PDA

View Full Version : Pink Eye Remedies

Sil-Abc
04-22-2009, 09:29 PM
Ive tried a few I found on google like the green tea bag on the eye (no pun intended), eye drops and washing the eye out. Anyone have some remedies they tried before that work? I think i got it from working under the car and something got in my eye and stayed there. The things i do for drifting... dammit

Seriously, i need something that actually works because this shit hurts and my right eye is blurry as fuck...

NO SOMEONE DID NOT FART ON MY PILLOW

Fries
04-22-2009, 09:33 PM
Wash your hands after you're done with yourself... if you know what I mean.

I honestly have no idea.
The above statement is just the first thing I think of when it comes to pink eye.
aaaaand I thought I'd waste bandwidth to let you know this.

good luck

neverrain
04-22-2009, 09:38 PM
Any reason you aren't going to the doctor? They will give you prescription eye drops. Watch yourself too, it contagious as fuck.

Mister.E
04-22-2009, 09:39 PM
Seriously, i need something that actually works because this shit hurts and my right eye is blurry as fuck...

have you tried a doctor? if i had pink eye that would be the first thing that came to my mind.

qwikspool
04-22-2009, 09:46 PM
found this at webmd.com

What Are the Treatments for Pink Eye?

Traditionally, home remedies have been sufficient for soothing pink eye associated with uncomplicated colds, minor infections, or allergies. Treatment consists primarily of cleansing the eyes and preventing the condition from spreading.
To relieve discomfort of bacterial or viral pink eye, apply a warm compress for 5 to 10 minutes, three to four times a day. Preservative-free artificial tears can be frequently applied. Never use steroid eye drops without a doctor's prescription.
For allergic pink eye, place a cool compress on your closed eye and use nonprescription eye drops to relieve itching and burning. If the condition does not improve in three days, consult your doctor.
Viral pink eye usually runs its course in one to two weeks. Because it is not caused by bacteria, viral conjunctivitis does not respond to antibiotics. Artificial tears will also help relieve symptoms of pink eye.
Pink eye caused by the herpes virus may be treated with antiviral eye drops, ointment, and/or antiviral pills.
For bacterial pink eye, the treatment will probably call for antibiotic eye drops or ointment. This generally clears the symptoms within a few days. Be sure to complete the full course of antibiotic therapy. For more stubborn cases, an oral antibiotic may be prescribed. Oral antibiotics are routinely prescribed for pink eye caused by gonorrhea or chlamydia. Sexual partners are also treated.
Allergic pink eye should respond to topic vasoconstrictors, antihistamines, or steroid eye drops. Repeating an earlier warning, you should never apply steroid drops for any eye symptoms without a doctor's prescription.
If your pink eye symptoms do not appear to be associated with a cold or allergy, you may want to see your primary care provider or local eye doctor for a more comprehensive evaluation.

jzepol1985
04-22-2009, 09:47 PM
Hand Sanitizer it burns, or a shit load of Clear eyes every 5-10 minutes.

Twincamlove
04-22-2009, 09:49 PM

haha i was gonna say clear eyes for the win but you beat me to it.

hope it helps

Mister.E
why in the hell would you ever put hand sanitizer in your eyes?

WERDdabuilder
stop taking money shots.

Bubbles
04-22-2009, 09:53 PM
why in the hell would you ever put hand sanitizer in your eyes?

Rosie O Donnel just took off her shirt.

qwikspool
04-22-2009, 09:58 PM

:tweak: :hahano:

O3DigitalBath
04-22-2009, 10:34 PM
you gotta go find out how farted on your pillow (bare-ass)

moneybags
04-22-2009, 10:44 PM
When I got it I just used visine and waited it out. It sucked balls for a week with all that "oh fuck I can't open my eyes!" shit in the morning.

Felipe
04-22-2009, 11:28 PM
this happend to my cuzin... pink eye for sure, but after a few days he went to the doctor and found out that he had tinie winie small flakes of metal and dirt. every rub of the eye was like sandpaper cutting him. he had to get them out with some micro. surgery stuff.

Mister.E
04-22-2009, 11:29 PM
Rosie O Donnel just took off her shirt.

ok, i suppose if you couldnt find a knife to put in your eyes the hand sanitizer will suffice

BustedS13
04-22-2009, 11:30 PM
smoke a ton of weed

oh my god

RiversideS13
04-22-2009, 11:34 PM
do you have a lot of sticky stuffs on your eye, especially after you slept? if so, it might be bacterial infeciton. if not, might be viral origin.

or you can just go ask a pharmacist for their recommendation

Killa_D
04-22-2009, 11:35 PM
a good one is allot of lime juice and a little bit of salt and pepper and tad of chilly powder you should be good after a couple of mins lol.

whyrun?
04-22-2009, 11:35 PM
^ haha

idk about pink eye but motherfucker i got a drop of solder in my eye today. shit burns hardcore.

Sil-Abc
04-22-2009, 11:36 PM
i would go to the doctor cept i dont kno if they accept my insurance provider because its thru the school. The school health center is closed so i have to wait till morning.. kinda sucks cuz i have a midterm and quiz tomorrow but luckily i got the midterm postponed for me.... damn i cant see for shit in my right eye, hella blurry

Felipe
04-22-2009, 11:58 PM
heres your solution

http://kotaku.com/assets/resources/2008/03/pirate%20eye%20patch.jpg

FlatDrftCJS
04-23-2009, 12:32 AM
if you have crusty discolored shat in your eye when you wake up, it's a bacterial infection. Tobramycin will fix that up. you need a prescription for that though. The bacteria could be a non serious form of staph infection. You can get staph infections from blowing your nose and touching your eye after. Hard to believe that people have staph bacteria living naturally in your body. Usually an infection occurs when your immune system is overloaded or weakened by stress or if you gots the aids.

Sil-Abc
04-23-2009, 12:44 AM
o shit... jon wayne has the AIDS!! noooo!!!!!

HyperTek
04-23-2009, 08:18 AM
hit up your school they are usually cool about giving you help.. they are very limited, but they can still prescribe you things

s13silady
04-23-2009, 09:45 AM
what my buddy did when he had the pink eye is when he was in the shower, he told me that he took a good antibacterial bar soap (Dial, dove, etc) and rubbed it on his eye, eyelids, around the eye, etc and it cleared up withing 2-3 days. try that.. it might burn like fuck.. but what more can go wrong... you have pink eye already. lol..

dont forget to rub your eyes with your hand and shake the hand of people you dont like.

rokmplutonium
04-23-2009, 09:57 AM
Just get some eye drops. There's no need to put soap, lime/lemon in your eye. Those things burn like crazy anyways.
Eye Drops Explained - AllAboutVision.com (http://www.allaboutvision.com/buysmart/eye-drops.htm#infection)
This site will help you choose which you need.

BTW, you don't have to lie about how you got it.
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s210/sr20rps13/541yfl5.png

Kouki*Monster
04-23-2009, 10:00 AM
lol SALAD TOSSER :D
jk jk
hope it goes away soon

zenki.life
04-23-2009, 10:33 AM
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s210/sr20rps13/541yfl5.png

haha i was totally thinking about knocked up when i read this.

ms!3
04-23-2009, 07:25 PM
lol we called it shit eye in boot camp. mine was gone overnight after i used the eye drops.

ronmcdon
04-23-2009, 08:05 PM
had this before once while stuck on a 13 hr flight.
went to an eye doctor and he prescribed regular eye drops & covering the eye in some rag soaked in hot water for 10 mins.
aspirin & other painkillers help alleviate the irritation somewhat.

driven_
04-23-2009, 09:38 PM
hmm
i remember i came home from school with a fatass pink swollen eye from itching it.

all i did was use uh Similisan or whatever that stuff is called.

got some sleep and a few drops and 2 hours later i could see again..

"i can see clearllyyy nowww the pinkeye is goneeeeee"

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/images/catalog/skus/sq-7007.gif