PDA

View Full Version : post for higher status

WhiteNissanS13
03-20-2003, 11:04 PM
would i get in trouble if i made a thread were people can just replay and get a higher status (i.e, Leaky injector, newbie, etc..)

WhiteNissanS13
03-20-2003, 11:05 PM
will it add another if i reply to it?

SimpleS14
03-20-2003, 11:30 PM
There was a post whore thread already, just post in other threads...REASONABLY...to jack up your post count.

This thread is going to get locked......

syco3d
03-21-2003, 12:00 AM
hmm...still no padlock on this one :rolleyes: ...oh well, soon enough.

Anubis
03-21-2003, 12:03 AM
Get as many as you can b4 its locked!

Anubis
03-21-2003, 12:04 AM
One More! :)

Strider
03-21-2003, 12:14 AM
HAHAHAH! funny stuff...

Thurazor
03-21-2003, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by WhiteNissanS13
would i get in trouble if i made a thread were people can just replay and get a higher status (i.e, Leaky injector, newbie, etc..)

There's a reason the post whoring thread was blocked, and it's a good thing I'm not a moderator here because I would have deleted that thread a long time ago. Some people actually post intelligently in various threads. A high post count doesn't obviously mean you're any more intelligent than the next guy, but let's face it - people like having a high post count to make them look special. Do you think it's fair that someone who has an earned post count of 2000 can watch post whores make one line posts repeatedly and have nearly the same amount of posts in a third of the time? I was a leaky injector for over a year and I'm still a newbie, but the majority of my posts aren't BS.

syco3d
03-21-2003, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by Thurazor
There's a reason the post whoring thread was blocked, and it's a good thing I'm not a moderator here because I would have deleted that thread a long time ago. Some people actually post intelligently in various threads. A high post count doesn't obviously mean you're any more intelligent than the next guy, but let's face it - people like having a high post count to make them look special. Do you think it's fair that someone who has an earned post count of 2000 can watch post whores make one line posts repeatedly and have nearly the same amount of posts in a third of the time? I was a leaky injector for over a year and I'm still a newbie, but the majority of my posts aren't BS.

werd :Thumbs up:

Sil1580
03-21-2003, 02:40 AM
werd...:rolleyes:

s15dude
03-21-2003, 02:43 AM
why not... I dont think I have ever post whored before;)

BadMoJo
03-21-2003, 07:07 PM
Lock this crap.

Phlip
03-23-2003, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by Thurazor
It IS a good thing you aren't a moderator, you are dealing with personal opinion rather than looking at the situation the post whore thread is locked and will move to the back of the line as more threads are opened, this one will too... Yes, as a matter of fact, there WAS a reason the post whore thread was locked, but it had nothing to do with content... Try having a look thru it and see some of the stuff that went on, it was one of the funniest threads I have seen in my life at times. While you are there, take special notice that there was a moderator PARTICIPATING in the nonsense, no less... That thread was honestly one of those "getting to know you" type of threads for the people who posted on it and a good time was had by most. It got locked because 5 people posting at the EXACT same time during peak times adversely effected the speed that the rest of the forum performed. Having a high post count doesn't make you anymore knowledgeable about anything, while some of the pure dickheads we seem to run across around here seem to think so. (that part was not aimed at you, bt no need to pad the post count by making a new reply) Personally, I liked the post whore thread and would have liked for it to be able to continue, but understand why it wasn't, but this will not become a post whore thread version 2.0...

whateverjames
03-23-2003, 07:54 AM
A higher post count just shows how much less of a life you have.
(oops) :D

Phlip
03-23-2003, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by whateverjames
A higher post count just shows how much less of a life you have.
(oops) :D
But isn't that what the internet is all about?

whateverjames
03-23-2003, 08:12 AM
Hehe. Yup.

Phlip
03-23-2003, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by whateverjames
Hehe. Yup.
See? It was just this innocent on the post whoring thread... Take this and multiply it by all the participants and pepper it with converations and quick topic changes, including input from the moderator and you have a large group of post whores and it snowballed. The problem is that it's addictive.