PDA

View Full Version : Vertical flow intercooler pipe routing ideas

kim_jong_il
04-11-2009, 12:20 PM
I've basically decided to keep my S14 for now when I get back to the US next month. I realized how much I enjoy working on something in my spare time and it not being my only form of transportation will make things even easier.

Anyway, I was setting the car up for a KA-T before I moved to dubai and bought most of the parts. I bought an ATI 2-core intercooler from a mustang procharger kit. They are vert flow with one inlet at top on one side, bottom on the other. Dimensions are about 18 x 12.5 x 3. I want to retain the crash rebar.

Anyone have ideas as to whether this is going to be a severe pain in the ass or not? One side, whatever side I choose to have the bottom pipe will be able to use the typical fmic pipe routing for our cars. The outlet/inlet that will be on top is what I'm worried about, thinking I'm going to have issues with the headlights or something. I'm just trying to think it through before I arrive so I can decide whether or not to just buy a normal front mount setup, I would prefer to use this core though to see how well the vert. flow performs. Pics of a similar core on a G8 (supercharged G8 GXP, now that would be fun).

http://image.gmhightechperformance.com/f/17598537/0903gmhtp_21_z+2008_pontiac_g8_gt_procharger_ho_in tercooled_supercharger_system_install+bolting_inte rcooler_infront_of_the_ac_condenser.jpg

teamsprock
04-12-2009, 09:39 PM
check out how full race runs the piping on there backdoor intercoolers. Depending on dimesnions you should be able to run the piping very similar to their setup. If you need more pictures PM me.... my car is the car in their catoluge!

kim_jong_il
04-13-2009, 11:52 AM
Just saw it on their site, gave me some ideas. Guess I'll just have to wait until I get back to the US to start fooling around with it.