PDA

View Full Version : Abusive Border Patrol Agents w/ Nun Chucks at NM Checkpoint

FaLKoN240
04-18-2009, 08:09 PM
Guy argues with the police for like 30 minutes before getting away without exiting his vehicle, I wonder if I was this resistant in California about my car's "mods" if I'd get away scott-free.

YouTube - Abusive Border Patrol Agents w/ Nun Chucks at NM Checkpoint (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFS7oZtE8Ks)

Damn, I'm still watching this and wondering if this would work in California.

MongolPup
04-18-2009, 08:13 PM
Is it bad that I thought that was, for the most part, funny? I laughed. A lot.

Daniel.
04-18-2009, 08:30 PM
i couldn't listen to that guy's voice for more than 10 seconds.

too freakin annoying. the righteous indignation in his voice was just...too much

Sileighty_85
04-18-2009, 08:35 PM
it would be a great drinking game Video

Everytime you hear

"Free on my way"

Take a Shot

lflkajfj12123
04-18-2009, 08:42 PM
Guy argues with the police for like 30 minutes before getting away without exiting his vehicle, I wonder if I was this resistant in California about my car's "mods" if I'd get away scott-free.

YouTube - Abusive Border Patrol Agents w/ Nun Chucks at NM Checkpoint (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFS7oZtE8Ks)

Damn, I'm still watching this and wondering if this would work in California.

laws are different for these officers

if a police officer has "probable cause" to search he can

it could be anything even a muffler or aftermarket parts

I10cruiser
04-18-2009, 08:51 PM
im filming you MARTINEZ hehe funny guy

SochBAT
04-18-2009, 09:09 PM
Sooo good.

I love this stuff. Flex your RIGHTS.

ESmorz
04-18-2009, 09:36 PM
Man.

That title is misleading. They weren't abusive at all.

cc4usmc
04-18-2009, 09:54 PM
I love it. I wish more people were like that guy. Although I'm sure sooner or later it will be added that any person that does not cooperate falls within probable cause.

And then another issue/complaint would be stereotyping, if those officers were to actually go by the rules for every person. The guy stated that they were allowed to search him and his vehicle if they thought that he was breaking immigration laws or if he was traveling illegally or whatever, but you can't just let every white person go by and stop every Hispanic that looks shady, because eventually someone is going to complain. And we all know how people that are just doing their jobs get bent over for anyone that feels someone is being prejudice against them.

I'm in a hurry, so if this shit doesn't make sense.. umm.. oh well. Oh, and the Hispanic comment was in no way meant to be racist or whatever other word you choose.

S14DB
04-18-2009, 10:36 PM
Ah border patrol, the security guards of the US. Keep looking pretty and let Customs do the real work.

O3DigitalBath
04-18-2009, 11:20 PM
damn, just watched the whole thing....it is kinda funny that they just gave up

CrimsonRockett
04-19-2009, 12:02 AM
I'm glad he stood up to those idiots.

Guy takes out a weapon, then calls the dude a liar even though he got it on tape.

Fuck people like them.

I can understand they're trying to do their job, but still.

That was just ridiculous.

Bubbles
04-19-2009, 12:04 AM
When does the weapon come into play?

CrimsonRockett
04-19-2009, 12:13 AM
When does the weapon come into play?

Check the "More Info" stuff.

5:35 is when the Agent pulls out a weapon.

Ithical
04-19-2009, 12:22 AM
I like they part where they bluff calling the cops and he doesn't fall for it at all.

Sileighty_85
04-19-2009, 12:23 AM
i was kinda expecting and ass whooping.
Like pulling him out and beating him with nun-chucks

Bubbles
04-19-2009, 12:24 AM
The guy's a douche nugget but the cops seem like the same ol' power hungry idiots I've come to know.

SochBAT
04-19-2009, 12:38 AM
he calls it a Nun chuck.

Its really called an Asp. They're awesome in action. I remember my teacher used one in class (criminology) against a nice chunk of steak, 2.5" thick too, and it ripped it to shreds. FREAKING AWESOME!!!

flip3d
04-19-2009, 01:09 AM
He has a lot of videos of his preacher.

98s14inaz
04-19-2009, 09:14 AM
WOW. This guy has a point. I can understand if he was at the US/Mex border but since he is on US soil and pretty obviously an American with most likely NM registration on the car he is driving they really don't have any legal right to search or detain him. No tint either. Procedure says that he could request a dog to check his vehicle from the outside to obtain probable cause but not just off a hunch. I love how they bend the constitution to suit the will of the government. Paperz pleeze!

theicecreamdan
04-19-2009, 10:34 AM
I can't even really type out something coherent right now, this guy is a giant piece of shit.

Everytime I hear "I wanna go 'on my way', tell me when I'm free to 'go on my way' and I'll go 'on my way'"

All I REALLY hear is "I'm a douchebag tell me when I'm free to I'm a douchebag and I'll I'm a douchebag.

Blurryeyes
04-19-2009, 03:05 PM
Funny thing is that he could have been "free to go on his way" in less than 5 minutes if he had nothing to hide. He mentioned that he was on his way to work so after all that he was 30 minutes late, that's what I call a Pyrrhic victory.

FaLKoN240
04-19-2009, 03:12 PM
Funny thing is that he could have been "free to go on his way" in less than 5 minutes if he had nothing to hide. He mentioned that he was on his way to work so after all that he was 30 minutes late, that's what I call a Pyrrhic victory.

I think the point of the video is to show that you do not have to give in to the police, he went there and did that to make a point and show viewers the power the constitution has given us.

Blurryeyes
04-19-2009, 03:26 PM
And I'm not saying that he wasn't right but you have to learn to pick your battles to minimize your losses that's what a pyrrhic victory means, he proved his point but for that he was late to work and he could have been out of there in a fraction of the time that he was arguing.

HungryHank
04-19-2009, 03:43 PM
I love how the cops consistently lie about having a reason to pull him over..

this guy is awesome.

good video OP

allntrlundrgrnd
04-19-2009, 03:56 PM
The guy's a douche nugget but the cops seem like the same ol' power hungry idiots I've come to know.

I wish more Americans were douche nuggets.

The system would fail if society learned to think critically.

Syncade
04-19-2009, 04:58 PM
Ah border patrol, the security guards of the US. Keep looking pretty and let Customs do the real work.

QFT :bigok:

mrmephistopheles
04-19-2009, 05:37 PM
he calls it a Nun chuck.

Its really called an Asp. They're awesome in action. I remember my teacher used one in class (criminology) against a nice chunk of steak, 2.5" thick too, and it ripped it to shreds. FREAKING AWESOME!!!

Seconding this. It's an ASP expandable baton. I carried one on the job for something like 3 years? Never had to use it, but I imagine it'd fuck someone up.

Just because you have nothing to hide doesn't mean you have to give up your right to privacy. All you should have to say is 'No thanks, I'm not interested in having my car searched. Have a nice day.'

I think the point of the video is to show that you do not have to give in to the police, he went there and did that to make a point and show viewers the power the constitution has given us.

This.

The videographer is incorrect about them being unable to search his vehicle without a warrant - they key is having PROBABLE CAUSE. If a law enforcement officer can quantify probably cause, they may perform a no-consent search on your vehicle. The Supreme Court decided that awhile back because of the mobile nature of vehicles. In essence, structures need warrants, vehicles do not (so long as probable cause can be quantified). Is an officer has reasonable suspicion that you're transporting drugs (drug K9 going nuts, obvious odor of marijuana emitting from vehicle), you can be searched without giving consent. If you're driving a brand new car off the dealer lot, and roll through a stop sign, the officer that pulls you over will have to quantify what his probable cause is to search your car. If there is no probable cause, he cannot search.

slw240sx
04-19-2009, 05:44 PM

And every time you do give into a search like this you are letting your rights be stripped away. How would you like it if the police formed a immigration enforcement task force that went house to house and proceeded to search your home for illegals or drugs with out probable cause? just because they are doing "sweeps" that day. That is completely against the constitution of the united states. the 4th amendment was written to keep stuff exactly like that from happening. This kind of action is what we fought so much against since the inception of this country. Now its all being reversed. People are so pacified that they are allowing it to happen and think they are powerless to stop it.

How many people here have consented to police searching your cars? I always refuse even if i have nothing to hide. I have rights i will not give in to threats when i have nothing to hide.

theicecreamdan
04-19-2009, 05:51 PM
Did they even say they wanted to search his car? Pulling up to a border stop and refusing to even speak to the agents like normal human beings would be really suspicious to me. I drive through a border patrol check point several times a week with my window. I open my window and greet the agents every time and I get waved by almost every time.

Sometimes they ask me my citizenship, big deal answer the question and I'm through.
Act suspicious and they're gonna give you shit.

FaLKoN240
04-19-2009, 05:53 PM
He wanted to start shit to prove a point.

If he didn't act suspicious they would've had no reason to stop him.

He was trying to rile them up.

ESmorz
04-19-2009, 06:28 PM
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc94/Dl4All/Oxford-Thesaurus-of-English.jpg

longdy
04-19-2009, 11:29 PM
ahah... cant believe he called him a terrorist!!.lol

Bubbles
04-19-2009, 11:33 PM
Yeah, but the icing on the cake was that he did it with a big shit eating grin on his face.