PDA

View Full Version : Turbo-charging/Forced Induction section?

96SEChick
03-18-2003, 08:46 PM
I was wanting to suggest a Forced Induction, or Turbo-charging section, but the Forum Suggestions section is locked for admin posts only. So, I'll put it here and mods can move it/lock it where they see fit.

Please vote in the poll: Would you like to have a separate section devoted solely to the topic of FI/TC?

DMC had this idea, and I really like it. We have sooo many people doing turbo-jobs and wanting to learn how to do them, I think it would be much easier to have all the posts relating to this topic in one section.

DOH!! I'm a nimrod--this should be in the POLLS section :rolleyes:

Eternal_240Sx
03-18-2003, 09:21 PM
yea i agree. i have so many questions. Having a turbo-charging section would help a lot.

SimpleS14
03-18-2003, 09:24 PM
no

KiDyNomiTe
03-18-2003, 09:45 PM
Well actually it would be a good idea to have a seperate section on forced induction cuz chat topics seem to be getting pushed faster and faster, having a new section would slow that down some, plus it would keep unanswered threads in tech up for a little longer.

HaLo
03-18-2003, 10:02 PM
True about topic pushing... But adding a forced induction section will only create redundant questions that older members will get annoyed of.

syco3d
03-19-2003, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by HaLo
True about topic pushing... But adding a forced induction section will only create redundant questions that older members will get annoyed of.

Aren't we getting/posting those redundant questions now anyways???

...I personally am in favor of the idea, but I don't exactly pull any weight around here.

DuffMan
03-19-2003, 02:55 AM
It's not a bad idea, but it would take away from the already sleepy tech section. I would wecome more discusion about turbos, installing and sizing in the tech section, because it's something I'm becoming more and more interested in. But I don't know if a new section is really neccessary.

Dousan_PG
03-20-2003, 08:50 AM
another forum? why? the tech moves slow as it is. search mode works great. you would sitll have to search the old forums to get the info because the turbo one is new and empty

more forums arent necessary. zilvia is set up great. basic and clean.

also if people post a turbo q in the other forums it gotta get moved-more work for mods. and then they have more forums to keep an eye on.

i vote "no"

might as well make a silvia front end forum as well. since that question is asked on a weekly/bi-monthly basis.

Maeda
04-12-2003, 07:06 PM
yah... i vote on the NO side as well...

attempting a turbo build has taught me that... most REAL turbo questions are general mechanics type questions, having to deal with air/fuel, spark, fuel, oil, etc.... so i think dedicated a section to just turbo will create a lot of useless fodder... hee hee... i know im guilty of this too o.O

Cashizslick
02-27-2006, 06:36 PM
Having a specific "turbo" section on a 240sx board is like having a "bolt on tech" section on a honda board. . . . .

ALTRNTV
02-27-2006, 06:44 PM
^
And having idiots like you reviving a 3 year old thread is just as stupid.

Cashizslick
02-27-2006, 07:50 PM
^ Wait did you just post in this old thread?

Guess your an idiot as well. Way to play the blame game jackass.

ALTRNTV
02-27-2006, 07:56 PM
:keke:

You sir, are teh lose. :p

ThatGuy
02-27-2006, 07:59 PM
S T F U !