PDA

View Full Version : just wondering

s14slide
03-21-2003, 09:28 PM
well I was browsing ebay a few minute ago and the devious part of my brain made some loud popping noises like a new lsd and the gears started working. My idea was, which I'm probably sure it's been brought up before, was to buy an actual s13 silvia off of ebay that no one ever registered and then buy a trashed 240 from a junk yard and switch all the I.D. plates(firewall, dash, anything missing??) and try and register it like a salvaged title as if it were the 240 you bought from the junkyard and say you rebuilt it and did the motor and the RHD conversion. I wonder if it would work?? Not that I'd do it or anything. Just a thought. What do you think??

96SEChick
03-21-2003, 09:39 PM
*slightly* illegal

s14slide
03-21-2003, 09:41 PM
like I said, just a thought. That's what happens when people like me watch the original Gone in 60 seconds.

KiDyNomiTe
03-21-2003, 09:56 PM
Why not just bring it and register it as a race car. You have to take a few things out though, like A/C, carpeting, and some other things. And get some other beater car, cuz if you are willing to go through the trouble of bringing a car from japan I am sure its not going to be street legal anyways.

But on your idea, isnt a RHD conversion illegal anyways.

s14slide
03-22-2003, 12:36 AM
I didn't think RHD convo. was illegal being that I see it in magazines all the time. But then again, 99% of them are probably trailer queens. Oh well, I bet somebody could pull it off.

datkwikracer
03-22-2003, 03:50 AM
But on your idea, isnt a RHD conversion illegal anyways.

I've seen two RHD cars on the streets here in So Cal one in Newport, a burgundy 180sx with HKS stickers. and an early 90's integra here in Ontario. Idk if they are illegal but I don't think so.

TheTimanator
03-22-2003, 06:49 AM
if RHD were illagal then the USPS jeeps would be in serious trouble :D I think the RHD thing is dependent on your state...

-E-
03-22-2003, 08:45 AM
RHD are not illegal, there is a guy at the shop who works with me who has a RHD Mini Pickup real sweet looking too :D

NZO
03-22-2003, 01:22 PM
RHD isnt illegal but vin swapping is very illegal. This doesnt stop plenty of people from doing it though. The only tough part I can see is welding in the new firewall.

s14slide
03-22-2003, 01:47 PM
Why would you need to weld in a new firewall. Isn't it just the plate riveted on there?? see: () in first post