PDA

View Full Version : Jack Bauer and 24

articdragon192
04-02-2009, 12:44 AM
I thought a thread existed, but I looked around and couldn't find it. Anyways, who's been watching the latest season of 24.
I'll admit, this is my first season, but I do plan on watching the rest. Man, this show is so suspenseful.

Daniel.
04-02-2009, 10:30 AM
I thought a thread existed, but I looked around and couldn't find it. Anyways, who's been watching the latest season of 24.
I'll admit, this is my first season, but I do plan on watching the rest. Man, this show is so suspenseful.

If you think this season is suspenseful you have NO idea what you're in for.

The first few seasons will have you on the edge of your seat or running around the room screaming at the TV like Jack screams at EVERYONE.

its awesome.

articdragon192
04-05-2009, 12:22 AM
Time to gather up some DVDs then and do 24 marathons, lol.

94cc0rd
04-06-2009, 11:11 AM
24 is pretty awesome in the beginning but it starts to get predictable and kinda stupid.
But that doesn't stop me from watching it. I just try to guess what will happen next, and I'm usually right.

lightsource
04-06-2009, 12:46 PM
It's absolutely predictable, but it's only as predictable as it can be expected to be... Considering the main character cannot die.

The first seasons are great, I loved them. I've watched every season except for this one and I'm beginning to get back on it I only saw the 1st episode. Great show.

aziankingz
04-06-2009, 01:08 PM
i made a thread a couple months ago, but that died down.. yeah this season is pretty damn good..

Nduggs
04-06-2009, 01:22 PM
I just started watching 24 this season, and I really like it. So I have downloaded seasons 1 and 2, already watched 1, working on 2 right now! hahah.

oscarsx
04-06-2009, 01:30 PM
im with ^^ just started to watch it with my wife, i have to say its awesome!!

aziankingz
04-06-2009, 02:10 PM
best show on TV - its like a 24 hour movie.. but what do you guys think? - will jack die this season and the fbi girl takes over?

articdragon192
04-06-2009, 02:11 PM
I dunno. I've heard that there will be 2 more seasons. As for Jack being in them, that I'm not sure of.

ronmcdon
04-06-2009, 02:15 PM
I liked the first season, but I felt things got rehashed from there onwards.
after the 3rd or 4th season, I couldn't be bothered to keep up.
still entertaining to be sure, but too time consuming to be worthwhile imo.

mrmephistopheles
04-06-2009, 02:46 PM
Nobody watch this show (unless you've already started).

I shrugged off 24 when everyone I knew was raving about it, and when I finally started watching it around season 3/4 I was hooked and had to go back and watch all the previous seasons. Then, when the new season was playing, I'd hate having to wait for each new episode. I did the same thing with Lost, and it's frustrating as hell.

My advice - wait until the series has it's run, and then watch it.
Don't be surprised if season 6 is a disappointment though.
(Not Season 5)
will jack die this season and the fbi girl takes over?

No, for two reasons:
1. Jack is impossible to kill. He's been shot, drowned, electrocuted, strangled, stabbed and beaten by hundreds of bad guys. It'd take a nuclear holocaust to kill Jack.
2. FBI chick doesn't yell 'DAMNIT!' enough.

Daniel.
04-06-2009, 02:54 PM

For this reason ALONE, no one can ever replace Jack Bauer.

Everyone needs to play the 24 drinking game. While watching 24, everytime Jack raises his voice, you take a drink, take shot, whatever.

You'll be shitfaced in 20mins. No doubt.

reaxion
04-06-2009, 02:55 PM
^^ everytime jack says "damn it" thats a shot haha

this is your first season!? oh man...you really shouldve started from ssn 1... amazing show. although I gotta admit, I was really letdown by season 6.

aziankingz
04-06-2009, 04:14 PM
how about when jack yells/says "we're running out of time" or "we dont have time"

Nobody watch this show (unless you've already started).

I shrugged off 24 when everyone I knew was raving about it, and when I finally started watching it around season 3/4 I was hooked and had to go back and watch all the previous seasons. Then, when the new season was playing, I'd hate having to wait for each new episode. I did the same thing with Lost, and it's frustrating as hell.

My advice - wait until the series has it's run, and then watch it.
Don't be surprised if season 5 is a disappointment though.

No, for two reasons:
1. Jack is impossible to kill. He's been shot, drowned, electrocuted, strangled, stabbed and beaten by hundreds of bad guys. It'd take a nuclear holocaust to kill Jack.

jack was infected with that biological weapon.. and they claim there is no cure for it.

mrmephistopheles
04-06-2009, 11:04 PM
jack was infected with that biological weapon.. and they claim there is no cure for it.

:doh: Uhhh... HELLO! Jack Bauer IS the cure. He can fight off and kill hundreds of bad guys, and some dinky little prion virus thing is going to kill him? UNPOSSIBLE.

They'd BETTER not kill him off... :naw:

5t341tH
04-06-2009, 11:19 PM
ahh just watched it. starkwood got them surrounded. they're fuked

articdragon192
04-07-2009, 12:58 AM
Ahhh, no spoilers!!! I haven't seen tonight's episode yet. Gonna Hulu it later on once it's uploaded.

CrimsonRockett
04-07-2009, 01:04 AM
Damn, and I was all ready to post about how awesome tonight's episode was.

All I'll say is, women president = no bueno.

If it were a guy, he would have been like, "whatever, asshole! I don't give in to terrorist demands!"

Then blown stuff up.

Haha.

aziankingz
04-07-2009, 07:20 AM
Yeah, this episode was great - they even mentioned a possibility of a cure; which mean jack is back lol and so is his annoying but hot daughter.

kurissuS13
04-07-2009, 10:48 PM
... Don't be surprised if season 5 is a disappointment though....

i'm gonna have to disagree with this statement for 2 very good reasons:

1. Robocop
2. He kills a guy with his CALVES!

hell, i think season 5 is THE best season of 24. i could keep telling why, but i don't want to spoil for anyone who hasn't seen that season yet.

Sil-Abc
04-08-2009, 03:26 AM
so umm my question is, is each season the next day? like season 1 = day 1, season 2 = day 2 and so on? And if so, does he ever sleep? or poo? or like at least eat?

aziankingz
04-08-2009, 07:43 AM
No each season is a different day - it could be a year or a few months from the previous seasons.. he does sleep..when the bad guys knock him out he sleeps..

ronmcdon
04-08-2009, 03:17 PM
it's not that hard not to sleep in 24 hrs.
as far using the bathroom goes, the film doesn't just shoot jack bauer during the whole duration of the show.
there are scenes showing other guys too.
as far as using the bathroom goes, it's not implausible jack could be taking a dump, when the bad guys are torturing ppl or whatever bad guys do.
the show would get tedious if we had to watch jack take a leak or dump in real time, every time he does it.

Razi
04-09-2009, 02:11 AM
As for Jack Bauer not dieing since he is the main character.

Kiefer Sutherland (Jack Bauer), had an interview and said that the producers don't mind killing off anyone, including main characters.
He said that sure enough when his contracts to do however many seasons are over, there is a possibility that Jack Bauer could be killed. :'(

mrmephistopheles
04-09-2009, 12:16 PM
i'm gonna have to disagree with this statement for 2 very good reasons:

1. Robocop
2. He kills a guy with his CALVES!

hell, i think season 5 is THE best season of 24. i could keep telling why, but i don't want to spoil for anyone who hasn't seen that season yet.

You know what, you're right. Season 5 was great. I was thinking of Season 6.

Daniel.
04-09-2009, 12:23 PM
You know what, you're right. Season 5 was great. I was thinking of Season 6.

i concur. season 5 was the BEST season for me overall. 6 was pretty lame. especially the finale.

I MISS AUDREY

Daniel.
05-24-2010, 10:41 AM
So who's watching the finale tonight? Brings a tear to my eye...

aziankingz
05-24-2010, 12:18 PM
i am.. last couple of episodes makes me believe jack is going to get killed.. but yeah.. great show..

mrmephistopheles
05-24-2010, 12:51 PM
I don't think they'll kill him off (I've heard plans of a 2-hour 'movie'), but I'm not discounting it. It's logically one of the few ways they could end it. No Jack, no 24.

Either way, shit's gonna get FUCKED UP.

mrflip69
05-24-2010, 02:17 PM
Hopefully Jack finds peace with his daughter/granddaughter. Can't wait for this to end so I can buy the dvd/bluray box set :D

aziankingz
05-24-2010, 08:43 PM
oh man.. what a great finale.. i hope theres a movie now..

Daniel.
05-24-2010, 11:23 PM
I was so emotional during that intense scene with Jack and Chloe.

I'm still processing the finale. It's hard to put it all into words. Definitely have to marinate on this over night.

tricky_ab
05-24-2010, 11:44 PM
"Am I supposed to say thank you?" Like a real boss!

Finale was okay at best, but that was a really great final conversation between Chloe and Jack.