PDA

View Full Version : Swine Flu Outbreak?

ThatGuy
04-25-2009, 02:57 PM
8 Students in New York City have tested positive for what they believe is "Swine Flu". Swine Flu has killed 68 people in Mexico City.

Officials Say 8 NYC Prep School Students Probably Have Swine Flu - wcbstv.com (http://wcbstv.com/health/swine.flu.nyc.2.994071.html)

NYC Zilvians, get your asses vaccinated!

shade
04-25-2009, 04:52 PM
Avian, Swine.. what's next? Bovine flu?

Regional section!:l101:

jk.

I do not like the pinks, lol.

FRpilot
04-25-2009, 04:54 PM
funny that you mentioned it after i read this article

WHO declares international concern over swine flu (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090425/ap_on_re_eu/un_un_mexico_swine_flu)

and watched this newscast

Yahoo! (http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=3906861&cl=13156624&ch=4226723&src=news)

video says that 6 confirmed cases in southern california, 2 in texas, and tons in mexico and they are testing the new york area to see if its the same strain.

WHO are worried it has the potential to become a new virus.

ThatGuy
04-25-2009, 04:57 PM
There is also a case in Kansas. It can spread everywhere.

Thus it is in the "World" region. :p

ESmorz
04-25-2009, 04:58 PM
Fear The Flu!

shade
04-25-2009, 05:01 PM
Holy crap, there are cases in Southern California too.

flip3d
04-25-2009, 05:02 PM
kansas? gtfo. no wai.

DataXUnknown
04-25-2009, 05:37 PM
I'm not worried about this flu really... if it's my time, then so be it.

/emo line

lol no but really flu's are dumb

soreballz
04-25-2009, 05:47 PM
I've been pissing through my ass all day... ZOMG, I HAS TEH SWINE FLUZ!

exitspeed
04-25-2009, 07:11 PM
As long as the people don't start turning into zombies...

ronmcdon
04-25-2009, 07:13 PM
Seems to be a lot of uncertainty according to the sources.

good-
About the 8 infected in CA and TX, all appear to have been cured.
Doc in the newscast says that existing treatment seems to work well.
No actual deaths in the US, as a result of the swine virus as of yet.

bad-
'swine virus' is a combo of AVIAN, swine, & human virus.
sort of scary that it could be an evolution of the original sars.
you can get it from ppl to ppl, not just via working with swine.

also, no mention of whether or not you can get this via eating pork.

ESmorz
04-25-2009, 07:26 PM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y36/AvrilH8er13/wio.gif

ThatGuy
04-25-2009, 07:29 PM
^Sorry, but your most recent useless post whore picture doesn't seem to be working. Perhaps you'll have to actually add something to a conversation.

ESmorz
04-25-2009, 07:43 PM
Ooo oh got me there.

ThatGuy
04-25-2009, 07:48 PM
Check your computer, Fogey.

"Checked" whipper snapper.

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/9552/useless.jpg

ESmorz
04-25-2009, 07:58 PM
Swine Influenza and You What is swine flu? Swine Influenza (swine flu) is a respiratory disease of pigs caused by type A influenza viruses. Outbreaks of swine flu happen regularly in pigs. People do not normally get swine flu, but human infections can and do happen. Most commonly, human cases of swine flu happen in people who are around pigs but it’s possible for swine flu viruses to spread from person to person also. Are there human infections with swine flu in the U.S.? In late March and early April 2009, cases of human infection with swine influenza A (H1N1) viruses were first reported in Southern California and near San Antonio, Texas. CDC and local and state health agencies are working together to investigate this situation. Is this swine flu virus contagious? CDC has determined that this virus is contagious and is spreading from human to human. However, at this time, it not known how easily the virus spreads between people. What are the signs and symptoms of swine flu in people? The symptoms of swine flu in people are similar to the symptoms of regular human flu and include fever, cough, sore throat, body aches, headache, chills and fatigue. Some people have reported diarrhea and vomiting associated with swine flu. In the past, severe illness (pneumonia and respiratory failure) and deaths have been reported with swine flu infection in people. Like seasonal flu, swine flu may cause a worsening of underlying chronic medical conditions. How serious is swine flu infection? Like seasonal flu, swine flu in humans can vary in severity from mild to severe. Between 2005 until January 2009, 12 human cases of swine flu were detected in the U.S. with no deaths occurring. However, swine flu infection can be serious. In September 1988, a previously healthy 32-year-old pregnant woman in Wisconsin was hospitalized for pneumonia after being infected with swine flu and died 8 days later. A swine flu outbreak in Fort Dix, New Jersey occurred in 1976 that caused more than 200 cases with serious illness in several people and one death. How do you catch swine flu? Spread of swine flu can occur in two ways: Through contact with infected pigs or environments contaminated with swine flu viruses. Through contact with a person with swine flu. Human-to-human spread of swine flu has been documented also and is thought to occur in the same way as seasonal flu. Influenza is thought to spread mainly person-to-person through coughing or sneezing of infected people. Are there medicines to treat swine flu? Yes. CDC recommends the use of oseltamivir or zanamivir for the treatment and/or prevention of infection with these swine influenza viruses. Antiviral drugs are prescription medicines (pills, liquid or an inhaler) that fight against the flu by keeping flu viruses from reproducing in your body. If you get sick, antiviral drugs can make your illness milder and make you feel better faster. They may also prevent serious flu complications. For treatment, antiviral drugs work best if started soon after getting sick (within 2 days of symptoms). How long can an infected person spread swine flu to others? People with swine influenza virus infection should be considered potentially contagious as long as they are symptomatic and possible for up to 7 days following illness onset. Children, especially younger children, might potentially be contagious for longer periods. What can I do to protect myself from getting sick? There is no vaccine available right now to protect against swine flu. There are everyday actions that can help prevent the spread of germs that cause respiratory illnesses like influenza. Take these everyday steps to protect your health: Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it. Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. Alcohol-based hand cleaners are also effective. Try to avoid close contact with sick people. If you get sick with influenza, CDC recommends that you stay home from work or school and limit contact with others to keep from infecting them. Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs spread this way. What should I do if I get sick? If you live in San Diego County or Imperial County California or Guadalupe County, Texas and become ill with influenza-like symptoms, including fever, body aches, runny nose, sore throat, nausea, or vomiting or diarrhea, you may want to contact their health care provider, particularly if you are worried about your symptoms. Your health care provider will determine whether influenza testing or treatment is needed. If you are sick, you should stay home and avoid contact with other people as much as possible to keep from spreading your illness to others. If you become ill and experience any of the following warning signs, seek emergency medical care. In children emergency warning signs that need urgent medical attention include: Fast breathing or trouble breathing Bluish skin color Not drinking enough fluids Not waking up or not interacting Being so irritable that the child does not want to be held Flu-like symptoms improve but then return with fever and worse cough Fever with a rash In adults, emergency warning signs that need urgent medical attention include: Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath Pain or pressure in the chest or abdomen Sudden dizziness Confusion Severe or persistent vomiting Can I get swine influenza from eating or preparing pork? No. Swine influenza viruses are not spread by food. You cannot get swine influenza from eating pork or pork products. Eating properly handled and cooked pork products is safe.

Investigations are ongoing to determine the source of the infection and whether additional people have been infected with similar swine influenza viruses.

CDC is working very closely with state and local officials in California, Texas, as well as with health officials in Mexico, Canada and the World Health Organization. On April 24th, CDC deployed 7 epidemiologists to San Diego County, California and Imperial County, California and 1 senior medical officer to Texas to provide guidance and technical support for the ongoing epidemiologic field investigations. CDC has also deployed to Mexico 1 medical officer and 1 senior expert who are part of a global team that is responding to the outbreak of respiratory illnesses in Mexico.

Influenza is thought to spread mainly person-to-person through coughing or sneezing of infected people. There are many things you can to do preventing getting and spreading influenza:

There are everyday actions people can take to stay healthy.
Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. Alcohol-based hands cleaners are also effective.
Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs spread that way.

Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
Influenza is thought to spread mainly person-to-person through coughing or sneezing of infected people.
If you get sick, CDC recommends that you stay home from work or school and limit contact with others to keep from infecting them.

http://johnfenzel.typepad.com/john_fenzels_blog/images/2007/04/30/panflu.jpg

WE'RE ALL GONNA FUCKING DIE!

3ZlDZPYzfm4

Bubbles
04-25-2009, 11:41 PM
^Sorry, but your most recent useless post whore picture doesn't seem to be working. Perhaps you'll have to actually add something to a conversation.

Ha ha.

(Kelso voice)
BURN

ha ha

SexPanda
04-25-2009, 11:47 PM
This is why I don't pork fat chicks

pun intended. Fat chick STD, don't let them fool you.

and I love how its killed 68 people in mexico city. Half of the population of that city uses ditches on the side of the road as a toilet, and its in a fucking closed valley surrounded by mountains.

Im sure 68 people A DAY die from dyssentary in that city.

Helghast
04-25-2009, 11:59 PM
http://www.eatsleepgeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/walking-dead.jpg

EVERYONE GET OUT YOUR SURVIVAL BOOK.

mRclARK1
04-26-2009, 12:37 AM
Meh... I'm immune to everything on the planet it seems. I get colds. That's about it.

I've had people with the flu, who just had the flu, or a few days later developed the flu, basically anything you name in close proximity, talked with them, shared drinks and even saliva with one particular female...

Still haven't had it...

Never had the chicken pox either. Yes... I've been exposed several times as well as an adult. My immune system is a fucking machine. :rawk: haha

flip3d
04-26-2009, 05:03 AM
Yes, zombies. Time to invest in that Beretta 12 gauge I saw at Wal-Mart the other day...

kim_jong_il
04-26-2009, 01:15 PM
Well so far only mexicans have died and americans are recovering. Believe that is more of a testament to the differences in our health systems and sanitary conditions. No but it sucks this thing is potentially deadly. I'm flying through JFK from Dubai on Friday on my way to VA. Guess I'll be kitted out like a Japanese office drone with a surgeon's mask.

ronmcdon
04-26-2009, 02:29 PM
Well so far only mexicans have died and americans are recovering. Believe that is more of a testament to the differences in our health systems and sanitary conditions.

Yeah that's what I was thinking too.
On the same note, it's difficult to say if their health system was good at curing even regular flus.
Mexico city is one of the most toxic cities to live in considering the air pollution.
For those of us living in the US, we should only be looking at fatalities in the US.
SO FAR, it's not really not much of a threat at all.
Definitely negligible compared to say SARS.

CrimsonRockett
04-26-2009, 02:32 PM
Unless it finds its way inside my house, I doubt I'll catch it.

I'll be in my cave, thanks.

ESmorz
04-26-2009, 03:54 PM
I'm not going to Jack In the Box until all of this blows over.

spoolandslide
04-26-2009, 04:36 PM
Meh... I'm immune to everything on the planet it seems. I get colds. That's about it.

I've had people with the flu, who just had the flu, or a few days later developed the flu, basically anything you name in close proximity, talked with them, shared drinks and even saliva with one particular female...

Still haven't had it...

Never had the chicken pox either. Yes... I've been exposed several times as well as an adult. My immune system is a fucking machine. :rawk: haha

so.... you pretty much think you can fuck any crack whore and walk away no problem?

Well so far only mexicans have died and americans are recovering.

i didn't know that a virus could hold any prejudices

enkei2k
04-26-2009, 08:32 PM
damn this is scaring me...maybe i should quarentine myself...shittt...nah no way. just stay away from certain people.

Bubbles
04-26-2009, 09:25 PM
so.... you pretty much think you can fuck any crack whore and walk away no problem?

If only.

If only.

Jimmy Up
04-26-2009, 10:04 PM
7 cases in California...

I work at a fuckin bank. If I go zombie, I'll be down for the thriller remake- anybody else who goes can pm me if they are interested in joining.

SochBAT
04-26-2009, 10:37 PM
I'm down.

lets roll!

SoguRacing
04-26-2009, 10:43 PM
I have a sore throat

SochBAT
04-26-2009, 10:55 PM
^^^

Whats his name?

ryguy
04-26-2009, 11:13 PM
My history class just studied the worldwide outbreak of Cholera, and there are a lot of parallels between the three worldwide Cholera epidemics and this Swine Flu outbreak. The Cholera outbreaks got progressively less devastating as hygiene got better, and I expect that this will hit underdeveloped regions a LOT worse than modern cities. In the 1800s, New York City was the dirtiest city in America, and cholera was less a problem as the city got cleaner.

ESmorz
04-26-2009, 11:19 PM
I have a sore throat

Keep in mind this is also a time when A LOT of people have regular colds and flu's too.

I imagine the ER is hell right now.

(p.s. It's staggering the amount of teenagers that don't even know about this. I brought it up at two parties over the weekend, and at a kickback tonight, and no one knew what the fuck I was talking about...)

BustedS13
04-26-2009, 11:49 PM
at least it'll never spread to Madagascar
they shut down everything

SoguRacing
04-27-2009, 02:01 AM
^^^

Whats his name?

haha no worries man. :ghey:

thought we should all be weary :hide:

Bubbles
04-27-2009, 03:04 PM
I brought it up at two parties over the weekend, and at a kickback tonight,

Must have been some crazy parties.

Or are you such a worldwide connoisseur and spiritual lyricist that you can weave the current hot topics into the heated debate of which beverage is more suitable to the taste, one Pabst Blue Ribbon or the ever popular Budweiser Light.

ESmorz
04-27-2009, 04:08 PM

Or are you such a worldwide connoisseur and spiritual lyricist that you can weave the current hot topics into the heated debate of which beverage is more suitable to the taste, one Pabst Blue Ribbon or the ever popular Budweiser Light.

You're less interesting when you're sober.

Fire pits, parties winding down, people get to talking.

theicecreamdan
04-28-2009, 12:10 AM
I don't see what the big deal is. Its another flu virus, what else is new? 68 people in a giant nasty ass city got sick and died and a few people around the U.S. got sick.

There are probably more deadly viruses and bacteria in your carpet than there are people throughout the history of the earth.

If you're really worried about this, then wash your hands a couple extra times during the day and eat your fruits and vegetables.

unlegendary
04-28-2009, 12:22 AM
if you have basic health insurance and you conscience of your hygiene then you should be good. it's already been noted that people were infected and survived.

Gnnr
04-28-2009, 12:36 AM
I'm more worried about the Meningitis outbreak we have down here. WTF is going with these disease outbreaks?

Meningitis outbreak reported in Miami - UPI.com (http://www.upi.com/Health_News/2009/04/25/Meningitis-outbreak-reported-in-Miami/UPI-50811240695659/)

He hangs out with The Most Interesting Man In The World.

http://files.coloribus.com/files/paedia/print/part_19/196717/preview_600_787.jpg

ronmcdon
04-28-2009, 02:40 AM
More news on wonderful mexico city.
further support that the 'deaths' have more to do with Mexico city's dismal conditions, rather than the flu.

Mexico faces criticism over swine flu response (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090428/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/lt_swine_flu_mexico)

"MEXICO CITY – Two weeks after the first known swine flu death, Mexico still hasn't given medicine to the families of the dead. It hasn't determined where the outbreak began or how it spread. And while the government urges anyone who feels sick to go to hospitals, feverish people complain ambulance workers are scared to pick them up.

A portrait is emerging of a slow and confused response by Mexico to the gathering swine flu epidemic. And that could mean the world is flying blind into a global health storm.

Despite an annual budget of more than $5 billion, Mexico's health secretary said Monday that his agency hasn't had the resources to visit the families of the dead. That means doctors haven't begun treatment for the population most exposed to swine flu, and most apt to spread it.

It also means medical sleuths don't know how the victims were infected — key to understanding how the epidemic began and how it can be contained.

Foreign health officials were hesitant Monday to speak critically about Mexico's response, saying they want to wait until more details emerge before passing judgment. But already, Mexicans were questioning the government's image of a country that has the crisis under control.

"Nobody believes the government anymore," said Edgar Rocha, a 28-year-old office messenger. He said the lack of information is sowing distrust: "You haven't seen a single interview with the sick!"

The political consequences could be serious. China was heavily criticized during the outbreak of SARS for failing to release details about the disease, feeding rumors and fear. And Mexico's failed response to a catastrophic 1985 earthquake is largely credited with the demise of the party that had ruled the country since the 1920s.

"That is foremost in the minds of Mexican policymakers now," said George Grayson at the College of William & Mary in Virginia. "They're thinking, 'We don't want another '85.'"

Indeed, Health Secretary Jose Angel Cordova was defensive at a news conference Monday as he was peppered with questions about why Mexico took so long to identify the outbreak, attempt to contain its spread and provide information.

"We never had this kind of epidemic in the world," he said. "This is the first time we have this kind of virus."

It remained unclear where and how the epidemic began, how it has spread, who it has killed or how fast it is growing. And the government has yet to take some basic steps critical to containing any outbreak, such as quick treatment of people who had contact with the victims.

In the town of Xonacatlan, just west of Mexico City, Antonia Cortes Borbolla told The Associated Press that nobody has given her medicine in the week since her husband succumbed to raging fever and weakened lungs that a lab has confirmed as swine flu.

No health workers have inspected her home, asked how her husband might have contracted the illness or tested the neighbors' pigs, she said.

Cordova acknowledged that her case isn't unique.

"We haven't given medicine to all of them because we still don't have enough personnel," he said.

Cordova said he couldn't provide information on the victims for reasons of confidentiality, but promised to eventually release a statistical breakdown. He said he couldn't provide that data now "because it's being processed."

Asked whether he could at least say how many of the 20 confirmed victims were men and how many were women, he said: "I don't have that information."

The government has insisted it acted quickly and decisively when presented with the evidence of a new virus.

But even as it did so, it acknowledged the outbreak began earlier than April 12, the date it had previously linked to the first case. Cordova confirmed Monday that a 4-year-old boy who was part of an outbreak in eastern Veracruz state that began in February had swine flu. He later recovered.

Residents of the town of Perote said at the time that they had a new, aggressive bug — even taking to the streets to demonstrate against the pig farm they blamed for their illness — but were told they were suffering from a typical flu. It was only after U.S. labs confirmed a swine flu outbreak that Mexican officials sent the boy's sample in for swine flu testing.

Mexico's Agriculture Department said Monday that inspectors found no sign of swine flu among pigs around the farm in Veracruz, and that no infected pigs have been found yet anywhere in Mexico.

Meanwhile, some people complained that health workers were turning them away, even as officials urged people to seek treatment quickly if they felt symptoms of flu coming on.

Elias Camacho, a 31-year-old truck driver with fever, cough and body aches, was ordered out of a government ambulance Sunday because paramedics complained he might be contagious, his father-in-law told the AP. When family members took him to a hospital in a taxi, Jorge Martinez Cruz said, a doctor told him he wasn't sick.

Camacho was finally admitted to the hospital — and placed in an area marked "restricted" — after a doctor at a private clinic notified state health authorities, Martinez said.

In Mexico City, Jose Isaac Cepeda said two hospitals refused to treat his fever, diarrhea and joint pains. The first turned him away because he wasn't registered in the public health system, he said.

The second, he said, didn't let him in "because they say they're too busy."

worangejuice
04-28-2009, 02:44 AM
I believe the news is a bunch of a holes jumping all over this.

legacy927
04-28-2009, 07:27 AM
My co-worker was coughing and sh**, and he thinks hes funny, he F-ing coughed onto the paperworks that I have to work on...I told the lady at the HR, she made him wear a mask..LOL

smellslikecurry
04-28-2009, 07:32 AM
my best friend works on the ER at queens hospital and there's speculation that there's an outbreak there right now...the original outbreak in NY was only a couple of miles from that hospital...hes getting tested right now...

GOOD THING I GO TO SCHOOL DOWN THE BLOCK

ps. buy vaccine stock...overnight millionaire.

Phlip
04-28-2009, 07:44 AM
It's on now:
Swine flu spreads to Asia, Middle East - Swine flu- msnbc.com (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30398682/?GT1=43001)

Population control, this is a racist virus if I have ever seen one

smellslikecurry
04-28-2009, 07:54 AM
Time to put a bullet in between Babe's head. I don't even eat pork and I can get this shit? See you on the news.

Phlip
04-28-2009, 07:59 AM
This whole Swine Flu shit is a fabrication, it doesn't really exist.
The liberal media made it up as a coup to close all the remaining Piggly Wiggly stores.

CrimsonRockett
04-28-2009, 08:01 AM
Phlip fails with teh double post.

Must have caught the Swine Flu.

:keke:

HyperTek
04-28-2009, 08:22 AM
the swine flu is just a fake conspiracy to stricten the US/Mexico boarders without upsetting anyone... lol

CrimsonRockett
04-28-2009, 08:41 AM
the swine flu is just a fake conspiracy to stricten the US/Mexico boarders without upsetting anyone... lol

That reminds me, my grandparents(from Dad's side) are coming from Mexico(Guadalajara) to visit this week.

I think I'll stay away from them just in case.

:rofl:

legacy927
04-28-2009, 09:07 AM
First the bird flu. now this...lol

S14cagged
04-28-2009, 10:53 AM
I am going to Costa Rica for 2 weeks in june, guess i will have to run around with a face mask on screaming "YOU AINT GETTING ME PIGGIE FLU"

XeroX
04-28-2009, 11:38 AM
outbreaks are so 2007...

DALAZ_68
04-28-2009, 11:40 AM
its confirmed 1 owner rep of where i work has it...she came back from mexico last night and looks like a cow pie...she went to doctors to confirm

ericcastro
04-28-2009, 12:02 PM
That reminds me, my grandparents(from Dad's side) are coming from Mexico(Guadalajara) to visit this week.

I think I'll stay away from them just in case.

:rofl:

its confirmed 1 owner rep of where i work has it...she came back from mexico last night and looks like a cow pie...she went to doctors to confirm

My moms in Mexico on the first real vacation of her life.
She will be coming back stateside on the 6th and staying at my pad for a week.

Johnny, Steve, wanna hang out?? lol

im not worried. I read an article about how its being made into a giant deal, but we have enough vacine for over 50 million americans and they are working on something with the original strand right now.

they also say, getting a shot for it now may make it worse, because it can build up immunities to it. (its like tipping it off, you wanna wait and then pounce on that shit outta nowhere.)

DALAZ_68
04-28-2009, 12:07 PM
Johnny, Steve, wanna hang out?? lol

seriously right...i might just stay in my room for a while...everyone always tells me im the only one who can survive in there for long period of time lol

cserrano86
04-28-2009, 12:08 PM
I think the only thing people should really be scared of is the Media...
It dont let things get to me but when the evening news has 45 mins of coverage on something and the rest on sports and weather, it starts to bring concern to the back of my mind...

I've survived everything else... Including this shitty economy which I also think has been blown out of proportion by the media. If anything this Flu scare is making people forget about the economy and people will stop being afraid to spend money...

ericcastro
04-28-2009, 12:10 PM
I figure If i get it I get it, go get a shot.

Im not dying till im in my 70's my mothers spiritual adviser told her.
Im like the dude In that movie "big fish". I know when that shits coming, so i aint scared :)

mehsilvia
04-28-2009, 12:17 PM
This shit better get cleared up and fixed right quick!

Im gonna be trapped on a Cruise Ship with 5000 mother fuckers destined for the Mexican Riviera in a few weeks :eek:

This pissses me off. Im going there for the Carnitas! (a staple in my diet)

ericcastro
04-28-2009, 12:33 PM
Your all good Chris!!!

You CANNOT get it from pork.

the original flu is from some pork and bird and human flu strand that got together to make "swine flu".
eating pork is fine.
Just watch out for sneezing people and wash your hands alot.
Its just like the regular flu, just a little more harsh once you get it.

Phlip
04-28-2009, 12:37 PM
It's not real, people!
It's the liberal media.
Swine flu is just like global warming, el chupa cabra, crack cocaine and AIDS in the black community, the economy and "change," they just want to get a rise out of you all -- and to put Piggly Wiggly out of business -- and it is working too!

rsibley22
04-28-2009, 12:41 PM
^^^^lol just watched V for Vendetta last night
IT"S THE GOVERNMENT!!!!

cserrano86
04-28-2009, 12:59 PM
^^
HA!!! Chupa Cabra, that's old school....

ronmcdon
04-28-2009, 01:07 PM
real threat or not, I think it's about time ppl adopted this custom;
it's just bad manners going around sneezing/blowing snot on others.

http://www.boingboing.net/200708011308.jpg

xs240
04-28-2009, 01:20 PM
Apparently there has been no pigs found infected in all of Mexico according to inspectors in Mexico.

Sounds like a genetically engineered bioweapon let loose.

randomxzero
04-28-2009, 01:40 PM
i was reading some stuff on it last night and supposebly a vaccine for it will take 3-6 months to make and distribute it... idk it seems to be exagerated in my opinion.

Phlip
04-28-2009, 01:41 PM
Fuck that vaccine bullshit.
I saw "I Am Legend," you all did too!

ryguy
04-28-2009, 01:57 PM
People are going buckwild here. There was a case of swine flu confirmed in my area today and now my little siblings' school is sending out automated messages about medical education and preparation and shit they're doing. People are scared as shit, like its the fucking hand of god come down to kill everybody.

Flipzide
04-28-2009, 02:56 PM
Haha, i got an automated message from CSUSM last night.

Ironically during accounting today, some girl showed up to class looking sick as hell and the teacher asked her whats wrong. The girl responded with, "I think i have swine flu :( "

Then one dude in the class said, " f' this and left"

After that, the teacher asked the girl to leave. Instead, about half the class left over the next few minutes.

When the girl left, I left with about 5 other people.

I guess accounting class is cancelled, hahahahahaa.

ericcastro
04-28-2009, 02:59 PM
quote from yahoo just now,

"I fully expect we will see deaths from this infection," Besser said at an Atlanta news conference.

sweet!! my moms comin in from mexico :)

i guess its better i get it and run the risk of death than her going home to where she lives with my sister and her 1 1/2 year old. that little guys immune system might not be as strong as mine.

ESmorz
04-28-2009, 03:02 PM
that little guys immune system might not be as strong as mine.

From what I can gather that would make him more likely to survive it than you.

Ironically during accounting today, some girl showed up to class looking sick as hell and the teacher asked her whats wrong. The girl responded with, "I think i have swine flu :( "

After that, the teacher asked the girl to leave. Instead, about half the class left over the next few minutes.

I would have made a hazmat suit from trash bags and beat the shit out of her in the parking lot. Well not really, but how considerate of her to come to class and potentially share whatever ailment she has. Fucking people I swear.

!Zar!
04-28-2009, 03:18 PM
I'm blowing my nose and sneezing.

I have swine flu.

smellslikecurry
04-28-2009, 05:54 PM
i made my dad order as much tamiflu as possible...anybody want to start bidding

whyrun?
04-28-2009, 06:08 PM
Unless it finds its way inside my house, I doubt I'll catch it.

I'll be in my cave, thanks.

this so just made my day man. haha, i feel the same way dude.

Brian
04-28-2009, 07:09 PM
it's been on the news non stop since i got home.

every story is about SWINE FLU.

retarded.

The news could convince Americans about ANYTHING.

FEAR rules all.

Gnnr
04-28-2009, 08:56 PM

This had me cracking my ass up. :rofl:

Dirty Habit
04-28-2009, 10:02 PM
http://imgur.com/27K39.jpg

Bubbles
04-28-2009, 10:52 PM
And I thought this thread wouldn't have anything that concerns me.

http://www.boingboing.net/200708011308.jpg

TheWolf
04-28-2009, 11:12 PM
This shit better get cleared up and fixed right quick!

Im gonna be trapped on a Cruise Ship with 5000 mother fuckers destined for the Mexican Riviera in a few weeks :eek:

This pissses me off. Im going there for the Carnitas! (a staple in my diet)

Carnival has canceled all mexican ports. They're going to "spend an extra day at sea". I wouldn't even go if this was the case. The bastards did that to us for a hurricane, and everyone on board went stir crazy. Even the staff.

Royal Caribbean has not.

mehsilvia
04-28-2009, 11:51 PM
Carnival has canceled all mexican ports. They're going to "spend an extra day at sea". I wouldn't even go if this was the case. The bastards did that to us for a hurricane, and everyone on board went stir crazy. Even the staff.

Royal Caribbean has not.

No shit!
Well, cant exactly cancel "mexican ports" on a 7-day Mexican fucking cruise.

They try and pull some shit on me, im sinkin this bitch!

origin_s135
04-29-2009, 12:04 AM
the happening IS HAPPENING!

mehsilvia
04-29-2009, 09:59 AM
Motherfucker!!!

Dear Guests,

Kindly note that the port of Cabo San Lucas, Mexico has been cancelled for the Mariner of the Seas in light of recent news about the Swine Flu. The tours have been cancelled from your booking and your credit card will be refunded accordingly. Please revisit our website at Royal Caribbean International - Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines (http://www.royalcaribbean.com) or once onboard the vessel to purchase an alternate tour to our new ports. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

They cancelled my fucking 4x4 Jeep Safari :2f2f: excursion! :madfawk:

Fuck That! Im cancelling this cruise before they Bitch out on any more ports/activities.

CrimsonRockett
04-29-2009, 10:11 AM
I've decided to stop watching the news.

The more I watch, the more I panic.

So, shut that shit off.

Go on about my business like I normally would.

If I see someone cough near me, just punch them in the face.

:axe:

SexPanda
04-29-2009, 10:15 AM
SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST!

Let the entire fucking world get swine flu. Maybe it'll kill some of the dumb people.

imotion s14
04-29-2009, 10:16 AM
first death in the US.. right down the street from me. HALP

ThatGuy
04-29-2009, 10:21 AM
Conspiracy Time:

"Swine Flu" is a man-made disease, created by the leaders of the various countries of the world. The U.S. is not the only one hurting economy wise right now. In an effort to reduce the population and thus stimulate the economy, they have created this epidemic. It will continually get worse until there is a drastic decline in the population. At that point, an amazing break through vaccine will be discovered, and the epidemic will go away. The economy get's a boost back on it's feet by removing the lower class "poor" dragging down the rest of the world, and everyone thinks it's just a cruel twist of fate.

I am COMPLETELY serious.

DALAZ_68
04-29-2009, 10:28 AM
No shit!
Well, cant exactly cancel "mexican ports" on a 7-day Mexican fucking cruise.

They try and pull some shit on me, im sinkin this bitch!
ohh really?!

Motherfucker!!!

Dear Guests,

Kindly note that the port of Cabo San Lucas, Mexico has been cancelled for the Mariner of the Seas in light of recent news about the Swine Flu. The tours have been cancelled from your booking and your credit card will be refunded accordingly. Please revisit our website at Royal Caribbean International - Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines (http://www.royalcaribbean.com) or once onboard the vessel to purchase an alternate tour to our new ports. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

They cancelled my fucking 4x4 Jeep Safari :2f2f: excursion! :madfawk:

Fuck That! Im cancelling this cruise before they Bitch out on any more ports/activities. LOL ohh man...LOL sorry chris...its just funny

If I see someone cough near me, just punch them in the face.

:axe:

did that to my brother...he didnt like it much

SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST!

Let the entire fucking world get swine flu. Maybe it'll kill some of the dumb people.

lol could help

Conspiracy Time:

"Swine Flu" is a man-made disease, created by the leaders of the various countries of the world. The U.S. is not the only one hurting economy wise right now. In an effort to reduce the population and thus stimulate the economy, they have created this epidemic. It will continually get worse until there is a drastic decline in the population. At that point, an amazing break through vaccine will be discovered, and the epidemic will go away. The economy get's a boost back on it's feet by removing the lower class "poor" dragging down the rest of the world, and everyone thinks it's just a cruel twist of fate.

I am COMPLETELY serious. totally off ur rocker...but makes sense...dont it?

Xfiles time

shishcabobers
04-29-2009, 10:37 AM
Its not as bad as everyone thinks it is, the flu is mostly affecting the younger and older people because their immune systems are more susceptible. If anything and you actually get it, you stay at your house for a week and let the flu take its course and your body gets over it.

Microbiology FTW!

DreamN
04-29-2009, 10:53 AM
Or maybe ThatGuy is just telling us this "info" for us to believe it was the government when in reality it was.... dun dun dun...

PROFESSOR CHAOS!!!!

http://aura0.gaia.com/photos/7/65465/large/professor_chaos.jpg

Gnnr
04-29-2009, 11:04 AM
Its not as bad as everyone thinks it is, the flu is mostly affecting the younger and older people because their immune systems are more susceptible.

Not really.

2009 swine flu outbreak - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_swine_flu_outbreak#Genetics_and_effects)
At a press briefing on April 27, acting CDC director Dr. Richard Besser stated that out of 40 confirmed cases in the United States at that point, only one individual was hospitalized. He also revealed that the median age was 16 years "with a range in age of 7 to 54 years."[99]

Unlike what usually happens in cases of influenza, which inflict a greater number of deaths between the elderly and the children, this strain has, so far, resulted in deaths in people between the ages of 25 and 50.

mehsilvia
04-29-2009, 11:38 AM
CHICKENSHIT MOTHERFUCKERS! :rant2:

Royal Carribean decided to steer my ship NORTH to the Pacific Northwest instead of Mexican Riviera.

Wonder when the bitch-ass captain was gonna tell me. When i noticed sundown on the Port side of the ship? Had to find out after I called the travel agent.

Cant cancel, wont get deposit back. Plus the wife's more excited about British Columbia/San Fran than Mexico. And shes REAL happy about the $350 ship credit she can blow.

FUCK the Swine! FUCK the Media! FUCK the Gov Conspiracy! FUCK Canada!

Im going for Margaritas at Lunch!

aziankingz
04-29-2009, 11:44 AM

Royal Carribean decided to steer my ship NORTH to the Pacific Northwest instead of Mexican Riviera.

Wonder when the bitch-ass captain was gonna tell me. When i noticed sundown on the Port side of the ship? Had to find out after I called the travel agent.

Cant cancel, wont get deposit back. Plus the wife's more excited about British Columbia/San Fran than Mexico. And shes REAL happy about the $350 ship credit she can blow.

youre on a cruise? and youre on zilvia? dont waste your time..go enjoy your cruise and seriously..fuck the swine and all that bullshit..

zenki.life
04-29-2009, 11:46 AM
apparently the media and/or government doesnt want to call this "swine flu" instead call it some whack name like H1N1..haha

they dont want to associate this virus from swine because its ruining pork sales. china and other countries are now not importing our pork anymore and thats doing even more wonders for our economy. i guess also some of our tourist revenue has gone down as well.

crazy.

mehsilvia
04-29-2009, 11:48 AM
youre on a cruise? and youre on zilvia? dont waste your time..go enjoy your cruise and seriously..fuck the swine and all that bullshit..

LOL, no, its in a few weeks. Still cant do Fuck about it.

ryguy
04-29-2009, 12:18 PM
Its not as bad as everyone thinks it is, the flu is mostly affecting the younger and older people because their immune systems are more susceptible. If anything and you actually get it, you stay at your house for a week and let the flu take its course and your body gets over it.

Microbiology FTW!

Yeah bro, its hitting 30 to 50 year olds hardest.

I'm so sick today, my throat is killing me, and i'm sick to my stomach, and I feel drained. I know its probably not swine flu, but there are 4 confirmed cases near me, and the thought has run through my mind.

ericcastro
04-29-2009, 12:41 PM

We dont drink Margarita's in WA, we drink Pabst, Hamm's or Lucky Lagger.

Have fun drinking shitty beer on a hoodie with open finger gloves on, lmao!!

Vancouver is fun. Hit up a place called the Cecil ;), lol. Its a pretty clean city though, and the islands and shit around there are nice. Hell, trees and grass are green without being gardened, CRAZY!!! lol

WIKID S4TEEN
04-29-2009, 12:45 PM
first death in the US.. right down the street from me. HALP

It's all fun and games, until it hits home.
Just heard two confirmed cases in Santa Clarita, CA
:ugh:

Gnnr
04-29-2009, 03:40 PM
OMG, How fucking crazy can the media be?

I am LMFAO at all the headlines. Look, look:

Swine flu Florida: Health official says act like swine flu is here -- OrlandoSentinel.com (http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/orl-swine-flu-florida-042909,0,6105435.story) :bowrofl:

We couldn't wait to join the party.

Reported case of swine flu in Orlando awaits confirmation - Breaking News - MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/416/story/1021874.html)

Swine flu: South Florida on 'high alert' as first U.S. swine flu fatality recorded in Texas and a possible case is investigated in Orlando. -- South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/sfl-swine-flu-south-florida-bn042709,0,2047810.story)

And the economy going all over the place

Paranoid Mexicans stockpile face masks - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) (http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=t&ct2=us%2F0_0_s_1_0_t&usg=AFQjCNFza89qLxIQi8s5hHn_yGtRc-hTnw&cid=1343542121&ei=d8f4SciuPMigmAfSieGdAw&rt=SEARCH&vm=STANDARD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.abc.net.au%2Fnews%2Fstories%2 F2009%2F04%2F30%2F2556556.htm)

Swine flu drives demand for face masks - Breaking News - Business - MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/business/breaking-news/story/1023936.html)

Russia Bans U.S. Meat Amid Swine Flu Outbreak | AHN | April 29, 2009 (http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=t&ct2=us%2F0_0_s_6_2_aa&usg=AFQjCNFVxo2fV-eAWOudgFvdDXMpLWotSg&cid=1343529973&ei=18f4SYiYBYKQmAfPm_OdAw&rt=SEARCH&vm=STANDARD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.allheadlinenews.com%2Farticle s%2F7014964064)

Cuba suspends flights; others block imports - Swine Flu - MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/swine-flu/story/1022790.html)

Humans are such feeble creatures. lol.

enkei2k
04-29-2009, 03:51 PM
The World Health Organization raised its pandemic alert for swine flu to the second highest level Wednesday, meaning that it believes a global outbreak of the disease is imminent.

A phase 5 alert means there is sustained transmission among people in at least two countries. Once the virus shows effective transmission in two different regions of the world, a full pandemic outbreak — level 6 — would be declared, meaning a global epidemic of a new and deadly disease.

time to make a movie: The Swine Flu: Not Just Your Regular Flu...who's with me??

all jokes aside, this is really some scary shit. i have a runny nose...does that mean i have the swine flu? all the symptoms are the same as your average flu. damn, all this paranoia is just making matters worse. +1 for stupid media and their hyping up.

ronmcdon
04-29-2009, 04:42 PM
WHO sucks!
It should have been 'phase 5' as of last week.
technically it's two countries after it reached the US.
It's already a 'global pandemic', albeit not really a big deal either.

It's already 'phase 6' if it's spread to Europe and the Middle East.

Taken from WHO site:

http://www.who.int/csr/disease/avian_influenza/phase/en/

"Phase 5 is characterized by human-to-human spread of the virus into at least two countries in one WHO region. While most countries will not be affected at this stage, the declaration of Phase 5 is a strong signal that a pandemic is imminent and that the time to finalize the organization, communication, and implementation of the planned mitigation measures is short.

Phase 6, the pandemic phase, is characterized by community level outbreaks in at least one other country in a different WHO region in addition to the criteria defined in Phase 5. Designation of this phase will indicate that a global pandemic is under way."

about the kid who died the US, medical details remain vague.
Kid flew in from Mexico, suspected that he already contracted virus before reaching the US.
No mention of medical procedures (or lack thereof) to treat patient.
Interestingly, kid was like 2 yrs old, so it can affect ppl under 20 yrs of age.
Given lack of evidence that the victim was given properly treated in the US,
I'm more inclined to dismiss this as an isolated incident as of now.
I don't think we're anywhere near the point where we can say existing medical procedures in the US are insufficient to treat the virus.
Could be that without immediate & proper treatment, however the virus could be fatal.

There's still a lot of overall uncertainty as to how the 'panademic' may play out.
Speads very fast, but the results in victims are varied.

As Obama said, it's a "cause for concern, but not a cause for alarm", or something like that.
Could be interesting how this develops in the next coming days & weeks.

driftn_silvia
04-29-2009, 06:51 PM
i just found out through my boss's wife that works at santa barbara hospital as an RN. She told me that we have a case of swine flu here in OXNARD, CA . and it is confirmed.

i guess this pandemic flu will kill us all!!

ALTRNTV
04-29-2009, 07:00 PM
LMAO @ people actually worried about this. It's just another strain of the fucking FLU. The media blow everything out
of proportion.

OH NOESSS!! I contracted the avion fever!1111!!onee!!11

mRclARK1
04-29-2009, 07:06 PM
^^^ Very true.

However, you do realize that flu outbreaks in the past have killed 10's of millions before right??? Sure we're more advanced medically today, but probably tens of thousands would still die in a similar scale outbreak. Especially to a new virus that no one (or virtually no one) has immunity to.

I'm not worried, especially since I stated earlier I seem to be invulnerable to the damn flu bug (thankfully)... But it's still not good how fast it's spreading. It's more how quickly it has spread, as opposed to its mortality rate, that has groups like WHO worried.

Future240
04-29-2009, 07:09 PM
Yea shit is crazy, but what can you do

ALTRNTV
04-29-2009, 07:10 PM
Yeah, I know about that, I'm a "med-student" so I learn all about this kinda stuff everyday. I'm just saying that people
are worrying for nothing. If you have flu-like symptoms, go to the doctor or just get some bedrest and keep yourself
hydrated. In 4-5 days, it'll be gone.

mRclARK1
04-29-2009, 07:12 PM
I'm not arguing with you or anything... I agree with you. Way blown out of proportion.

I just think to err on the side of caution is best, which is more what they are doing I think.

ALTRNTV
04-29-2009, 07:15 PM
Of course siding with caution is best, but how many people really have good "hygiene" when it comes to not touching things
they're not supposed to and stuff like that? If people were so cautious about every single "sickness" out there, people
should just stay in their homes, and even in their are they not truly safe from everything.

dert420sx
04-29-2009, 07:16 PM
the media is just blowing this shit up to make us forget about the war, economy, terrorism, mortgage crisis, federal bailout, arlen specter, etc.

holy swine flu propaganda, batman! it's 1976 again!

ASibLqwVbsk

!Zar!
04-29-2009, 07:31 PM
I wonder how many people have been cockblocked by the Swine Flu?

qwikspool
04-29-2009, 07:54 PM
too much hype on this swine flu.
we have the meds at the pharmacy and they are being dispensed all day at my job.

mRclARK1
04-29-2009, 08:16 PM
Of course siding with caution is best, but how many people really have good "hygiene" when it comes to not touching things
they're not supposed to and stuff like that? If people were so cautious about every single "sickness" out there, people
should just stay in their homes, and even in their are they not truly safe from everything.

Agreed 100%

On the lighter side...

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/7972/swinev.jpg (http://img514.imageshack.us/my.php?image=swinev.jpg)

drftwerks
04-29-2009, 08:18 PM
so d1 or not to d1.......

!Zar!
04-30-2009, 03:42 AM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c391/TurboDrifterZar/1241082013155.jpg

karl wasabi
04-30-2009, 05:14 AM
hahaha. This thread is great. I have seen people wearing masks and shit! Why? To avoid the swine flu! hahhaha

HyperTek
04-30-2009, 07:56 AM
you guys are bitches.. be mature about it and respect people.. better to be cautious than sorry. And alot of people dont have health insurance, so you can bet they will ignore it and not seek treatment = thus it spreads.

raz0rbladez909
04-30-2009, 08:30 AM
you guys are bitches.. be mature about it and respect people.. better to be cautious than sorry. And alot of people dont have health insurance, so you can bet they will ignore it and not seek treatment = thus it spreads.

Maturity.......but this is zilvia:rofl: its every man for themselves in this world, plus it will spread to everyone else that doesn't have health insurance anyways, because thats who it is designed to target:jerkit:

Phlip
04-30-2009, 08:37 AM
Good thing I saved those SARS masks, we all know how well they worked.

CrimsonRockett
04-30-2009, 09:08 AM
Did you guys hear about this? (Skimmed through the thread and didn't see it posted)

"Patient Zero"

FOXNews.com - 'Patient Zero' in Swine Flu Outbreak Identified as 5-Year-Old Mexican Boy - Infectious Disease (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,518347,00.html)

aziankingz
04-30-2009, 09:18 AM
did that boy become a zombie yet? if not, then whats there to worry about?

DALAZ_68
04-30-2009, 09:34 AM
LOL, no, its in a few weeks. Still cant do Fuck about it.

so d1 or not to d1.......
well that a retarded question...lol

Jimmy Up
04-30-2009, 10:01 AM
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b365/italianstalian008/Untitled-1-1-1.jpg

Future240
04-30-2009, 10:24 AM
so swine flu =media circle jerk
media circle jerk=public panic
public panic=normal ever day idiots turned into sheep
people into sheep=media telling them to buy shit
buy shit due to media=economy flux
economy flux=Obama saying we did it

ronmcdon
04-30-2009, 10:28 AM
Pretty good info taken from WSJ accounting for the higher mortality rates in Mexico;

Mexico's High Death Rate Poses Key Question on Virus - WSJ.com (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124096777126666585.html?mod=googlenews_wsj)

Scientists say the virus found in Mexico and in the U.S. appears to be the same, and therefore different mortality rates likely aren't due to the virus itself. Doctors say the greater vulnerability could have to do with genetic makeup, though they view that as unlikely.

Much of the difference in mortality rates could have to do with timing. As the disease hit Mexico very early, doctors didn't suspect anything unusual when patients came in complaining of high fever and body aches. Especially in Mexico City, with its high altitude and smoggy air, common colds that develop into a throat or chest infection with a fever are frequent in winter months and beyond.

Many of the victims' stories are strikingly similar: Thinking they had a common cold, they waited for a day or two before going to the doctor, often taking their own medication, from antibiotics to cough remedies. When they did make it to the doctor, they were misdiagnosed, losing more days. By the time they got into a hospital, as much as a week had passed and they were in serious condition, suffering from pneumonia.

"The mortality rate has been very high, but that's before people knew what was going on. Greater awareness by both patients and doctors may help lower that," said Julio Frenk, the dean of Harvard's School of Public Health and a former Mexican health minister.

A key factor in lowering mortality could be cultural. Many Mexicans, especially the poor who rely on public hospitals, try to wait out sickness or medicate themselves rather than go to a doctor. Medicines including antibiotics are available without a prescription.

But one reason Mexicans avoid the doctor is unlikely to change soon: the often sorry state of Mexico's public and private health system. In Mexico's public hospitals, patients often wait hours or days to see a doctor.

!Zar!
04-30-2009, 11:55 AM
All those asian women were onto something wearing those sars masks for all these years...

Phlip
04-30-2009, 12:11 PM
so swine flu =media circle jerk
media circle jerk=public panic
public panic=normal ever day idiots turned into sheep
people into sheep=media telling them to buy shit
buy shit due to media=economy flux
economy flux=Obama saying we did it

Why does that feel like so eerily similar to something I said yesterday morning (http://callmephlip.blogspot.com/2009/04/swine-flu.html)?

dert420sx
04-30-2009, 12:15 PM
my buddy texted me this:

"it was once believed that a black man would be president when pigs fly.
indeed, 100 days into Obama's presidency......SWINE FLU"

i roflmao'd then i posted it on texts from last nite. lol.

DrftSLowHomIe!!
04-30-2009, 12:49 PM
i heard some girl at CSULB has THE Swine flu

dOMEmE
04-30-2009, 01:02 PM

yes indeed, read it on the CSUF school paper. that sucks.

JAYRAWR wacthout i know you go there.

keistyle
04-30-2009, 01:09 PM
my near by schools have reported students have it too. .
dammit.

jskateborders
04-30-2009, 01:12 PM
If Im not mistaken, no one has died of this shit in the us since like 1988, that and the fact that I beleive there are still less than 100 confirmed cases. How is that an outbreak?

A scared population is a controllable one

Just a thought but I bet more people in Mexico city die from dysentery than the swine flu.
and I bet theres at least 100 people in the us that Have had it in the last month.
Dysentery outbreak? O noes, quick grab your fruits and veggies yo, were all gonna die, do what the media says.

And I know alot of you guys think this is all conspiracy theory bs. So check this out, this will blow your mind. A few of the major perscription drugs used against the flu have had their shipments halted.... supposed shortage, however this years flu outbreak numbers were not any higher than any other regular year. Whats going to happen in the next 90 days
- more cases of "swine flu"
- oh no we don't have the cure
- obama steps in and magically cure is available
-government saves us all.

Dont believe me? stay tuned.

keistyle
04-30-2009, 01:16 PM
i just ate ham

i felt really cool eating it too.

now, i live the American dream.

Future240
04-30-2009, 01:27 PM
Why does that feel like so eerily similar to something I said yesterday morning (http://callmephlip.blogspot.com/2009/04/swine-flu.html)?

I don't know, I don't read your blog so i didn't steal it from you, just a though that came across my mind

dOMEmE
04-30-2009, 01:29 PM
Hey........so does that mean i have it since im a cop???

hhhhmmmm, i need to go get checked.

Phlip
04-30-2009, 01:41 PM
I don't know, I don't read your blog so i didn't steal it from you, just a though that came across my mind

You responded in my thread yesterday as if you had...
You're a horrible plagiarist, and a worse liar, I should stab you in the neck.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, another of my conspiracies has been brought to the forefront... Just as Egypt orders all the pigs in the country killed (http://worldblog.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2009/04/30/1915246.aspx), WHO stops using "swine flu," (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30398682) as this apparently has very little to do with ACTUAL swine.

jayrawr
04-30-2009, 01:48 PM
yes indeed, read it on the CSUF school paper. that sucks.

JAYRAWR wacthout i know you go there.

hahahahah dont trippppp ill give it to you

240love
04-30-2009, 01:51 PM
i have a sore throat and im sneezing.. am i going to die?

im serious btw? fuck!! no health insurance sucks!!

ESmorz
04-30-2009, 01:54 PM
If Im not mistaken, no one has died of this shit in the us since like 1988, that and the fact that I beleive there are still less than 100 confirmed cases. How is that an outbreak?

Well think of this.

San Diego County, a very well off technological epicenter, especially in the medical field only has the capability to test 20 patients a day for swine flu (straight from testing facility management) and that's working double shifts. Even then, the test results must be sent to the CDC to be re-checked and confirmed.

It's an arduous process and it's making the numbers very skewed and unreliable.

DALAZ_68
04-30-2009, 02:01 PM
so is it bad that i ate porkchops wrapped in bacon for lunch...lol

dOMEmE
04-30-2009, 02:06 PM
hahahahah dont trippppp ill give it to you

remind me to stay away from your swiney ass!!! lol

hey when someone sneezes dont say "bless you" say "swine you" LMAO!

Phlip
04-30-2009, 02:12 PM

Well think of this.

San Diego County, a very well off technological epicenter, especially in the medical field only has the capability to test 20 patients a day for swine flu (straight from testing facility management) and that's working double shifts. Even then, the test results must be sent to the CDC to be re-checked and confirmed.

It's an arduous process and it's making the numbers very skewed and unreliable.
^^^ DINGDINGDING!!! That man is correct!
I work at Labcorp and I am looking at the memo explaining JUST that right now.
These cannot be done in STAT labs, only in those with Bio Safety Cabinets (yes, up there on the 3rd floor with the Tuberculosis shit), so turnaround time is a couple of days and even then only positives are sent to the CDC for verification.
Then Tina, with the big booty huge titties and pretty skin, will fax all confirmed positives to you respective states' board of health.

johngriff
04-30-2009, 02:23 PM

Yeah, here you go:

CSULB: Emergency Contacts (http://emergency.csulb.edu/advisory/)

I am working at the college right now, started getting sick yesterday, and they sent me home. And I am at home sick as we speak.

ESmorz
04-30-2009, 02:25 PM
^^^ DINGDINGDING!!! That man is correct!
I work at Labcorp and I am looking at the memo explaining JUST that right now.
These cannot be done in STAT labs, only in those with Bio Safety Cabinets (yes, up there on the 3rd floor with the Tuberculosis shit), so turnaround time is a couple of days and even then only positives are sent to the CDC for verification.
Then Tina, with the big booty huge titties and pretty skin, will fax all confirmed positives to you respective states' board of health.

If anything they are doing genpop a huge favor not breathing a word of this. If people knew that the "oh so reliable" news numbers they are getting are admittedly skewed and a few days old they might shit bricks.

I feel like any excuse to be a conspiracy theorist is being excercised in accordance with this issue.

Fucking shit people, just shut up and try not to get sick.

Phlip
04-30-2009, 02:29 PM
If anything they are doing genpop a huge favor not breathing a word of this. If people knew that the "oh so reliable" news numbers they are getting are admittedly skewed and a few days old they might shit bricks.

I feel like any excuse to be a conspiracy theorist is being excercised in accordance with this issue.

Fucking shit people, just shut up and try not to get sick.

Yes, and my excuse is being expended on marginally humorous theories that 3 of are plausible -- 2 of THOSE are actually coming true in application -- and 2 are so wholly far fetched that if they DO happen, I am shooting myself to the sun on a rocket.

ESmorz
04-30-2009, 02:39 PM
I feel like right now people are losing sight of the real danger.

We are at the birthing stage of this virus, it isn't extremely deadly yet but it is cause enough to be careful and safety conscience. However, if it continues to spread and hits other 3rd world countries it could be devastating. Not to mention along the way it will pick up a few neat little mutations and swing back around to the US in more deadly fashion.

What ever will we do without all the Piggly Wiggly's?

murda-c
04-30-2009, 02:47 PM
I work at medimmune, should i tell them to step their game up?

allntrlundrgrnd
04-30-2009, 03:02 PM
so is it bad that i ate porkchops wrapped in bacon for lunch...lol

nah its only spead from person to person, not by food or drink.

i just heard some kids might have it in the elementary school i went to back home which is only 45 minutes south of here.

LAME

johngriff
04-30-2009, 03:19 PM
Well, don't forget, the annual seasonal flu kills about 36,000 americans every year.

There does seem to be allot of hype behind this, and it has to be coming from somewhere. Maybe there is a higher mortality rate? All the data presented so far is late, and still seems inaccurate. I do not think they are letting us know just "why" this is such a large issue.

So yes, of course it sucks being sick, but you should really be worried if:
You are very young,
You are very old,
You have an auto-immune disorder.

Other wise, like with any flu, it seems you will be fine.

ESmorz
04-30-2009, 03:25 PM
Well, don't forget, the annual seasonal flu kills about 36,000 americans every year.

There does seem to be allot of hype behind this, and it has to be coming from somewhere. Maybe there is a higher mortality rate? All the data presented so far is late, and still seems inaccurate. I do not think they are letting us know just "why" this is such a large issue.

So yes, of course it sucks being sick, but you should really be worried if:
You are very young,
You are very old,
You have an auto-immune disorder.

Other wise, like with any flu, it seems you will be fine.

Wrongerz. (to some extent)

It's potential deadliness comes from Cytokine Storms caused by very healthy immune systems.

johngriff
04-30-2009, 03:30 PM
Really? I think that might just be speculation up to this point.

(CDC) has indicated that symptoms reported from this strain so far are similar to those of normal seasonal flu,[7] with the CDC stating that there is "insufficient information to date about clinical complications of this variant of swine-origin influenza A (H1N1) virus infection."

CDC - Swine Influenza (Flu) | Interim Guidance for Clinicians on Identifying and Caring for Patients with Swine-origin Influenza A (H1N1) Virus Infection (http://www.cdc.gov/swineflu/identifyingpatients.htm)

ESmorz
04-30-2009, 03:36 PM
Really? I think that might just be speculation up to this point.

(CDC) has indicated that symptoms reported from this strain so far are similar to those of normal seasonal flu,[7] with the CDC stating that there is "insufficient information to date about clinical complications of this variant of swine-origin influenza A (H1N1) virus infection."

CDC - Swine Influenza (Flu) | Interim Guidance for Clinicians on Identifying and Caring for Patients with Swine-origin Influenza A (H1N1) Virus Infection (http://www.cdc.gov/swineflu/identifyingpatients.htm)

Well it's just a theory, but it does make sense.

There aren't too many ways a normal flu can kill a perfectly healthy individual.

johngriff
04-30-2009, 03:42 PM
People in Mexico ≠ Perfectly healthy individual

ESmorz
04-30-2009, 03:44 PM
Lol

You got me there.

jskateborders
04-30-2009, 05:12 PM
lol k now I think the doctors think that I have swine flu. Basically I went in for flu symptoms and they did some tests, left me in the room for like an hour, I fell asleep. Then they came in with masks and shit and told me they had to take some sample and it would take three days to get results. Then they told me to go home and not to leave for 7 days. That makes sense if the testing takes so long.

johngriff
04-30-2009, 06:37 PM
Fema will be at your house shortly to take you to the camp.

LeftNutOfGowd
04-30-2009, 06:41 PM
http://media.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/photos/obama100sm/obama100_20.jpg

WERE FUCKED

theronin
04-30-2009, 06:49 PM
you wanna know how many times ive gotten that swine flu joke by text today?

silviaguy240
04-30-2009, 07:51 PM
so how many of you here have no immune system, are a toddler or are old as dirt? when will people realize that this isnt some 28 days later shit and just a normal flu thats going around.

soon2bs13
04-30-2009, 08:06 PM
lol k now I think the doctors think that I have swine flu. Basically I went in for flu symptoms and they did some tests, left me in the room for like an hour, I fell asleep. Then they came in with masks and shit and told me they had to take some sample and it would take three days to get results. Then they told me to go home and not to leave for 7 days. That makes sense if the testing takes so long.

lmao. that is funny...

good thing they did not come in with a gun and attempt to shoot your brains out.

murda-c
04-30-2009, 08:15 PM
so how many of you here have no immune system, are a toddler or are old as dirt? when will people realize that this isnt some 28 days later shit and just a normal flu thats going around.

it isn't normal. dats why

liek omg this post is numbar too fousand!!

silviaguy240
04-30-2009, 08:31 PM
uhhh, if you are a normal, healthy person. its fine. if you have no immune system, then you may be fucked, as you would be with any other illness.

Future240
04-30-2009, 09:08 PM
You responded in my thread yesterday as if you had...
You're a horrible plagiarist, and a worse liar, I should stab you in the neck.

I've never read your blog or anyone else's. If my response led you to assume I did, then it is on you that you assumed, and while I do find the things you say amusing and true at times, I don't plagiarize anyone and lying is something I am not fond of at all.

HyperTek
04-30-2009, 09:28 PM
are you guys taking vitamins? I been taking vitamins for a few months now, hopefully my immune system is beefed up lmao

jskateborders
04-30-2009, 11:31 PM
the only thing that really worries me about the swine flu is the pattern. If you look at the map you can tell that that is not being spread by human transmission, and food is ruled out. So who or what is introducing it into select and strategically distanced locations? Seriously, if its coming from Mexico, Arizona would be hit hard as hell, and there would be a trail to all the other infected zones, but they are all isolated. All of them, as if its being placed there. What I wanna know is what, or who is spreading this.
Take a look for yourself
» Swine Flu Map - Map of H1N1 Swine Flu Outbreak/Epidemic/Pandemic (http://wikiprotest.com/blog/index.php/2009/04/25/map-swine-flu-outbreak/)
Obviously look at the older map, where there are less cases, being that it is closer to the origin.

gotspins13
05-01-2009, 01:26 AM
my bosses mom has it!
and not to mention like half my family lives like 4 hours from mexico city,
mom is freaking out!

ronmcdon
05-01-2009, 01:50 AM
the only thing that really worries me about the swine flu is the pattern. If you look at the map you can tell that that is not being spread by human transmission, and food is ruled out. So who or what is introducing it into select and strategically distanced locations? Seriously, if its coming from Mexico, Arizona would be hit hard as hell, and there would be a trail to all the other infected zones, but they are all isolated. All of them, as if its being placed there. What I wanna know is what, or who is spreading this.
Take a look for yourself
» Swine Flu Map - Map of H1N1 Swine Flu Outbreak/Epidemic/Pandemic (http://wikiprotest.com/blog/index.php/2009/04/25/map-swine-flu-outbreak/)
Obviously look at the older map, where there are less cases, being that it is closer to the origin.

Map in your link seems to show more hits in higher population centers (Socal, TX, NE coastal cities).
Note that the map indicates what has been detected as of now.
Higher spread in higher population zones indicates a higher likelihood that it's being spread by ppl.
Think of it as a zombie outbreak.

Could also be that the high population centers have adequate means to detect the virus.
There's probably a lot of ppl that are infected that we don't know about as of yet.
Of those infected, many could have very mild symptoms or be entirely immune, that won't even bother going for treatment, or at least not yet.
It's really too early to tell about the effects and spread of the virus at this point.

jskateborders
05-01-2009, 11:16 AM
So my wakeup call this morning "your tests came back positive for influenza A, the state lab is gonna call you with questions". Wtf does that mean?

240love
05-01-2009, 11:58 AM
fuck i dont know what that means but it sounds scary

Future240
05-01-2009, 12:09 PM
last time I checked influenza was the common cold

I was wrong, its the flu

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Influenzavirus_A

ThatGuy
05-01-2009, 12:12 PM
Rather than calling this swine flu ... we're going to stick with the technical scientific name H1N1 influenza A

You tested positive for H1N1. :-/

smellslikecurry
05-01-2009, 12:13 PM
did you go to mexico?

DALAZ_68
05-01-2009, 12:17 PM
last time I checked influenza was the common cold

I was wrong, its the flu

Influenzavirus A - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Influenzavirus_A)

yes...Flu is kinda in the word influenza

Future240
05-01-2009, 12:18 PM

Yea i was just about to put that after I read further into the article...........

Hopefully it will all be cool

nismo 240sx
05-01-2009, 12:48 PM
some lady at work told me the flu is in corona and that they had to close down a high school for a week and they canlced prom to..lol sucks for them..it was some girl to...

smellslikecurry
05-01-2009, 02:28 PM
it was on the news that some guy at our school has it but st johns is a fucking business and wont close down for shit. we didnt even close down when there was a shooter on campus haha.

johngriff
05-01-2009, 02:57 PM
The Map is based off of population centers, and the virus is not going to spread linearly up a map like the german front rolling over france in a cartoon, the virus is being quickly jetted around the world via air travel. That is why it is popping up in population centers first.

Really, everyone missed what might have been the best response, and that was to isolate mexico, isolate the disease.

ZenkiCam
05-01-2009, 03:03 PM
i have swine flu.

ESmorz
05-01-2009, 03:07 PM
i have swine flu.

Shut up Cameron. :whip:

Yeah, if it REALLY is such a big deal, close Mexico off for awhile.

smellslikecurry
05-01-2009, 03:13 PM
St. John’s University Fact Sheet on A/H1N1 (Swine Flu) May 1, 2009

In order to put to rest rumors and inaccurate information that have appeared in the media and across St. John’s campuses, we are providing you with the following facts about the A/H1N1 (Swine Flu) virus as it pertains to the University:

* The Department of Health and Mental Hygiene reports that as of April 30, the A/H1N1 virus in the U.S. and New York City continues to be no more severe than usual seasonal influenza, with the overwhelming majority of diagnosed patients having mild illnesses.
* There was one confirmed case of A/H1N1 at St. John’s—on the Queens campus. That student has recovered and is no longer contagious.
* The confirmed case is considered part of the St. Francis Prep “cluster” because the student had direct contact with students there.
* There are no other confirmed cases of A/H1N1 at St. John’s at this time.
* If you experience fever plus respiratory symptoms, call or visit your personal physician. During school hours, Queens and Manhattan students can call or visit Student Health Services on the Queens campus, located on the first floor of DaSilva Hall in the Residence Village, 718-990-6360. Staten Island students should call or visit Student Health Services in Room B17 in the Campus Center, 718-390-4447.
* If resident students experience those symptoms during off hours, you should notify your Resident Director or Public Safety, who can arrange for medical attention.
* Individuals who experience symptoms and believe they might have contracted this virus should not self-diagnose but should consult a medical professional.
* You should not attempt to diagnose others, but if you are concerned that someone is exhibiting flu-like symptoms, you may contact the Student Health Services office for assistance.
* The Centers for Disease Control’s alert recommends you wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. Alcohol-based hand cleaners are also effective.
* Student ambassadors from St. John’s Office of Student Wellness are distributing information pamphlets and hand sanitizers that reinforce the message of how to stay healthy during the flu outbreak.
* The University hotline—1-888-STJ-2499—carries up-to-date information regarding emergency situations or school closings.
* St. John’s has created a special web page to provide you with the latest news and information about our efforts regarding A/H1N1. Go to Home (http://www.stjohns.edu) and click on the “University Notice” box in the lower right corner.
* All academic operations, programs and special events (e.g., athletic competitions) continue to go forward as normal on all our campuses unless specifically noted in the emergency hotline message.
* St. John’s continues to monitor the flu outbreak on a local, national and international level. In addition, the Office of Student Wellness is receiving continual updates from the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene and St. John’s will continue to follow their recommendations and protocols.
* For more information, visit the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene’s web site at Swine Influenza (Swine Flu) : Bureau of Communicable Diseases : NYC DOHMH (http://www.nyc.gov/html/doh/html/cd/cd-swineflu.shtml) or call 1-866-NYC-DOH1 (1-866-692-3641)

You can rest assured that all necessary precautions are being taken by the University. We have also established protocol for addressing any new cases should they arise. Posters and flyers regarding prevention of this outbreak have been distributed on all of our campuses, and several other University communication vehicles (e-mail, plasma screens across campus, web site and St. John’s Central announcements) are being utilized. We ask for your continued cooperation in following appropriate precautions, remaining calm and seeking the University’s guidance when confronted with concerns or rumors.

ZenkiCam
05-01-2009, 03:15 PM
Shut up Cameron. :whip:

Yeah, if it REALLY is such a big deal, close Mexico off for awhile.

i...i.. i just want attentionnnnnnnn..... :cry:

ESmorz
05-01-2009, 03:19 PM
Apparently some baldies from Camp Pendleton have it.

Great news...

jskateborders
05-01-2009, 04:05 PM
Its seriously not a big deal
The only difference between human flu and pig flu is that they didnt create the flu vaccine with the swine flu in mind. So that means that it makes no difference if you didnt get vaccinated, and if you did, it doesnt matter, you may as well not have. Symptoms are identical, treatments are identical, severity is the same. Look it up, do research. Just media hype. Except Im not allowed to return to school until the 5th and Im currently missing exams, which many of my classes have a no makeup policy. Thats the worst part. Its BS. And Im missing work, so next months gonna be a tight on. SO the biggest ill affects of this on me are created by the media. And alot of you are going to get it, its just a flu no big. Then they are going to step in, save us all and make health care public.

did you go to mexico?
No, but I do live in tucson

johngriff
05-01-2009, 04:51 PM
And alot of you are going to get it, its just a flu no big. Then they are going to step in, save us all and make health care public.

Poli-Sci major? I saw this one coming a mile away too. There is a huge vote on the budget approving allot of socialized medicine coming up, timing could not have been better.

No, but I do live in tucson

Might as well be mexico.

Use the time off to write some nice formal letters to your work and prof's. Use the media hype to your advantage, leverage it to get paid for the time off, and to make up your tests.

jskateborders
05-01-2009, 07:30 PM
Poli-Sci major? I saw this one coming a mile away too. There is a huge vote on the budget approving allot of socialized medicine coming up, timing could not have been better.

Might as well be mexico.

Use the time off to write some nice formal letters to your work and prof's. Use the media hype to your advantage, leverage it to get paid for the time off, and to make up your tests.
Nah, engineering major lol, but I still pay attention to whats going on, and the swine flu is the same situation as any time the flu vaccine has not been affective against the current strain. Only difference is they are blowing this one way outta proportion and scaring the population. The government always scares the population when theres an agenda. Gun control, Patriot act, ect. This is terrible, this will happen to you unless you let us do this. To me it makes sense that this agenda includes making health care public, as that is one of obamas goals.

The Chad
05-01-2009, 09:02 PM
It's here in Midlothian VA now...fucker tested poss like 10 mins from my apt in a Patient First Clinic. I hope you guys are right about this just being all hype... Other wise, it was nice knowing all of you :(

blackflag_Rms13
05-01-2009, 09:43 PM
http://bouncewith.me.uk/europe/8027043.htm

Shit just got FAKE.

ThatGuy
05-01-2009, 09:47 PM
I'm pretty sure the BBC's website is not "BounceWith.Me"

The Chad
05-02-2009, 08:26 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8027043.stm (http://bouncewith.me.uk/europe/8027043.htm)

Shit just got real.

That's Bullshit !!!......right??????:confused:

lolatclint
05-02-2009, 10:16 AM
Wowowowowoowfjas;flss;df;jx im wearing a mask to school from now on xd

HyperTek
05-02-2009, 11:41 AM
reminds me of resident evil 5, except in mexico instead of africa lol

240love
05-02-2009, 12:18 PM
that cant be real... can it?? that would be crazy

time to load up on amo

ThatGuy
05-02-2009, 12:21 PM
Did anybody pay attention to the post I made right after that?

BBCs website is not bouncewith.me.

In other words, for those of you too dense to catch on...

IT'S A FAKE STORY. THE FLU WILL NOT TURN YOU INTO A ZOMBIE!!!!!!!!!!!

We now return you to your regularly scheduled stupidty.

SimpleS14
05-02-2009, 01:54 PM
LOL @ Barry

Welp, it finally hit NoVA in Alexandria and D.C. at George Washington University.

I was wearing my GMU jacket and got quite a bit of looks....people were probably wondering if I got swine flu on spring break. :keke:

ronmcdon
05-02-2009, 02:25 PM
lol, you'd think ppl would catch on by now.
the faux link even hints the prior spoof on zombies in in Thailand.
good 'onion' material nonetheless.

blackflag_Rms13
05-02-2009, 05:23 PM
Bah you guys are ridiculous, it's clearly a joke, have some fun with it.

Helghast
05-02-2009, 05:51 PM
http://www.supermaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/mooretank.jpg

jskateborders
05-16-2009, 01:30 PM
Its been a while and I totally forgot until someone hit me up about it, but heres an update. So I origianally went to the doctor on the 28th, at which point they decided to quarantine me to be safe, told me not to leave my home until the 5th, and sent my sample to the local lab which tested for influenza a, which is basically almost every mammal born strain of the flu.

My tests came back positive on the first of may, so they sent it to the state lab for futher testing. Apparently they tested for the seasonal flu strains and on tuesday the 5th let me know that I tested negative for the known seasonal flu strains.

At this point they sent the tests to the cdc to test for swine and finally on friday the 8th they called me to tell me that the tests confirmed H1N1.

So heres the thing, the flu virus basically has a life of 8 days, the day before the symptoms and 7 days after they start, meaning that I had long been over the flu by the time they told my that I had it. Had this thing been a true epidemic, outbreak, what have you, we'd be pretty screwed.

Another thing to note is the drugs I was prescribed were not available, and I didn't end up getting anything until Friday the 1st, at which point I was pretty much better anyways, without their magic anti swine flu drugs.

So this whole hype is ridiculous, and that furthers my opinion that the gov't has an agenda by declaring this a national pandemic or what have you.

And btw, the h1n1 is going to be the seasonal flu in the fall, so I don't have to worry about getting the flu this coming flu season.

I know this threads kinda dead, just figured some of you would like to know.

Phlip
05-16-2009, 01:55 PM
I'm actually a carrier...
I have had it since I got home from Atlanta on the 4th, but I have played basketball every day and not missed ANY work.
I am totally not serious, it has been seasonal allergies, but the look on peoples' faces when I tell them it is swine flu is fucking PRICELESS!!!

ronmcdon
05-16-2009, 02:06 PM
that is good info.
goes to show that's it pretty much harmless for some (if not for most).

while I think the media might have been guilty of capitalizing off this (like they always do with almost any controversy), I'm not too convinced it was a government conspiracy.
It was scary because of the quick spread of the virus and the uncertainty as to it's damage.
In the end (if this is it), not much came out of it in the US.

I very much doubt such a relatively unimportant event would serve as sufficient justification for any major political policy change within the US.
well, maybe I could see the US donating $$$ to Mexico to clean up their dismal medical system and tighten up their containment procedures, but that's about it.

Phlip
05-16-2009, 02:17 PM
I could see the US donating $$$ to Mexico to clean up their dismal medical system and tighten up their containment procedures, but that's about it.

I would sooner see the US do that shit at home first before going anywhere else with it.

I apologize, this thread is not about that.

Mi Beardo es Loco
05-16-2009, 02:23 PM
I'm not sure if this has been said or not but the swine flu is bullshit. the regular flu kills more than 13,000 people a year anually and has killed more people over the whole swine flu scare than the actual swine flu has. Not only that but it's been around since the 30's and NOW all of a sudden we have to be scared of it? NOW it's going to transform into an airborn virus? give me a break. it's all a ploy for universal healthcare. Excuse me while I eat a taco on a beach in Mexico without a worry.

Phlip
05-16-2009, 02:26 PM
I'm not sure if this has been said or not but the swine flu is bullshit. the regular flu kills more than 13,000 people a year anually and has killed more people over the whole swine flu scare than the actual swine flu has. Not only that but it's been around since the 30's and NOW all of a sudden we have to be scared of it? NOW it's going to transform into an airborn virus? give me a break. it's all a ploy for universal healthcare. Excuse me while I eat a taco on a beach in Mexico without a worry.

Actually all that has been said, with the exception of the universal healthcare thing -- and there was even a joking reference to at least FIXING healthcare here.