PDA

View Full Version : Car won't start, were to get a JDM fuse

rockmafb06
04-11-2009, 05:13 PM
First off I have a 91 hatchback with a redtop in it...
So I was replacing my battery and like a jack ass I don't pay attention and put the terminals on reversed. I replaced the blown 75 amp fuse and the car will now turn over but won't fire. I can smell gas when it is turning over and it acts like it doesn't get spark. What else could have gotten cooked, I am thinking either the ECU or coil pack since there isn't spark. Would the coil pack even be a possibility or should I just worry about the ECU.

punxva
04-14-2009, 07:23 AM
JDM fuse? i'm pretty sure you can just get the fuse off of a 240 in a junkyard, fuses are fuses. i would check all of the other fuses in the car, it really could've fried the ecu but i doubt it would do anything to the coil packs

ANVIL
04-14-2009, 10:26 AM
yeah you could have fried your ecu. other cars also have that 75 amp fuse. i got some from sentras before, theres probablly other cars you can get them off of too

whyrun?
04-14-2009, 10:29 AM
what is this "JDM" fuse we speak of? I MUST HAVE A PICTURE!

you can get them from almost any early 90's to mid 90's nissans or infiniti's. I have pulled some from maxima's, sentra's and a J30.

teamsprock
04-14-2009, 01:25 PM
You can get the 75 amp fuseable links at almost any parts store. Should be a dollar or two. I'd also open up the ECU and see if you smell anything fried? Hopefully not but that can happen very easily when this happens.

SirSilvia
04-18-2009, 12:34 AM
what is this "JDM" fuse we speak of? I MUST HAVE A PICTURE!

you can get them from almost any early 90's to mid 90's nissans or infiniti's. I have pulled some from maxima's, sentra's and a J30.
You asked and shall receive lol
I think he's talking about THESE JDM fuses.
http://www.vanillaslice.info/images/nico/jdm%20fuse.jpg

gotspins13
04-18-2009, 04:27 PM
ahahahaha
i have like 4 in my center console,
you can go loook in your local junk yard =]