PDA

View Full Version : Broken bones???

dOMEmE
04-03-2009, 02:48 PM
any body ever broken a bone before?? if so where and how bad was the pain?

i broke my left femur in half BMX 'ing...hurt so damn bad for like 10 minutes(felt like getting burned with a lighter),then i had a quick shock attack then blacked out...turns out that the bone ruptured a vain and i had indernal bleeding. woke up in the hospital, before i had my arm fixed.so i had to sit there while he cracked it back into place, that hurt really bad aswell.

cserrano86
04-03-2009, 02:50 PM
I fractured my right big toe slightly in an accident about a year ago... That's probably the worst thing that has happened to me aside from getting a toothpick lodged in my foot that had to be surgically removed...(Dont ask how that happened. Lol.)

dOMEmE
04-03-2009, 02:51 PM
i heard collar bone breakage hurts the worst...anybody???

ESmorz
04-03-2009, 02:55 PM
I've shattered my knee cap, broke my elbow twice, snapped both bones in my arm, broke my pinky at a 90 degree angle.

Fuck skating.

devnull
04-03-2009, 03:04 PM
I had a dirt bike throw me off and I broke my collarbone. The adrenaline kept me from feeling pain until the EMTs arrived and put the collar on me. That thing hurt like a sumbitch. I signed a waiver in the ambulance and they took the collar off. On the way to the hospital, whenever the ambulance braked or took a turn it hurt pretty bad.

The x-ray showed that I broke the left side of my collarbone in five places. My doctor ordered me not to drive for a month so my work let me be off for that time.

Before anyone asks, I was a heavy mobile equipment mechanic employed by the USMC at the time, so even if I could get to work there was nothing I could do. I couldn't even have a desk job because it would be a different pay grade.

dOMEmE
04-03-2009, 03:04 PM
I've shattered my knee cap, broke my elbow twice, snapped both bones in my arm, broke my pinky at a 90 degree angle.

Fuck skating.

damn i thought i got it bad..

VROOOM
04-03-2009, 03:09 PM
broke my ankle pretty bad. i worked at the local YMCA as a roller hockey ref and i lived very close, so i would skate to work and back(only took about 5 miuntes). well my bro decided he wanted to start a fight, so things get worse and he is on his feet and im on my skates, he pushes me and then falls on top of me. well he came down on my ankle and twisted it up behind me. i hear it pop 4 or 5 times. looked down and the wheels to my skates were touching my outside calf. not very good. ended up waiting 2 hours till my parents got home so they could take me to the hospital. turned out a had a spiral fracture in my ankle and had to get a metal plate put in and 6 screws.

it didnt hurt as bad as dislocating my shoulder. but it was painful. it also started my love/hate relationship with Vicodin.

still have the plate and screws in there 14 years later and you can see them in the right light.

ANVIL
04-03-2009, 03:17 PM
when i was in jr high i fell off this bouy swing that was on top of a hill. me and my friends were seeing how many people we could get on it, and well i fell probablly about 30ft. didnt even hurt though, when i got up my arm was hanging over, limp. i broke the 2 bones in my forearm. when i got to the hospital the doctor hung my hand in some kinda thing that was like chineese finger traps on all my fingers. i didnt know wtf was going on and i guess he tried to adjust my bones and it hurt like hell, i actually started kicking the doctor. my dad had to come in and hold me down.

i guess the bones broke and were stuck like this:

| |
| |
. | |
. | |

caught on each other. was in different kinda casts for like 9 months.

Witness
04-03-2009, 03:18 PM
Had a hair line fracture when i was younger in Tai kwon Do fucking teacher made me fight this 30 year old guy, i was ten.

One kick, i block, crack, okay im done.

Woke up the next morning it hurt, but i cant remember how exactly how bad it felt.

04-03-2009, 03:21 PM
ew ew ew ew ew ew!!!

ANVIL
04-03-2009, 03:24 PM
^^^^

around the same time i broke my arm, there was this kid who tried to dunk a bball on a slightly lowered rim, and he laned all fucked up on his arm. he couldnt even move he was in so much pain. it was sick, his bone was sticking out and there was a puddle of blood

thats fucking ewewewewew

!Zar!
04-03-2009, 03:28 PM
I've broken every finger twice or more.

Shattered my left leg.

Cracked my knee cap.

It was funny, after I messed my leg up I had so much adrenaline going through my body that it didn't hurt. So I thought I was cool and tried to walk.

Nothing like hearing the ripping and tearing of bones and flesh as your leg falls from under you.

DALAZ_68
04-03-2009, 03:34 PM
2 broken ribs
2 broken thumbs

i couldnt sneeze or play video games...:wcc:

dOMEmE
04-03-2009, 03:47 PM
Had a hair line fracture when i was younger in Tai kwon Do fucking teacher made me fight this 30 year old guy, i was ten.

One kick, i block, crack, okay im done.

Woke up the next morning it hurt, but i cant remember how exactly how bad it felt.

wow...thats the most unfair fight ever...lol

I've broken every finger twice or more.

Shattered my left leg.

Cracked my knee cap.

It was funny, after I messed my leg up I had so much adrenaline going through my body that it didn't hurt. So I thought I was cool and tried to walk.

Nothing like hearing the ripping and tearing of bones and flesh as your leg falls from under you.

lol, im picturing your hand like that guys hand from scary movie..."this is my strong hand" lol

2 broken ribs
2 broken thumbs

i couldnt sneeze or play video games...:wcc:

damn you cant do shit without your thumbs....sucks.

dOMEmE
04-03-2009, 03:52 PM
Oh i just remebered i dislocated my knee once as well...hurt prutty bad, looked like a flamingo leg.

whyrun?
04-03-2009, 03:55 PM
2 broken ankles.

21 Stitches to the right leg.

18 Sitches to the left leg.

Broken middle finger.

3 Broken noses.

and

2 Fractured wrists.

All but the noses were BMX related.

Noses were from a Rock being thrown when I was a kid, 1 from Basketball and 3 weeks later broke it again from basketball.

SlideWell
04-03-2009, 03:58 PM
ive broken a few...
industrial accident. got wrapped inside of a large drill. multiple compound fractures, 3rd degree friction burns, severe radial nerve damage and then some.
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a196/PearlWhiteS14/tn.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a196/PearlWhiteS14/06_01_2006_08.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a196/PearlWhiteS14/2_25_06.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a196/PearlWhiteS14/another.jpg

slothonaleash
04-03-2009, 04:02 PM
^^^Oh my god!

Boxer's hand fracture from punching some kid in the shoulder playfully hahaha. That was embarrassing

Broke arm from BMX

quit that shit so long ago

BoostSlideWayz
04-03-2009, 04:02 PM
uhhmmm.. ive broken my ankle before when i was serious about MX racing. but all my injuries where mostly cut related. my doctors always said that i was always going to have "high paint tolerance" soo.. im not sure about how things hurt me compared to someone else... but most my really bad injuries shock the other people surounding me and i just sit there saying "whats wrong ?" but broke ankle doesnt feel the best. after i broke it i put some ice of it for about 20 mins then went riding again.. i was always the one in my group of friends that crashed the most lol 9 councussions is 4 years. the doc said too many cat scans for that short of a time period

DALAZ_68
04-03-2009, 04:03 PM
^^^Oh my god!

Boxer's hand fracture from punching some kid in the shoulder playfully hahaha. That was embarrassing

Broke arm from BMX

quit that shit so long ago

lol u hit like a girl...

glas fist lol

JK

dOMEmE
04-03-2009, 04:08 PM
ive broken a few...
industrial accident. got wrapped inside of a large drill. multiple compound fractures, 3rd degree friction burns, severe radial nerve damage and then some.

OMFG!!!!! wow thats really really bad......

az_240
04-03-2009, 04:09 PM
I was run over by a lexus at a party and broke my ankle and two bones in my foot. Could not do anything for about 3 months.

My friend recently separated his collar bone an inch from his shoulder when we were snowboarding.... he even had to ride in the car almost 4 hours to get to the hospital. Shit was no joke.

The worst bone to break would be femur I think its called... the thigh bone basically.

deolio
04-03-2009, 04:18 PM
broke my hand punching a door when i was 15. it felt like a dull pain, like someone hitting me in the hand with a large rubber mallet. i thought my pinkie was just dislocated, so i tried to put it back in. i thought it was fine and it was only sore from being dislocated, but it still hurt so i went to the er at like 3am and found out that it was broken. the doctors thought they were going to have to operate because i had waited so long to come in, but since i had tried to put my pinkie back in the socket, i had set the bone straight.

having a cast is the worst part of breaking bones.

RiversideS13
04-03-2009, 04:36 PM
any body ever broken a bone before?? if so where and how bad was the pain?

i broke my left femur in half BMX 'ing...hurt so damn bad for like 10 minutes(felt like getting burned with a lighter),then i had a quick shock attack then blacked out...turns out that the bone ruptured a vain and i had indernal bleeding. woke up in the hospital, before i had my arm fixed.so i had to sit there while he cracked it back into place, that hurt really bad aswell.

your broke your leg and your hand from BMX? or you just got confuse with your terms? Femur is the thigh bone and Humerus is the arm bone

I LUV MY S13
04-03-2009, 05:01 PM
Borke my ankle/lower leg in 3 different places..and broke my elbow leaving my right arm permanently crooked..looks gross wen i extend my arm

DCP94
04-03-2009, 05:06 PM
ive broken a few...

annd thats how you bought and upkeep your 240 lol

but i fractured my wrist once on a chain fence at my school and then went to 3 football practices before getting it x-rayed to find that it was fractured lol

dOMEmE
04-03-2009, 09:50 PM
your broke your leg and your hand from BMX? or you just got confuse with your terms? Femur is the thigh bone and Humerus is the arm bone

my bad i got them confused.....it was my right humerus

singlecamslam
04-03-2009, 10:09 PM
i dislocated my shoulder, and it went in such a stupid way that it got caught in my muscles and tore them with the ligaments, everytime i made a move, it felt like a knife in my shoulder and someone was twisting it. hurt SO DAMN BAD.

dOMEmE
04-03-2009, 10:28 PM
having a cast is the worst part of breaking bones.

ya i know i couldnt take the whole itchy and scratchy routing....so my smart ass took it off by my self 3 weeks after and it didnt heal right..

HyperTek
04-03-2009, 11:15 PM
man im lucky i guess, never broke anything yet and im 25.. knock on wood
dont think i could even play around, no health insurance =(

soreballz
04-04-2009, 12:24 AM
ive broken a few...

Now, what did you leeeeearn? :duh:

:cool:

I broke my left wrist when I was 6 years old...
At my daycare center, we had a running contest to see who could jump the furthest off of the swings. About 15 feet from the swing set, there was a 3 foot tall fence bordering the sandbox. Nobody had ever jumped more than about 10 feet, so the fence was never an issue.
One day, I decided that in order to be the most radical kid around, I'd have to break the record. I made 4 jumps, and I kept landing a couple feet short of the fence. I was making 12 to 13 foot jumps, and had basically already jumped further than anyone else already. I'd broken the record, but I wasn't satisfied. My mission was clear: I had to jump over the fence.
I swung high and hard, and I jumped at peak height. I came up short... Way short. The launch angle was all wrong. I set up again. I swung as high as I could, making 190 degree arcs. On the final upswing, I let go at about a 60 degree angle. I flew through the air, looking at the fence the whole way, thinking to myself, "I'm gonna make it! I'm gonna make it!"
I was wrong. I would up landing ON the fence, rather than on the other side of it. I was in a lot of pain, but I got up. I could barely breathe. Somebody asked if I was alright, so I tried to wave my arm at him to signal "yes". As I lifted my arm, I noticed my hand was just sort of dangling there on its own. That's when the real pain started. I hadn't just broken the record; I'd broken my wrist as well.
I screamed and cried like a baby. The other kids laughed. But you know what? I checked with a few friends who's little brothers and sisters ending up at that day care center, and as far as we knew, nobody had ever been able to break my record, and kids were still telling stories about the crazy bastard that landed on the fence.
It was all worth it. If I could do it again, I wouldn't change a thing.

:cool:

Anywho, aside from that... I've broken every one of my toes at least once, several broken fingers, lots of broken knuckles, a fractured tailbone that never heals right, so I keep re-fracturing it, my left ulna (the forearm bone on the pinky finger side) had a hairline fracture that still hasn't healed after almost 4 years because I keep smashing it on stuff, I broke one of the metacarpals in my right hand a couple months ago... Shit, that's just the broken stuff. I'm not even gonna get started on all the torn muscles, ligaments, and dislocations. lol

XperienceM5G
04-04-2009, 01:23 AM
Shattered an elbow, and cracked a rib. Both hurt but not the worst pain ever. The elbow sucked for a while, shitty cast 90 degree angle bullshit for 5 months.
When it got taken off my arm practically snowed dead skin.

dOMEmE
04-06-2009, 05:19 PM
Shattered an elbow, and cracked a rib. Both hurt but not the worst pain ever. The elbow sucked for a while, shitty cast 90 degree angle bullshit for 5 months.
When it got taken off my arm practically snowed dead skin.

what kind of cast,or what exactly do they put on you when you crack a rib so it could heal right???

240sxdriftin
04-07-2009, 12:52 AM
i've broken my right arm 5 times, completely in half, both bones...

once when i was little playing soccer, then i did it three times while skateboarding

most recently a month ago did it again snowboarding.
this is the only one i have pictures of
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs022.snc1/2460_69958055883_832550883_2233566_7205756_n.jpg
http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs022.snc1/2460_69499765883_832550883_2224521_5832892_n.jpg

2 steel plates and 12 screws, and some gnarly scars haha, as for the pain, it hurt pretty damn bad, mostly just an uncomfortable feeling because i could not move my hand, it sucked! my brand new special blend jacket, and gloves, and my krew hoody were all cut of, that was a huge bummer

sunnys14
04-07-2009, 03:10 AM
In my first motorcycle accident, I got t-boned on my r6 and shattered my left radius in 2 places, dislocated my wrist. Hurt like hell, and the worst part was I was in a FULL arm cast damn near to my shoulder even though it was a forearm injury. The doctor said any movement of the arm wouldn't let the bone heal in place.

1 titanium plate with 7 screws and 12 stiches.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c380/fall3nstar05/Picture053LargeMedium.jpg

s13tilldeath*
04-07-2009, 08:36 AM
I have dislocated my ankle, broke my knuckle in half (brick wall), Broke my big toe, and fucked my nee up.....
nee is from bmx and ankle is from when i used to skate.....

HyperLeafBlower
04-07-2009, 08:54 AM
I broke my left wrist once snowboarding, it was pretty embarassing since I was just buttering and ended up falling and tweaking it in a freaky fashion. It hurt super bad but I've sprained my wrists a few times and I figured thats all it was so I rode down to the lift and then trundled into the ski patrol office. After getting a ride home with my friend I ended up waiting in the emergency room for about 5 hours to find out that it was broken in a couple places and would take a month or so to heal. Ended p cutting my season short.

shmiddy
04-07-2009, 10:11 AM
@ 240sxdriftin: FUCK MY LIFE DUDE!!!! that shit looks like it hurt!!!!!!!!! gross!!!!

shmiddy
04-07-2009, 10:19 AM
i got this during a bar fight.... i think i punched a wall or something lol dont really remember, had to much to drink
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb20/dominicanzero1/photo-47.jpg

DALAZ_68
04-07-2009, 11:29 AM
i've broken my right arm 5 times, completely in half, both bones...

once when i was little playing soccer, then i did it three times while skateboarding

most recently a month ago did it again snowboarding.
this is the only one i have pictures of
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs022.snc1/2460_69958055883_832550883_2233566_7205756_n.jpg
http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs022.snc1/2460_69499765883_832550883_2224521_5832892_n.jpg

2 steel plates and 12 screws, and some gnarly scars haha, as for the pain, it hurt pretty damn bad, mostly just an uncomfortable feeling because i could not move my hand, it sucked! my brand new special blend jacket, and gloves, and my krew hoody were all cut of, that was a huge bummer

i can just hear it now

"fuck my arm, weres my jacket!!"

SimpleSexy180
04-07-2009, 03:32 PM
fracture in right pinky

fracture in a rib.

ahh, good times, not rly.

roco
04-07-2009, 04:41 PM
im a bit laid up at the moment, tore ligaments in my knee on my bmx at the jdm allstars at the weekend, was just messin on the box and over rotated and went to put my foot down and bent the knee the wrong way. other than that ive ;.....
broken my nose, collarbone in half and came out, elbow, ankle, 3 ribs, finger, and i have 7 vertebrae out of place in my back, god damn extreme sports. lol :gives:

91tofordee
04-07-2009, 04:51 PM
broke my nose once, broke my collarbone on my dirtbike and broke my ankle skateboarding.

kouki-gymkhana
04-07-2009, 08:17 PM
To all you folks posting your x-rays with your MEDICAL RECORD NUMBERS, FULL NAMES, and DATE OF BIRTH, I highly suggest that you blur all that out. It's hilarious that people will take the time to blur out their license plates when they post pics of their cars for fear that someone is going to come to their house and steal their shit but have no problem posting sensitive info that could be used to steal your identity or access your medical records.

-KG, M.D.

PS: No, I've never broken any bones but I see and deal with orthopedic injuries on a daily basis.

BustedS13
04-07-2009, 08:52 PM
I fell down a flight of stairs at my old apartment, drunk chasing a friend. Pretty sure I broke my ankle. Didn't have insurance at the time, never had it checked out. Still hurts sometimes.

Never broken anything else though

dOMEmE
04-08-2009, 04:47 PM

thats exactly what mine looked like...

broke my nose once, broke my collarbone on my dirtbike and broke my ankle skateboarding.

hey is it true that if you break your nose you end up with black eyes until your nose heals????