PDA

View Full Version : Coilover Question

ochocinco666
04-05-2009, 06:07 PM
Alright so i dont know much about coilovers but i dont know if my coils are shot or im just doing something wrong...? I have has these coilovers for just about a year but i dont drive my car in the winter time. They have about 3000 km's on them. My question is i was lowering my coilovers and i counted the threads on both front coils and they were both the exact same and when i lowered my car my one side was lower then the other. I recounted the threads agian on both the front coils and they counted the exact same. So then the side that was lower i raised it up a bit to match the other side. So i took it out for a 10 min cruise today and the coilover when back to its lowered height were i had it before. So are my coils blown or what am i doing wrong? I have a 92 240sx with stance gr+ coils.

thanks

bbejj123
04-05-2009, 06:14 PM
sometimes with these cars people tend to crash them and things arent always straight anymore =)...or maybe the suspension just hasnt settled...try adjusting to where you want and then take it for a little drive and see how it sits... with my old 240 i had my coils adjusted uneven to make it sit evenly, but they may have also been blown

whyrun?
04-05-2009, 06:14 PM
When you say went back, did the one side thread itselve back in to a lower stance?? are you locking the collars?

ochocinco666
04-05-2009, 06:25 PM
When you say went back, did the one side thread itselve back in to a lower stance?? are you locking the collars?

i locked the collars, and the threads were still the same... so its lowering somehow. maybe there leaking?

fliprayzin240sx
04-05-2009, 08:02 PM
Springs are seating...just keep adjusting them till you get them where you want them to be...

ochocinco666
04-05-2009, 09:51 PM
Springs are seating...just keep adjusting them till you get them where you want them to be...

so the side that keeps its height and i dont have to keep adjusting it, does that mean its worked in? So the other side i just gotta keep raising it then or...?

aznpoopy
04-05-2009, 11:21 PM
#1 the springs may be seating

#2 the car will not sit even l/r just because you've counted threads l/r. the car is not perfectly balanced 50% l/r on each side.

if you want it to look right, just keep playing with the height until it sits even. final setting will probably NOT be the exact same coilover setting left and right.

if you want to set it properly, get it corner weighed. but even a proper setting typically won't have an even static height, since it accounts for driver weight.

ochocinco666
04-05-2009, 11:28 PM
ya i know it wont be exactly same on both sides. I'm just saying why when i set it to a certain height on the one side it sinks lower after driving it for a bit? I did tighten the colors and everything... Also what is seating?

angelom88
04-06-2009, 09:17 AM
hey i got a quick question tanabe coilovers would u say they are as good as teins or somewhere between d2 and teins. or if u could just label all 3 and tell me which one would be best for a 92 240sx hatch. keep in mind i wanna turbo my car. thanks guys

ochocinco666
04-06-2009, 01:32 PM
ok so what you guys are saying is every time the one coilover lowers just keep raising it till it stays at the height i want?