PDA

View Full Version : Boy am I stupid

DuffMan
03-19-2003, 03:12 AM
Well for the fast few days in Chicago it has been no longer the frozen hell hole that it was all winter. To better enjoy this blessing, I have been driving arround my 93 hatch with the pop up sun roof off. Today when I got to work I remembered that they were predicting rain this evening so i placed the sun roof on it's location without lining up the latch or anything because I was in a hurry to get in to work.

When I got out this evening I was dog tired and just got in the car and drove forgetting all about it. Well needless to say the stupid thing flew off after hitting a small bump at 50mph and shattered into a million pieces. I drove home in the rain, stole the pop up sunroof off my 90 hatch and covered that car with a ghetto canvas car cover. It's still going to get wet, but hopefully less so.

What to do now. I'm way too poor to pay the dealership for a new one, even a junk yard one is too much. Everytime I saw it, it would just remind me of how stupid I was. I'm thinking maybe I could make something out of Lexan to replace it. That stuff is cheap at the hardware stores. Anyone done anything like that before?

RacerBoi
03-19-2003, 07:26 AM
I tried making a temporary quarter window out of plexi for my ford explorer. It was a big pain in my ass. Granted i only had a dremil. If i were you i would see if anyone is parting out a car in the FS section. Good Luck

wherezmytofu
03-19-2003, 09:04 AM
i could've told u that