PDA

View Full Version : Clutch not disengaging sr20 wtf!?

red87tll
04-14-2009, 03:16 PM
clutch released close to the floor, so i tried to adjust to pedal. didnt work, made the clutch no disengage. re-adjusted about 10 times to different positions and still wont take gear. replaced the slave cylinder and rebleed the system. stilllll will not go into gear. what the heck is the problem? is the clutch gone? never slipped... just wont disengage!!! looks as though there is good swing on the slave cylinder rod when the clutch is pressed!

s13 sr20det. basically stock.

beyondstock
04-14-2009, 08:35 PM
When did you first notice the clutch not engaging? After you parked it over night, after you did a hard pull, after your girlfriend drove the car?

What made you think you needed a clutch mastercylinder?

punxva
04-15-2009, 06:37 AM
do you have the clutch damper on the car and hooked up still?

red87tll
04-15-2009, 11:37 AM
the clutch has always released close to the floor. me and my buddy decided we would fix it and adjust the pedal off of the floor to up there it should be. so we pulled the master off the firewall leaving the line hooked up and readjusted the pedal. reinstalled the master and it wouldnt go into gear while the car was running. so we adjusted it back and it still did the same thing. readjusted it about 5 more times to different places with no luck. We then replaced the slave cylinder and rebled the clutch, still no luck.

the car still had the damper on it but the slave is doing exactly what it should. it has perfect travel as I compaired it to a buddy's sr20 car.

I really dont know what else to do other than pull the trans and check the fork and folcrum ball.

b0rdin4life
04-15-2009, 03:16 PM
You should be able to look through the hole in the transmission where the fork goes through to see if the pivot ball is snapped and to check the alignment of the fork. I was having similar problems and my pivot ball was snapped, so I replaced that with the nismo one and the clutch felt new again. 10 miles later I push in the clutch and there's a loud pop and the pedal goes to the floor... the fork snapped. Not sure if I installed the fork incorrectly or if the fork/bearing/sleeve was damaged when the pivot ball broke.

red87tll
04-15-2009, 07:13 PM
Well I pulled the trans out today and found the issue. the spec pressure plate is missing a finger... so i guess its time for another new clutch.

red87tll
04-16-2009, 12:18 PM
This is Fail.

teamsprock
04-16-2009, 01:27 PM
Make sure when you reinstall it that you grease the lip inside the throw out bearing. If they aren't greased good they can stick and will cause the tob to keep some pressure on the pressure plate all the time.

fst100
04-22-2009, 05:22 AM
red87tll, did u notice it was hard to shift into all the gears with the car running and able to shfit with the car turned off? im having a s miliar issue and cant seem to shift the car into any gears whatsoever.
it all started after i decided to shfit a bit hard leaving a friends place but that was a bad move. i just got the car a few days ago too.

red87tll
04-23-2009, 01:18 AM
The car is put back together now and runs great..

When the car was off the trans would shift fine. I have had shifter seem like the are locked out of position or just hard to move before after spirited driving, but never had a straight answer on why. just bang some more gears and it usually goes away! lol

fst100
04-23-2009, 06:16 AM
but u eventually took the tranny out and found the clutch went bad and replaced it correct?