PDA

View Full Version : Kid Cudi. What do you guys think?

exitspeed
04-27-2009, 09:44 AM
I;m always down to support a midwest rapper. And his shit is different. It's a nice change. He reminds me of Kanye when he first hit the scene. Fresh and new, and anti bs on the radio.

"If I die today the last thing you remember won't be about the apple bottom jeans with the boots with the fur."

He reminds me of me....but a black dude.

http://diamondheadz.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/kidcudi-01-big.jpg

Antihero983
04-27-2009, 09:52 AM
I like his lonely stoner song, but I havent heard much else by him.

exitspeed
04-27-2009, 09:58 AM
He's got three mixtapes you can find online.

A Kid Named Cudi (this one is a legit album. It's hardly a mixtape. Day and Night is on it)
My Stoner Charm
Dat Kid from Cleveland (the latest one. Kanye and Common are on it. It's hot.)

DALAZ_68
04-27-2009, 10:02 AM
the only worth talking about is in the show HOUSE...she's fine as hell...

ZenkiKid
04-27-2009, 10:12 AM
i got Dat kid from Cleveland . "I poke her face" is fucking ill

ericcastro
04-27-2009, 10:15 AM
IDK, I usually wait for Phlip to tell me about something I should be listening too.

wait,

YouTube - Kid Cudi - Day 'N' Nite: Closed-Captioned (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tln5gGCs1cU)
day and night.............

not sure I can handle this............
............I usually keep my top 40 radio on the radio and in the club, not my itunes or in my house.
my chick might like it though, she likes fergie too, lol

Here Mel, check this, your homies show up in here too ;)
YouTube - "Rap Chop" featuring Vince (Slap Chop remix) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWRyj5cHIQA)

DALAZ_68
04-27-2009, 10:22 AM
IDK, I usually wait for Phlip to tell me about something I should be listening too.

so ur stewie and Phlip is Oprah...what book to read next lol

BOT- ive herd some of his stuff and it is actually pretty good...a lot better than some crap out lately...

LeftNutOfGowd
04-27-2009, 10:35 AM
I like the "poke her face song"

ericcastro
04-27-2009, 10:41 AM
so ur stewie and Phlip is Oprah...what book to read next lol

BOT- ive herd some of his stuff and it is actually pretty good...a lot better than some crap out lately...

yeah, Phlip has me reading "the color purple", then. "Men are from Mars,...", then "Are you there god, Its me Margeret".
I feel so much more rounded out as a person.

No, Actually Im old nd lazy, and I have Phlip do all my music research for me, lol

exitspeed
04-27-2009, 10:46 AM
I'm waiting for Philp's opinion on him too. My guess is Phlip like'em.

ericcastro
04-27-2009, 10:51 AM
I will prolly download some later on.
And just try and not let the top 40 song effect my opinion of em.

You finish that bathroom remodel??
Saw your bike thread.
looks pretty fun.
i want one!
:)

exitspeed
04-27-2009, 10:56 AM
I will prolly download some later on.
And just try and not let the top 40 song effect my opinion of em.

You finish that bathroom remodel??
Saw your bike thread.
looks pretty fun.
i want one!
:)

The cool thing about him though is that he has his first song on the top 40 but has did it unlike everyone else...it's not featuring EVERYONE. That's cool to me. He's makin it with out Kanye, Wayne, Jay-z, and TI.

Yeah the bathroom has been done for a while. I've been busier since I've been outta work then I was when I was working so I haven't posted pics. The bike is indeed a fun project.

Phlip
04-27-2009, 11:03 AM
Wait...
I was about to think I had been ignoring this kid.
Then I realized that this song I heard on the radio "Day 'n" Night" was him.

... I fucking hate it.

That is my opinion, and I understand that yours may be different, if you're into hipster skinny jean mohawk rap.

exitspeed
04-27-2009, 11:19 AM
Wait...
I was about to think I had been ignoring this kid.
Then I realized that this song I heard on the radio "Day 'n" Night" was him.

... I fucking hate it.

That is my opinion, and I understand that yours may be different, if you're into hipster skinny jean mohawk rap.

I'd encourage you to give one of his mixtapes a listen.

I don't wear skinny jeans, or have a mohawk and definitely not a hipster.

His flow is cool and different. Like I said, he reminds me of Kanye when he came on the scene. Something new.

Phlip
04-27-2009, 11:52 AM

I don't wear skinny jeans, or have a mohawk and definitely not a hipster.

His flow is cool and different. Like I said, he reminds me of Kanye when he came on the scene. Something new.

Never said you had to have them to be into rappers who do.

I will try not to ignore it when I get home, but the song I have heard and the Kanye connection are working to be quite damning to my preconceived notions, given the direction of Kanye's career.

My expectations are not high, but I will try it.

s13poop
04-27-2009, 12:00 PM
as stated before that mixtape with kanye and common is ill

pa pa pa poker her face :keke:

an_orange_s2k
04-27-2009, 12:14 PM
his stuff is awesome, got all the mixtapes. loving super boo

ZenkiKid
04-27-2009, 12:20 PM

thats what they told me about Lil Wayne and i still think hes whack

Cudis mixtape Dat kid from Cleveland is aiite, i only like poke her face as stated above

anthony240
04-27-2009, 12:26 PM
damn kid cudi's been around for awhile now. day n nite was the jumpoff, something catchy that will make (actually, made) his name known. now that he's got your attention, get the mixtapes, the singles, the remixes. i like his flow as well, reminds me of lupe fiasco, but i'm a bigger fan of lupe. i like what he's doing, he's got 1 hit on the radio, and the rest you find on the net, so it's kinda like straining out his fans, those that do the footwork and research his material get his music.

an_orange_s2k
04-27-2009, 12:46 PM
damn kid cudi's been around for awhile now. day n nite was the jumpoff, something catchy that will make (actually, made) his name known. now that he's got your attention, get the mixtapes, the singles, the remixes. i like his flow as well, reminds me of lupe fiasco, but i'm a bigger fan of lupe. i like what he's doing, he's got 1 hit on the radio, and the rest you find on the net, so it's kinda like straining out his fans, those that do the footwork and research his material get his music.
+1 for lupe..cant wait for his new album

Om1kron
04-27-2009, 12:49 PM
day and nite was fucking annoying imo. but listening to the album version and not the crookers remix changed my mind on kid cudi.

his album (man on the moon) or mixtape per se is pretty fucking awesome.

consequence and big sean are two other good music rappers you should check out, who also debuted on the "cant tell me nothing" mixtape by kanye west back in 07.

S14DB
04-27-2009, 01:21 PM
YouTube - Kid Cudi - Day 'N' Nite: Closed-Captioned (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tln5gGCs1cU)
day and night.............

not sure I can handle this............
............I usually keep my top 40 radio on the radio and in the club, not my itunes or in my house.
my chick might like it though, she likes fergie too, lol

Ugh sounds like Kayne and UMG cleaned him up for public consumption. Hum the clean video and the tread started today...

His mixtape was good. But looks like he jumped the shark already.

YouTube - Kid Cudi - Save My Soul(The CuDi Confession) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDc_48sY7nM)

Kn1ves
04-27-2009, 02:02 PM
earfones - what you need to hear: Kid Cudi - Superboo (http://earfones.blogspot.com/2009/03/kid-cudi-superboo.html)

You don't need to listen to Superboo, just enjoy the video.

<3 Sky might fall though, definately worth the listen

earfones - what you need to hear: Kid& (http://earfones.blogspot.com/search/label/Kid%20Cudi)

Phlip
04-27-2009, 02:08 PM
day and nite was fucking annoying imo. but listening to the album version and not the crookers remix changed my mind on kid cudi.

his album (man on the moon) or mixtape per se is pretty fucking awesome.

consequence and big sean are two other good music rappers you should check out, who also debuted on the "cant tell me nothing" mixtape by kanye west back in 07.

Consequence was around before Kanye, lol... He's Q-Tips cousin and was on Beats Rhymes and Life, not to mention a couple mixtapes of his own down through the years.
... unless of course you were just talking about Big Sean debuting.

Om1kron
04-27-2009, 02:10 PM
Consequence was around before Kanye, lol... He's Q-Tips cousin and was on Beats Rhymes and Life, not to mention a couple mixtapes of his own down through the years.
... unless of course you were just talking about Big Sean debuting.

oh, i didn't know that.

exitspeed
04-27-2009, 02:37 PM
earfones - what you need to hear: Kid Cudi - Superboo (http://earfones.blogspot.com/2009/03/kid-cudi-superboo.html)

You don't need to listen to Superboo, just enjoy the video.

<3 Sky might fall though, definately worth the listen

earfones - what you need to hear: Kid& (http://earfones.blogspot.com/search/label/Kid%20Cudi)

Video is dope.

Oh and Track #8 on Dat Kid From Cleveland is fuckin raw. It uses some country sample. Shit is head bobbin.

This shit. YouTube - Kid Cudi - She Came Along (feat. Sharam) - Dat Kid From Cleveland (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbr0uuHqez8)

Come on Phlip you gotta dig that! That has to be the only dope country sample ever used in Hop Hop.

Antihero983
04-27-2009, 02:47 PM
he's not on a motherfuckin boat. thats an issue.

Phlip
04-27-2009, 02:49 PM
I'll chance another listen when I get in from the gym, but there is no such thing as "gotta feel that" in a world where one is entitled to indifference.
Funny is how I just finished a blog (link down there in the sig) about that just now, and how I have not bought a new album in a long time and I am DAMN sure not copping at my previous rate.
It really is depressing, when people take on the small victory that "different" is almost always accepted as somehow to be synonymous with "good" because everything has weakened so.

Bubbles
04-27-2009, 02:50 PM
thats what they told me about Lil Wayne and i still think hes whack

Lil Wayne is wack.

I've never been so sure of something in my life.

Xbroke_kidX
04-27-2009, 03:50 PM
^ so true.

idk day n night is a cool song i guess but i cant really get into anything else
oh and poke her face haha

lflkajfj12123
04-27-2009, 03:58 PM
day n night is NOT new

its been around for years

the original song is good (sort of got lucky and made a good beat)

crookers remix is annoying and kind of looses the feel the original song had

he's done good work with kanye in the new album

other than that nothing to hype the about him

maybe his future stuff will be worth the hype

exitspeed
04-27-2009, 04:10 PM
I'll chance another listen when I get in from the gym, but there is no such thing as "gotta feel that" in a world where one is entitled to indifference.
Funny is how I just finished a blog (link down there in the sig) about that just now, and how I have not bought a new album in a long time and I am DAMN sure not copping at my previous rate.
It really is depressing, when people take on the small victory that "different" is almost always accepted as somehow to be synonymous with "good" because everything has weakened so.

I'm not trying to tell you you have to like him. I'm just sayin usually you and I are on the same page with music, sans 808's. Guess I'm making an ass outta myself by assuming you'd be feelin it if I was.

I'll shut up and let you listen.

az_240
04-27-2009, 04:18 PM
I liked the day n night song at first... then I heard it everywhere for the next week and it just got annoying. The rest of his songs suck IMO

ericcastro
04-27-2009, 05:07 PM
I would like to say I love wayne!!
he is spreading himself too thin though, and his raps are really starting to show it unfortunatly.

I almost got the album downloaded, will be listening to it 2morrow or maybe tonight. Maybe my chick will like it.

I've been listening to that lil brother alot lately. Phlip put me on that awhile back.

"She came along" is just not for me.
too cheese imho.

something real good will come out soon. Its about that time.
Del's new album was a disapointment as well. :(

Moon Ill
04-27-2009, 05:37 PM
Mickey Factz is where it's at right now. He's like a more upbeat Lupe, but tones it down so people who don't like to think that much can get it without listening to it more than once.

Kid Cudi is nice. I haven't heard his new mix tape, but I have his previous ones. I will agree his flow is different, I didn't like it too much on is song with Wale though, "Is there any love" it's called.

I can't relate more to what he talks about than radio rap though, so for that reason alone I've a slight bias to it.

ericcastro: I listen to lil' bro as well. One of my friend put me on to them. I like them, but they have the same New York feeling beat. It's nothing new or innovative, even though it is good. Kinda like the internal combustion engine.

HyperLeafBlower
04-27-2009, 06:12 PM
KiD CuDi is siiiick

iwishiwas-all*
04-27-2009, 06:16 PM
to be honest, i think the idiot who made the do the ricky bobby song is more tallented.., i saw kid cudi at mansion a few months back, unimpressed.

Phlip
04-27-2009, 06:40 PM
Downloading The Man On The Moon mixtape now...
I will put it in the iPod sometime soon.

HyperTek
04-27-2009, 07:13 PM
i heard this dude Drake on the radio a few days ago, i never heard of him b4 that, but i like him now, i think hes better than kid cudi. Drake on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=17550848)

The Day n night song, is just played out on the radio , they play it like 24/7. BUT, anything beats Souljababy lmao

Deftec
04-27-2009, 08:18 PM
If he could sing better he'd do a lot better. Although his style is different, his voice doesn't do much for it.

SimpleS14
04-27-2009, 08:30 PM
I don't like him, some of the beats are AITE.

2iv0 sx
04-27-2009, 08:33 PM
i heard this dude Drake on the radio a few days ago, i never heard of him b4 that, but i like him now, i think hes better than kid cudi. Drake on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=17550848)

The Day n night song, is just played out on the radio , they play it like 24/7. BUT, anything beats Souljababy lmao

Drake blew up super quick! He's dope (singer AND rapper)

His song "Best I Ever Had" on the radio is off his mixtape SO FAR GONE <-- Get it!

Got all his mixtapes... he's just SICK.

Kid Cudi is coo though (looking past his hipster look).

HyperTek
04-27-2009, 11:05 PM
coo thanks imma have to look for that mixtape.

Another up and coming crew is Pacific Division /Pac Div
Pac Div on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads (http://www.myspace.com/pacdiv)
*looks like they took some of their songs off the page, but they got some good stuff

iwishiwas-all*
04-27-2009, 11:05 PM

drake drizzy rodgers haaaa, drake is on point, hes startin to blow up but i have allready played the shit out of all his mixtapes a whillee back

ransom is a good song

HyperTek
04-27-2009, 11:08 PM
makes me wanna go write and spit some stuff i got a mic and pc equip.. just lazy.. anyone wanna join? lol

iwishiwas-all*
04-27-2009, 11:12 PM
makes me wanna go write and spit some stuff i got a mic and pc equip.. just lazy.. anyone wanna join? lol

lol, me and my buddies have been trying to record a remix to soulja boys "kiss me through the phone" called "Suck me through the phone" about my roomate's extremely long distance relationship with a girl in London and their graphic skype convos lmfao. write up some lyrics, ill give u a verse. hahahah

2iv0 sx
04-27-2009, 11:29 PM
oh man Pac Div are coo dudes haha

Got to hang out with them at a Crook&Castle party in October

The whole LA rappers are coming up Dom Kennedy, Carter, Diz Gibran..

unlegendary
04-28-2009, 12:28 AM
he's nothing special. N-E-R-D still produces better than him and even Kanye on his day off still produces better than him.

if anything, he's alright i don't expect any stardom or ill lyrics from this guy anytime soon. I didn't even read anything about this guy but I bet he's one of those guys that most labels fear, "A better producer than rapper."

325irollin
04-28-2009, 12:40 AM
I like Day n Night. Good cut. I'll have to check out his other stuff

Gnnr
04-28-2009, 12:42 AM
Uhhh, he's not a producer.

Anyways, I like Dat New New, Sky Might Fall, and the original Day N Nite which is what I've heard so far. I downloaded the mixtape waay back but never burned it, which I should as I mostly listen to music in my car.

ANVIL
04-28-2009, 04:42 PM
didnt read the thread but my friend has his new mixtape... theres this one song on there that i personally think is dope kanye produced, sampled poker face.

240SXsaint
04-28-2009, 04:55 PM
im actually tired of hearing the song. vegas radio over plays it

turtl631
04-28-2009, 09:54 PM
Not too blown away by the mixtape I got. I think I have the same fierce aversion as Phlip to this hipster shit though...a lot of the Kool Kids/Kid Cudi/Pac Div/Asher Roth/etc. stuff I've heard has just seemed kinda amateurish and wack. Take it serious and I'll pay attention.

HyperTek
04-28-2009, 10:36 PM
asher roth only gets special attention cuz of his ethnic imo

Bubbles
04-28-2009, 10:44 PM
That song She Came Along is the JAM.

I've been listening to that nonstop.

Future240
04-29-2009, 08:21 AM
Drake is actually coming to my school to perform. he is ok, but not good enough for me to pay 35-60 to see him. My roommate has been saying around the same thing as Mel has, so I decided to give him a listen.

Verdict: So far yes he is different, but not always in a good way. he has some nice lyrics sometimes and interesting beats (again interesting is not always a good thing) but for the most part I am unimpressed. There is nothing really special about him.

and I hate when black people get Mohawks, puffy showed the world years ago that we don't need them.

HyperTek
04-29-2009, 08:31 AM
and I hate when black people get Mohawks, puffy showed the world years ago that we don't need them.

i hate when people wear tight pants thinking its hip hop lmao

Future240
04-29-2009, 08:34 AM

I don't know which is worst, pants so loose your balls sack hangs out, or pants so tight you can see the hairs on ya ballsack

Phlip
04-29-2009, 08:52 AM
asher roth only gets special attention cuz of his ethnic imo

If you only knew the vitriol I have been taking on over on a couple hip hop blogs for saying that shit.

exitspeed
04-29-2009, 08:54 AM

If you remember back in the day though NWA wore tiht pants, but they sagged'em.

http://highlyessential.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/nwa_panic_zone_ice_cube_easy_e_dr_dre_arabian_prin ce_1987_01.jpg
http://cdn-media.channelme.tv/media/images/000000/71/56/NzE%7EOTU2_large.jpg

So technically shit is throwback hip hop. It's just not east coast hip hop style.

mishimoto
04-29-2009, 09:02 AM
He's got three mixtapes you can find online.

A Kid Named Cudi (this one is a legit album. It's hardly a mixtape. Day and Night is on it)
My Stoner Charm
Dat Kid from Cleveland (the latest one. Kanye and Common are on it. It's hot.)

I was listening to Dat Kid from Cleveland on my way to work today, it's good stuff.

Phlip
04-29-2009, 09:17 AM
If you remember back in the day though NWA wore tiht pants, but they sagged'em.

*images*

So technically shit is throwback hip hop. It's just not east coast hip hop style.

You're reaching now... You and I both know, based on our ages, that there were not any options BUT tight jeans back then, and that the way it is being played now is vastly different.

shmiddy
04-29-2009, 09:20 AM
i saw him at webster hall like a week ago... his stuff is pretty good i guess

exitspeed
04-29-2009, 10:13 AM
You're reaching now... You and I both know, based on our ages, that there were not any options BUT tight jeans back then, and that the way it is being played now is vastly different.

lol. I guess your right. I'm ok with hip hop people wearing tight-ish (I emphasis the "ish") jeans. I'm just not ok with emo kids wearing them because they look like girls. I don't have a problem with it being a double standard.

But with Kid Cudi he says he wears 501's. He wants to be buried in them. He shouts out 501's like 3 or 4 times. 501's aren't that bad.

http://www.bournemouthjeans.co.uk/Visuals/005010138.jpg

Gnnr
04-29-2009, 11:07 AM
They're not tight or skinny jeans. They're straight leg.

http://entertainmentrundown.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/rundmc_2.jpg

exitspeed
04-29-2009, 11:12 AM
They're not tight or skinny jeans. They're straight leg.

http://entertainmentrundown.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/rundmc_2.jpg

Yeah that's the word for them You're right. Man I wish I could still dress like that. ^

blackrms13
04-29-2009, 11:31 AM
i heard his music and love it
didnt know he's black...haha

love it!

S14DB
04-29-2009, 01:28 PM
lol. I guess your right. I'm ok with hip hop people wearing tight-ish (I emphasis the "ish") jeans. I'm just not ok with emo kids wearing them because they look like girls. I don't have a problem with it being a double standard.

But with Kid Cudi he says he wears 501's. He wants to be buried in them. He shouts out 501's like 3 or 4 times. 501's aren't that bad.

501's are skinny jeans...

Womens Button Fly LEVIS 501 Skinny Jeans Size 24 30 - eBay (item 170325938745 end time May-03-09 19:23:56 PDT) (http://cgi.ebay.com/Womens-Button-Fly-LEVIS-501-Skinny-Jeans-Size-24-30_W0QQitemZ170325938745QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20090 427)

Not as bad as 511's but still nut crackers. 505's are regulars and 550's are loose.

Fries
04-29-2009, 10:41 PM
I hate that day and night shit. I listened for about... 25 seconds and was like WHAT THE FUCk is thisshit and punched my radio. My head exploded and I drove off a cliff.
Shit sucked.

Actually I just plugged in my iPod.

mishimoto
04-30-2009, 09:28 AM
Yeah that's the word for them You're right. Man I wish I could still dress like that. ^

Haha, I wish I had a picture of Vaughn Gitten and his big gold chain, it looks just like theirs with a mustang emblem hanging on it.

Future240
04-30-2009, 09:31 AM
I hate that day and night shit. I listened for about... 25 seconds and was like WHAT THE FUCk is thisshit and punched my radio. My head exploded and I drove off a cliff.
Shit sucked.

Actually I just plugged in my iPod.

Ha ha ha this made me quite literally lol

exitspeed
05-13-2009, 08:29 AM
So Phlip what do you think of his stuff now?

BTW which mixtape did you listen to?

Phlip
05-13-2009, 09:04 AM
Listened to A Kid Named Cudi and 2 more I can't remember the names of.
They were okay, but nothing I was compelled to burn on a disc and ride in the car too, I was generally unimpressed... The only thing I have found less impressive as far as new artists go this year has been Asher Roth's album.
If hip hop ain't dead, it is on the shittiest life support we've seen.

exitspeed
05-13-2009, 09:08 AM
Listened to A Kid Named Cudi and 2 more I can't remember the names of.
They were okay, but nothing I was compelled to burn on a disc and ride in the car too, I was generally unimpressed... The only thing I have found less impressive as far as new artists go this year has been Asher Roth's album.
If hip hop ain't dead, it is on the shittiest life support we've seen.

Interesting. Eh. Not like I'm his promoter.

I generally only listen to music in my car. When I get a new album I always listen to like one song on my PC then burn it and listen to the whole album in my car. My Camry has really nice stock speakers for some reason.

Future240
05-13-2009, 09:17 AM
Some of his stuff is good to me, but he is nothing spectacular. I think beat wise, the weirdenss wore off on me so now it just sounds strange. I think he is trying a bit too hard sometimes with the weirdness of his beats. Great potential, but needs a bit of work around the edges.

Genovese.Jr
05-13-2009, 09:26 AM
kid cudi hes straight but he 's no wayne im not a big wayne fan but wayne gots it

Phlip
05-13-2009, 09:36 AM
Interesting. Eh. Not like I'm his promoter.

I generally only listen to music in my car. When I get a new album I always listen to like one song on my PC then burn it and listen to the whole album in my car. My Camry has really nice stock speakers for some reason.

See, I listen to things on the computer before deciding whether it is something I could see myself blowing a disc on to burn in the car, and it just didn't make it there.
No worries, nothing else released in the last 6 months has either.

Future240
05-13-2009, 09:53 AM
See, I listen to things on the computer before deciding whether it is something I could see myself blowing a disc on to burn in the car, and it just didn't make it there.

I usually toss it on the Ipod and listen to it at work to determine its worthiness. Which I have done with kid cudi. I think his beats can make you think he is on the level of kanye, lupe, and nas, though when u actually listen, he is a few levels below them.

exitspeed
05-13-2009, 10:33 AM

I'm ready to buy a new front USB deck for my car just because of that. I'm sick of CD's really. Shit you can buy 8gb thumb drives for next to nothing now. I'm ready to move outta the 90's.

I usually toss it on the Ipod and listen to it at work to determine its worthiness. Which I have done with kid cudi. I think his beats can make you think he is on the level of kanye, lupe, and nas, though when u actually listen, he is a few levels below them.

Not trying to argue but not everyone has to be a Nas, Jay-z, or Kanye to enjoy them. There was a time when I enjoyed Noreaga. lol.

HyperTek
05-14-2009, 12:12 AM
Drake in some concert a few weeks ago?? ... pretty dope when the whole crowd knows the lyrics to your mixtape songs
Was Any1 @ da DRIZZY Concert Friday Nite in H-Town??! - Future Producers (http://www.futureproducers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=294243)

this dude is gonna blow up.. a breath of fresh air for hiphop.

I just hope he doesnt turn into dressing into a typical new hip hop persona like unique glasses with your name spelled on em in whiteout or signature beard or clothing etc.. lol

I'm ready to buy a new front USB deck for my car just because of that. I'm sick of CD's really. Shit you can buy 8gb thumb drives for next to nothing now. I'm ready to move outta the 90's.

i had one of those in my old car, was awesome.. 2 or 4gb memory stick in one = awesome.. never have to shuffle thru cds.. wish i took it out when i traded.

Future240
05-14-2009, 09:15 AM

Not trying to argue but not everyone has to be a Nas, Jay-z, or Kanye to enjoy them. There was a time when I enjoyed Noreaga. lol.

Get a pionner 6000ub. ipod connect shits dope. I know you don't have to be nas and kanye to be enjoyed I mean hell I listen to gucci mane
(shut up Phlip), but he is from that genre so comparisons have to be made. I am not arguing that he isnt good. I am arguing that he isnt great.

Drake in some concert a few weeks ago?? ... pretty dope when the whole crowd knows the lyrics to your mixtape songs
Was Any1 @ da DRIZZY Concert Friday Nite in H-Town??! - Future Producers (http://www.futureproducers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=294243)

this dude is gonna blow up.. a breath of fresh air for hiphop..

Drake came to my school and performed, didn't go tickets were 35-60.

Phlip
05-14-2009, 09:27 AM
I listen to gucci mane

I hate you, Calvin.

Future240
05-14-2009, 10:11 AM
I hate you, Calvin.

:cool: Hate only means jealously

exitspeed
05-14-2009, 10:33 AM
Get a pionner 6000ub. ipod connect shits dope. I know you don't have to be nas and kanye to be enjoyed I mean hell I listen to gucci mane
(shut up Phlip), but he is from that genre so comparisons have to be made. I am not arguing that he isnt good. I am arguing that he isnt great.

Yeah I wouldn't call him great either. But he has some qualities that make me enjoy him. Like I said on the first page he reminds me of Kanye when he came out. Maybe not as good lyrically, but what he's rappin about is just against the norm right now and I like his flow.

Alos for those mentioning his beats and production. He's signed on Kanye's Good Music label and his first legit studio album is being produced by Kanye. So I'm expecting that shit to be hot. I'm hopin for a Jay-Z track.

Oh and I don't have an iPod so that wouldn't do me any good. If Verizon can ink a deal with Apple (which sounds like is going to happen) I'll get an iPhone. But until then I'll be happy using a USB.

Phlip
05-14-2009, 11:15 AM
:cool: Hate only means jealously

No, only to those who listen to Gucci Mane...
It means that I want you to get hit by a bullet train because you listen to that shit.

Future240
05-14-2009, 03:32 PM
Yeah I wouldn't call him great either. But he has some qualities that make me enjoy him. Like I said on the first page he reminds me of Kanye when he came out. Maybe not as good lyrically, but what he's rappin about is just against the norm right now and I like his flow.

Alos for those mentioning his beats and production. He's signed on Kanye's Good Music label and his first legit studio album is being produced by Kanye. So I'm expecting that shit to be hot. I'm hopin for a Jay-Z track.

Oh and I don't have an iPod so that wouldn't do me any good. If Verizon can ink a deal with Apple (which sounds like is going to happen) I'll get an iPhone. But until then I'll be happy using a USB.

Then we are on the same page then. I didn't know kanye was producing the first ablum. I agree it is sure to be worth a listen. I believe he is just a bit green now, in time he will become a great.

Usb will work too. though I see what you mean

No, only to those who listen to Gucci Mane...
It means that I want you to get hit by a bullet train because you listen to that shit.
:fawk:

Gnnr
05-14-2009, 11:23 PM

So what where your last 5 hip hop albums you burned?

Word, me too. I just discovered that existed when my last crutchfield catalog came in! lol I'm so late. Definite must have.

Phlip
05-15-2009, 04:42 AM
So what where your last 5 hip hop albums you burned?

Fuck, have to name 5?
Far and away, hip hop fucking SUCKS lately -- and by lately I mean for over a year now, maybe more. Discussed it at length once semi-recently (http://callmephlip.blogspot.com/2009/04/i-am-sadly-exercising-my-right-to-be.html).

Yesterday in the car on the way to work I listened to Heltah Skeltah's "D.I.R.T." and on the way home and around Scarface's "Emeritus," those and T.I.'s new album are the most recent things I actually listen to.

Future240
05-15-2009, 10:19 AM
Fuck, have to name 5?
Far and away, hip hop fucking SUCKS lately -- and by lately I mean for over a year now, maybe more. Discussed it at length once

That I must agree with. I've been in an album drought for a while now. The mixtape stuff (OJ, Gucci etc.) keeps me from being bored for a while, but I need something real.

I wish the following artists would re-lease a studio album. That would make a happy me:

Lupe Fiasco
Kanye-no fucking auto-tune
Yo Gotti
ICP
Lord Infamous-with good beats
Blaze
Luda-yes I know he just dropped one, but I miss the world of mouth luda

Phlip
05-15-2009, 11:06 AM
Lupe Fiasco
Kanye-no fucking auto-tune
Yo Gotti
ICP
Lord Infamous-with good beats
Blaze
Luda-yes I know he just dropped one, but I miss the world of mouth luda

Lupe is okay to me, I detest his beat selection and featured guests, personally, but I could live with something new from him, though I would likely not buy it.
Kanye has ruined himself with me, I would download and not buy.
Yo Gotti - I want to build a time machine, go back in time and push someone's pregnant grandmother down a flight of stairs. Same applies to OJ da Juiceman and Gucci Mane.
ICP - are you fucking KIDDING me?!!? (for what it's worth, I saw a new Violent J CD in FYE Saturday)
Lord Infamous - not checking for him
Blaze - (see above)
Ludacris has angered me... The mixtape before Theater of the Mind was GREAT, the album not so much. DL without buying.

Fact is that I cannot name the last 5 NEW(ish) albums I burned to discs for the car, and I cannot name the next 5 people whose albums I am HONESTLY looking forward to, save for The Roots.

exitspeed
05-15-2009, 11:31 AM
Lupe is okay to me, I detest his beat selection and featured guests, personally, but I could live with something new from him, though I would likely not buy it.
Yo Gotti - I want to build a time machine, go back in time and push someone's pregnant grandmother down a flight of stairs. Same applies to OJ da Juiceman and Gucci Mane.
ICP - are you fucking KIDDING me?!!? (for what it's worth, I saw a new Violent J CD in FYE Saturday)
Lord Infamous - not checking for him
Blaze - (see above)
Ludacris has angered me... The mixtape before Theater of the Mind was GREAT, the album not so much. DL without buying.

Fact is that I cannot name the last 5 NEW(ish) albums I burned to discs for the car, and I cannot name the next 5 people whose albums I am HONESTLY looking forward to, save for The Roots.

Me either. I can name three that I'm looking forward to though. The Blueprint 3, Rebirth, and Kid Cudi's. That's about it.

s13skank
05-15-2009, 12:22 PM
Yea he's cool and he smokes so yea!

Future240
05-15-2009, 03:30 PM
Ludacris has angered me... The mixtape before Theater of the Mind was GREAT, the album not so much. DL without buying..

I love lupe's beats, daydreaming, little weapon, the cool are some of my favorties beats of his. I agree with you 100% about his guests, he could do a hell of a lot better.

Kanye has a chance to redeem himself. So I am staying optimistic.

The clowns, that is a personal like of mine, nothing something I would actually bring to this thread discussion, same goes for gotti, blaze and infamous.

Luda hm I didn't know there was a mixtape before his last cd. I almost bought it, but something inside told me not to. The reviews were good on amazon, but I just could not bring myself to purchase it.

Yea he's cool and he smokes so yea!
Anything more intelligent to say?

Moon Ill
05-15-2009, 04:50 PM
Dude, Philip

Check Mickey Factz (http://www.myspace.com/itzmickey).

If you disappointed you can ban me on CN or come down to Fayetteville and cut my power off on my computer.

Depth like Lupe, but I think you'll find the beat selection a bit more enjoyable.

If you don't like Mickey, Whale is also very good.

Shit wait, you like Asher Roth.

Then you'll like Charles Hamilton. They sound pretty similar, but different enough to where you can say "Ok, yea."

Think Ja Rule and DMX (just, you know, good)

Phlip
05-15-2009, 04:59 PM
Dude, Philip

Check Mickey Factz (http://www.myspace.com/itzmickey).

If you disappointed you can ban me on CN or come down to Fayetteville and cut my power off on my computer.

Depth like Lupe, but I think you'll find the beat selection a bit more enjoyable.

If you don't like Mickey, Whale is also very good.

Shit wait, you like Asher Roth.

Then you'll like Charles Hamilton. They sound pretty similar, but different enough to where you can say "Ok, yea."

Think Ja Rule and DMX (just, you know, good)

I wouldn't be able to ban you on CN, I am a mod here and not there, you're safe...
I will check it out when I get back in the house, my best friend and I are about to get out and go downtown to The Mellow Mushroom (relax, people, it's a pizza place) without the ladies for a change.

No -- and while I will not say I dislike Asher Roth -- I was terribly unimpressed with Asher Roth's album too, he it TERRIBLY overrated in my opinion. I laughed hard at his album flopping.

I think I heard something from Charles Hamilton once before, but I will revisit those thoughts after I have eaten and all that goodness.

ZenkiCam
05-15-2009, 05:10 PM
listen to this.

Clipse- Kinda like a big deal.

YouTube - Clipse - Kinda Like A Big Deal [Remix] Feat. Kanye West & Bun-B (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yeO0_QN3NU&feature=channel_page)

damiansyadathi
05-18-2009, 02:54 AM
you know how i know you youre.......... you finsh the rest

HyperTek
05-19-2009, 12:57 AM
west coast veterans DJ Quik & Kurupt bringing the heat!
Hey Playa!
YouTube - DJ QUIK & KURUPT - "HEY PLAYA (MOROCCAN BLUES)" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPOhGt7J4FM)
im lovin the beat

They got an album coming out.
I know Quik's flows never appealed to the masses, but i grew up on Quik lol

exitspeed
05-19-2009, 05:51 AM
Hey Playa!
YouTube - DJ QUIK & KURUPT - "HEY PLAYA (MOROCCAN BLUES)" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPOhGt7J4FM)
im lovin the beat

Don't you miss those days. Ahhh back int he days.

I don't know if anyone reads Vibe or not but this month there is a good section about 1998 and how many classic albums actually came out in 98. They mention how you can barely scrape together 5 classics from last year but in 98 there was 50 and they list'em.

Phlip is right...hip hop is dead or close to it.

Phlip
05-19-2009, 07:04 AM
Hey Playa!
im lovin the beat

Kurupt is from Philly, but I was listening to Quik in the car just this weekend, Trauma was the album.

HyperTek
05-19-2009, 08:43 AM
Don't you miss those days. Ahhh back int he days.

I don't know if anyone reads Vibe or not but this month there is a good section about 1998 and how many classic albums actually came out in 98. They mention how you can barely scrape together 5 classics from last year but in 98 there was 50 and they list'em.

Phlip is right...hip hop is dead or close to it.

i got that issue but havent read it yet.. ill take it with me to work.

i like to call the current era "kindergarten rap" lol
easy ABC lyrics lol

I remember reading alot of dudes saying they dont mind the new stuff because girls like it and they get down at clubs to em.. man thats wack.. i could care less if girls like it, they dont have the best taste in music sometimes lol

exitspeed
05-19-2009, 08:59 AM
i got that issue but havent read it yet.. ill take it with me to work.

i like to call the current era "kindergarten rap" lol
easy ABC lyrics lol

I remember reading alot of dudes saying they dont mind the new stuff because girls like it and they get down at clubs to em.. man thats wack.. i could care less if girls like it, they dont have the best taste in music sometimes lol

Pac mastered the "rappin for girls cause it sells records" gig. I'm not even a fan of Pac but he did it so much better then 99.999% of the bs now.

I like to call the current era "ring tone rap". I think someone on here called it that once and that's what I've been callin it ever since.

Phlip
05-19-2009, 09:14 AM
Dude, LOOK at 1998 in hip hop:

January 13: The Lox - "Money, Power & Respect"

March 19: DMX - "It's Dark And Hell Is Hot"

April 28: Big Pun - "Capital Punishment"

July 14: Noreaga - "N.O.R.E."
(act like you didn't like it at first)

July 21: Cam'ron - "Confessions of Fire"

August 25: Mos Def & Talib Kweli - "Blackstar"
Lauryn Hill - "The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill"
Xzibit - "40 Days and 40 Nights"

September 1: Fat Joe - "Don Cartagena"
Kurupt - "Kuruption"
Flipmode Squad - "The Imperial"

September 8: Canibus - "Can-I-Bus"

September 22: Ras Kass - "Rassassination"
(you slept on it)

September 29: Jay-Z - "Vol 2... A Hard Knock Life"
Outkast - "Aquemini"
A Tribe Called Quest - "The Love Movement"

October 19: Vanilla Ice - "Hard To Swallow"

November 10: DJ Quik - "Rhythm-al-ism"

December 1: Jurassic 5 - "Jurassif 5 LP"

December 8: Busta Rhymes - "E.L.E."

December 22: DMX - "Flesh of my Flesh, Blood of my Blood"

Aside from one hidden joke in that list, that is a year that includes classic albums, fucking stellar ones, still pretty good ones, and most at least worth checking out, still not mentioning the stragglers that one MIGHT have picked up on the in-between... I can HONESTLY say that I have not seen a whole year like that SINCE 1998.

exitspeed
05-19-2009, 09:17 AM
AND you forgot Cappadonna The Pillage.

Seriously. A retarded year in hip hop.

And yes I actually loved NORE when he came out. What What is still hot even if his lyrics aren't that great. That beat...

Phlip
05-19-2009, 09:19 AM
AND you forgot Cappadonna The Pillage.

Seriously. A retarded year in hip hop.

I teetered on adding it, I was never a fan of Cappadona's random-ass flow, even though I bought the album. Same applies to RZA, Kool Keith and ODB sometimes. I kinda like the verses to have a direction, instead of randomly punching out silly shit.
If you're gonna spit colorful silly shit, do it like Ghost.

In fact, that list just made the blog.
I typed it out in that post off of memory and found release dates, but did a little more investigative reporting and added some more before posting, here (http://callmephlip.blogspot.com/2009/05/1998-best-year-for-hip-hop-ever.html).

Freddy
05-19-2009, 09:28 AM
drake? hahahahahah dude also an actor, thought he would never make it as a rapper/singer, how the hell is he getting popular in the states?

side note, have you guy ever listen to kidz in the hall, U.N.I or the cool kids

tricky_ab
05-19-2009, 11:08 AM
Right now I'm listening to a few Wiz Khalifa mixtapes. Sounds great (to me). the beats are different and his delivery is great! Download flight school if you guys are looking for something new to listen to.

exitspeed
05-19-2009, 11:12 AM
Ah I know three albums you forgot; Jermaine Depri Life in 1472, Juvenile 400 Degrees, and DJ CLUE The Professional.

JD's album was the first album I ever heard that had a guest appearance on every song. Lets not forget Money Ain't a Thang came from that album. And while rappers talkin about cars, and diamonds now seems juvenile something about Jay-Z doing it just seems ok.

400 Degrees was weird to me when it came out but grew on me like crazy. I still listen to that constantly today. Fresh's production on it was stellar.

DJ Clue's album I only mention because of Ruff Ryders Anthem and Jay-z's verse on Gangsta shit. His flow is soooo melodic and the lyrics are just spit sooo matter of fact on that track.

Phlip
05-19-2009, 11:22 AM
Ah I know three albums you forgot; Jermaine Depri Life in 1472, Juvenile 400 Degrees, and DJ CLUE The Professional.

JD's album was the first album I ever heard that had a guest appearance on every song. Lets not forget Money Ain't a Thang came from that album. And while rappers talkin about cars, and diamonds now seems juvenile something about Jay-Z doing it just seems ok.

400 Degrees was weird to me when it came out but grew on me like crazy. I still listen to that constantly today. Fresh's production on it was stellar.

DJ Clue's album I only mention because of Ruff Ryders Anthem and Jay-z's verse on Gangsta shit. His flow is soooo melodic and the lyrics are just spit sooo matter of fact on that track.

Of those, the only one I did not and still have not owned is Jermaine Dupri, all were added to that post though.
Onyx's "Shut Em Down" was left off intentionally.

exitspeed
05-19-2009, 11:33 AM
Of those, the only one I did not and still have not owned is Jermaine Dupri, all were added to that post though.
Onyx's "Shut Em Down" was left off intentionally.

The more you think of that year more insane it sounds.

Vibe lists 50 albums they consider classics from that year. Now even if someone only liked half of the artists you'd be going to Best Buy every other week to buy a new album.

I remember doing that too. I couldn't wait to check the Sunday paper to see the new releases (I didn't have the internet or a computer back then). And I'd be there right at 10am when they opened to get the new shit.

Man I miss that.

You're right. I blame the fans.

Phlip
05-19-2009, 11:42 AM
The more you think of that year more insane it sounds.

Vibe lists 50 albums they consider classics from that year. Now even if someone only liked half of the artists you'd be going to Best Buy every other week to buy a new album.

I remember doing that too. I couldn't wait to check the Sunday paper to see the new releases (I didn't have the internet or a computer back then). And I'd be there right at 10am when they opened to get the new shit.

Man I miss that.

You're right. I blame the fans.

I want to see that list...
I know I was in the store every week for new shit, on my way from class to work. I was a Sunday paper checker, because having websites was not near as common as it is now, so I NEEDED to check The Source and the newspaper to know what was coming out.

The comments are hilarious, I had Wayne about to call me all kinds of motherfuckers over one entry in my list until he got to my commentary at the end, lmao.

exitspeed
05-19-2009, 03:45 PM
I'll post it up later.

Future240
05-19-2009, 06:47 PM
drake? hahahahahah dude also an actor, thought he would never make it as a rapper/singer, how the hell is he getting popular in the states?

side note, have you guy ever listen to kidz in the hall, U.N.I or the cool kids

Because he can actually rap. I have listen to his one of his mixtapes, it is actually pretty good. You can tell he is still green, but he has nice potential.

Freddy
05-19-2009, 10:28 PM
Because he can actually rap. I have listen to his one of his mixtapes, it is actually pretty good. You can tell he is still green, but he has nice potential.

guess i got to give boy a chance

HyperTek
05-19-2009, 10:42 PM
alot of his stuff tho is for teh girls lol
but he can hold his own. theres a page article about him in this months vibe as well.. I guess he was signed under lil Wayne's Young Money label. but his music is a fresh breath of air compared to all the cookie cutters.

Future240
05-20-2009, 07:29 AM
alot of his stuff tho is for teh girls lol
but he can hold his own. theres a page article about him in this months vibe as well.. I guess he was signed under lil Wayne's Young Money label. but his music is a fresh breath of air compared to all the cookie cutters.

I agree a few songs are kind of on the females side, but he can definitely hold his own. It is kind of funny to hear him rap with lil wayne since he is above wayne lyrically. When he raps with drake wayne tries to step it up a bit, he he still isn't on drake's level.

Kid cudi and drake would with beats made by lupe's camp and kanye would make a great mixtape.

drifter101
05-20-2009, 08:12 AM
anybody listen to the new black out 2 yet?

Phlip
05-20-2009, 08:46 AM
anybody listen to the new black out 2 yet?

Downloaded it, but haven't bothered listening to it yet, I may get around to that this weekend.
I have low expectations for weed rappers who wait 10 years to follow up on good albums.

Bobafreak
05-21-2009, 03:00 PM
i feel hes a lil kanye. day and night crookers mix i like because of the house mixed into it. other than that he could be kanyes hype man.

HyperTek
05-21-2009, 06:46 PM
Hi, i like every song they play on the radio.. I am currently feeling Ya boy fpr that song we run La, and i bump Flo Rida right round all day,.. than some Lady Gaga.. I am a trend follower, i wear whatever Kayne wears.

lmao

Future240
05-24-2009, 12:36 AM
Listened to more kid cudi today. He has some really nice beats and some good flow. I am convinced with a bit more seasoning he could put out an album worth actually buying.

Phlip
05-24-2009, 02:10 PM
Listened to "Dat Kid From Cleveland" right now...

Sorry, still can't be impressed with this. It is not that he is necessarily bad, so much that I am unentertained. His flow does not engage me, nothing about it makes me care more than I did when I was putting the damned thing in WinAmp...

These beats are not terribly engaging to me, as the lack of album-context presentation makes my mind RUN back to "mixtape beats" as a thought, which is NEVER a good thought to have when trying to hash an artist out.

Sorry Mel, I was initially unimpressed with "Day N Night" and it appears more that Cudi is more trying to sell himself as an "I'm not a 'mainstream' rapper, so I MUST be good" kind of rapper, and I am about sick of that shit.

Future240
05-24-2009, 07:04 PM
Listened to "Dat Kid From Cleveland" right now...

Sorry, still can't be impressed with this. It is not that he is necessarily bad, so much that I am unentertained. His flow does not engage me, nothing about it makes me care more than I did when I was putting the damned thing in WinAmp...

These beats are not terribly engaging to me, as the lack of album-context presentation makes my mind RUN back to "mixtape beats" as a thought, which is NEVER a good thought to have when trying to hash an artist out.

While I am not saying he is great, I believe that he has great potential. I agree that his lyrics while it has nice rhyme structure on some songs, the actual content contains nothing that makes you double take. (Nas's song in reverse)

But I see room for growth.

Wouldn't the lack of album-context makes sense since he doesn't have an album and what he does is mixtapes?

Have you heard this song?

mwAHDYoybEU

Phlip
05-24-2009, 07:43 PM
While I am not saying he is great, I believe that he has great potential. I agree that his lyrics while it has nice rhyme structure on some songs, the actual content contains nothing that makes you double take. (Nas's song in reverse)

But I see room for growth.

Wouldn't the lack of album-context makes sense since he doesn't have an album and what he does is mixtapes?

Have you heard this song?

mwAHDYoybEU

Maybe it is me, I am used to mixtape rappers dropping one-liners and making me yell "HO-LEE FUCK!!!," which in turn leads to the purchase of an album -- not to fucking bore me to tears.
I am still not impressed.
Yes, I heard the song, considering it is track 14 on the mixtape I said I was listening to. I even took issue with IT. There are some songs you do not touch. Songs that reside on one of my 5 favorite albums ever will NATURALLY fall into that groove. I will not take time to CARE that Consequence is Q-Tip's cousin.

Future240
05-25-2009, 12:53 AM
Maybe it is me, I am used to mixtape rappers dropping one-liners and making me yell "HO-LEE FUCK!!!," which in turn leads to the purchase of an album -- not to fucking bore me to tears.
I am still not impressed.
Yes, I heard the song, considering it is track 14 on the mixtape I said I was listening to. I even took issue with IT. There are some songs you do not touch. Songs that reside on one of my 5 favorite albums ever will NATURALLY fall into that groove. I will not take time to CARE that Consequence is Q-Tip's cousin.

Well damn. What are some of those mixtapes you were referring to?

The last type I did that when was I listening to a gucci mixtape, and it wasn't because it was good a good line.

Bobafreak
05-25-2009, 01:08 AM
Hi, i like every song they play on the radio.. I am currently feeling Ya boy fpr that song we run La, and i bump Flo Rida right round all day,.. than some Lady Gaga.. I am a trend follower, i wear whatever Kayne wears.

lmao

wooo no wonder why your not on zt... fail ass jokes.. anyway. still dont like him. phlip saw your list and i do have to add

gangstar-moment of truth
big L-The big picture

Lately i been listening to little brother and poohs mixtape justus for all. So many funny lines it brightens my day when shit went sour. fav tracks
Little Brother & Skillz - Life of the Party, Little Brother - Never Leave

Phlip
05-25-2009, 05:34 AM
wooo no wonder why your not on zt... fail ass jokes.. anyway. still dont like him. phlip saw your list and i do have to add

gangstar-moment of truth
big L-The big picture

Lately i been listening to little brother and poohs mixtape justus for all. So many funny lines it brightens my day when shit went sour. fav tracks
Little Brother & Skillz - Life of the Party, Little Brother - Never Leave

The list on the blog is more complete and includes both of those.

I listen to Little Brother all the time too, and it is not just because they're from where I'm from.

Matej
05-25-2009, 05:56 AM
How about these bros?

V4CQ8d2CXyI
Wro1-dQPHIg
rsiTur9EiHk
m4yjOEtsRTE

HyperTek
05-25-2009, 10:54 AM

that was years ago who cares.. zt is only special to the small handful of guys on it. Theres other things out there, you shouldnt follow it like they are some gods lol

Bobafreak
05-25-2009, 11:10 AM
yeeee whateva anyway. on b2t that pusher video is pretty fresh. Im going to check more on this artist.

Bubbles
05-25-2009, 11:28 AM
I've been listening to Midnight Marauders for the last 3 months straight in my car, it is so scratched I'm going to have to burn a new copy.

However, I like Kid Cudi.

exitspeed
05-31-2009, 02:49 PM
Phlip, here is Vibe's list for the best 50 albums of 1998 in order.

1. Outkast - Aquemini

2. Jay-Z - Vol 2...Hard Knock life

3. DMX - It's Dark and Hell is Hot

4. Lauryn Hill - The Miseducation...

5. Big Pun - Capitol Punishment

6. Gang Starr - Moment of Truth

7. Juvenile - 400 Degrees

8. Busta Rhymes - Extinction Level Event

9. Black Star - Mos & Talib are Black Star

10. Master P - MP Da Last Don

11. Eightball - Lost

12. Goodie Mob - Still Standing

13. MOP - First Fam 4 Life

14. Def Squad - El Nino

15. Young Bleed - All I have in this World...

16. Witchdoctor - ...A SWAT Healin Ritual

17. Noreaga - NORE

18. Trick Daddy - TRICK DADDY :: THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE (http://www.thug.com)

19. Snoop - Da Game is to be Sold...

20. Show & AG - Full Scale

21. Devin the Dude - The Dude

22. Daz - Retaliation, Revenge, and Get Back

23. Silkk the Shocker - Charge it 2 da Game

24. The Coup - Steal this Album

25. Mystikal - Ghetto Fabulous

26. Cappadonna - The Pillage

27. Scarface - My Homies

28. Pete Rock Soul Survivor

29. P. A. - Straight No Chase

30. Jermaine Dupri - Life in 1472 The Original Soundtrack

31. Jay-Z/ Various Artists - Streets is Watching Soundtrack

32. E-40 - The Element of Surprise

33. Redman - Doc's da Name 2000

34. Brand Nubian - FOundation

35. Canibus - Can-I-Bus

36. Lord Tariq & Peter Guns- Make it Reigh

37. The Lox - Money, Power, Respect

38. Fat Joe - Don Cartegena

39. Kool G Rap - Roots of Evil

40. A Tribe Called Quest - The Love Movement

41. Ras Kass - Rasassanation

42. Ice Cube - War and Peace Vol 1

43. Killah Priest - Heavy Mental

44. Rza - Bobby Digital

45. Fiend - There's On in Every Family

46. DJ Quick - Rhythm-ai-ism

47. C-Murder - Life or Death

48. WC - The Shadiest One

49. DJ Clue - The Proffessional

50. DMX - FLesh of My Flesh...

Phlip
06-01-2009, 08:41 AM
Phlip, here is Vibe's list for the best 50 albums of 1998 in order.

1. Outkast - Aquemini

2. Jay-Z - Vol 2...Hard Knock life

3. DMX - It's Dark and Hell is Hot

4. Lauryn Hill - The Miseducation...

5. Big Pun - Capitol Punishment

6. Gang Starr - Moment of Truth

7. Juvenile - 400 Degrees

8. Busta Rhymes - Extinction Level Event

9. Black Star - Mos & Talib are Black Star

10. Master P - MP Da Last Don

11. Eightball - Lost

12. Goodie Mob - Still Standing

13. MOP - First Fam 4 Life

14. Def Squad - El Nino

15. Young Bleed - All I have in this World...

16. Witchdoctor - ...A SWAT Healin Ritual

17. Noreaga - NORE

18. Trick Daddy - TRICK DADDY :: THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE (http://www.thug.com)

19. Snoop - Da Game is to be Sold...

20. Show & AG - Full Scale

21. Devin the Dude - The Dude

22. Daz - Retaliation, Revenge, and Get Back

23. Silkk the Shocker - Charge it 2 da Game

24. The Coup - Steal this Album

25. Mystikal - Ghetto Fabulous

26. Cappadonna - The Pillage

27. Scarface - My Homies

28. Pete Rock Soul Survivor

29. P. A. - Straight No Chase

30. Jermaine Dupri - Life in 1472 The Original Soundtrack

31. Jay-Z/ Various Artists - Streets is Watching Soundtrack

32. E-40 - The Element of Surprise

33. Redman - Doc's da Name 2000

34. Brand Nubian - FOundation

35. Canibus - Can-I-Bus

36. Lord Tariq & Peter Guns- Make it Reigh

37. The Lox - Money, Power, Respect

38. Fat Joe - Don Cartegena

39. Kool G Rap - Roots of Evil

40. A Tribe Called Quest - The Love Movement

41. Ras Kass - Rasassanation

42. Ice Cube - War and Peace Vol 1

43. Killah Priest - Heavy Mental

44. Rza - Bobby Digital

45. Fiend - There's On in Every Family

46. DJ Quick - Rhythm-ai-ism

47. C-Murder - Life or Death

48. WC - The Shadiest One

49. DJ Clue - The Proffessional

50. DMX - FLesh of My Flesh...

Vibe is out of their fucking minds, but I guess if they had to pick 50 that would be it... The order is all wrong, but I don't care enough to try correcting it though.

HyperTek
06-01-2009, 11:19 PM
yeah soo many no limit albums on there lol....

exitspeed
06-02-2009, 07:09 AM
Vibe is out of their fucking minds, but I guess if they had to pick 50 that would be it... The order is all wrong, but I don't care enough to try correcting it though.

Yeah minus the No limit albums and making Hard Knock Life #1 would make the list more realistic.

Phlip
06-02-2009, 07:22 AM
Yeah minus the No limit albums and making Hard Knock Life #1 would make the list more realistic.

The sheer volume of what was released makes it weird, but I am about of the opinion that they had the top of the list nailed down.
You're a Jay-Z Stan so you would naturally make him first. I would move DMX to 8 or 9, and Juvenile to just outside the top 10, Mos & Kweli to 3, put Pete Rock to the first available spot outside of the top 15, move all the No Limit albums except for Mystikal's -- which was actually decent -- (yes, even that shitty Snoop album) to the bottom of the list, DJ Quik would get a top-20 spot, as would Redman, The LOX and Tribe.
The rest of the list would happen as it happens.

Being subjective about these things is what makes it nigh impossible to construct such lists, which is why I put them in order of release dates on the blog.

Future240
06-02-2009, 08:18 AM
Anyone pickup blackout II? I missed the first one due to age, but I am curious about the second.

Phlip
06-02-2009, 09:21 AM
Anyone pickup blackout II? I missed the first one due to age, but I am curious about the second.

I downloaded it, but it was panned by a critic who I read often, and usually agree with the opinion of, so I have not made time to listen to it yet.

Future240
06-12-2009, 01:41 PM
I downloaded it, but it was panned by a critic who I read often, and usually agree with the opinion of, so I have not made time to listen to it yet.

Spun it yet?

I have been listening to more Kid cudi. He is really growing on me. Him and Drake both.

Phlip
06-12-2009, 02:36 PM
Spun it yet?

I have been listening to more Kid cudi. He is really growing on me. Him and Drake both.

Oops, nope sure didn't.
I MIGHT do that this weekend.

And speaking of Drake...

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/7840/drakesj.jpg

Yes, perhaps I am a bastard for that.
Whatever.

I am just not buying this fake internets buzz that is applied to so many rappers these days, like Asher Roth, Cudi and Drake just to name 3. The fucking FLOP of Roth's album shows that I was probably right. I am just not feeling them as much as, say, Slaughterhouse, but that is a group of individuals who I have listened to and liked --separately, mind you -- for like 10 years now.

Matej
06-12-2009, 03:13 PM
Drake 'rapped' over Lykke Li's A Little Bit.

ezCgqTWjATE

Then there's a remix of that with Mickey Factz, haha.

7iw35333jLg

Future240
06-12-2009, 08:01 PM
I am just not buying this fake internets buzz that is applied to so many rappers these days, like Asher Roth, Cudi and Drake just to name 3. The fucking FLOP of Roth's album shows that I was probably right. I am just not feeling them as much as, say, Slaughterhouse, but that is a group of individuals who I have listened to and liked --separately, mind you -- for like 10 years now.

I started listening to his music to see what the buzz was about. but unlike the others I can see his music for what it is.

IMO Drake:
A blend of north and south. His beats are not as bass heavy, tweeter filled and fast paced as some southern music, but it is not the "guy standing on a corner rapping in a hoody while its cold" sound either.

His lyrics are okay. Better than a lot of people in the south. He is levels of rappers like Oj, project pat etc. But he is also leagues below artists like Nas, Lupe, etc.

His combo of R&B and rap make him versatile. Its is kind of cool to hear him flow on a song, then on the next one start singing. I am not that big of and R&B fan, but I like his song "Brand New" it has so much truth behind it.

I believe he has potential to make it in the industry with the right people behind him. He has definte room to grow. I have a feeling he will get more lyrical the longer he goes.

IMO Kid Cudi:
His beats seems a bit of north a bit of south and a bit of strange. The strange part of his beats at first seem weird, but have a tendency to grow on me.

His lyrics to me seem to be a bit below Drake's. He doesn't spit anything that makes you have to rewind. (not saying that drake does either) but he doesn't put out dumb shit either. His lyrics remind me of a person talking, but just happens to rhyme.

He sometimes harmonizes while he raps, while he is definitely no singer, it works when he does it.

Like Drake if he has the right people behind I believe he can succeed. I see room for him to grow.

Now this is what I think about these two artists. If you don't agree, then okay fine. It is just an opinion. You are entitled to yours just like I am mine.

exitspeed
06-13-2009, 06:24 AM
I actually don't like Drake. I listened to a mixtape and thought the tone of his voice and his flow were just extremely boring. I couldn't get past that to really feel his lyrics.

Future240
06-13-2009, 11:56 AM
I actually don't like Drake. I listened to a mixtape and thought the tone of his voice and his flow were just extremely boring. I couldn't get past that to really feel his lyrics.

Really? Which mixtape did you listen to?

S14DB
06-13-2009, 12:42 PM
Drake was on with Jamie Foxx on Conan last night. Yeah, he sucks...

mpjFT1AkoK4

Why the fuck is he staring at the ground and shit? Can't remember the lyrics?

exitspeed
06-16-2009, 06:53 AM
Why the fuck is he staring at the ground and shit? Can't remember the lyrics?

Nervous, cause he sucks. That was a lame ass performance.

Phlip
06-16-2009, 07:27 AM
Nervous, cause he sucks. That was a lame ass performance.

Agreed, very much agreed.
His innernetz buzz is fake and undeserved. I love when reality smacks these motherfuckers in the face.

HyperTek
06-16-2009, 08:28 AM
well honestly not many people sound good in concert lol
he just doesnt have the looks of a rapper, just an average joe lol

Phlip
06-16-2009, 08:53 AM
he just doesnt have the looks of a rapper, just an average joe lol
That's the problem right there, he is about as entertaining as an average Joe, which is to say "not at fucking all"

exitspeed
06-16-2009, 09:23 AM
That's the problem right there, he is about as entertaining as an average Joe, which is to say "not at fucking all"

Yeah that's how I feel bout him. His lyrics are ok at best, and his flow is insanely boring to me. He just doesn't bring anything to the table.

Future240
06-16-2009, 09:33 AM
Yeah that's how I feel bout him. His lyrics are ok at best, and his flow is insanely boring to me. He just doesn't bring anything to the table.

After thinking about it, I can see why yall don't care for drake. I spent years bumping Three 6 Mafia, Jeezy, etc. so lyrically drake is quite above what I am used to. Yall coming from much more lyrical sources Drake is a downgrade.

Drake's flow is kind of lax most of the time with little variation, but I kind of like that.

Phlip
06-16-2009, 09:38 AM
After thinking about it, I can see why yall don't care for drake. I spent years bumping Three 6 Mafia, Jeezy, etc. so lyrically drake is quite above what I am used to. Yall coming from much more lyrical sources Drake is a downgrade.

Drake's flow is kind of lax most of the time with little variation, but I kind of like that.

How bout those PM's you got, homie

exitspeed
06-16-2009, 09:57 AM

Hey I like Cudi so I'm willing to skimp lyrically, but he just doesn't have the personality that someone like Cudi has. Cudi might not even be as dope lyrically but his personality makes up for it for me.

And don't let us old guys fool you. We listened/listen to so pretty lyrically simple stuff. 2 Life Crew, Too Short, ODB just to name a few...lyrically, none of them are a Biggie, Jay-Z, Pac, etc etc, but their personalities and flow MORE then made up for it. Despite their lyrics being so simple, they all had hugely successful and long careers. Ever hear the phrase "it's not what you say. It's how you say it." That's it in a nutshell.

It's how Drake is sayin it that bores me to death.

drifter101
06-16-2009, 11:58 AM
how do people feel about the cool kids? i mean their internet buzz has been going on for a while, and are on the brink of releasing an official album. and i do believe their beat was showcased on one of those kobe/lebron muppets commercials. the one where theyre playing one on one (unless they took the beat from elsewhere idk).

Future240
06-16-2009, 06:59 PM
How bout those PM's you got, homie

Tonight it shall begin.