PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

Daniel.
04-18-2009, 08:46 PM
Anyone else excited for this movie?

I love everything sci-fi or fantasy and HP is no exception.

I don't think any of the movies have really done him justice yet.

The latest trailer looks promising though.

Apple - Movie Trailers - Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/harrypotterandthehalfbloodprince/)

Discuss.

Jav1997GSX
04-18-2009, 08:50 PM
I think were pretty much alone on this one bro. But yea ive grown up with the Harry Potter movies and books, last movie was pretty good hopefully this one is better.

SoCal-s130
04-18-2009, 08:51 PM
Yeah I have been waiting for this. Real excite.

SexPanda
04-18-2009, 11:15 PM
I have never read nor have I ever seen a Harry Potter book or movie...

Although, from the pictures i've seen, I'd totally hit that one chick... She can play with my magic wand all day.

LongGrain
04-18-2009, 11:18 PM
ive seen all the movies. my room mate last year had them all so we would leave them playin all the time just for background noise during the day.

i'd be lying if i said i wasnt going to see the new one when it comes out.

same goes for the rest of the series.

Bubbles
04-19-2009, 12:10 AM
Haven't seen the movies or read any of the books.

My sister, who is in her late twenties, was valedictorian of her class, has a masters and a successful career loves the books.

Did I mention she's also genuinely mature and intelligent in day to day life.

So confusing.

Off topic, blah blah.

Flipzide
04-19-2009, 12:26 AM
i love the books. movies are alright too.

im looking forward the Deathly Hallows movies more though. gonna be epic.

the last 3 books are the best in the series because of deaths and battles, hehe.

flip3d
04-19-2009, 12:32 AM
Why can't it be out now?

Daniel.
04-19-2009, 08:03 AM
Haven't seen the movies or read any of the books.

My sister, who is in her late twenties, was valedictorian of her class, has a masters and a successful career loves the books.

Did I mention she's also genuinely mature and intelligent in day to day life.

So confusing.

Off topic, blah blah.

winnar.

obligatory pics or gtfo.

not so confusing if you ask me. Sci-fi fantasy stuff goes hand in hand with successful, intelligent, self motivated people like your sister.

back on topic, I read somewhere that the Deathly Hallows movie will be a two parter. One to be released in fall of '10 and the other early spring '11. :( so far away

lucky7
04-19-2009, 10:28 AM
i am the proud owner of all 5 dvd's thus far. :D big fan. haha.

SexPanda
04-19-2009, 10:36 AM
i remember in middle school these books were a huge thing... Are they really all dat? I mean, I've read War and Peace, im sure I can read Harry Potter.

ThatGuy
04-19-2009, 10:44 AM
I wanted absolutely nothing to do with this series when the first movie hit the theaters. Something about kids showing up to the movies in costume, and being completely obsessed over Harry.

Then the first movie was showing on HBO one weekend that I was getting a free preview. My curiosity got the better of me, and I decided to watch it. Compelling story, decent movie. Alright, still not worth the hype, but not horrible.

Fast forward a couple of weeks. The wifey and I are at "Sam's Club" stocking up on things. She happened to spot a paperback box set containing the first 4 books, and decided to buy it. Once again, curiosity got the better of me, and I read the first book.

J. K. Rowling is a good writer in my opinion. You can see her abilities develop throughout the series (I've read all 7 now) and she does a very good job of explaining the details. The movies translate fairly well, thanks to her writing ability, though the books are still better.

Now, why she decided to announce that Dumbledore was a homosexual, when she didn't specifically write it in any of the books, I still don't know.

Agamemnon
04-19-2009, 12:22 PM
winnar.

obligatory pics or gtfo.

not so confusing if you ask me. Sci-fi fantasy stuff goes hand in hand with successful, intelligent, self motivated people like your sister.

back on topic, I read somewhere that the Deathly Hallows movie will be a two parter. One to be released in fall of '10 and the other early spring '11. :( so far away

Correct. They felt that soo much had happened in the last book that it was necessary for two films. But they probably just wanted to squeeze every last dime out of the franchise.

My GF is a huge fan of the books. Every time a new book came out, I didn't see her for a couple of days, and we've live together. :rolleyes

Blurryeyes
04-19-2009, 03:07 PM
Now, why she decided to announce that Dumbledore was a homosexual, when she didn't specifically write it in any of the books, I still don't know.

http://onwhoseauthority.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/dumbledore-is-gay-lolcat.jpg

BustedS13
04-19-2009, 03:37 PM
love the books, movies not so much, emma watson fap fap etc

cserrano86
04-19-2009, 06:31 PM
I cant wait for this one. The last two books are the best. But I'm really looking forward to the Deathly Hollows movie, mainly part two. It's gonna be the shit dude.

zenki240sx
04-19-2009, 09:55 PM
Hell yea!! I've been waiting for harry potter to come out. I hate this twilight bull shit.

Daniel.
04-19-2009, 10:00 PM
i just want to keep watching the trailer every day like i did with star trek last month.

fuck yea.

cc4usmc
04-19-2009, 10:02 PM
Harry Potter is a bitch. It's such a disappointment.

325irollin
04-20-2009, 03:26 AM
I want to have Emma Watson's babies.

flip3d
04-20-2009, 04:27 AM

Get in line :)

Bubbles
04-20-2009, 09:15 PM
I want to have Emma Watson's babies if, AND ONLY IF, she's footing the bills and taking care of them, otherwise I just want her wrapped around my shaft

Bingo bango.

jzepol1985
04-20-2009, 09:26 PM
It pretty funny how people go to the book store and ruin the book for everyone else

Daniel.
07-15-2009, 05:33 PM
Anyone see this yet?

I'm waiting till next Monday to see it.

zenki.life
07-15-2009, 06:04 PM

wow. absolutely wow.

BustedS13
07-15-2009, 07:00 PM
if i wasn't working at 650am all week i would have seen it at midnight, couple buddies did and said it was rad as shit.

karl wasabi
07-15-2009, 07:32 PM
Saw this at midnight. I didn't really care for it, but my GF wanted to see it. So we went and watched it and I liked the movie a lot. I thought it was really good.

And yeah, Ema Watson is pretty hot. She wasn't in the beginning, but now... FAP.

cserrano86
07-16-2009, 08:17 AM
I saw that shit last night. DAMN!!
Too awesome... I'll wait a few days to post my complaints. Lol.

sub9lulu
07-16-2009, 08:29 AM

i'm making some babies with her u can have them

DALAZ_68
07-16-2009, 08:31 AM

seriously...i wonder how it would sound if she called me "Papi" with her accent? ohh how i wonder now

And yeah, Ema Watson is pretty hot. She wasn't in the beginning, but now... FAP.

isnt there a movie that shows her boobies...or is that katie holmes im thinking off?

i might catch this

exitspeed
07-16-2009, 08:37 AM
I've never been a fan of the series. Pretty much for the same reasons ThatGuy isn't. It just never appealed to me.

I'd rather watch Willow.

cserrano86
07-16-2009, 08:58 AM
I've never been a fan of the series. Pretty much for the same reasons ThatGuy isn't. It just never appealed to me.

I'd rather watch Willow.
You my friend, would be quite surprised...
At least give the books a shot. It's good stuff dude, seriously.

ThatGuy
07-16-2009, 09:25 AM
Mel, who said I wasn't a fan. :confused:

I said at first I couldn't stand the hype, and I still can't. :rl:

But the books are great, and the movies do a respectable job of conveying the books. :rawk:

I am, in fact, a big fan now. Just not the type of fan that buys up all the movie merchandise and freaks out at the premiers or anything. I have seen all but "Sorcerer's Stone" in the theater, and I own all the books. I have read all 7 books at least twice. :ddog:

exitspeed
07-16-2009, 09:43 AM
You my friend, would be quite surprised...
At least give the books a shot. It's good stuff dude, seriously.

I seriously don't have time to read books. If I did I think I'd rather read the Twilight books honestly.

I meant "wasn't"...:w00t:

40daws
07-16-2009, 10:40 AM
Great books and great movies. Win win. I wish the same production company behind the movies would get ahold of Stephen Kings books. Most of the movies sucked ass ,but the books are great. Thats why its great to have an imagination--that means your special effects budget is unlimited.

handinpants
07-16-2009, 10:53 AM
yeah too many hot young chicks are into this series.... i think your on your own with this one

ThatGuy
07-16-2009, 10:59 AM
I seriously don't have time to read books. If I did I think I'd rather read the Twilight books honestly.

Sparkly blood suckers? No thanks. :ghey:

DALAZ_68
07-16-2009, 11:10 AM

I said at first I couldn't stand the hype, and I still can't. :rl:

But the books are great, and the movies do a respectable job of conveying the books. :rawk:

I am, in fact, a big fan now. Just not the type of fan that buys up all the movie merchandise and freaks out at the premiers or anything. I have seen all but "Sorcerer's Stone" in the theater, and I own all the books. I have read all 7 books at least twice. :ddog:

damn, here i was i was hoping to see a pic of you in full potter gear..

cserrano86
07-16-2009, 11:12 AM
Yeah, seriously...
I haven't read the Twilight books, but from what I can tell.. JK Rowling did a much better job at creating this whole wizarding world... I love how down to detail she gets when describing things. She created a sport complete with rules, created many forms of wizard transportation, created a whole way of life for these characters... You cannot truly appreciate that aspect of it just from watching the movies alone...

exitspeed
07-16-2009, 11:17 AM

I love vampires almost as much as I love zombies. lol. And there just isn't enough good Vampire flicks. Plus the whole Vampire vs Werewolf thing set in real life is cool to me. But that's a different thread.

ThatGuy
07-16-2009, 12:47 PM
I love vampires almost as much as I love zombies. lol. And there just isn't enough good Vampire flicks. Plus the whole Vampire vs Werewolf thing set in real life is cool to me. But that's a different thread.

"Interview with a Vampire" blood suckers = cool

"Blade" vampires = decent

"Underworld" vamps = cool

"Twilight" body glitterd, emo, artery sippers = :ghey: :ghey: :ghey: :ghey: :ghey:

Twilight vamps are like the Jonas brothers of the undead.

cserrano86
07-16-2009, 12:56 PM
LOL!!! That quote just made my day. Thanks.

flip3d
07-16-2009, 01:00 PM
The thing I like about Harry Potter is how detailed everything is. Like Star Wars. There are schematics to the X-Wing floating around somewhere.

ManoNegra
07-16-2009, 01:17 PM
Grew up reading this sort of stuff
Not ashamed to say I loved the books
movies, not quite as much
and ThatGuy is right, something about going to a theater packed with
kiddies in wizard outfits...
so is IMAX late screening for me this weekend
can't wait

and since Vampires were mentioned

TRUE BLOOD is the shit!!

books are good and the TV series is tight

edit:
and seriously, Twilight - WTF!!?

cserrano86
07-16-2009, 02:09 PM
so is IMAX late screening for me this weekend
can't wait
Do they have it showing in IMAX in the theater you go to? From what I understand, IMAX screenings arent opening up until the 29th or some time around there due to Transformers...

DALAZ_68
07-16-2009, 02:56 PM

quoted for truth...

exitspeed
07-16-2009, 03:00 PM
"Interview with a Vampire" blood suckers = cool

"Blade" vampires = decent

"Underworld" vamps = cool

"Twilight" body glitterd, emo, artery sippers = :ghey: :ghey: :ghey: :ghey: :ghey:

Dang, you don't have to make me feel gay about it. :Owned:

Interview is one of my favorite movies ever.

ThatGuy
07-16-2009, 03:05 PM
Dang, you don't have to make me feel gay about it. :Owned:

Even the fact that he WAS IN A HARRY POTTER MOVIE, still doesn't make it better.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_U0ZCw41EaWU/ST46hHlazJI/AAAAAAAABLM/PNFgpWcAqMg/s400/2005_harry_potter_and_the_goblet_of_fire_081.jpg
Cedric Diggory was killed by Voldemort and became a Sparkly Emo Vampire. :down:
http://spidurmunkey.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/robert-pattinson.jpg

Troubled wizard teen to crazy haired :ghey: blood sucker in one script. Go Hollywood!

He's just a fake tan and a jar of hair gel away from being on of these guys.
http://www.skool.us/files/new/NewJerseyDouchebags004.jpg

Look out New Jersey, you're over run with VAMPIRES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111ONE!

Daniel.
07-16-2009, 03:44 PM
O

M

G

I didn't even realize the guy that played diggory was the guy from Twilight.

And LOL at him looking like those Guidos! HAHA.

You brighten my day Mr ThatGuy.

DALAZ_68
07-16-2009, 04:23 PM
http://spidurmunkey.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/robert-pattinson.jpg

Troubled wizard teen to crazy haired :ghey: blood sucker in one script. Go Hollywood!

He's just a fake tan and a jar of hair gel away from being on of these guys.
http://www.skool.us/files/new/NewJerseyDouchebags004.jpg

Look out New Jersey, you're over run with VAMPIRES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111ONE!

thats so wrong...

dahveed
07-16-2009, 04:47 PM
i just re-read the 7th book, and it made me remember how fucking shitty the epilogue was. it honestly was depressing reading it. :(

ManoNegra
07-16-2009, 05:08 PM
Do they have it showing in IMAX in the theater you go to? From what I understand, IMAX screenings arent opening up until the 29th or some time around there due to Transformers...

The Bridge in Culver City
saw the Imax previews so just assumed...