PDA

View Full Version : suspension set up? newbi...s13

blackonblack2
04-13-2009, 09:42 PM
i bought a shell a few days ago... and am starting to build it little by little.. i was thinking this as my suspension set up... i'm trying to stay under 1500-1700 for full suspension if possible don't mind spending a little bit more... let me know what you guys think

Circuit Sports Suspension Arm Package - Nissan 240sx - Enjuku Racing (http://enjukuracing.com/product_info.php?products_id=8528{3}41)

Circuit Sports Kit includes:
*Front Tension Rods
*Rear Upper Control Arms
*Rear Traction Links
*Rear Toe Links

TEIN Adjustable Hardened Tie Rods for Nissan 240sx - Enjuku Racing (http://enjukuracing.com/tein-adjustable-hardened-rods-nissan-240sx-p-6784.html)

TEIN Adjustable Hardened Tie Rods

POWERED BY MAX: 車高調 Competition Coilover Suspension (http://www.gtfactory.jp/cms/page.php?9)

powered by max coilovers

anything i should add? or drop and replace?

SHINCHU
04-13-2009, 09:51 PM
i havent heard much about circuit sports, but the tie rods and coilovers you picked are CHOICE. you should be fine with that setup. although PBM arms would be nice too... just sayin... ;)
GL on the build! you have a thread for it? post it up!

*oh yeah, dont forget subframe collars!

5t341tH
04-13-2009, 09:53 PM
those seem like a good choice. i'd rather get ikeya formula tie rods though. they are much nicer and beefier imo. those PBM coils can be harsh for DD though. if u do want a softer ride, Stance offers coilovers that are more bearable

blackonblack2
04-13-2009, 10:06 PM
hey sorry no thread yet.. just been lazy :-P i might get one up tonight... its most likely not going to be a dd once its done... have a link to the ikeya formula tie rods? yeah ... was waiting on the subframe collars wasn't sure if they are that important!

SHINCHU
04-13-2009, 10:17 PM
hey its cool man, we dont all have time to snap pics while we wrench haha
i kinda figured you wouldnt be daily driving it since it was a shell. how complete was it?

and yeah the subframe collars are a bit important. how would you feel spending all that cash on a solid suspension, only to step out the rear the first time and it feels like hot mooshy poo and you burn up your sidewalls on your fender... yeah. kinda important haha

qwikspool
04-13-2009, 10:18 PM
pbm competition coils are good choice.
why not get all pbm or spl suspension parts? i know alot of people have pbm and spl suspension parts and are very pleased with their products. track tested too. i know you have a budget but try saving up some more.:2c:

blackonblack2
04-13-2009, 10:20 PM
haha welll if you put it that way damn i'll order them with everthing else :-P the shell was a running car which i picked up pretty cheap... so i call it a shell :-P no accidents... etc didn't need much body work... needed a new tranny but still drove fine.. all for 400.. :-P

blackonblack2
04-13-2009, 10:22 PM
pbm competition coils are good choice.
why not get all pbm or spl suspension parts? i know alot of people have pbm and spl suspension parts and are very pleased with their products. track tested too. i know you have a budget but try saving up some more.:2c:

only reason is because... this is my 1st rwd car.. i owned a evo before... and i was more of a grip whore... i don't want to put a lot of money in this and go slam it into a wall... and i'm trying to keep the full build under 5k-6k

2k on the motor, tranny, ecu
chasis- 450
suspension- 2k
and body work kits etc- 1k

then you have stuff like 5lug and wheels which are another 1k
i just don't think its worth 10k for a car that might end up being in a wall

cc4usmc
04-13-2009, 10:25 PM
:-p good luck getting away a build thread :-p you actually have to have something to show :-p not just a shell :-p and some parts laying around :-p

2k on the motor, tranny, ecu
chasis- 450
suspension- 2k
and body work kits etc- 1k

now that you posted that you might as well not even bother :-p :-p :-p :-p :-p :-p

blackonblack2
04-13-2009, 10:34 PM
:-p good luck getting away a build thread :-p you actually have to have something to show :-p not just a shell :-p and some parts laying around :-p

now that you posted that you might as well not even bother :-p :-p :-p :-p :-p :-p

sorry didn't under stand you :-P don't really care about the build thread..

SHINCHU
04-13-2009, 10:40 PM
yeah you are going to need more than that.
there are some good articles lately on budget drifting for s13 projects.
one was in sport compact car, i believe they started one issue before the current one, and project cars just did a really quick one issue budget drifter.
both are nice examples of what you can do, but its not as cheap as it seems.

you still need to figure in
LSD (~$800)
good bucket seat (~$500)
TIRES ($xInfinity lol)
clutch?
engine mods?
it goes on and on...

not trying to discourage you, just bracing you for the huge bottomless pit you just jumped into haha
but seriously you seem to be off to a good start so far.

blackonblack2
04-13-2009, 11:01 PM
^ yeah each and every car is a money pit thats what i did with my evo :-P

okay guys got confused b\t spl coilovers and pbm

blackonblack2
04-13-2009, 11:09 PM
went with spl coilovers

90hatchie
04-13-2009, 11:42 PM
stay away from circuit sports
do u wanna risk ur life with products made in china controlling the alignment of ur car

SHINCHU
04-14-2009, 05:54 AM
wtf? spl coilovers? not PBM? that was the most legit thing on your list and you didnt get them? awwww...:wtf:

dont skimp on those arms dude. the PBM stuff is only an extra $20 per set.

blackonblack2
04-14-2009, 09:24 AM
pbm where out of stock on the coils... but i'll wait i canceled the whole order today

and f***ing it and getting all pbm

blackonblack2
04-14-2009, 09:26 AM
nvm stuck with them... 25% restocking fee on 2000 dollars worth of parts

honestly the worst company at customer service... didn't try to work with me at all... anyways it is what it is... only reason i went with spl was one pbm was out of stock... and 2 if i end up dailying the car it'll be easier... to daily

azndoc
04-14-2009, 09:35 AM
Your fucked.

But seriously, yeah I wouldn't trust those CS shit for shit.

I'm surprise no one mention Battle Version. Seriously some of the best stuff on the market. Plus Alex stands behind his products.

I've driven on PBM coils and their a bit harsh for me. Tein tie rods and ends are overrated. They work fine, but aren't too sturdy.

You had $2k for just those parts and you could have gotten way more better stuff with more research instead of just jumping on the wagon because some shop told you it was cool.

Do the research online or actually go out to the tracks and talk with people and ask them what their using and how they like it or not.

blackonblack2
04-14-2009, 09:38 AM
Your fucked.

But seriously, yeah I wouldn't trust those CS shit for shit.

I'm surprise no one mention Battle Version. Seriously some of the best stuff on the market. Plus Alex stands behind his products.

I've driven on PBM coils and their a bit harsh for me. Tein tie rods and ends are overrated. They work fine, but aren't too sturdy.

You had $2k for just those parts and you could have gotten way more better stuff with more research instead of just jumping on the wagon because some shop told you it was cool.

Do the research online or actually go out to the tracks and talk with people and ask them what their using and how they like it or not.

yeah so do you think i should still change my coils? to pbm or battle versions?

blackonblack2
04-14-2009, 09:45 AM
i got the spl coilovers to be canceled without a restocking fee.. trying to get in touch with pbm when they open... a little two late on the circuit stuff

veilside180sx
04-14-2009, 09:47 AM
If you ordered all SPL...leave it. The PBM or BV aren't much better than the KTS that SPL sells. (granted I don't side with any of those personally)