PDA

View Full Version : stupid first ticket

KrugNCSU
03-20-2003, 12:33 AM
hey guys i just got my first ticket this weekend on a trip to ECU in Greenville (#1 party school in the nation). I was pulled over by two cops for expired registration sticker on my licencse plate. DOH! Anyways the cop said if i get this all corrected the judge would drop the ticket, but i really dont want to pay court fees which are about $100. Does anyone know a way around this? BTW I'm in NC and I assume that this matters....
My 91 FB is no longer a ticket virgin

Steeles
03-20-2003, 07:11 AM
usually in nc if the ticket is dismissed for compliance (which yours should be if you get it done and go to court) then there is no court fee. ( i get those tickets every other year it seems lol)

mad s13
03-20-2003, 07:15 AM
whats up man..those greenville cops suck don't they..lol. Lemme guess you got pulled around the downtown area? Unfortunatly I don't think you can get pout of paying the court fees..IIRC i had to still pay them when my inspection was expired and I got cought by a seat belt check point a few years ago. Just be glad you don't have any colored light on your car( i hope you don't) or they will give you tickets for that stuff too..Winterville cops are far worse though..and they are moving into the same shopping center where JK Motorsports is..doesn't that suck.... where in Raliegh are you located..i'm heading up that way tonight and tommorow.

Later
Gray

Steeles
03-20-2003, 07:23 AM
:eek: you had to pay court costs Gray?!?!?!? I got that ticket in Greenville when I was living there and mine was a year and a half overdo and didnt pay court cost! you got robbed lol

KrugNCSU
03-20-2003, 02:09 PM
im right off avent ferry rd by state.

crazyikimasho
03-24-2003, 04:27 AM
go to the DA's office before your court date, with proof you fixed it, they should clear it for you. You can also call the NCDMV I think, they may have better info. In NC most times I have heard compliance to tickets usually gets you off from paying court fines as long as there is not a traffic citation attached.