PDA

View Full Version : Can someone please explain why FIA GT races are not televised?

exitspeed
04-14-2009, 08:24 AM
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2009/04/fiagt2009test_23.jpg
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2009/04/fiagt2009test_28.jpg

Look at these fucking cars? They make me want to masturbate. Why is this shit not televised here? We don't get to see this awesome ass racing but we get gay ass Nascar!?

I can't even imagine why anyone would rather see Nascar cars racing over these bad MF'S!

Can anyone enlighten me why we don't get to see this or maybe tell me if I'm missing something?

punxva
04-14-2009, 08:34 AM
i would love to know the same thing, i really use to love watching BTCC and DTM on BBC back in the day, but i can't even find those anymore either.

04-14-2009, 08:53 AM
http://www.fiagt.com/img/showimg.php.jpg?countkey=16&key=8226&season=2009&event=53&size=3&rnd=true

There must be a website that post the videos.

First race is May 3rd!!!!

Andrew @ 240sxMotoring
04-14-2009, 09:04 AM
Because it's not NASCAR. :(

DALAZ_68
04-14-2009, 09:11 AM
because its easier to keep track of the race when all everyone does is go in one big circle?

seriously retarded...nascar is such a bore to me...

exitspeed
04-14-2009, 09:12 AM
It's embarrassing that America is the only country in the world obsessed with cars JUST going in a circle. LofuckingL

azndoc
04-14-2009, 09:39 AM
Speed channel doesn't show it?

I guess their just happy showing the same muscle car builds.

SoSideways
04-14-2009, 10:05 AM
Speed channel doesn't show it?

I guess their just happy showing the same muscle car builds.

They used to show it.

Speed Channel used to show DTM races, Australian V8 Super Car races, BTCC races, and I think at one point they showed JGTC races.

They also used to have programs for the WRC races all the way up to like '07, then they took it off air.

Since Speed Channel is owned by Fox now, they shifted all their priority to nascrap, which gets the most views by the American audience, so they bumped the "useless" programs to bring you more nascrap related programs!

Honestly, I turn the TV on, and I check the channel guides to see what's on Speed, and it's usually either Pinks, Unique Whips, or some nascrap related program.

And you know what the funny thing is?

Our cable provider has 4 NASCRAP DEDICATED CHANNELS!!! Why are they taking up Speed Channel when there are DEDICATED channels for it already? Do nascrap fans really want to know what Michael Waltrip had for breakfast, lunch and dinner?

exitspeed
04-14-2009, 10:08 AM
^
I totally agree. I used to love watching WRC.

This shit sucks.

exitspeed
04-14-2009, 10:28 AM
Anyone think a petition would do anything? :ughug:

Brian
04-14-2009, 10:35 AM
no .

jskateborders
04-14-2009, 10:37 AM
nope. Theres two reasons why nascar is number one in the states. First they are seen as American muscle cars (even though they aren't all) and we don't want no jap crap rice rockets. Second America is the land of the lazy and "dumb it down". Nascar is lazy, dumbed down racing.

silviaguy240
04-14-2009, 11:12 AM

unfortunately i dont think anything ever happened, but the original owner of speed was working releasing a channel dedicated to motorsports with 0 nascar...but you can still get some roadracing on speed, just have to watch for it randomly in the middle of the day or at like 3am.

SoSideways
04-14-2009, 11:22 AM
unfortunately i dont think anything ever happened, but the original owner of speed was working releasing a channel dedicated to motorsports with 0 nascar...but you can still get some roadracing on speed, just have to watch for it randomly in the middle of the day or at like 3am.

Yeah, I remember the WRC programs were always being shown at like 11pm or 12am on the weekends, and like DTM and Australian V8 Supercar races were always shown at oddball times of the day, like 10am to 1pm or something.

Z33dori
04-14-2009, 11:26 AM
i think we should get a petition going anyways.... maybe we can make a a diff... b/c i k now there are millions more ppl who wonder the same thing...

lets do it..

lucky7
04-14-2009, 11:29 AM
speedvision used to play all the cool shit. touring cup cars, BTCC, WRC, etc, etc, etc. it was the only channel the TV was even on at my house back then. they sold the channel to someone, and it was re named speed channel. and its utter shit. there have been petitions before, but with no results. its soooo frustrating that there is a channel dedicated to motorsports, but its pethetically boring. the only good automobile show that was on tv was that one where the guy drove these old ass race cars around the mountains and shit. they had amazing audio of all the cars as he drove them. i dont remember what it was called. but the best part is, it wasnt on speed IIRC. :D

Matej
04-14-2009, 11:43 AM
Because there are no American drivers and/or sponsors in it.

lucky7
04-14-2009, 11:45 AM
just did some reading. apparently BMW was a big financial back for speedvision way back when. they had alot of BMW stuff on it. they even had a special that was dedicated to bmw's history in motorsports. kewl. i'd rather watch shit like that than fucking pinks or anything else on the channel now.

Walperstyle
04-14-2009, 12:11 PM
its all who is paying the network sponsorship

penis enlargement sponsors nascar too remember

SoSideways
04-14-2009, 12:42 PM
its all who is paying the network sponsorship

penis enlargement sponsors nascar too remember

That WOULD explain why every commercial break in between the F1 related shows are always from the penis enlargement company, with the creepy smiling dude named Bob...

Bubbles
04-14-2009, 01:06 PM

Money controls the world.

blackrms13
04-14-2009, 01:10 PM
WRC, FIA GT, V8 Supercar

all awesome races

fuck nascar
its only fun to watch the 10min when everyone crashes

drift freaq
04-14-2009, 01:58 PM
Actually Speed still does run WRC, DTM, GP2, American Le Mans etc.. its just at really odd hours of the day,randomly and usually not exactly prime time. They also show Superbike racing , MotoGP as well. Like someone said Nascar tends to bump a lot of this stuff into odd time slots because its the biggest money maker and fox is all over Nascar like flies on shit.
TIVO is your friend.

exitspeed
04-14-2009, 02:06 PM
Actually Speed still does run WRC, DTM, GP2, American Le Mans etc.. its just at really odd hours of the day,randomly and usually not exactly prime time. They also show Superbike racing , MotoGP as well. Like someone said Nascar tends to bump a lot of this stuff into odd time slots because its the biggest money maker and fox is all over Nascar like flies on shit.
TIVO is your friend.

I've seen ALM and everyone once in a while DTM, but I haven't seen WRC is years.

Kn1ves
04-14-2009, 02:17 PM
OT:

It would be sick if they had sky cams setup all along the racetrack for these races... sky cams that can travel 150mph+

Otto347
04-14-2009, 02:18 PM
I know what you mean. I could watch this stuff for hours!

VROOOM
04-14-2009, 02:23 PM
speedvision used to play all the cool shit. touring cup cars, BTCC, WRC, etc, etc, etc. it was the only channel the TV was even on at my house back then. they sold the channel to someone, and it was re named speed channel. and its utter shit. there have been petitions before, but with no results. its soooo frustrating that there is a channel dedicated to motorsports, but its pethetically boring. the only good automobile show that was on tv was that one where the guy drove these old ass race cars around the mountains and shit. they had amazing audio of all the cars as he drove them. i dont remember what it was called. but the best part is, it wasnt on speed IIRC. :D

i remember watching the Realtime Integra Type R and all the BMW's that used to race against them all the time. thats when Speedvision was good

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k79/nismothecat/SVINTEGRA.jpg

lucky7
04-14-2009, 02:37 PM
yes! realtime and whoever the sponsor for the BMW's were. its like every race was a battle for against the 2. it was awesome. the integras would usually edge out wins in the rain. in the dry though, it was fair game. god i miss watching that stuff. it was really exciting.

EDIT!

it was always Turner VS. Realtime.

remember this paint scheme??
http://www.zoompics.com/2000r-4.jpg

epic awesome-ness.

exitspeed
04-14-2009, 03:16 PM
Real time is right here in WI.

God I miss seeing those races. They alwasy showed the Touring race and the GT race.

Otto347
04-14-2009, 03:27 PM
God I hate nascar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

slider2828
04-14-2009, 03:55 PM
I think G4 shows them right?

exitspeed
04-14-2009, 04:14 PM
I think G4 shows them right?

Nope...:(:down:

HyperTek
04-14-2009, 06:49 PM
with racing series outside of the US, expect to come on during late night /morning hours, which probably have poor rating time slots for advertising.. And during the average times, theres american racing series to fill in the spots.. So its rare. We still got F1 though.

Does anyone even watch that superbikes and hot import nights bullshit? lol

exitspeed
04-14-2009, 06:58 PM
with racing series outside of the US, expect to come on during late night /morning hours, which probably have poor rating time slots for advertising.. And during the average times, theres american racing series to fill in the spots.. So its rare. We still got F1 though.

Does anyone even watch that superbikes and hot import nights bullshit? lol

Fuck no. Hot Import Nights was lame 5 years ago.

lucky7
04-14-2009, 07:04 PM
werd, i dont do the moto GP either.
i basically dont watch jack shit on speed anymore. i flip by it all the time, but theres never anything interesting on.

exitspeed
04-14-2009, 07:12 PM
werd, i dont do the moto GP either.
i basically dont watch jack shit on speed anymore. i flip by it all the time, but theres never anything interesting on.

YES me too. I always check to see whats on just in case there's some good stuff on. I literally ONLY watch it when ALMS is on.

ESmorz
04-14-2009, 07:26 PM

Man. I remember that from when I was a chitlin.

I used to run home from school, watch dbz, gundam, and zoids and then flip over to Speedvision and watch all kinds of cool racing.

Those were the days.

It's like when techTV turned into G4 and it all went to hell.

SimpleS14
04-14-2009, 07:38 PM
It's embarrassing that America is the only country in the world obsessed with cars JUST going in a circle. LofuckingL

American Le Mans Series (http://www.americanlemans.com/)

Freddy
04-14-2009, 07:48 PM
i wonder how much it cost to start up a new network?

04-14-2009, 09:23 PM
Real time is right here in WI.

God I miss seeing those races. They alwasy showed the Touring race and the GT race.

haha and Turner Motorsport is maybe 30min from me.

http://aad.gci.net/images/speedvision.jpg

It's like when techTV turned into G4 and it all went to hell.

Wow I have had this same theory for years.

pablo180
04-14-2009, 09:51 PM
I came across this...

gt1live.tv (http://gt1live.tv/index.html)

Looks like a streaming website, will have to wait until the first race to see how good it is.

There's also this to keep you informed on the championship

Official Site of FIA GT Championship (http://www.fiagt.com/index.php)

HyperTek
04-14-2009, 10:02 PM
i was just on the speedtv website to check the F1 broadcast schedule for this weekend and saw they are now showing pimp my ride.. awesome!!! Just as good as unique whips!!

hahahah
cant hate my baby momma Vida livin the low life.. =D lol

What we need is a Eurosport motorsports channel in the US. or section off Speed into 2 channels, Motorsports, and than a seperate for Nascar, call it Speed2 or some bullshit lol

ESmorz
04-14-2009, 10:16 PM
call it Speed2

Jason Patric is no Keanu Reeves

04-14-2009, 11:46 PM
I came across this...

Looks like a streaming website, will have to wait until the first race to see how good it is.

Nice find! Hope they really do stream the full race schedule.

exitspeed
04-15-2009, 06:44 AM
I came across this...

Bookmarked! I wish i could stream it to my TV. Hmmmm, I wonder if my Wii could through the internet browser....

lucky7
04-15-2009, 08:31 AM
i would bet monies you could do something like that. i couldnt, but i know some nerdy kids that could. :D

Otto347
04-15-2009, 09:08 AM
Well if any of you guys are interested you can buy some GT cars lol

Competion Cars for sale (http://www.fiagt.com/cars.php?market=true)

SoSideways
04-15-2009, 09:19 AM
Bookmarked! I wish i could stream it to my TV. Hmmmm, I wonder if my Wii could through the internet browser....

If your computer has a video card that supports HDMI, and your TV also has an HDMI input, I don't see why you couldn't just use your TV as a "monitor" for your PC :)

Would come in handy during those live broadcasts or you know, for the lonely dudes, pr0n... lol

04-15-2009, 09:37 AM

Yeah I saw that, I want that 997 GT3 RSR. :bigok:

ZenkiMR_S
04-15-2009, 09:50 AM
skeet skeet!

exitspeed
04-15-2009, 10:22 AM

Cool. I'm gonna pick up the Aston Martin DBR9 when I get my next check. lol

DALAZ_68
04-15-2009, 10:49 AM

agreed...shits pretty much pointless

04-15-2009, 11:17 AM
i wonder how much it cost to start up a new network?

Cool man you can start up the new race channel. Exit and me are picking up cars next pay check. The rest of you get moving buying some cars so we can get this show on the road.

I am going to put a nice sparkle paint job on the GT3 as soon as I take shipment.

:duh:

Otto347
04-15-2009, 11:50 AM
Cool. I'm gonna pick up the Aston Martin DBR9 when I get my next check. lolIm not that baller, might finance it for a year or so :w00t:

exitspeed
04-15-2009, 01:54 PM
Im not that baller, might finance it for a year or so :w00t:

I paidz straight up benjamins in FULL fo minez.

:-/

veeates36
04-15-2009, 02:32 PM
Wow.. I remember Speedvision.. Sigh... "Dust in the wind, all we are is dust in the wind".. Lol

lucky7
04-15-2009, 03:22 PM
i want an E46 M3 GTR from like '00. the ones with the 5L M5 engine. anyone remember that? the decimated all for 2 seasons, then they changed the rules so they had to run the 3.2 again. rofl, that was awesome.

kouki-gymkhana
04-15-2009, 03:33 PM

Yes, the channel was sold to Fox, I believe. The series you are referring to was called "Victory By Design" and was hosted by Alain DeCadnet (sp?). It is readily available on youtube. I have NEVER come across an automotive program that had such spectacular sound either.

Speed channel is absolute shit. Until I grow a mullet and start living in a double wide, those fuckers ain't got shit for me...

Twincamlove
04-15-2009, 03:45 PM

do they even have HIN? last time i went was in 03 and it was a huge cockfest lol

never went back

SexPanda
04-15-2009, 04:02 PM
too many right turns, not enough left turns.

WOO! NASCAR! Edge of your seat excitement. Whats gonna happen? LEFT TURN!

HyperTek
04-15-2009, 08:07 PM
do they even have HIN? last time i went was in 03 and it was a huge cockfest lol

never went back

i used to go a few years ago.. would usually get hooked up with free tickets.. didnt go to check out the cars, but mostly to say whats up to peeps and some of the girls i know who model *gahhh dam every freaking asian girl believes they can model when some idiot tells em they look hot over the net lmao*

I would go again, its not really for the cars anymore, its more a social thing.

HyperTek
04-16-2009, 06:51 PM
What do US F1 fans think of Speed? | F1 Fanatic - The Formula 1 Blog | F1 video | F1 pictures | F1 news | Lewis Hamilton | Fernando Alonso (http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2009/04/15/what-do-us-f1-fans-think-of-speed/)

The first is the issue of renewing the network’s contract with Formula 1 Management for the rights to broadcast the sport in the United States. According to various unofficial reports, the network’s three-year deal for broadcast rights is set to expire following the 2009 season, and as of this writing, no mention of a renewal has been made public. While a contract between the network and FOM may already be in place, no public word of such a deal seems to have come up.

Oh sweet, cant wait for us to loose F1 coverage !!

Good thread if you guys wanna check it out, peoples opinions about US coverage of F1 on speed, but pretty much can consider it all euro racing series as well lol

greygoose
04-16-2009, 06:57 PM
i think they show this if you have a HD channels

guihuomao
04-16-2009, 07:44 PM
Diogenes was a famous Greek philosopher of the fourth century B.C.,who established the philosophy of cynicism.He

often walked about in the daytime holding a lighted lantern,peering around as if he were looking for something.When

auestioned wow gold (http://www.wotlkgolds.com) about his odd behavior,he would reply,"I am searching for an honest man."

Diogenes held that the good man was self-sufficient and did not require material comforts or wealth.He believed that

wealth and possessions constrained humanity‘s natural state of freedom.In keeping with his philosophy,he was

perefectly satisfied with making his home in a large tub discarded from the temple of Cybele,the goddess of nature.

This wow power leveling (http://www.wow-powerleveling.org), earthen tub,called a pithos,and formerly been used for holding wine or oil for the sacrifices at the temple.

One day,Alexander the Great ,conqueror of half the civilized world,saw Diogenes sitting in this tub in the sunshine

.So the king,surrounded by his countries,approached Diogenes and said,"I am Alexander the Great."The philosopher

world of warcraft power leveling (http://www.wow-powerleveling.org/wow+power+leveling.html),  replied rather contemptuously,"I am Diogenes,the Cynic."Alexander then asked him if he could help him in any way."

Yes,"shot back Diogenes,"don‘t stand between me and the sun."A surprised Alexander then replied quickly,"If I were 5
in any way

SoSideways
04-17-2009, 09:26 AM
i think they show this if you have a HD channels

What?

Their HD channel is exactly what's showing on their regular channel, just in HD form.

I'd know, I have both.

And I thought that F1 coverage in HD would be the best thing in the world since sliced bread, but it ain't all that.

They just take regular feed and blow it up into HD dimension, which makes it grainy and basically useless.

However, instead of broadcasting in stereo, they do have it in surround sound... which, if you ask me, I'd rather have a better picture than sound, as the stereo sound didn't sound that bad at all to begin with.

I swear to god if we lose F1 coverage as well, I'm just gonna drop cable altogether. We only watch a few shows on TV anyway, and I'm sure hulu will have them up a day or so later after it airs on TV, and my mother-in-law's husband has a DVR at his joint, so that's like $50 off of my shoulders every month.

SexPanda
04-17-2009, 11:00 AM
Lol nascar craftsman truck series. My buddy sam and I we're discussing this yesterday. This was his thought on that whole thing.

"So, yall listen to my idear... NASCAR's a hit, people love them there left turns. Now, take NASCAR, and here's the twist... Make it trucks. Trucks makin' left turns! HOT DAMN TELL YOU WHAT BOY! That there will be more popular than a watering hole in a summer time drought."