PDA

View Full Version : Efff this essss

Bubbles
04-24-2009, 11:28 PM
Sprained my ankle this Wednesday.

That's 4 times in the 4 months since I've joined the gym.

I was even wearing my brace.

Adding insult to injury, no longer than 1 minute of driving through town after leaving the gym in immense pain, I get pulled over for not wearing a seat belt.

Genuinely thinking of taking 3 months off to heal it.

But damn I'll be pissed if after coming back I still roll it.

END EMO RANT

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k116/likewhoa_fursure/Emo/EmoBoy-1.jpg

shishcabobers
04-24-2009, 11:32 PM
:blah:
Post this on your blog.

www.xanga.com

Use it.

iROYAL
04-24-2009, 11:32 PM
are you drinking your
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_O91v6KIGBnQ/SaGqDAIHSiI/AAAAAAAAALA/Iyi0zTHxqd0/s400/malk.jpg

?

Bubbles
04-24-2009, 11:38 PM
Muskells not bones.

iROYAL
04-24-2009, 11:40 PM
Muskells not bones.

your not getting enough vitamin R

:trogdor:

Bubbles
04-24-2009, 11:42 PM
SIR.............................really, sir?

ha ha

iROYAL
04-24-2009, 11:46 PM
don't worry
http://odeo.com/uploads/0000/4514/serial_113599_large.png

too

FlatDrftCJS
04-25-2009, 11:23 AM
sorry to break it to you, but your ankle will never be the same. Once you sprain it, the tendons, ligaments or whatever you damaged will heal, but not as strong as before you sprained it. That ankle will be weak forever. Take care of it and take extra precautions.

drftwerks
04-25-2009, 11:41 AM
i want to

b

my

l

on

her

t's

r6_240sx
04-25-2009, 12:16 PM
How do you keep on rolling your ankle?

airforceone451
04-25-2009, 12:28 PM
Hell yeah man, I know what you're going through. I do a lot of tricking (martial arts with flashy kicking, flips, etc) and I sprain my left ankle all the time. I can't even count the number of times on my hands because I don't have enough fingers. I can barely roll it to the side because it's just not able to anymore. I have to use caution when playing basketball or soccer because it's so easy to roll it. Just take a break and be careful :)

240love
04-25-2009, 12:36 PM
word.. rolling ankles suck (skateboarding)

BustedS13
04-25-2009, 12:39 PM
i used to roll my ankles all the time when i wore af1's

switched to dunks and now i have happy feetwrists

qwikspool
04-25-2009, 12:43 PM
what kind of work out was you doing when you sprained your ankle?

Zero_SX
04-25-2009, 01:20 PM
Obviously doing something wrong if you injure it 4 times in 4 months. That 3 months off is a great idea, though. You should use that time to figure out what your doing wrong and correct it.

p.s.
The whole gettin pulled over thing, always seems to work out that way. Sucks!

Bubbles
04-25-2009, 01:38 PM
I was playing basketball every single time.

r6_240sx
04-25-2009, 01:42 PM
Do you wear hi-tops and tie your shoes snugly?

I remember if I didn't do the 2 above I would usually roll my ankles too. Gotta support dem ankles.

upsdude
04-25-2009, 04:21 PM
you should consider going to a podiatrist (foot doctor). have him check your feet out. i used to have alot of knee problems because my feet were flat, which put too much pressure on my knees. i had to buy $500 custom orthotics but were well worth it. Especially since i'm on my feet 9-10 hours a day (i'm a UPS driver). do you walk pigeon toed? that was my problem i'd always sprain my ankles playing ball too. i'd just be running and since my step was all off i'd roll em out of nowhere.

SILEIGHTY_DET
04-25-2009, 06:08 PM
i know it sounds weird , but when i ran track i sprained my ankle once or three times. my coach told me to excercise it by laying down on my back and and resting my leg on a cussion or big pillow and trace the abc's with my toes in the air with just with my ankle , not with my leg. supprisingly i havent had a problem since. i did from a-z twice a day while watching tv, im sure you could do more but that cured my problem.

hope this helps

Scott

yabeet
04-25-2009, 07:13 PM
I feel for you man, rolling your ankle sucks donkey balls.

Before last August, I used to land bad on my ankle all the time with no injury. Once I came down from a dunk and my first foot down was on a ball and after 2 minutes I was ok. I used to be the cockiest shit; "My ankles are so strong!":blah:
That was until I got some low cut Gil Arenas kicks...You have so much flexibility in those things... I was dunking for a few pick up games and then I was taking my steps to dunk on this kid and he stepped out and I did the smart thing and stepped right on his foot.
I rolled it so good I had to grab my ankle like a girl. Its never been the same since, I fractured my talus and damaged 3 ligaments. I have jumped around touching high spots around my house and can feel how tight my ankle is, it pisses me off thinking about it.
Ill see when this cold place finally warms up if I still got some ups or not.

i know it sounds weird , but when i ran track i sprained my ankle once or three times. my coach told me to excercise it by laying down on my back and and resting my leg on a cussion or big pillow and trace the abc's with my toes in the air with just with my ankle , not with my leg. supprisingly i havent had a problem since. i did from a-z twice a day while watching tv, im sure you could do more but that cured my problem.

hope this helps

Scott

Thanks Scott Im definitely going to try this, interesting exercise! :)

SexPanda
04-25-2009, 10:51 PM
are you drinking your
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_O91v6KIGBnQ/SaGqDAIHSiI/AAAAAAAAALA/Iyi0zTHxqd0/s400/malk.jpg

?

You have ADD?

in an unrelated note...

I've rolled my ankle a few times. It sucks major donkey balls. But being a mechanic and all I get quite a bit of excerise at work now. Lifting, crawling, getting on my tippy toes to reach shit Ive dropped into engine bays...

and I just did that A to Z thing. I can totally see how that would help. You bend your ankle every imaginable way.

thats also a nifty trick when going down on girls. Spell out things with your tongue... But I digress...

iRONDONkey
04-25-2009, 11:20 PM
I was playing basketball every single time.

try falling with the motion.

unless it's a quick snap, like my last time...still hasn't healed from last year..

but i hate rolling ankles. i've only done it play bball too...

Bubbles
04-25-2009, 11:35 PM
and trace the abc's with my toes in the air with just with my ankle

Yeah, I've got some exercises I'm going to do, that's one of them.

You have ADD?

thats also a nifty trick when going down on girls. Spell out things with your tongue... But I digress...

Already knew that. :keke:

try falling with the motion.

It happens way to quick to react.

One reason I haven't did ankle exercise yet is because when I roll it, it always involves somebody else or landing on someones foot.

It seems like it'll roll no matter what.

Bubbles
04-26-2009, 09:40 PM
Going to talk to the trainer and my nurse tomorrow to see what they say.

Which I already know what that is.

However, their both gorgeous females so they just may convince me to stay off the courts for a while.

lucky7
04-27-2009, 08:29 AM
http://weblog.sinteur.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/worlds-smallest-violin.jpg

murda-c
04-27-2009, 08:39 AM
I sprained my ankle playing paintball last year and i still cant jump for shit off of my right foot.

makes basketball tons of fun.

DALAZ_68
04-27-2009, 09:07 AM
http://weblog.sinteur.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/worlds-smallest-violin.jpg
LOL ohh man i wanted to say it but a picture is better...

i know ankle pains, big woop wana fight about it? lol having/needing surgery for it is worst...

aziankingz
04-27-2009, 10:06 AM
i have the same problem.. sprained it bad as a child in elementary school..it healed after a month since i was still young..then in high school jumped up to get a rebound and landed on a kids foot and it practically twisted all the way up and i hear a pop and then a lot of pain.. after that.. it was down hill.. played fine for a few years and about 2 years ago.. sprained again and since then it would sprain with every retarded move you make.. got an ankle brace (mcdavid brace with the laces) and it seems ok..make sure you get the size that will keep it nice and snug so your ankle doesnt roll.. but only after you heal your ankle correctly.. if you can see your ankle is larger than the other, then you must heal it correctly or it will stay like that forever (known from my personal experience) so dont play bball until your ankle is better.. it also helps to move your ankles in a circular motion (if possible) to exercize it and keep it from stiffening up.

Bubbles
04-27-2009, 02:44 PM
^^^

That pretty much describes my situation exactly.

Turned it bad, heard it pop, now it rolls at the slightest thing.

My doctor told me 3 weeks of no real activity at all to allow it to heal.

Then lots of ankle exercise, and light workouts with no real chance of rolling it again.(ie full court basketball)

If that goes smooth(fingers and dicks crossed) then real basketball with braces.

And now, here's Conway Twitty:

YouTube - Conway Twitty-Hello darlin' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67GSo3MxGi0)

mrmephistopheles
04-27-2009, 10:48 PM
Q_Q more.