PDA

View Full Version : Just got Refed

Team DET
04-22-2009, 01:04 PM
There a shit load of bike cops here in san Bernardino pulling anything that has a exhaust and there hiding.I wasn't even speeding for my exhaust to sound loud.I got pulled on Est/Hospitaly be careful

silcoupeguy987
04-22-2009, 01:19 PM
A friend who is a tow guy informed me that "all so cal" will be pulling ANYTHING modded and ticking them and or impound depending on your mods. Also he informed me his tow company just signed a contract where they are going to have him at random times just hanging out with the cops doing mini street side stings, so they have the tow truck on hand and dont have to wait around for the tow.

I'm in san diego, but I guess it's true sounds like you where effected by it. I'm so glad I switched my car back to a bone stock KA, now I get to keep my car instead of watching it roll away on a flat bed......

Team DET
04-22-2009, 01:33 PM
yeah i might sell it and just get something that turbo from factory

doso
04-22-2009, 01:35 PM
Will I need to start looking for a stock looking exhaust. Good thing I'm on stock KADE

VROOOM
04-22-2009, 02:08 PM
this sucks, my stock exhaust is really loud for stock. ive been followed a few times by the cops but never pulled over. that would suck to get a ticket for a stock exhaust.

silcoupeguy987
04-22-2009, 02:41 PM
I heard anything not CARB legal is GONE!!!!!

and any mod on your car is P/C for a cop to pull you over and sniff around in your car...

s14vagabond
04-22-2009, 02:47 PM
dude ive had my reinhard exhaust REsonated and had cops follow me, but so far i havent gotten pulled over yet....
also if i see any cops, ill put it in neutral and coast.

KDL323
04-22-2009, 05:06 PM
thanks for looking out.

cops keep following me and i literally have a 100% stock s12.

iRONDONkey
04-22-2009, 05:10 PM
damn it must suck living there....i can't even imagine how anal they are with other things.

Joshkl
04-22-2009, 06:00 PM
i hate san diego.

WoolyS14DET
04-22-2009, 06:13 PM
damn it must suck living there....i can't even imagine how anal they are with other things.

Its worse than you could even begin to think of !!!

Om1kron
04-22-2009, 06:30 PM
guess what guys, they've been doing this for the last 10 years. Stop pretending like you found out the scoop. dummies

soreballz
04-22-2009, 07:59 PM
^lol.

I <3 having an Arizona license plate. I can drive around with a fucking open downpipe, and once they see the AZ plate, they don't bother stopping me. Its the equivalent to flipping them the bird as they pass. lol

shade
04-22-2009, 08:07 PM
Even if you have CARB stickers or stamps, cops will still send you to the referee station. They'll pull the "I'm not a mechanic, so I'll send you to the ref to make sure" bullshit. They also carry around pictures of engine bays with common modifications now.

I heard anything not CARB legal is GONE!!!!!

and any mod on your car is P/C for a cop to pull you over and sniff around in your car...

kornaz
04-22-2009, 08:27 PM
guess what guys, they've been doing this for the last 10 years. Stop pretending like you found out the scoop. dummies

Hold your horses there. Seems like cop activity is way up high these days. Yes, they used to pull over modded cars and such, but it's way up right now. And not just modded cars etc. They will pull over anything they can.

brndck
04-22-2009, 08:38 PM
i <3 my florida plate.

for the complainers:

if you drive an illegally modified car, you have NO RIGHT TO COMPLAIN.

thats like me selling drugs and complaining that the cops keep hassling me.

if your car is legally modified, i empathize with the hassle. hell, i got a fix it ticket in my bone stock mazda mx3 and it took a full fucking day of running around to courthouses and chp to get it taken care of, not to mention the $50 in fees.

but you gotta pay to play.

KDL323
04-22-2009, 09:37 PM
Only reason is because of this Recession that we are having and they are doing anything that they can to get money.

brndck
04-22-2009, 09:46 PM
Only reason is because of this Recession that we are having and they are doing anything that they can to get money.

ignorant.

you really think that cracking down on ricers is profitable?

last year when that huge bust in riverside (iirc) happened and they impounded a bunch of cars and issued a bunch of tickets, they spent over $200k in man-hours and overtime. do you really think they made that all back in impound fees and ref tickets?

maybe they're bored.

maybe they've been directed to focus on improving the safety of our public streets.

maybe they saw f&f4 and just feel like being nazis.

there are 8 billion maybes.

don't ever assume that a police officer has an alterior motive.

he might even like imports.

but he has a job to do.

zilvia_brothers
04-22-2009, 10:30 PM
thanks for the heads up. i go to school around the area and i havent gotten into any trouble with cops. i usually use my brothers car since it saves gas compared to my s12 lol

LimeLite Racing
04-22-2009, 10:46 PM
This makes me want to leave socal. I never really had any problems with my sr in san diego when I was living out there, but then again I was in east county and I hardly saw many cops. California is harsh on our imports.

M [ ] T Ll R l< 49
04-22-2009, 11:01 PM
ignorant.

last year when that huge bust in riverside (iirc) happened and they impounded a bunch of cars and issued a bunch of tickets, they spent over $200k in man-hours and overtime. do you really think they made that all back in impound fees and ref tickets?

maybe they're bored.

maybe they've been directed to focus on improving the safety of our public streets.

but he has a job to do.
I Like The Nazi Part lol
F The Police!

kornaz
04-23-2009, 12:24 AM

Mostly true.

ignorant.

maybe they're bored.

but he has a job to do.

YOU are ignorant. The fucked up economy plays big part in this. So many Gov't jobs have been cut, so the Popo have to make up some part of the money. And don't even compare Riverside crap - it was a planned shit. What is happening right now is everyday they drive around like usual, but they just try to pull over anyone for any reason. I could go on and on, but this will go nowhere.

handinpants
04-23-2009, 01:34 AM
sd is great, nice open freeways, no cops, stay away from mira mesa and hondas, and you'll be fine.

pay your ref ticket and keep driving.

it seems like cops only float around bad areas of town, all i know is there is no beverly hills in san bernardino.... a lot of crack and meth, and shady stuff but no nice areas.....

move to somewhere else. like west la

r6_240sx
04-23-2009, 02:02 AM
^Anywhere in the LA area is bad, LOL...

TravisSW
04-23-2009, 02:51 AM
Makes me want to get into the CHP even quicker now haha.

Get enlisted, do the academy, become CHP and just mod the crap out of my S14. :)

Or just move to AZ or wherever long enough to get AZ plates lol.

jinesz32
04-23-2009, 03:15 AM
crazy..

i haven't gotten hasseled for my exhaust yet.. if anything i'll just get an exhaust ticket, i got a fully bone stock ka24de with an aem intake carb legal..

blitz nur spec + 3" downpipe + ka24de.

blakeZX
04-23-2009, 08:54 PM
Out-of-state plates is the only way to go if you drive a swapped/heavily modded car around here. Even then, you can still get hassled. I've gotten an exhaust ticket, and they scratched their heads about the RB25 but knew they couldn't cite me (if they even knew what it was). The point being, if your car draws attention in any way, you can bet at some point you'll get stopped and shaken down (figuratively speaking).

Remember, don't drive like a jackass, rev up, show off, etc. if you are concerned about the ref. You are inviting trouble. I agree that cops have a job to do and we can't really be mad at them for pulling us over...I attribute it more to the police being more informed about what's legal and what's not more than anything else.

I don't really even get second looks in my car from cops, as long as I drive sanely. (SD)