird but i got used to it.

Bbandit
03-26-2003, 07:03 PM
i read the manual..
it says that i cant use hub/switch
i have 2 ip's for my apt right now..
my roomate uses one.. and i use the other one... and we use a 4 port switch
will it work if i unplug my cable from my computer and hook it up to my ps?
i havent buy the network card yet.. im going to get it tommorrow though and i just want to make sure

NismoGear5
03-26-2003, 08:13 PM
hey bandit,

for my ps2, I just direct connected my DSL to the ps2 broadband adapter and works great. Should be the same for cable.

By the way, I just tried out the Club Meeting. Its really nice since, it lets us (8 players) meet in a big parking lot, drive around, do stupid donuts, and chat hahaha.

I was thinking of holding a meet tommorow/March 26, around 6pm pacific on the Club meeting category online.

The room name is Zilvia.net and the password is letmein .

My user name is Koguchi and I'll be using a red hatchback or dark blue coupe.

let me know who can possibly make it. thanks

Bbandit
03-26-2003, 08:16 PM
tommorrow? you meant 27th right?
what time?
hopefully in the evening.. i have an exam in the afternoon :(

edit: nevermind.. 6pm pacific.. gotcha

NismoGear5
03-26-2003, 08:18 PM
yeah hahaha get a cool username while you can hahah

p.s Driftking is already taken

SiL1480
03-26-2003, 09:50 PM
hrrmmm, I just bought the game at Toys R Us.... i havent even played this and i bought the darn thing...you guys just make it sound too good and those SS are great.

Anyways, can i play this on dial up? I play other online games on this conn. but how would it play with a 56k?

Is this track racing, like a circuit or drifting?

I need to know...tis not even opened yet!!!!:eek: :eek:

Teb74
03-26-2003, 10:33 PM
Team zilvia for sure! Should be fun stuff, i just have to pick up the adaptor and i'll be online by tomorrow w00.

TheTicTac
03-27-2003, 12:13 AM
What is with everyone using drift in their names?:mad:

Zenki_S14
03-27-2003, 12:38 AM
i just finished playing at it at my cousin's house. man, my S13 coupe looked SWEET!!! Border bodykit with Watanabes and Apexi exhaust. Whoo Hoo! I was wondering the same thing about the TCS. I wanted to shut it off, but didn't know how. Oh well, i'll figure it out later. The game is cool. I'll buy it later this week.

Steeles
03-27-2003, 06:16 AM
picked my copy up, handling is taking getting used to but love the game so far. I gotta find my NA and steal the broadband connection. If you guys are gonna be on tonight I may try and get on. username will be Steeles as always (unless some ahole took it then it'll be some variation of it)

Foxcolt
03-27-2003, 09:37 AM
I'm selling my copy if anyone wants it. 40 bucks shipped!

nrcooled
03-27-2003, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Foxcolt

How much if you bring it over to my house:confused: :D

Foxcolt
03-27-2003, 09:45 AM
I'll give to you for 35.

Comes with a free plastic bag!!:D

Steeles
03-27-2003, 10:13 AM

Disliked it that much man? lol

Foxcolt
03-27-2003, 10:15 AM
Shhh! I just can't affort it right now;)

naw I just don't like how you can't drift since once you get sidways it feels like your hitting your brakes.

Steeles
03-27-2003, 10:20 AM

naw I just don't like how you can't drift since once you get sidways it feels like your hitting your brakes.

yeah its kind of annoying but I have'nt played it that that much. supposedly (reading the booklet) theres drift suspension setups but I dunno. also sucks thers no 180sx. they put the USDM 240 in the midst of all the JDM goodness on there?!?!

I probably shouldnt have bought it this week myself considering Im pushing Mom's honda wagon around cause I cant afford tires till tomorrow but oh well.

NismoGear5
03-27-2003, 10:41 AM
Hi guys

its still 6pm pacific. If you guys do not see a room called Zilvia.net just make it yourself and put the password "letmein"

once we get the room started I can send invites to join Team Zilvia.net hahaha, now we need an artist to make a Zilvia.net decal hmmm.. :confused:

p.s owned a whole mess of supra/nsx/civic last night with the 300ps silvia hahaha , but I got owned on the akagi uphill by a lancer :mad:

Bbandit
03-27-2003, 11:08 AM

very true
the drift feels numb... its not powerful
my review
all and all.. overall GT3 still ownz...
but for the funfactor... automodellista is defitely on top

Zenki_S14
03-27-2003, 01:04 PM
are you still selling your game?

Teb74
03-27-2003, 01:05 PM
Heh yeah the game feels nothing like GT3... Steering is very much different. All and all I've been working on my USDM 240sx. And I'll probably more than likely be online during gameplay since I just finally registered with capcom or whatever. Team ZILVIA! my username is Teb74 see you there. AIM:TEB74

KiDyNomiTe
03-27-2003, 01:15 PM
geez you people are going to make me poor, I'll go and get the game later tonight, if my username is stolen I am going to be pretty damn ****ed off, I have it now for an aim name (it was taken so I added a 5 to it but I never use it so don't bother iming me, and I also got it for hotmail, and for NBA2K3, NFL2K3, and just about every other thing online, so I declare it mine :D

I think the fact that they have watanabes and border kits really got me into it, TXR had a lot of body kits but money is too tight in that game.

Steeles
03-27-2003, 01:23 PM
yeah the lack of money makes it SO much more fun. I'm GLAD they didnt try and make it as technical as GT3. everyonce in awhile its nice to just race and not worry about it. gues I get so into GT3 its a welcome fun relief

Sil1580
03-27-2003, 03:47 PM
does anyone know how the broadband works? is there any fees i have to pay? or if i have a connection alreadey, can i just plug the line into the ps2 broadband and i will get online to see others play?:confused:

Teb74
03-27-2003, 04:20 PM
thats exactly how it works, no fees, plug in and play. Well just as long as you have the network adaptor and register up for a username. FREE w00

NismoGear5
03-27-2003, 04:23 PM
well you just need to have your own broadband for example my lame MSN dsl. Other than that, there are no monthly fees or anything at all.

Yeah I was amazed that the game had, SSR, Work, Rays, and stuff. Nothing like stuffing an SSR mk wheel onto your ride haha or some Formula Meshie :D

p.s I tried making a zilvia.net sticker and it ended up looking like @$$ because I don't know how to make a clear background, oh well.

p.s#2 I think if we all put Zilvia.net under team name, it should work maybe.

Bbandit
03-27-2003, 08:22 PM
i played ol tonight...
i saw "zilvia only" meeting
but i cant get in.. i dont know why
i ended up racing at mountain
got my ass handed to me by a couple of evos and wrx's
oh well.. my FC only have 370hp

btw.. post y'all screenname so i can search for you guys
my screenname is:

SLYDE

i want to join team zilvia:(

NismoGear5
03-27-2003, 08:27 PM
hey hahahah don't worry guess what?

i messed up on the password part. its only 4 numerals, so only me and 1 person are in Zilvia.net Team right now.

Bbandit, when you logon and it ask for your Team name, enter

Zilvia.net and that should be it hahaha

My name on the game is

Koguchi

and the Zilvia person I met was HookedUp240 . We have some good games today hahaha, don't tell anyone about the secret Mountain car hahaha

How about we all meet tommorow at Club meeting

*room :Zilvia.net
*pass :4321

6pm or if that's not cool, just use the member search. After we meet, save member names on the mem card so its easier. Blah I have to pick up my girlfriend now, later guys.

SiL1480
03-27-2003, 09:47 PM
WOW, this is my new favorite game :D

Im planning on getting the network adaptor, can someone answer my previous question about, can i use dial-up?

Can I register for a user name without the adaptor?
Web site?

cant use engine swaps online!!!:mad:

That sucks, my 240 is much more fun with the RB!

Sil1580
03-27-2003, 10:46 PM
Ok guys i've just beat this game ( i expected more, but it was still a really good game) and i unlocked a really cool track/course. I wouldn't want to ruin it for you guys, so just think SMALL heh its a really neat idea that Capcom came up with...anyone elses input on this?

the head
03-28-2003, 12:53 AM
i just finished stage 4 and my PS2 locked up back to stage two damn electronics

it says in the game broadband only i am not sure if dial up will work

Bbandit
03-28-2003, 02:10 AM
6pm pacific...
so that'll be 8pm central right?
okay im going to go online again tommorrow and see whats up
so the team name is Zilvia.net right?
my name on the game is

SLYDE

i drive an white FC with black hood and ssr rims (mountain)
a maroon datsun (circuit)
and a black s13 coupe (race)

see ya 2morrow

hey hahahah don't worry guess what?

i messed up on the password part. its only 4 numerals, so only me and 1 person are in Zilvia.net Team right now.

Bbandit, when you logon and it ask for your Team name, enter

Zilvia.net and that should be it hahaha

My name on the game is

Koguchi

and the Zilvia person I met was HookedUp240 . We have some good games today hahaha, don't tell anyone about the secret Mountain car hahaha

How about we all meet tommorow at Club meeting

*room :Zilvia.net
*pass :4321

6pm or if that's not cool, just use the member search. After we meet, save member names on the mem card so its easier. Blah I have to pick up my girlfriend now, later guys.

boro240
03-28-2003, 03:11 AM
just bought the game today and im online. my sn is boro240. fun times =).

NismoGear5
03-28-2003, 10:45 AM
yeah hahah fun times

me and hookup240 were teamin up on this one guy that wouldn't quit racing us hahahah It was fun though.

I would have to say, get a car for each track ready so that we can play them all.

Get a mountain car, top speed car, and city car, and track too.

p.s don't forget to put in Zilvia.net as your team name when you log in. Same time as last time, and password is 4321

NismoGear5
03-28-2003, 10:53 AM
k to make it easier here are peoples screen-names so that you can do a search in-game. Game name - Zilvia forum name

Koguchi -NismoGear5
hookedup240 -hookup240
SLYDE -Bbandit
boro240 - boro240
Teb74 - Teb74

KiDyNomiTe
03-28-2003, 11:23 AM
So i take it you can't use a hub, that really sucks, i gotta share connection with my bro and he like internet. Anywas, I am ablout to go online, username hopefully KiDyNomiTe

haha umm i have a lot of cars.

- Black 240sx with a Do Luck kit and gold watanabes
- White FD3S with stock front bumper and RE sides and rear, with stock spoiler
- S13 koop (I love how you can create your own two tone) its blue on top (a lite blue) and grey on bottom, with umm i forgot the kit (its the first one) with black watanabes
- Skyline R34 with a C-West kit and Nismo LM wheels
- 22B Subaru STi with a Cusco kit.
- Supra with C-West kit and TRD spoiler with black/red Advan rims

right now I am at stage 5 i believe, on the engine swap thing can you ever mod your engines, cuz I have an RB26 in my 240 (shhhh. I know its not very realistic, but it can happen), but can't mod it.

KiDyNomiTe
03-28-2003, 11:37 AM
argghhh, i think i have to go out and by the ps2 network adapter, I had bought a regular USB adapter and it work for NBA2K3 and NFL2K3 and Tony Hawk, but it doesn't work for this game, tried connecting it every which way but still no go. Looks like I am going to have to find some more money 40 bucks to be exact,

Steeles
03-28-2003, 11:40 AM
yeah I gotta get the dsl stuff from downstairs upstairs so I can get online with you guys. it'll happen this weekend.

Bbandit
03-28-2003, 12:14 PM
i used a switch.. i share connection with my roomate.. and it works :p

Steeles
03-28-2003, 01:11 PM
I would but running a Cat cable from the library downstairs to the game room upstairs on the other end of the house would not sit well with mommy dearest no matter how temporary my stay there is :D

KiDyNomiTe
03-28-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Bbandit
i used a switch.. i share connection with my roomate.. and it works :p

glad to hear that works, I'll be getting the network adapter soon, but thats 40 bucks.

Jsquared
03-28-2003, 03:33 PM
well i'm gonna try to get this game ASAP since i hear so much about it...

can the game be played over Road Runner? (we have a mini-hub in our main room)

Bbandit
03-28-2003, 05:16 PM
if each computer in your house has its own ip addresses.. then you can just unplug one of the cable from one of your computer and connect it to your ps.. and i will work

SiL1480
03-28-2003, 06:02 PM
CAN I USE THIS WITH DIAL-UP?!?!

Sorry I thought that making it in caps and bold would get someone to answer my question since no1 has.:D

hookedup240
03-28-2003, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by SiL1480
CAN I USE THIS WITH DIAL-UP?!?!

Sorry I thought that making it in caps and bold would get someone to answer my question since no1 has.:D

No only broadband (DSL, or cable).

KiDyNomiTe
03-28-2003, 06:45 PM
Finally got it online, had to go and get the adapter, but I can't get it to work with my switch.

Bbandit - did you take the line directly from your comp or did you just buy another cable and connect the adapter to the switch, cuz it won't let me go online using the switch.

My username is KiDyNomiTe5, had some problems when making username so either someone took my username or i created it and it didnt save to my PS2.

Whens the next zilvia meeting, tell me the time zone your in too so I can come on at the right time.

I got loads of cars now, but still working on settings. I got my ass stomped on by some CRX in my 22B, I suck at handling in this game, need to get better.

NismoGear5
03-28-2003, 09:46 PM
well today was very fun hahahaha

Me, bbandit and hookedup had some cool mountain drifting as a team hahahaha we even saved some replays and stuff. 3 badass S13s in team formation with blinkers on, ramming barriers and each other hahaha

We also did some 8 player circuit racing on Suzuka. Some grass cutting sumbiatch got 1st, while bbandit got 2nd with the old school 240z and hookedup got 3rd in his r34. I got a measily 5th because my 350z had the wrong gear ratio :mad:

Okay, the official zilvia meeting place from now on will be

:D MOUNTAIN 5 6PM Pacific Everyday

everyone just try to hang out there after each race we have against each other so we can plan another race easily without getting lost.

We are working on some Zilvia.net decals for the rides for now. See you guys tommorow.

p.s you don't have to showup everyday, if you want to have some friendly races and stuff show up. Its all in good fun. Thanks.

Bbandit
03-28-2003, 10:51 PM
okay do the following
take off the cable from your pc
put it in your PS2
now heres the tricky part
turn off your switch and cable box(if you have any)
wait for about a sec or 2
then turn the power on
this way.. the switch reset itself.. now ready for your ps2
turn on your ps2 and continue setting up your network adapter

Originally posted by KiDyNomiTe
Finally got it online, had to go and get the adapter, but I can't get it to work with my switch.

Bbandit - did you take the line directly from your comp or did you just buy another cable and connect the adapter to the switch, cuz it won't let me go online using the switch.

My username is KiDyNomiTe5, had some problems when making username so either someone took my username or i created it and it didnt save to my PS2.

Whens the next zilvia meeting, tell me the time zone your in too so I can come on at the right time.

I got loads of cars now, but still working on settings. I got my ass stomped on by some CRX in my 22B, I suck at handling in this game, need to get better.

:)

KiDyNomiTe
03-28-2003, 11:29 PM
okay do the following
take off the cable from your pc
put it in your PS2
now heres the tricky part
turn off your switch and cable box(if you have any)
wait for about a sec or 2
then turn the power on
this way.. the switch reset itself.. now ready for your ps2
turn on your ps2 and continue setting up your network adapter

:)

Thanks a bunch, got it to work, im playing right now hit me up on aim if your on, aim me at KiDyNomiTe5.

KiDyNomiTe
03-29-2003, 12:12 AM

Okay, the official zilvia meeting place from now on will be

:D MOUNTAIN 5 6PM Pacific Everyday

I am confused on the time, is it 5PM Mountain time, or 6 PM Pacific, did you mean 5 PM Pacific 6PM Mountain (cuz that is the same time)

Bbandit
03-29-2003, 02:28 AM
glad to hear it works :D
i'll see you tommorrow online!
6pm pacific..
we hang out at: race -> mountain 5
or you can go to club meeting and look for zilvia room
or.. you can search one of our names

oh btw.. i finished the game already...
now its time to kick some a s s e s in the online game
:p

NismoGear5
03-29-2003, 07:42 AM
oh hahah

I meant meet at Mountain 5 As in the room/lobby and the time is still 6pm pacific. Sorry about the confusion hehehe :D

Steeles
03-29-2003, 09:29 AM
crap crap crap!!! I cant find my network adaptor!!! its packed up around here somewhere. dammit I hate moving!!!

NismoGear5
03-29-2003, 10:31 AM
bbandit/slyde hahaha

you are one lucky guy hahaha

check out this webpage

http://www.capcom.com/am/modellista.xpml

its the rankings for the game. You got the 10th spot for lap time records on Suzuka from yesterday... hahaha :D

hookedup240
03-29-2003, 10:46 AM
bbandit/slyde hahaha

check out this webpage

its the rankings for the game. You got the 10th spot for lap time records on Suzuka from yesterday... hahaha :D

That's cool i didn't even know they ranked that stuff, now i'm gonna try harder to get good times.

Bbandit
03-29-2003, 10:57 AM
bbandit/slyde hahaha

check out this webpage

aah yess.. the true power of a retro 240zx
hahahahahhahhaha
my datsun ownzz!!!
LOL
time to get serious and get more top 10 ranks
hahaha

KiDyNomiTe
03-29-2003, 01:14 PM
glad to hear it works :D
i'll see you tommorrow online!
6pm pacific..
we hang out at: race -> mountain 5
or you can go to club meeting and look for zilvia room
or.. you can search one of our names

oh btw.. i finished the game already...
now its time to kick some a s s e s in the online game

ya just beat the game tocday, now its time to setup my cars, I am getting better at drifting with my two tone S13 :D

Bbandit
03-29-2003, 01:51 PM
your s13 huh?
im going to smoke you with my retro car
http://www.maddphatt.com/ps2/240zx.jpg
http://www.maddphatt.com/ps2/240zx2.jpg
http://www.maddphatt.com/ps2/240zx3.jpg
specs:
462hp @ 7000 rpm
399 ft-lb @ 5600 rpm
engine: s20 N/A
displacement: 1989 cc
weight: 1840 lbs

Bbandit
03-29-2003, 03:50 PM
heres a couple of picture i took from our s13 battle

red s13 coupe with huge wing:p = hookedup240
2 tone grey/black s13 coupe = bbandit
blue s13 coupe = nismogear5

http://www.maddphatt.com/ps2/s13battle.jpg
http://www.maddphatt.com/ps2/s13battle2.jpg
http://www.maddphatt.com/ps2/s13battle3.jpg
http://www.maddphatt.com/ps2/s13battle4.jpg

its a bit blurry cuz we're going so fast, the camera couldnt catch up :p

240Degrees
03-29-2003, 03:52 PM
have any of u bought those knockoff internet adaptors like off ebay? and how exactly does it connect? my room is about 3 doors away from the computer.

hookedup240
03-29-2003, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by 240Degrees
have any of u bought those knockoff internet adaptors like off ebay? and how exactly does it connect? my room is about 3 doors away from the computer.

No, i bought the one sony makes, I actually have never seen a knock off one. How much cheaper could it be?

KiDyNomiTe
03-29-2003, 04:41 PM
I don't know if I saw the same things, but they aren't really knockoffs, they are real adapters, USB adapters, made by real companies, but ebay people advertise them as PS2 adapters.

They only work with games that came out before the adapters, such as Tony Hawk 3, NBA2K3, and NFL 2K3, they don't work on newer games like Tony Hawk 4, and AM, I tried, but it does work on Madden 2003.

So don't skimp out, get the real thing. Sony is making sure you can't use those.

240Degrees
03-29-2003, 04:46 PM
ill get the real ones then. how does it connect? it uses those phone jack looking thingies that plug to the cable box thingy right?

HaLo
03-29-2003, 05:25 PM
I just got the game today... I'll get the adaptor soon! I want to Join in! :)

KiDyNomiTe
03-29-2003, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by 240Degrees
ill get the real ones then. how does it connect? it uses those phone jack looking thingies that plug to the cable box thingy right?

on the back of the ps2 there is a little thing that says expansion bay, take it out and there is a big gaping hole. above the hole there is this plug, that is where it plugs into, and it covers the whole, there also is a ribbon cable end, and a power connecter that i am sure will connect to the hard drive when it comes out.

On the back of the adapter there is a phone cord connection and a lan cord connection (RJ45)

Here are pics of my 2 tone coupe.

It has about 426 HP right now, its on middle turbine not the highest one, it hauls ass on the downhill, but not like my STi, I'll own you datsun with scooby power :D (maybe)

KiDyNomiTe
03-29-2003, 05:29 PM
another shot, gotta love my JDM tape :D

DarkRaptor42
03-29-2003, 05:37 PM
I got the game 3 days ago. wanted to beat it first before I came on and back handed all of you :) Ill be on later tonight with a name like drkrp or somthin like that.

Bbandit
03-29-2003, 06:24 PM
are y'all going to go online at 6pm pacific ?
i will
lets meet up at
mountain 5
and we'll start from there

KiDyNomiTe
03-29-2003, 06:26 PM
are y'all going to go online at 6pm pacific ?
i will
lets meet up at
mountain 5
and we'll start from there

ill prolly be there a little late, don't dissapear on me.

Bbandit
03-29-2003, 06:29 PM
alright
i'll wait at mountain 5
or if im in a race.. wait for me at mountain 5

KiDyNomiTe
03-29-2003, 09:32 PM
Had some fun tonight, Bbandit is a cheater lol, beat me by .005 seconds in a race with the s13 koops.

But I have found out that wings and stickers scientificly make your car faster, lol I raced Bbandit with stock koops, mine had a wing and stickers, his was stock bodied, and I won, lol so buy up your wings and stickers before they run out and you to will be a true downhill king :D

I am working on the sticker, right now I just took an Auto Modelista sticker (the one with the blue that fades to white and it has an a on it), well I am trying to change it and have it say Zilvia, and have a Z on it, I need better colors though, it didn't come out as good as I wanted to, I am not changing the background, juss need color ideas for the Z and Zilvia words, and should I put Zilvia.net or just Zilvia.

After making this I will try and make another one, and see which ones you like best.

My STi, ownz you :p

Bbandit
03-29-2003, 09:57 PM
your sti.. you cheater.. i should've used my sti too
grrrr lol
it was a lot of fun though
nismogear talked about team color last time he went online
but we havent decide yet..
hookedup suggest using a combination of yellow and black
we need flashy colors LOL <--- quoted from nismogear5
and i believe nismogear is the best driver between all of us..
so make him a number 1 driver LOL
im working on stickers too but i need to make more later tonight

my datsun, ownz all of youuzzzz!!! :p

Jsquared
03-29-2003, 10:05 PM
just got the game tonight, getting used to it... i don't want to spend money on the internet adaptor! that's like almost 1/3 of a BOV! lol.

oh yeah, is there any way to turn off that annoying announcer guy? "you're amazing!" "i've never seen such technique!" "wow!" "i've never seen such technique" shut up already!!

Bbandit
03-29-2003, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Jsquared
just got the game tonight, getting used to it... i don't want to spend money on the internet adaptor! that's like almost 1/3 of a BOV! lol.

oh yeah, is there any way to turn off that annoying announcer guy? "you're amazing!" "i've never seen such technique!" "wow!" "i've never seen such technique" shut up already!!

yea that guy is annoying.. but i dont know how to turn it off... :(
oh well.. besides whos going to hear him when you floor it anyway? you only hear your turbo whistling LOL

get the internet adaptor.. its worthed.. the game will be A LOT more fun if you play online

KiDyNomiTe
03-29-2003, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Jsquared

fudge the BOV, buy the adapter and with tthe other 2/3 pay me and i'll ride with you and goo pshhhhhhh

hookedup240
03-29-2003, 11:33 PM
Yea guys i had fun while i was there, out of all of us so far i think i'm the worst at the up hills and downhills but i'll practice some. see you guys tomorrow i guess or something if your on.

HaLo
03-29-2003, 11:37 PM
hey guys!! I just got the game... I'll get the adapter tomorrow!! I'll be joining you!

boro240
03-30-2003, 12:25 AM
im alot ****tier online than i am by myself, lol. and i NEED A ****ING KEYBOARD. maybe ill get one tomorrow. pretty frustrating. good times though. i made an FC to compete with you on the downhill Bbandit, just wait. :D

240Degrees
03-30-2003, 01:12 AM
any of u guys race the 240sx online? it doesnt look like it's at that bad of a disadvantage when i play.. even tho its still N/A KA24DE