PDA

View Full Version : Well its been 15 days!!!

XeroX
04-20-2009, 03:52 PM
Since I have had a cigarette that is...

Ive been smoking a pack a day or more since i was 16 years old...(im 25 now) and i just quit cold turkey for the 2nd time ever...first time i quit for about a year or so...then started back again smoking those damn Prime times (chocolate mint for me).

So far its been pretty easy...alot easier than all the other times i have tried and failed...i guess its true, every "quit" is different...

Anyone else on the same bandwagon? And no being on the patch, gum, or chantix, or antidepressants like welbutrin...go home with that panzy $hit...cold turkey quitazz report! haha...

nsn240
04-20-2009, 04:00 PM
That's awesome man, I did the cold turkey a year or two ago, never even messed with the gum or patches stuff... Too bad that only lasted until summer came again. Hardest part for me was the first couple weeks, especially driving/after eating blah blah - I always said it's the habit, not the nicotine addiction.
4/20 also signifies me going cold turkey on something else too haha

thesimpleS13
04-20-2009, 04:17 PM
wow thats good man, I've been smoking about a pack a day too until recently, I've cut down to about 1 - 3 a day which is pretty good if u ask me haha. Eventually looking to quit. Keep up the hard work man i know its hard after a while good luck!!

anthony240
04-20-2009, 04:32 PM
good stuff man, i vowed to have my last cigarette yesterday. i've quit for about 3 years before starting up again 2 years ago, so i know i can live without it, i just have to keep myself occupied before the crave kicks.

XeroX
04-20-2009, 11:59 PM
Yea, just gota go one day at a time...if your gona smoke again...just do it tomorrow lol...makes things a little easier...i duno thats kinda what i do..

Yea i feel pretty confident this time around...

4/20..hmm hehe.... :keke: i think im too old to celebrate it...but i still chief one on occasion hehe

KA-Kait
04-21-2009, 12:02 AM
Good job Kelly. I'm proud of you. I wouldnt consider myself addicted to anything, but I know After a couple months of not smoking I always get the urge... but unlike you, I give in. :D

BlckBeautyVTEC
04-21-2009, 12:24 AM
go celebrate with a cigarette, i do

325irollin
04-21-2009, 01:25 AM
congrats! keep it up

DALAZ_68
04-21-2009, 07:55 AM
go celebrate with a cigarette, i do

lol what a dick lol

yeah well its summer time pretty soon in SoCal...the heat always makes me hate smoking a cig, so hopefully i remember to stop begining of summer, and if i can make it thru summer ill be goldem...winter and cigs are just to good though...lol...

good luck mang, i know its hard, ive done before as well...lasted a year... :cj:

whyrun?
04-21-2009, 09:09 AM
i have quit cold turkey for about 6 months. i have quit 3 times and all for about months.

my thing is not the nicotine, but the habit. long drives, socializing, and wrenching on cars.

i use to smoke 2 packs a day and now i am down to one. way i always quit is to jam 2 -3 packs of smoking in one day, knocks the crave out for the next day and then just quit.....

sounds crazy but worked for me 3 times....

XeroX
04-21-2009, 09:28 AM
lol what a dick lol

yeah well its summer time pretty soon in SoCal...the heat always makes me hate smoking a cig, so hopefully i remember to stop begining of summer, and if i can make it thru summer ill be goldem...winter and cigs are just to good though...lol...

good luck mang, i know its hard, ive done before as well...lasted a year... :cj:

Yea, the retarded thing is...i have asthma...Ive had it since i could remember, but its all alergy related. So right around spring and summer, i have hard times breathing....so this was always a time in the year that i would be wanting to quit cause i felt like i was literally dieing, its really stupid how much these damn cigs can get you hooked...

Ive never been hospitalized for my asthma, so by no means am i some weezing old man trying to get my last smoke on before i die haha...it was just not comfortable durring certain parts of the year (alergy season)

Yea but so far so good, im not going to lie i have smoked like half a cig over the weekend after i had a few too many drinks haha, but i put it out after like 3-4 hits, i hella wanted to smoke and once i hit it once, i already regreted it...its really wierd how dedicated i am this time around to get this stuff outa my life...i guess this is what they call "growing up?" lol...

I hope i dont make any FS adds on Craigslist trying to sell my 510 so i can start a "family" any time soon...:rimshot:

anthony240
04-21-2009, 01:44 PM
hahahaha i have allergy related asthma as well! fuck spring!!

kevmeistah21
04-21-2009, 03:42 PM

heyy i feel the same way! Summer it's just not satisfying in a way cause the heat, and the winter it's feels soo good and smooth.

SlideWell
04-21-2009, 04:02 PM
its nice to not smell like a bum anymore huh!

SexPanda
04-21-2009, 05:09 PM
i had my wisdom teeth removed yesterday. So its been since sunday night at like... midnight since Ive had a smoke... Its not so bad actually. But at the same time, I havent been at work yet, so we'll just see

Keep on keeping on man! Smoking is bad.