PDA

View Full Version : Dead Space

BustedS13
04-20-2009, 12:32 AM
is freaking my shit out. it's been like five years since a game made me jump, the last one being Doom 3. went to Gamestop planning to buy Mirror's Edge, but i think this was a way better buy, $35 used

i know it's been out for a while, anybody else play through it? i searched and didn't find a thread or anything. no spoilers please, i just entered a debris field or some shit, chapter four i think.

http://nsa06.casimages.com/img/2009/03/13//09031309411351776.jpg

ayuaddict
04-20-2009, 01:19 AM
looks pretty crazy.

post some videos!

BustedS13
04-20-2009, 01:30 AM
67cTIWDuKXM

M5QO7J9KRqM

neither of these really convey the constant edge of your seat experience or the top notch writing. it's like playing Alien. or Aliens. but not Alien 3 or Resurrection because those are gay.
..and it REALLY feels like Alien, because everything is gothic and looks like HR Geiger designed it.
play this now

TravisSW
04-20-2009, 02:38 AM
Welcome to like a couple of months ago.

lol
jk :)

Good game, didn't get too far. Was playing it at my friend's house on the hard setting on my very first time playing. lol. That was a blast.

Ace Callaway
04-20-2009, 03:02 AM
I beat the entire game. I believe there is only one part of the game that actually startled me. Other than that, the game just puts you under suspense. Maybe a spoiler, but it's not that scary.

This is kind of self contradictory, but if the game play wasn't so great, then the game would have sucked because the missions themselves require to do the same shit over and over. All I have to say is, once you get to the last part of the game, pay VERY close attention or you'll miss the point of the ending and you'll end up saying "wtf" to yourself, like I did.

Bioshock by far the best game ever made. Can't wait for the second one to come out.

LeftNutOfGowd
04-20-2009, 08:20 AM
Its fn awesome game I got it on black friday last year from target for 35 bucks I loved it but I recommenced if your going to buy any add on get the elite or tank suit your gonna need them for passing the game on insane level

Future240
04-20-2009, 08:51 AM
I was thinking about getting this, the reviews on amazon have been quite good.

SHIFT_*grind*
04-20-2009, 09:58 AM
it's like playing Alien. or Aliens. but not Alien 3 or Resurrection because those are gay.

We rented all four, and skipped the last half of Alien 3 (and all of Resurrection) because it was so awful.

KA-Kait
04-20-2009, 11:27 AM
I've heard nothing but good things about this game. I've actually been wanting to pick this up, but I stopped buying PC games because one of my fans is broken and over heating every 45 minutes is not a fun experience.

Matej
04-20-2009, 11:33 AM
Looks kind of cool, like Fallout in space.

zeitgeist
04-20-2009, 11:58 AM
before playing the game you guys should def watch the Anime(Dead Space: Downfall) which basically shows what happened before you arrive on the ship. It's some intense shit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eECIz0G2HIU

But yeah, its a pretty epic game

zenki.life
04-20-2009, 12:03 PM
how bout condemned 2. played that one at 2 am with the lights out. haha.

zenki.life
04-20-2009, 12:04 PM
before playing the game you guys should def watch the Anime(forgot the complete title) which basically shows what happened before you arrive on the ship. It's some intense shit
But yeah, its a pretty epic game

i had a friend who rented that movie from netflix. most violent cartoon ive ever have ever seen. hot damn

aznpoopy
04-20-2009, 01:11 PM
Bioshock by far the best game ever made. Can't wait for the second one to come out.

correction:
system shock 2 is the best game ever made.
bioshock was basically a dumbed down system shock 2 with better graphics and a 1950's underwater setting.

rumor has it dead space was supposed to be system shock 3 but they couldn't get the rights to it, so they ended up taking it in a different direction. for that reason alone i've been interested in playing it.

TravisSW
04-20-2009, 01:43 PM
correction:
system shock 2 is the best game ever made.
bioshock was basically a dumbed down system shock 2 with better graphics and a 1950's underwater setting.

rumor has it dead space was supposed to be system shock 3 but they couldn't get the rights to it, so they ended up taking it in a different direction. for that reason alone i've been interested in playing it.

I love you.

SS2 hands down, best FPS/RPG ever. I may install that and play it again right now. Get my friend to play and LAN. :)

And now that you said it, I can see Dead Space being a SS3.

Love you.
lol

BustedS13
04-21-2009, 02:49 AM
We rented all four, and skipped the last half of Alien 3 (and all of Resurrection) because it was so awful.

resurrection is good for the lulz. spoiler, when the alien/human hybrid gets sucked through a hole in a window, it's super funny.
Alien and Aliens are just balls-out awesome movies, though. i've seen both at midnight shows more than once

so i'm on like chapter six now and this game shouldn't be creeping me out as much as it does, but i'm playing it at 3am with the lights off and the bass up, and i'm really getting sucked into the storytelling, because it's rad. my ex bitch keeps popping up on screens telling me to "make us whole again". for some reason i think she might not be ok.

HalveBlue
04-21-2009, 09:00 AM
Great game.

I don't play a lot of video games anymore but I just happened to rent this one after seeing a preview for it on some game show.

I should see about buying a copy from amazon in the States just so I don't have to put up with the horrible German dub.

Highly recommended.

turbobrick
04-21-2009, 12:14 PM
I have this game too, and I love it.

Bubbles
04-21-2009, 01:15 PM
MUST NOT FAP

http://nsa06.casimages.com/img/2009/03/13//09031309411351776.jpg

BustedS13
04-26-2009, 01:09 AM
just beat it, ending was awesome. final boss was way too easy on medium. thought the way things played out with the characters was pretty great. the last scare got me and two of my buddies watching. awesome

Future240
04-26-2009, 07:28 AM
So it really is that good? Who wants to sell it to me?

FaLKoN240
04-26-2009, 09:07 AM
Ugh, I might get this now, even though I HATE playing horror games.

s13silady
04-26-2009, 11:22 PM
hahahahah... i can only play this fucking game when my girlfriend is in the room... ive had the game for a year. im still on the third stage. LOL..

cal me a pussy no shame... you try playing this game alone in the room with a 50 inch plasma... i cant even do it with the volumn down... one day... maybe one day...

BustedS13
04-26-2009, 11:38 PM
i only have a 37", but with the lights off and sound up and nobody else around, it keeps you on edge for a while. towards the end it gets repetitive and drags a bit, but when shit goes down in the last 30 minutes of game, it's intense and awesome. everybody gets their shit fucked up

FaLKoN240
04-27-2009, 03:40 PM
I'm surprised anyone likes this game being that it's made by EA...

BustedS13
04-27-2009, 06:46 PM
I'm surprised anyone likes this game being that it's made by EA...

i've seen a couple franchises i loved turn to shit after EA took the helm, but i bought DS on hype, and didn't even notice it was EA until i started playing... surprised me.
i'm sure the sequel and MOVIE SPANNING THE TWO GAMES will suck fat cock though.

ESmorz
04-27-2009, 06:47 PM
Send it to me.

ZilviaKid
04-27-2009, 10:20 PM
you gave it a good review, so i bought it today.

fuck man. this shiz is scary. the scenery is creepy as fuck to begin with seeing as theres blood and bodies everwhere, then having some fucker jump out behind you.. my poor heart.

+1 for awesome. just started chapter 3.

hegamiz
04-27-2009, 10:36 PM
Ahhh!! I've been wanting to play this game for the longest but I wanna do it right... full surround sound w/ an huge LCD in a pitch black room!!! hahaha

NewS13Guy
04-29-2009, 10:20 AM
I think the game sucked. Shitty as camera angles and story line. I'll stick to F.E.A.R. games!

aznpoopy
04-29-2009, 10:34 AM
that's the first time i've heard anyone say FEAR has a good story.

fight soldiers who all look the same, while getting shock-scared by random and cheap appearances of a sadako wannabe who is actually the telepathic ghost of your long dead psychic mother who is being held in a giant psychic power suppressing metal ball situated under a major american city. then, in part 2, play a soldier who gets raped by her. the end.

HalveBlue
04-29-2009, 02:54 PM
Hmmm...I feel like renting Event Horizon and Alien.

BustedS13
04-29-2009, 07:41 PM
gamestop has F.E.A.R. for $20 used. can anybody else give it a solid recommendation? it's either that, Mirror's Edge, or... something else next

datboibrad
04-29-2009, 08:14 PM
gamestop has F.E.A.R. for $20 used. can anybody else give it a solid recommendation? it's either that, Mirror's Edge, or... something else next

F.E.A.R. series was good IMO. most would say it wasnt by today's standards but when it came out it was the shit. Mirror's Edge IMO blew total ass. got extremely old after the first 20 minutes. graphically it was fresh but thats where it ended. game play was super annoying and boring. would not reccomend.

aznpoopy
04-30-2009, 09:48 AM

fear1 or fear 2? fear 2, buy it.

fear 1... i wouldn't pay $20 bucks for it. but it was an awesome game when it came out.