PDA

View Full Version : Ravers!?

luckvx
04-11-2009, 02:22 PM
who here raves all the time, or just goes to massives!

Twinchy
04-11-2009, 02:34 PM
ummm monster massive only.. i used to go alot more back in 2001-2005

luckvx
04-11-2009, 02:40 PM
i use to go a lot from 03-08 but havnt been in a while

SochBAT
04-11-2009, 02:46 PM
People still do this shit?!?!

FRpilot
04-11-2009, 02:48 PM
let's take it back to 1999

ZX88
04-11-2009, 03:12 PM
i hold raves in my apartment. naked. in all serious we had a party with lasers,strobe lights, and black lights and it became a rave i guess cause there were at least 100-150 people in our small ass apartment.

shishcabobers
04-11-2009, 03:14 PM
5KJ__06kyxs

swiftdrift
04-11-2009, 03:25 PM
I go to raves but I'm not into the raver scene... Especially those stupid little kandy kids that roll balls and don't enjoy the event in its essence. I'm in it for the music. Audiotistic is the next one i'm going to and i'm super stoked to see my favorite dj's A&B do a live set with Zoe Johnston.

Also hyped to see Meno and Thrillseekers for the first time. Hopefully I can catch Armand, Does It Offend You, Yeah?, and Castle Vania during their set as well.

Should be a good event.

GSXRJJordan
04-11-2009, 03:41 PM
Check out the TAO thread from around new years, you'll find everyone you need to find in there.

The "massives" scene now is overrun with fucking teenagers. When I started going when I was in college (2001ish) it was mostly older people, I remember being in the younger crowd. Now if you're 18 you're "the old one", much less 25.

Lame.

BustedS13
04-11-2009, 05:20 PM

my thoughts exactly

Matej
04-11-2009, 05:21 PM
Duh, haven't you seen Matrix 2? People still do it in the future.

!Zar!
04-11-2009, 05:46 PM
unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce *stop for water* unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce

BustedS13
04-11-2009, 06:02 PM
Duh, haven't you seen Matrix 2? People still do it in the future.

uh, hello. they don't know what year it is in the real world. matrix 2 could easily be set in 1997.

SochBAT
04-11-2009, 06:09 PM
O r 1897!

dOMEmE
04-11-2009, 06:34 PM
Monster massive baby!!!

DataXUnknown
04-11-2009, 07:33 PM
I don't go to raves only because I'm not really into the whole "candy kids" and everyone's passing around ecstasy and it just isn't my place. And yeah, the age range I'd say is about 16-20. When I was 14-16 I loved raving and loved the music. I had 4 blacklights (one on each corner of my room) and 2 strobe lights, along with 2 fog machines in my room along with a pretty decent sound system.

I'd flip the switch and turn up the trance or techno or whatever I had on and practice raving in my room. My parents probably thought I was weird. I used to shine the strobe light out the window at night to get "cool" cars attention and tell them they had nice rides.

Matej
04-11-2009, 08:16 PM
YTMND - Doctor Venture Raves (http://drventurerave.ytmnd.com)
http://content.ytmnd.com/content/1/2/b/12b0c8ed8ac7f5292cafc8d3663631db.gif

HyperTek
04-11-2009, 08:19 PM
i use to go a lot from 03-08 but havnt been in a while

in 03?? ur only 20 now lol

ESmorz
04-11-2009, 08:21 PM
in 03?? ur only 20 now lol

I went to my first rave Freshman year when I was 14...

HyperTek
04-11-2009, 08:27 PM
ic.. yeah i see now, people dont go for the music anymore, they go because they think its the cool thing to do, all these dumb girls on myspace who always post about it when the massives come up... followed by pictures of them wasted on the floors lol

Touge Noob S13
04-11-2009, 09:17 PM
ic.. yeah i see now, people dont go for the music anymore, they go because they think its the cool thing to do, all these dumb girls on myspace who always post about it when the massives come up... followed by pictures of them wasted on the floors lol

For the drugs mostly (shame shame shame), most of these high school "ravers" listen to ringtone rap and pop crap when they're sober and only listen to dance music when they are "rollin"

240love
04-11-2009, 09:27 PM
unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce *stop for water* unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce unce-unce-unce

hahaha this is what i was thinkin in my head

SlideStyle180
04-11-2009, 09:47 PM
Gahhh!! Kids with vicks and glowsticks galore! People wearing bright colors with their armpit juice visible. PLUR and all that jungle, house, trance stuff. Isn't this an interesting post...

DataXUnknown
04-11-2009, 09:50 PM
omg I hate when people mention "PLUR" and "EDEN" my gosh it just makes me wanna slap them.

ESmorz
04-11-2009, 09:52 PM

No matter what it comes to you're always an OG, and in it for the right reasons.

:drama:

If kids want to get high, and dance around like idiots to loud music... all the power to them.

TravisSW
04-11-2009, 10:19 PM
I don't go to raves only because I'm not really into the whole "candy kids" and everyone's passing around ecstasy and it just isn't my place. And yeah, the age range I'd say is about 16-20. When I was 14-16 I loved raving and loved the music. I had 4 blacklights (one on each corner of my room) and 2 strobe lights, along with 2 fog machines in my room along with a pretty decent sound system.

And Wes, you don't have to be a "candy kid" nor do you have to do ecstasy to go to raves and/or enjoy it. I hate people who have this mentality about them. I swear, venues should just make them 18+.

I used to go to raves ALL the time when I was in High School and a bit after college. Used to go every other week when "Tekno Club" was at Q-Topia in Hollywood.

Hit up a few parties at the Orion (what a dump lol, but it worked). I'm usually a massive person now, last one I hit was EDC of 08. It was fucking awesome.

I still go now and then, there for the dancing and the music...and oh, the hot jail bait ass and the girls wearing practically nothing! :boink:

Anyways, as lame as it sounds. I can still get in the groove and feel the music (besides the bass), this is why I love trance and any variation of it. EDC was even more of a blast because I was there with a girl that I liked a lot. Even sounding more gayer is that I have never felt better when I was kissing her, bad ass trance was playing, lasers, lights, fireworks, it was fucking epic.

<3 Massives lol

TravisSW
04-11-2009, 10:21 PM
YTMND - Doctor Venture Raves (http://drventurerave.ytmnd.com)
http://content.ytmnd.com/content/1/2/b/12b0c8ed8ac7f5292cafc8d3663631db.gif

ROFL, I'm watching this episode as we speak.

DataXUnknown
04-11-2009, 10:49 PM
lol travis i didn't say i hate going to raves, its just all my friends go there for the ecstasy and candy kids n all that and i wouldn't go there by myself. i'd like to find people to go with for the music and dancing and maybe a girl i like even.

thagremlin
04-11-2009, 10:53 PM
i used to go a couple years ago.. alot of undergrounds.. after party, and big massive in LA.. i wasnt a big raver i just went to enjoy the music and bboy

RiversideS13
04-11-2009, 11:38 PM
98-00 was the best time in my opinion. I did not go after because cannot afford whole night party and need brain cells.

TravisSW
04-11-2009, 11:40 PM
lol travis i didn't say i hate going to raves, its just all my friends go there for the ecstasy and candy kids n all that and i wouldn't go there by myself. i'd like to find people to go with for the music and dancing and maybe a girl i like even.

Welp, next time I go and if you're game, we can make out..err..I mean, go to the party and kick it. haha:D

VNG704
04-11-2009, 11:48 PM
And Wes, you don't have to be a "candy kid" nor do you have to do ecstasy to go to raves and/or enjoy it. I hate people who have this mentality about them. I swear, venues should just make them 18+.

I used to go to raves ALL the time when I was in High School and a bit after college. Used to go every other week when "Tekno Club" was at Q-Topia in Hollywood.

Hit up a few parties at the Orion (what a dump lol, but it worked). I'm usually a massive person now, last one I hit was EDC of 08. It was fucking awesome.

I still go now and then, there for the dancing and the music...and oh, the hot jail bait ass and the girls wearing practically nothing! :boink:

Anyways, as lame as it sounds. I can still get in the groove and feel the music (besides the bass), this is why I love trance and any variation of it. EDC was even more of a blast because I was there with a girl that I liked a lot. Even sounding more gayer is that I have never felt better when I was kissing her, bad ass trance was playing, lasers, lights, fireworks, it was fucking epic.

<3 Massives lol
....this guy drops e.:hide:

TravisSW
04-12-2009, 12:00 AM
Haha

Been tempted a few times, but I can't.

Since:
1) I don't want to fry my brain
2) I'd much rather drink alchy lol I'm on A, not E
3) My high school friend has his eyes roll in the back of his head when I gave him a light show and it scared me shitless.
4) Can't do it anyways 'cause I'm trying to be 5-0.

theronin
04-12-2009, 12:03 AM
ive done E a few times. its fun. definitely not something i would do all the time. but once in a while its fun to get that retarded.

luckvx
04-12-2009, 12:15 AM
been raving since about 14 but i found a website called plurlife.com and theres like a shit load of ravers on there and i was like wow, there all candy kids and homos pretty much no one on there is over 20

ESmorz
04-12-2009, 12:24 AM
The PLUR shit is for people who are afraid of the real world.

ALTRNTV
04-12-2009, 12:30 AM
I've been listening to house/techno/electro since around 2000, but have never gone to a rave, until last June 2008 at EDC. I had a great time and have gone to 2 more raves after that. Those "kandy kids" are quite a sight to see, but they don't bother me.

NismoB13
04-12-2009, 12:52 AM
I've been going to raves starting this year and I think they're awsome. Call me an idiot if you want to, but i find it to be loads of fun.

TravisSW
04-12-2009, 12:56 AM
Zilvia.net Rave Meet?
hahahah

ALTRNTV
04-12-2009, 01:10 AM
EDC is the next massive. 2-day event. It's a regional thing, so I'll make a thread about it.

http://zilvia.net/f/south-western-states/250725-electric-daisy-carnival-2009-edc.html#post2744756

Matej
04-12-2009, 01:45 AM
Went to Loveparade once.

It was scary.

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n64/loce314/loveparade.jpg

aziankingz
04-12-2009, 01:59 AM
i never went to a rave in my life but i love trance/rave/techno music.. heard those raves are for people who love to drop or whatever you guys call it these days..lol

WERDdabuilder
04-12-2009, 02:02 AM
http://a545.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/67/l_bcafa61ee0377a360cfd0bcbb4a5ef38.gif

all hail !!

SochBAT
04-12-2009, 02:16 AM
^^^

my ribs hurt from laughing so much.

Imaginary Rep for you.

ALTRNTV
04-12-2009, 02:20 AM
http://files.dipdive.com/1220604498/mediaItem/1555/2522/arnold_rave.gif

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg194/Twitzedbarbie/techno-4.gif?t=1239524377

TravisSW
04-12-2009, 02:53 AM
i never went to a rave in my life but i love trance/rave/techno music.. heard those raves are for people who love to drop or whatever you guys call it these days..lol

You know, how is this different from any other "music event?"

Rock/metal has weed, meth, and so on

Hiphop/crap has weed, stabbings and shootings

Oh ya, raptor jesus ftw

Felipe
04-12-2009, 04:43 AM
dose it count if your as went to a rave in 94? lol

napaKAliboog
04-12-2009, 08:58 AM
anyone went to vitamin E (club in los angeles) back in 99-02?

240love
04-12-2009, 11:18 AM
http://files.dipdive.com/1220604498/mediaItem/1555/2522/arnold_rave.gif

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg194/Twitzedbarbie/techno-4.gif?t=1239524377

OMG!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH i cant stop laughing at this!!! hahahaha

BustedS13
04-12-2009, 11:49 AM
http://a545.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/67/l_bcafa61ee0377a360cfd0bcbb4a5ef38.gif

all hail !!

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e309/makoeyes97/Fukken-saved.jpg

completely forgot about that piece of shit movie

Matej
04-12-2009, 02:17 PM
Ya'll like bngrz?

Knuckles
04-12-2009, 02:49 PM
dose it count if your as went to a rave in 94? lol

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff199/divinewindkillz/haha/asianravers.jpg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt_dRH9-m5w)

Bubbles
04-12-2009, 05:46 PM
What movie is that from?

ESmorz
04-12-2009, 05:48 PM
What movie is that from?

Jesus Camp.

Watch it. Cringe in terror.

Bubbles
04-12-2009, 05:55 PM
I thought you were just bullshitting so I checked IMDB.

This is on the first page of a youtube Jesus Camp search, crank the volume and prepare to get awesome.

YouTube - Crazy Screaming Christian at some jesus camp (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyJI9xDUYV8)

ESmorz
04-12-2009, 05:57 PM
Oh, you have to watch the whole movie.

It's an hour and half trip around crazy town.

Bubbles
04-12-2009, 06:00 PM
It's an hour and half trip around crazy town.

Like the entertaining, make jokes about it later with your friends kind or just the shitty kind?

ESmorz
04-12-2009, 06:01 PM
Like the entertaining, make jokes about it later with your friends kind or just the shitty kind?

Definitely a heaping portion of both.

Helghast
04-12-2009, 06:09 PM
I raved.
Last one was at TAO '08.
It's ridiculous now a days, over crowded and completely disorganized.
Crews just wants money, nothing else.
Talents don't exist in this fuck's mentality.

I'll be "raving" at Coachella next week.

...and maybe Audiotistic.
but Insomniac seriously has started to suck balls when it comes to managing crowds.

ALTRNTV
04-12-2009, 06:13 PM
It's all about the money now, and who can blame them. 60,000+ for EDC at let's say, an average at $60 per ticket...

Helghast
04-12-2009, 06:15 PM
Even for a smaller sized event it's retarded.

Sin City this year was charging $80+ at the door, and that shit got semi-shutdown by the Fire Marshalls.

They just keep selling tickets without thinking.

..and also Re-Hashing talents.

How many times do we need to see Paul Van Dyke, or Paul Oakenfold?

origin_s135
04-12-2009, 06:41 PM
i used to go back in high school. i went A LOT, like every week hitting up underground & massives. i stopped a long time ago, it's not the same anymore.

hOngsterr
04-12-2009, 06:42 PM
whose going to EDC?
lol

ALTRNTV
04-12-2009, 06:46 PM
Even for a smaller sized event it's retarded.

Sin City this year was charging $80+ at the door, and that shit got semi-shutdown by the Fire Marshalls.
I heard about Sin City. My friend was DJing at that one.

Money talks nowadays and massives are the ones that people usually go to try and experiment with drugs, since everyone goes.

whose going to EDC?
lol
http://zilvia.net/f/south-western-states/250725-electric-daisy-carnival-2009-edc.html#post2744756

Otto347
04-12-2009, 06:46 PM
Yeah, this was my first year missing ultra. I still hit up local shows but the only thing worth going to anymore are drum and bass shows. The crowds are good and their are minimal candy kids around. People come for the music and a good time. Thats why I love drum and bass, 99% of the general population thinks its just a bunch of noise lol

Helghast
04-12-2009, 07:14 PM
YES.

Drum N Bass is the shit.
Less Fucktards.

Except for the douches that gets too excited and starts a mosh pit.
I know it's OMGTHISBASSISREALLYAMAZINGICANFEELITINMYBONESBOH, but don't be an idiot and start a mosh pit.

BOH.

luckvx
04-12-2009, 07:15 PM
does everyone hate kandi kids

ericcastro
04-12-2009, 07:24 PM

let's take it back to 1999
99?

fucking 94.

... Especially those stupid little kandy kids that roll balls and don't enjoy the event in its essence.
Rave was fucking based off getting fucked up, dancing, dressing uniquely with big pants,colored hair, tons of "candy" and tripping each other out.

I used to go to some raves and had lots of friends Dj and go to that shit all the time.
"Candy Ravers" were always a really big part of it. them and the "Speaker freakers" were the ones dancing the most, attend every event no matter how large or small, and support the scene in there daily life too.
i would be seriously disappointed to go to a rave now and see a bunch of fucking 909 looking dudes bobbing there head and staring at the girls.
might as well be a club.

Candy Ravers are the ones that are strong enough to say fuck it, and live that shit everyday imo.

course raves were over before 2000, lol.

BBSilvia
04-12-2009, 09:01 PM
YES.

Drum N Bass is the shit.
Less Fucktards.

I know it's OMGTHISBASSISREALLYAMAZINGICANFEELITINMYBONESBOH, but don't be an idiot and start a mosh pit.

BOH.
seems like all the weirdos are in the drum and bass section but i still like it and house, deadmau5 hollywood comming up!!!

luckvx
04-12-2009, 10:04 PM
im going to see deadmau5 next month!!!

plus everytime i go to a rave big or small, you see cholos just standing there with a beer looking at the girls

lflkajfj12123
04-12-2009, 10:22 PM
listening to drum and bass right now

go premie and you can view my thread on it

liquid dnb for life

Felipe
04-12-2009, 10:30 PM
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff199/divinewindkillz/haha/asianravers.jpg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt_dRH9-m5w)

LMAO!!!!!!!! :bowrofl:

i remember that stupid song too! but i dont remember asian at raves... oh wait thats some ones house...

lolatclint
04-12-2009, 10:37 PM
whats a rave?

BBSilvia
04-12-2009, 10:38 PM
listening to drum and bass right now

go premie and you can view my thread on it

liquid dnb for life

i might just have to do that

plus everytime i go to a rave big or small, you see cholos just standing there with a beer looking at the girls
hahaha yea this is true many interesting times cant wait for deadmau5 though!!!

Helghast
04-12-2009, 11:00 PM
Awesome: Listening to Chase and Status - BBC1 Essential Mix.

Not-Awesome: Listening with shitty lappy top speakers.

BBSilvia
04-12-2009, 11:05 PM
yea im using some sony noise cancling ones, great bass and listning to cosmic gates newist cd

lflkajfj12123
04-12-2009, 11:13 PM
Awesome: Listening to Chase and Status - BBC1 Essential Mix.

Not-Awesome: Listening with shitty lappy top speakers.

hahaha duuuuude

i'm listening to the bbc1 high contrast - essential mix

fuck you're cool

luckvx
04-13-2009, 02:36 AM
im cool to...

Otto347
04-13-2009, 10:46 AM

BOH.http://smiliesftw.com/x/bowrofl.gif (http://smiliesftw.com)
Hey now, I was at a POTD show in orlando 2 years ago. When Dieselboy dropped that "Extreme Steel" track with the cuts from Hatebreed and Slayer I couldnt help myself! Now I will say that was the only time I started a pit at a drum and bass show.

Knuckles
04-13-2009, 10:49 AM

these kinda cholos right?!

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm159/DTC-SUPERSTAR/image00222.jpg

lol...raves

Otto347
04-13-2009, 10:54 AM
lol what the hell are the guys to the left doing? They look pretty serious!

luckvx
04-13-2009, 02:14 PM
[quote=hachi_roku_swing;2746641]these kinda cholos right?!

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm159/DTC-SUPERSTAR/image00222.jpg

lmao!!!!!!!!

BBSilvia
04-13-2009, 03:49 PM
hahahaha wow

XeroX
04-13-2009, 04:39 PM
I never woulda thought you guys woulda started a thread about raving...haha...

I was never a Candy Raver by any means, but i can admit i was always the one ending up lost, and showing up back at the hotel after the riave got busted with like 5 chicks...with only 2 being actually good looking once ur in the light hahaha....Un-sober to say the LEAST

oh god, seriously...the stupid things that we do when we are young....

The last massive i went to was popsicle i think, or love fest? one of them...i went to both of them in 07 and early 08 i believe..cant really remember...But prior to that i think the last rave i went to was like Divas Playhouse in 2000 or something crazy...

lflkajfj12123
04-13-2009, 04:57 PM
why must you type in italics?

VROOOM
04-13-2009, 05:23 PM
i havent been to a rave in a long, long time but. i did find this a few weeks ago while cleaning my room.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k79/nismothecat/P1000206.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k79/nismothecat/P1000208.jpg

XeroX
04-13-2009, 05:50 PM
why must you type in italics?

Better now? lol...

Truth is, i didnt even notice? hmm wierd.

TravisSW
04-13-2009, 10:21 PM
Better now? lol...

Truth is, i didnt even notice? hmm wierd.

slant eye?
jk! lol
:mrmeph:

!Zar!
04-14-2009, 04:45 AM
I'm going to EDC.

Buying my ticket tomorrow. Since I already HELLA lagged and the price went up.

People rolling aren't annoying.

It's when they are almost floored and the dudes turn HELLA gay and are all making out with each other everywhere or trying to feel up on you.

UGH.

XeroX
04-14-2009, 12:13 PM
I'm going to EDC.

It's when they are almost floored and the dudes turn HELLA gay and are all making out with each other everywhere or trying to feel up on you.

UGH.

"man can you give me a massage?" haha

Or like someone getting WAY too close to someones face giving them a light show..hahaha...

my friend almost had some dude try to kiss him, i guess it was so dark he didnt know the guy was right infront of him till he felt his "heat signature" (inside joke) cause the guy was like breathing on his face hahaa...

wierd $hit man....wierd $hit....still funny tho....i guess my friend put down his gay-dar protection....

"its okay man we're rollin....it only hurts at first"

hahaaaaa

fuckin disgusting...

Brian
04-14-2009, 12:16 PM
Guys, I just want to say this...

You might think it's "fun" and "cool" to do all those drugs, but try and think about long term things.

You only get one brain and one life.

Try and tone it down on the drugs. There is more to life than getting "hopped up" on drugs.

Love,
Brian Harte

VROOOM
04-14-2009, 12:21 PM
sorry, i will not stop licking toads!!!

Brian
04-14-2009, 12:25 PM
"one love"

Matej
04-14-2009, 12:25 PM
sorry, i will not stop licking toads!!!
O6jSVL7oRzU

Bubbles
04-14-2009, 01:15 PM
I was at a non raving, heterosexual dance club and had a guy grab my ass.

Not near drunk enough to let that pass.

!Zar!
04-14-2009, 01:16 PM
Guys, I just want to say this...

You might think it's "fun" and "cool" to do all those drugs, but try and think about long term things.

You only get one brain and one life.

Try and tone it down on the drugs. There is more to life than getting "hopped up" on drugs.

Love,
Brian Harte

I am not here to defend/stand up for nor say I do or do not take place in illegal activities such as doing the drug that you are referencing to, but MDMA is fairly safe if taken in moderation while staying hydrated.

Some reports have stated that they believe it's safer then asprin/drinking; all of which should only be done in moderation and can cause harm if not consumed properly.

VROOOM
04-14-2009, 01:21 PM
I am not here to defend/stand up for nor say I do or do not take place in illegal activities such as doing the drug that you are referencing to, but MDMA is fairly safe if taken in moderation while staying hydrated.

Some reports have stated that they believe it's safer then asprin/drinking; all of which should only be done in moderation and can cause harm if not consumed properly.

got any links to said reports? there is no way its safer than Aspirin. you dont feel like your retarded the day after you take Aspirin

Brian
04-14-2009, 01:33 PM
I have no idea what any of that means...

I just happen to know that Raves are known for drug use. I think people use that ECSTASY stuff.

I just want you guys to think about your actions.

It's very easy to defend the thing YOU are doing, but just make sure to realize the other side's point of view also.

!Zar!
04-14-2009, 01:53 PM
got any links to said reports? there is no way its safer than Aspirin. you dont feel like your retarded the day after you take Aspirin
I'm not really looking for strong arguments to stand up for the illegal drug use, nor put it down.

Here are some links that touch on the subject but I haven't read them, so who knows what it says. =)

Chief Constable's Blog : Is ecstasy really safer than aspirin? (http://www.north-wales.police.uk/portal/blogs/cc/archive/2008/01/03/is-ecstasy-really-safer-than-aspirin.aspx)

Here is some quote from a police chief of some sort.
Ecstasy safer than aspirin: Top UK cop (http://news.smh.com.au/world/ecstasy-safer-than-aspirin-top-uk-cop-20080102-1jwx.html)

I have no idea what any of that means...

I just happen to know that Raves are known for drug use. I think people use that ECSTASY stuff.

I just want you guys to think about your actions.

It's very easy to defend the thing YOU are doing, but just make sure to realize the other side's point of view also.

Not everyone HAS to do drugs at raves. I've gone to raves and had no illegal drugs what so ever.

Though sad but true, people are doing illegal dugs like extacy and coke just to have, "fun" at a local club/outing.

I think some of it has to do with being easier to go around undetected in a club, and also that believe it or not, it's easier to get your hands on the item at hand if you are underage than if you wanted an alcoholic beverage.

murda-c
04-14-2009, 01:57 PM
Yeah man I think you should let people do whatever they want it's their own bodies. I prefer more freedom.

VROOOM
04-14-2009, 02:00 PM
I'm not really looking for strong arguments to stand up for the illegal drug use, nor put it down.

Here are some links that touch on the subject but I haven't read them, so who knows what it says. =)

Chief Constable's Blog : Is ecstasy really safer than aspirin? (http://www.north-wales.police.uk/portal/blogs/cc/archive/2008/01/03/is-ecstasy-really-safer-than-aspirin.aspx)

Here is some quote from a police chief of some sort.
Ecstasy safer than aspirin: Top UK cop (http://news.smh.com.au/world/ecstasy-safer-than-aspirin-top-uk-cop-20080102-1jwx.html)

it just says in the last 14 years more deaths have been caused by Aspirin than Ecstacy in England. according to what is written on the death certificate.

Otto347
04-14-2009, 02:06 PM
you dont feel like your retarded the day after you take Aspirin..and want to shoot yourself because youre depressed lol

VROOOM
04-14-2009, 02:07 PM
..and want to shoot yourself because youre depressed lol

yeah take that stuff alot and you can get really depressed.

ZenkiCam
04-14-2009, 02:30 PM
http://www.medgadget.com/archives/img/pacifier.jpg

NismoB13
04-14-2009, 02:41 PM

I'll admit that I don't. I think it's alot of fun and it's a way of meeting new people.

seems like all the weirdos are in the drum and bass section but i still like it and house, deadmau5 hollywood comming up!!!

woot! deadmau5! but then showtek is the week after. first time in U.S., too. damn, decisions decsions.

Brian
04-14-2009, 02:51 PM
What is the deal with the pacifier... pasifier... no, I think Pacifier...

What is the deal with those.

Back when I was in high school, there was this guy who was a raver and did the rave drugs.

I think he had one of those in his mouth when we went to Grad Night at Disneyland.

How come people do that for raves?

VROOOM
04-14-2009, 02:55 PM
What is the deal with the pacifier... pasifier... no, I think Pacifier...

What is the deal with those.

Back when I was in high school, there was this guy who was a raver and did the rave drugs.

I think he had one of those in his mouth when we went to Grad Night at Disneyland.

How come people do that for raves?

some so called "rave drugs" make you grind your teeth.

Brian
04-14-2009, 03:01 PM
Oh alright, I see I see.

Otto347
04-14-2009, 03:07 PM
Fucking DJ Dara is this Sunday with Marcus Schulz the following Saturday! This will be a good week!

smelly240
04-14-2009, 03:15 PM
i have been going to parties for about 15 years now... I dont do any drugs anymore... I used to roll a lot, and have had 2 catscans and the doctor was suprised to hear that i did mda/mdma semi regularly for like 5 years. The problems occur from overheating and dehydration, and often the pills are cut with pretty awful stuff since alone its extremely difficult to press the flakey acetone washed powder into a pill...

I suggest any of you that do these drugs realize its dangerous - maybe not the "burning holes in your brain" the media hyped in the early 00's but strokes, seizures, heat exhaustion... these things are real dangers to be aware of. It is not good for you, but telling you not to do something i did isn't going to change anyones mind (especially since my brain still functions normally)

I remember when "e" was a powder they put inside a sugar wafer, or was only available in clear capsules... there were no "pills", double stacks, white rhinos, blue mitsus, green omegas, spongebobs, marleys, rhubarbs, or pink dolphins... It was fun, but i outgrew it completely. Just thinking about it grosses me out now.

I still goto parties here in philly, and i goto ny and baltimore parties too... every couple years i try to hit up big stuff like toronto, and miami's conferences.

Brian, the pacifier is because amphetimines make u chew ur mouth to bits... thats y u see so much candy and stuff when ur around the e-tards.

Junglists > pink pants beaded bracelet spongebob backpack twats.

GO TO PARTIES... ENJOY THE MUSIC... DON'T GO BECAUSE U THINK ITS A SAFE PLACE TO DO DRUGS! PLUR IS DEAD - LISTEN TO JUNGLE.

edit - i keep seeing the word candikid and i think theres a misconception there... the candikids used to be kids that were into the rainbow clothes and the "candi" was because they'd run around the party handing out candies to other kids... the bracelets and shit are not why they're called candikids...

Brian
04-14-2009, 03:20 PM
We can get through this together.

Otto347
04-14-2009, 03:21 PM
edit - i keep seeing the word candikid and i think theres a misconception there... the candikids used to be kids that were into the rainbow clothes and the "candi" was because they'd run around the party handing out candies to other kids... the bracelets and shit are not why they're called candikids...Yeah but if the only kids handing out candy at parties are wearing multi colored beads and clothes then there really is no misconception :rofl:

Brian
04-14-2009, 03:29 PM
real candy... or "CANDY" a.k.a. drugs.

renegade_ewok
04-14-2009, 03:37 PM
but MDMA is fairly safe if taken in moderation while staying hydrated.
True, and hell, enjoy it while it lasts... but at the very same time mdma induced depression is medically documented and viable... you'll be all like :hahano:

WERDdabuilder
04-14-2009, 04:04 PM
I think people use that ECSTASY stuff.

ha, BH you had me chuckling. you sound like an old geezer when you say stuff like that.

Brian
04-14-2009, 04:06 PM
I feel that way.

VROOOM
04-14-2009, 04:20 PM
real candy... or "CANDY" a.k.a. drugs.

Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker.

Brian
04-14-2009, 04:21 PM
Well yes, we all like Gene W. as well as that movie.....

!Zar!
04-14-2009, 04:31 PM
True, and hell, enjoy it while it lasts... but at the very same time mdma induced depression is medically documented and viable... you'll be all like :hahano:

I've only heard of one emo case personally.

Person wanted to slit their wrist.

Emo roll? lol.

I haven't seen anything like that though in close instances.

Brian
04-14-2009, 04:54 PM
ZAR, pm me if you need to talk it out.

I don't want anybody to feel like they are "alone".

I'm here to help.

!Zar!
04-14-2009, 04:59 PM
I cut myself to gain attention of my loved ones.

Brian
04-14-2009, 05:01 PM
Hey man, come on.

There are other ways to gain attention.

Cutting yourself is just not right, man. It's really bad for you and there are more SAFE ways to express yourself.

You might feel like you "have it under control", but the next time could be the LAST time.

Zar, none of us want to see you hurt. We love you and enjoy you here.

!Zar!
04-14-2009, 05:04 PM
No.

Too late.

Fuck this.

I'm going to go cut myself and pour extacy in the wounds.

And by extacy, I mean asprin.

Because extacy is illegal and wrong.

ALTRNTV
04-14-2009, 05:25 PM
I'm going to EDC.

UGH.
Tickets start going on sale on April 21.

Helghast
04-14-2009, 06:38 PM
OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED BY INSOMNIAC:
Day One:
Paul Oakenfold
ATB
Eddie Halliwell

Day Two:
Fatboy Slim
Paul van Dyk
David Guetta
Benny Benassi

CONFIRMED VIA MYSPACE/TWITTER/OFFICIAL ARTIST WEBSITES:
Major Laser, [MySpace]
Dieselboy, [MySpace]
MC Messinian, [MySpace]
Joaquin Bamaca, [MySpace]
Kelevra, [MySpace]
MC Dino, [MySpace]
The Martinez Brothers, [MySpace] Day 2
Tortured Soul, [MySpace]
Andy Caldwell, [MySpace]
Boys Noize, [MySpace] Day 1
Diplo, [MySpace]
Subfocus, [MySpace] Day 2
Friction, [MySpace] Day 2
Infected Mushroom, [Official Artist Site; infected.co.il] Day 2
Shame On You, [MySpace]
Foamo, [MySpace]
Computer Club, [SoSweet's Twitter/Myspace]
DJ Reza, [Official Artist Site]
Simian Mobile Disco, [SoSweet's Twitter] Day 2
Cheyne, [SoSweet's Twitter]
Shinichi Osawa, [SoSweet's Twitter]
Fake Blood, [SoSweet's Twitter]
Sharkslayer, [SoSweet's Twitter]
Bass Weazal, [SoSweet's Twitter]
Sander Van Doorn [MySpace] Day 1
James Zabiela [MySpace] Day 2
Marcus Schulz [MySpace] Day 2

Dee
04-14-2009, 07:23 PM
http://www.i-mockery.com/antirave/idiots/plur.jpg

This thread is so plur! lol

I used to go a lot years ago mostly to tekno klub, then started attending massives only until i saw someone die from a OD @ Nocturnal I forgot what year it was but it was the one were they had it waaay out in the middle of nowhere at some old dirt airport strip and it was HOT AS FRUCK!; that experience there just ruined it for me so I haven't been since.

Anyone here goto Respect Drum & Bass? That's the only venue I've been contemplating going to.

Dirty Habit
04-14-2009, 07:26 PM
Oontz! Oontz! Oontz! Oontz! Oontz! Oontz! Oontz! Oontz! Oontz!

Bobafreak
04-14-2009, 11:57 PM
i use to go when it was at the fox theater. This is when ron d core was out and hells hammer. then the orion then i got tired of the new gravers and etc. now its just contempt clubs and every now and then massive. But the lineups every yr are almost the same. I either seen them before or dont care much for them.

looking up above for edc....same shit. paul oakenfold played last time. infected mushroom?!?! This shit is like a every year anniversary.

!Zar!
04-15-2009, 08:05 PM
There need to be a set done by, sebastiAn, danger, datA and, Kavinsky.

/humanity.

lolatclint
04-17-2009, 01:09 AM
i have big pupils and get poked by needles to get aids

325irollin
04-17-2009, 03:37 AM
Trance shows are awesome. Never been to a rave though. Don't imagine its much different besides more drugs

I LUV MY S13
09-04-2009, 11:12 PM
i try to go atleast once every 2 months..hate DnB, trance ok, electrro/house:eek3d:

cant decide, hard haunted mansion or monster massive

xpertsnowcarver
09-05-2009, 04:58 AM
Fuck it man! Both!!! Haha.

chibo
09-05-2009, 08:02 AM
I raved for two years, the scene here turned into shit though.

lewisfk
09-05-2009, 11:35 AM
I had the pleasure to go to raves in Germany, Japan, and in several different states, but I feel that its now a giant fad! Its more about drugs than anything, I use to go to raves to hear the new music, break, and maybe holla at a few females! I went to my last rave in 03 in a warehouse back by THADS in San Diego and it sucked major balls. I stayed until 5 in the morning than went home with the people I came with! That was the last time I ever rode with someone else to a party or club!

I LUV MY S13
09-05-2009, 01:34 PM
Fuck it man! Both!!! Haha.
they're the same night foo!!

I raved for two years, the scene here turned into shit though.

damn idk man raves are pretty dope here...just some venues are STRICT

I had the pleasure to go to raves in Germany, Japan, and in several different states, but I feel that its now a giant fad! Its more about drugs than anything, I use to go to raves to hear the new music, break, and maybe holla at a few females! I went to my last rave in 03 in a warehouse back by THADS in San Diego and it sucked major balls. I stayed until 5 in the morning than went home with the people I came with! That was the last time I ever rode with someone else to a party or club!

shit i go to raves for tha music, chicks, and overall fun but i definitely do think that ppl go for the drugs rather than anything else

ESmorz
09-05-2009, 01:36 PM
MGMT and Daft Punk ruined it for everybody.

BustedS13
09-05-2009, 01:38 PM
hipsters make the world obsolete, one genre at a time

ZenkiKid
09-05-2009, 04:24 PM
YouTube - Early Asian Rave Dance 1994 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt_dRH9-m5w)

I LUV MY S13
09-05-2009, 04:28 PM
good god...

its good they dont play that type of music anymore haha

J90lude
09-05-2009, 05:30 PM
I have never been but maybe oine day I will XD

xpertsnowcarver
09-06-2009, 01:53 AM
Hahaha... 90s hair cuts :p Year 2000 marked the end of Flat Top hair cuts. lol

Otto347
09-06-2009, 10:23 AM
Went to a Jackal and Hyde show last night, shit was bumpin! Only thing is Tampas kinda weak for electronic shit nowadays. Not to mention the 60 year old man with some Jnco jeans and chains hanging from his waist lol

!Zar!
09-06-2009, 10:36 AM
Flat tops ended WAY before year 2000.

Souljahzs13
09-06-2009, 09:26 PM
YouTube - Early Asian Rave Dance 1994 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt_dRH9-m5w)

Oh Shit!! I almost forgot those days when the FOBs had the bleach bangs going on lol

hOngsterr
09-06-2009, 10:10 PM
haha go to monster massive!

325irollin
09-06-2009, 10:14 PM
Never been to a "Rave" but I enjoy going to see my favorite Trance DJs play down in Dallas

SimpleSexy180
09-07-2009, 01:14 PM

wow. me and my girl couldnt stop laughing.

vogue.

berz
09-07-2009, 01:37 PM
always n forever rip dj tron. i dont know why i like him so much . his beats were above par for his style of music

Mista Lee
09-07-2009, 01:51 PM
i laugh everytime i watch this..
YouTube - EDC 09 lilscythe best light show ever (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC2emlXBuIM&feature=related)

meteorite_flo
09-08-2009, 03:58 PM
WOW! That person is on one.

hektik13
09-08-2009, 04:17 PM
ive gona to monster massive 07 shit was better then any monster yet and edc 08 was alright but ive chilled out on the thizzin shit myself but i do love the music and love to be around people at raves but yeah raves are out played but yet its a point of life for everyone so live it and love it

I LUV MY S13
09-08-2009, 04:18 PM
yea some ppl live at raves..i go wen i need to sum entertainment

ThatGuy
09-08-2009, 04:20 PM
ive gona to monster massive 07 shit was better then any monster yet and edc 08 was alright but ive chilled out on the thizzin shit myself but i do love the music and love to be around people at raves but yeah raves are out played but yet its a point of life for everyone so live it and love it

Wow, did you leave all your punctuation and sentence structure at the rave?

Seriously, that would have been easier to understand if you would have chewed up a dictionary, and shit words on to a sheet of paper.

I LUV MY S13
09-08-2009, 04:34 PM
Wow, did you leave all your punctuation and sentence structure at the rave?

Seriously, that would have been easier to understand if you would have chewed up a dictionary, and shit words on to a sheet of paper.
:rofl::rofl: :bowrofl:

your probably right

silly_13
09-09-2009, 02:19 AM
FRESH!!!! this sunday! free rave who's going???
I'm gonna be going to nocturnal, then to love fest up north a week after noc. I barely started going to this raves, and i like it, met alot of really cool ppl, and few friends of mine thought me how to shuffle, im still trying to learn lol, but getting there.

!Zar!
09-09-2009, 02:34 AM
LovElution!

I'll definitely "roll" down the block to that one.

worangejuice
09-09-2009, 03:53 AM
SRSLY.............Are the Castles EVER going to play a full show?