PDA

View Full Version : Omg 2010 honda insight eco assist!!!#@[email protected]#[email protected]?$

ixfxi
04-18-2009, 02:15 PM
2010 Honda Insight Hybrid - Eco Assist - Official Honda Web Site (http://automobiles.honda.com/insight-hybrid/fuel-efficiency.aspx)

wow, this is so fucking incredible.

I want to install this eco-assist button on my s13 and use it as a start button.

deolio
04-18-2009, 03:02 PM
i think it would piss me off having my car nagging me about my driving habits

Sileighty_85
04-18-2009, 03:09 PM
haha almost seems like a video game

iwishiwas-all*
04-18-2009, 03:16 PM
hahahah its like a fucking video game

u get a score at the end of your drive... in # of leaves.
wow.

driftking777
04-18-2009, 05:09 PM
I work at honda and one of the big things there talking about this "ECO" deal is that there hoping it helps people with resale of the vehicle.

Being as it keeps a overall "score" of your driving, someone buying the vehicle from you can tell how you treated the vehicle when driving.

Pretty smart if you ask me.

renegade_ewok
04-18-2009, 05:15 PM
I work at honda and one of the big things there talking about this "ECO" deal is that there hoping it helps people with resale of the vehicle.

Being as it keeps a overall "score" of your driving, someone buying the vehicle from you can tell how you treated the vehicle when driving.

Is there a separate module or can you just clear the ECU... because if the latter was true that would be dumb.

S14DB
04-18-2009, 05:25 PM
For all OBDII vehicles:
PLX Kiwi - Save Gas, Improve MPG, Drive Green, Reduce CO2 (http://www.plxkiwi.com/)

But, yeah it would be a cool PTS button
http://pictures.topspeed.com/cars/car-news/honda-insight-priced-for-hard-working-americans-ar71657/IMG/crop/200903/honda-insight-priced-8_1600x0w.jpg

LongGrain
04-18-2009, 05:28 PM
hahahah its like a fucking video game

u get a score at the end of your drive... in # of leaves.
wow.

thats exactly what its like, its really a genius idea.

its something people will, whether they notice it or not, actually get into. people will try to beat their personal bests and actually get competitive with themselves about it.

whether or not it will actually be that big of a difference as far as being "eco friendly" i'd be willing to bet it will help people get better fuel economy as well as driving more responsibly

ixfxi
04-18-2009, 06:26 PM
i cant believe you guys. fucking make me sick.

are we drivers or are we fruitcakes? seriously, dont look at the stupid blue/green gauge, LOOK AT THE CARS in the fucking video, doesnt matter if you watch the street or highway videos. EVERY FUCKING CAR IS WALKING AWAY from this piece of shit. I am not talking about sportscars. I am talking about normal cars and huge diesel trucks! Ever play Mario Kart? Its like really driving with Donkey Kong Jr or Bowser, but with no fucking top end! Correction, its like playing shrunken Donkey Kong or Bowser, because anything that hits you will flatten you.. plus you're more slow.

Driving a 2010 Honda Insight must be like chopping your balls off, then giving them to a Japanese chef to fuckin slice and dice.

I've driven plenty of slow cars, I own a Miata for chrissake. But this is beyond slow, this is like asking Honda to build a chassis with 4 wheels so that you can sit in it, wait in traffic for endless hours, and then wait to either get hit by a fuckin car or die from a clogged artery.

I hate everything about their marketing campaign, from their green point of view to the containers of water in the cup holder (not soda). I mean I dont drink Soda, but come on.. whats with the eco-friendly environment their trying to promote. Seriously, give me a break.

Note to honda: go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up.

ixfxi
04-18-2009, 06:32 PM

yeah well, thats assuming people buy this pile of shit. considering how well the prius has been selling, i wouldnt doubt it if we see more of these freeway obstacles on the road as the years pass.

Future240
04-18-2009, 07:11 PM
i think it would piss me off having my car nagging me about my driving habits

Likewise, get enough of that from the GF

allntrlundrgrnd
04-18-2009, 07:20 PM
are we drivers or are we fruitcakes?

http://www.threesources.com/archives/1002_its_a_hybrid.jpg

Matej
04-18-2009, 08:16 PM
Wish the 90s never ended.

theicecreamdan
04-18-2009, 08:32 PM
Oh no what will I do??!? Honda is selling a slow car that will help people drive responsibly and save money.

What am I gonna do? Oh I'll get pissed off.

Get over it.

Taniguchi_Is_#1
04-19-2009, 12:07 AM
Oh no what will I do??!? Honda is selling a slow car that will help people drive responsibly and save money.

Get over it.

i agree. most americans could care less how fast a car is, as long as it gets good fuel mileage. different strokes for different folks.

Bubbles
04-19-2009, 12:16 AM

Get over it.

Seriously, I'm not going to buy this car but it doesn't personally enrage me that it exists.

I can't be bothered.

iRONDONkey
04-19-2009, 01:19 AM
I would daily this. It would save me more money in the long run. money that could be spent elsewhere.

exitspeed
04-19-2009, 06:19 AM
i cant believe you guys. fucking make me sick.

are we drivers or are we fruitcakes? seriously, dont look at the stupid blue/green gauge, LOOK AT THE CARS in the fucking video, doesnt matter if you watch the street or highway videos. EVERY FUCKING CAR IS WALKING AWAY from this piece of shit. I am not talking about sportscars. I am talking about normal cars and huge diesel trucks! Ever play Mario Kart? Its like really driving with Donkey Kong Jr or Bowser, but with no fucking top end! Correction, its like playing shrunken Donkey Kong or Bowser, because anything that hits you will flatten you.. plus you're more slow.

Driving a 2010 Honda Insight must be like chopping your balls off, then giving them to a Japanese chef to fuckin slice and dice.

I've driven plenty of slow cars, I own a Miata for chrissake. But this is beyond slow, this is like asking Honda to build a chassis with 4 wheels so that you can sit in it, wait in traffic for endless hours, and then wait to either get hit by a fuckin car or die from a clogged artery.

I hate everything about their marketing campaign, from their green point of view to the containers of water in the cup holder (not soda). I mean I dont drink Soda, but come on.. whats with the eco-friendly environment their trying to promote. Seriously, give me a break.

Note to honda: go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up.

Mike, Mike, Mike...This stuff really gets to you man.

Why do you get so worked up about a car that you HAVE to buy? That's the reason we have 100 cars on the market. You don't like one...you buy another. If this isn't for you buy a car that shits on electronics and the environment.

This car is going to sell like crack in the hood and douche bags, and yuppies are going to sit around and compare their eco friendly driving numbers with each other over crumpets and tea. But who gives a shit? That's why they are douche bags and you are Mike.

lol.

driftking777
04-19-2009, 09:09 AM
yeah well, thats assuming people buy this pile of shit. considering how well the prius has been selling, i wouldnt doubt it if we see more of these freeway obstacles on the road as the years pass.

Funny that you call them freeway obstacles, not sure around you, but it seems like the douches that buy these cars around here drive faster than anyone else.

lol

and what exit said.

ixfxi
04-19-2009, 11:47 AM

Get over it.

you still exist? die.

i dont like these cars because they take precious room on my streets and highways. like i said, freeway obstacles.

the car itself doesnt piss me off, its the marketing campaign with this stupid bitch trying to convince us that digitized-green-leaves are rewarding! yay, we're all doing our share to promote a cleaner environment!

why doesnt the government send us flowers for using less energy? why? because no one fucking cares about saving the environment, only 13 year old girls who've been brainwashed.

im all about global warming, cutting trees, spilling oil down our sewers, and driving cars that pollute and contaminate the environment. i cant wait for earth to look like mad max or fist of the north star.

blackrms13
04-19-2009, 12:55 PM
i duno about u guys, but i've driven a prius for a few years
everytime i get into that car, i always find myself staring at those screen telling me my gas mileage, in turns i'd want to "beat" my own MPG record
thus, not paying as much attention to the road, accelerating slow n etc

but when i get back into my 240, then its all another game....

Teddy
04-19-2009, 01:10 PM
Cool concept, but I can see more road rage in the future.

"Hmm. I think I will go 25 in a 40 zone, just so I can get some more leaves."

Matej
04-19-2009, 01:13 PM
It should have a candy dispenser and reward you for good driving.

SlideWell
04-19-2009, 01:35 PM
id rock it for a daily!

ronmcdon
04-19-2009, 02:19 PM
i dont like these cars because they take precious room on my streets and highways. like i said, freeway obstacles.

the car itself doesnt piss me off, its the marketing campaign with this stupid bitch trying to convince us that digitized-green-leaves are rewarding! yay, we're all doing our share to promote a cleaner environment!

definitely.
as if traffic and slow drivers aren't enough of a problem here out in LA.
it's no coincidence that prius is so popular here as is.
last thing we need is some device encouraging even more slow & inconsiderate driving.

theicecreamdan
04-19-2009, 06:07 PM
you still exist? die.

why doesnt the government send us flowers for using less energy? why? because no one fucking cares about saving the environment, only 13 year old girls who've been brainwashed.

im all about global warming, cutting trees, spilling oil down our sewers, and driving cars that pollute and contaminate the environment. i cant wait for earth to look like mad max or fist of the north star.

If this car didn't exist your "precious" space will be taken up by some other car, and its probably not going to be moving fast, because people that drive slow are going to drive slow whether its an insight or a *whatever fast car you feel like avoiding today*

There are better ways to fuck the environment than by installing LED tail lights into miatas, s13s and NSXs. So if you're really that into it then in the words of the giants who have stood on this earth before me "You're doing it wrong"

unlegendary
04-19-2009, 07:32 PM
iRobot is going to happen and soon the cars will be driving humans.

I like the pretty colors.

Actually, for bad drivers.. this might be a miracle because most bad drivers do not know when to brake, coast, and speed in different situations lol which would be common sense to some other people.

if the bar thing hits the left it should say, "you fucking suck, quit life, roll off the freeway please." then it will do so and somehow not kill anyone else lol.

HyperTek
04-19-2009, 07:40 PM
they should teach this stuff to teenagers, seriously could be safer roads =D

JVD
04-19-2009, 10:37 PM
It's ok dude.

I hear this car has INCREDIBLE turn signal performance.

The cutoff on the signals is perfect.

dOMEmE
04-20-2009, 01:09 AM
funny stuff.....

drftwerks
05-05-2009, 10:08 PM
dunno if you have seen this commercial pretty cool

lyknI5_Wcqs

S14DB
05-14-2009, 06:29 AM
The Ford Fusion hybrid has leaves that grow on the dash as you drive green. Get lead footed and leaves fall off. Called "SmartGauge™ Cluster with EcoGuide"

http://www.fordvehicles.com/assets/images/vehicle/pg/fsn10_pg_018_int_enl.jpg
2010 Ford Fusion and Fusion Hybrid | Official Site of the Ford Fusion + Hybrid | FordVehicles.com | Ford Vehicles (http://www.fordvehicles.com/2010fusion/)

exitspeed
05-14-2009, 07:16 AM
The Ford Fusion hybrid has leaves that grow on the dash as you drive green. Get lead footed and leaves fall off. Called "SmartGaugeā„¢ Cluster with EcoGuide"

http://www.fordvehicles.com/assets/images/vehicle/pg/fsn10_pg_018_int_enl.jpg
2010 Ford Fusion and Fusion Hybrid | Official Site of the Ford Fusion + Hybrid | FordVehicles.com | Ford Vehicles (http://www.fordvehicles.com/2010fusion/)

Fords leaf thing looks better. The Fusion looks better too. And they got 1,445.7 miles on a single tank of gas in the Fusion. And it's a mid size car.

I'll take the Ford believe it or not.

Akiros
05-14-2009, 02:48 PM
omg, I want hax.

edit: posts like these are why mike is my favorite poster.

here's a low five to ya.

superbike81
05-14-2009, 02:49 PM

Exactly which streets do you personally own? Last I checked, we share the roads, quit acting like society is inconveniencing you by taking on a little responsibility. This world doesn't owe you shit, freedom of choice man, some people are all about this stuff, you are on the extreme opposite, but remember, there is gray area where we couldn't care less either way, this is where most of us live, join us, it's a nice place.

hailandkill
05-15-2009, 09:13 AM
omg, I want hax.

edit: posts like these are why mike is my favorite poster.

here's a low five to ya.

+1

i would like to read your blog and lul all day. reminds me of maddox

chigga311
05-15-2009, 10:38 AM
HAHAHAHA

Be Easy.
Don't buy the car
Change the channel when you see the commercial.

I think the car is pretty cool.
The Fusion is nice too 46 mpg.

When you move out and get into the real world, you'll then realize that $ wasted on gas can go to other bills or some other "JDM TYTE" parts lol.

Plus highway obstacles make the ride interesting. :-)
They're like moving cones, except they're all not orange.

Koopa Troopa
05-15-2009, 03:54 PM
I wonder if the Insight has VTEC....

Man, Lester Leadfoot can't drive for dick...

I'd like to have one of these cars as a daily driver though. That's alot of money saved on gas... Fuck I think I spend close to $60 a weekend on gas.