PDA

View Full Version : San Diego meet thread

s15dude
03-16-2003, 09:55 PM
Since the mods locked our orignal thread, I just wanted to post to say that despite the coldness and the rain the meet was great. There was a few problems tho that I think we can fix for next time. We should give an address so people can find it on yahoo maps so they dont get lost finding the meet up spot, and we should pick ONE location to meet at so people dont get confused on that either(me and grant went to 2 other places before realizing were it was at). Other than that it was great and we mad excellent use of the rain(if you were there you know what I'm talking about, if you werent, then oh well ;) )

We should have another one soon.

**sorry I deleted the thread by accident while trying to change the title of it, which deleted the replies too :(**

240Degrees
03-16-2003, 10:02 PM
7315 Clairemont Mesa Blvd

From 163 go
Clairemont mesa blvd WEST
Turn LEFT on Ruffner
Turn right into the parking lot (Clairemont Square)
Straight to Tea Station

N1ceDrgn
03-16-2003, 10:29 PM
I'm still ironing out a few problems with my car but I'd be game if one was planned again.

Grant
03-17-2003, 12:06 AM
well ****, I wasnt the idiot who setup the meet! everyones blaming me. STOP BLAMING ME!!!:D

next time we'll let a real man do the job
S15 dude will take charge

hehe yep, sorry, other thread was locked due to the fact that it has the date, and uhh to much unecessary info ;)

s15dude
03-17-2003, 12:13 AM
Would anyone be interested in doing a road rally? Where we all meet up in the morning and a map is handed out with a location marked on it and you have to predict your time to travel to that location, but there are checkpoints along the way. The winner is the one who comes closest to their predicted time. We need to have alot of people for this tho. It'd be a cool thing to take up an entire saturday tho.

Grant
03-17-2003, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by s15dude
Would anyone be interested in doing a road rally? Where we all meet up in the morning and a map is handed out with a location marked on it and you have to predict your time to travel to that location, but there are checkpoints along the way. The winner is the one who comes closest to their predicted time. We need to have alot of people for this tho. It'd be a cool thing to take up an entire saturday tho.

NO :D

Zenki_S14
03-17-2003, 01:52 AM
that has got to be the gayest thing to suggest, s15dude.

N1ceDrgn
03-17-2003, 02:15 AM
On the other hand, if there was like a prize, it sounds like an interesting way to spend a Saturday. Depending on how many people, maybe the first few would get to eat free, the last few in would treat at the end. There'd be a cap on it though. None the less, sounds like an interesting time.
Kind of a dated idea though, sounds a little like one of the Cannonball movies on a severely minor scale.. It is an idea though, I'm guilty as well but I haven't seen any other ideas. Cruising's alright but it gets old, now an event where everyone can play, that sounds like a good time.

Saul240
03-17-2003, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by N1ceDrgn
On the other hand, if there was like a prize, it sounds like an interesting way to spend a Saturday. Depending on how many people, maybe the first few would get to eat free, the last few in would treat at the end. There'd be a cap on it though. None the less, sounds like an interesting time.
Kind of a dated idea though, sounds a little like one of the Cannonball movies on a severely minor scale.. It is an idea though, I'm guilty as well but I haven't seen any other ideas. Cruising's alright but it gets old, now an event where everyone can play, that sounds like a good time.

Ahhhh...I would disagree, but it would be cool if we had a scheduled event to with correct dirrections :D

s15dude
03-17-2003, 04:52 PM
Ok well lets plan a meet for the weekend of April 12th. Thats the weekend after the RS-R event. If theres something else big going on that weekend we can move it. Maybe meet up around 5-6pm at mission bay or something. Any other ideas?

silvia240
03-17-2003, 05:57 PM
mission bay is too far!

Grant, everything is your fault. Stop tryin to deny it.:D

Wad about this friday or saturday? All my damn friends are goin up to vegas and im stuck down here all alone :(

Plus my last final is on thursday night so i will be FREEEEEEEE~!!!!!

revat619
03-17-2003, 07:25 PM
ya this friday or saturday would be good. It seems like everybody is free this weekend. Two suggestions though, (1) earlier in the day and (2) an address. Whatever you guys decide though, just keep me posted.

N1ceDrgn
03-17-2003, 08:02 PM
Excuse my idea of trying to have some fun. I still think it sounds like a good idea. If it's not a popular idea, then does anyone else have any suggestions? As far as a time, something during the day, a daytime meet would be best. After talking with some people, daytime meets usually end up to be a better time.

Saul240
03-17-2003, 11:12 PM
Excuse my idea of trying to have some fun. I still think it sounds like a good idea. If it's not a popular idea, then does anyone else have any suggestions? As far as a time, something during the day, a daytime meet would be best. After talking with some people, daytime meets usually end up to be a better time.

I agree, maybe in the day sometime around 4pm???

s15dude
03-18-2003, 12:06 AM
ok any ideas where to meet up then?? maybe for dinner? in kearny mesa/clairemont somwhere, since that seems like a central location

revat619
03-18-2003, 12:14 AM
DENNY'S OWNS! well if you're broke like me anyway. I dunno. Anybody know of any good taco shops up there? I'm in Spring Valley so i dont know whats in Clairmont other than Burlington Coat Factory. :p

s15dude
03-18-2003, 12:17 AM
I know of a reall good taco shop in kearny mesa, its gualbertos #2, i can get the address of it tomowrow, there is also a denny's right next to it. they are on kearny villa road right off of clairemont mesa blvd. by the 163 fwy.

s15dude
03-18-2003, 12:27 AM
Denny's Kearny Mesa 5445 KEARNY VILLA RD., SAN DIEGO, CA 92123

http://kahuna.sdsu.edu/~francis/images/MakeMap.gif

saturday march 22nd

is that cool with everyone??

revat619
03-18-2003, 12:33 AM
well i might be able to go. I run track and there's an invitational meet that saturday that starts at 1. I dont know if im in it though. I doubt it. I should know by thursday.

Sounds like a good day. thanks for the ADDRESS. :p
So what time are we lookin at?

s15dude
03-18-2003, 12:42 AM
oh yeah, how about 5pm, is that good? is the map working for people?

Zenki_S14
03-18-2003, 01:02 AM
why don't we meet at the next autocross?

240Degrees
03-18-2003, 01:59 AM
the next autcross is March 29-30. I can make that. I'll try to make that Denny's one this weekend.

N1ceDrgn
03-18-2003, 08:42 AM
Nice map there 'Jerky!' After something like that, if they still have problems, I will be at a loss for words.. It starting to sound like it should be a good time.

subgraphic
03-18-2003, 09:25 AM
sorry guys -
Im in Vegas this weekend...

silvia240, come on! all the cool people are going :D

scot

Saul240
03-18-2003, 09:59 AM
cant go....wont get out of work till 10pm....how about the 23rd on sunday?

knightrider
03-18-2003, 10:05 AM
well on saturday i get off at 6, so i can be there prolly around 615, if ppl will still be there, are you guys planning on eating, or jus chillin in the parkin lot?

silvia240
03-18-2003, 12:48 PM
well damn, i guess i cant make it this satuday also. those meet up times are not workin for me but, maybe next time.

Umm..... vegas..... im BROKE!!!

You need at least 6 bills to have fun in vegas (for about 2-3 days)

Dang, i wanna go.........

Saul240
03-18-2003, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by silvia240
well damn, i guess i cant make it this satuday also. those meet up times are not workin for me but, maybe next time.

Umm..... vegas..... im BROKE!!!

You need at least 6 bills to have fun in vegas (for about 2-3 days)

Dang, i wanna go.........

I would think that it would be best to plan to notify everyone 2 weeks ahead of time, that way we could work around our schedules or cope with work....I think it would be best to meet one week after the RS-R meet :)

silvia240
03-18-2003, 03:28 PM
anybody wanna go get some boba on friday afternoon or some lunch? let me know, cauz i gotta be at the traffic court on friday to take care of my stupid no front licence plate ticket. Retarded cops.:rolleyes:

N1ceDrgn
03-18-2003, 04:18 PM
Why'd they hit you for no front license plate? Are you running with Cali tags? Just wondering cause I'm the same way right now but I have out of state plates on my car... (I hate to go off topic like this)... If anyone is game for getting together this weekend, I'm still interested...

Saul240
03-18-2003, 04:25 PM
Why'd they hit you for no front license plate? Are you running with Cali tags? Just wondering cause I'm the same way right now but I have out of state plates on my car... (I hate to go off topic like this)... If anyone is game for getting together this weekend, I'm still interested...

What day??? Saturday or Sunday??? (I cant make it on sunday, so it would be cool on sunday if thats ok with all you guys?)

N1ceDrgn
03-18-2003, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Saul240
What day??? Saturday or Sunday??? (I cant make it on sunday, so it would be cool on sunday if thats ok with all you guys?)

So, ah, which is it? Saturday or Sunday? Or is there another day called Sunday that I don't know about? I do work a lot but as far as I know there is only one Sunday in a weekend... :D

Saul240
03-18-2003, 04:35 PM
So, ah, which is it? Saturday or Sunday? Or is there another day called Sunday that I don't know about? I do work a lot but as far as I know there is only one Sunday in a weekend... :D

Ohhh lol , I meant Saturday I can NOT make it, sunday i could, due to the fact that I can tell whoever is making the schedule at work for next week(week starts on sunday) to give me the day off :)...but if you guys cant make it on sunday, then i could miss this one.

So which would be better for you guys Saturday or Sunday?????

N1ceDrgn
03-18-2003, 04:44 PM
Either day is good on my end.. I'm usually off on the weekends..

Anubis
03-18-2003, 05:01 PM
How about we forget about this weekend and go for a Spring break soCal 240sx meet thing!? Somewhere near the beach! :cool:

N1ceDrgn
03-18-2003, 05:04 PM
So just bag hanging out this weekend? :confused: I'm game for whatever but it would be nice to hook up and enjoy the weather.

s15dude
03-18-2003, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by anubis9228
How about we forget about this weekend and go for a Spring break soCal 240sx meet thing!? Somewhere near the beach! :cool:

Thats what I was thinking, somewhere near the beach like mission bay, but I asked some people about a week after the RS-R event and everyone said how about this weekend. Any other ideas? How about we try to plan a meet about 4 weeks ahead of time, and in the meantime everyone who is interested post your ideas, what day of the week/time would be good for you , so that we can try to get as many people to show up. If anyone is still up for this weekend post that as well.

nismo_sr20_wut
03-18-2003, 06:06 PM
I just talked to Saul240, I saw that the remarks werent directed at me, if anyone read my post earlier disregard it please, misunderstanding.

Saul240
03-18-2003, 08:20 PM
how about sunday at 3pm or earlier???? does that work for everyone??

knightrider
03-18-2003, 08:21 PM
silvia240, they must be cracking down on that because i got one too. i only got a fix it ticket though, i still dont have a front plate though, i bought the car without one.

Strider
03-18-2003, 10:04 PM
i wanna meet up wit you guys, but i'm pretty far, Riverside, how about we try to make a meet up point neutral for me =) gas is, 2.18 by the way, hehe. Anywayz when you guys finally decide when and where i'll be there for sure.

N1ceDrgn
03-18-2003, 10:16 PM
Like I said, I'm game for the weekends..

silvia240
03-19-2003, 02:19 AM
hey night rider, you gotta go to the dmv and get new plates. I believe they cost 9 bucks for new plates.

silvia240
03-19-2003, 02:22 AM
dang, why is this so tough for everyone to meet?

how about this. Like it was said before, everybody put down what day and what time they would prefer to meet up. Not as a specific day like 3/21/03 but like be general as in saturday around noon or something. And then from there, we can pick a day and time that suits the majority.

So lets begin..... Saturdays before 5pm and also sundays after 3pm is cool with me. Im also cool with friday midafternoon (prob around 2pm)

So who's the next lucky contestant? (is that how u spell it?)

Saul240
03-19-2003, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Strider
i wanna meet up wit you guys, but i'm pretty far, Riverside, how about we try to make a meet up point neutral for me =) gas is, 2.18 by the way, hehe. Anywayz when you guys finally decide when and where i'll be there for sure.

it would be neutral for you, but far for us :(

Saul240
03-19-2003, 08:45 AM
how about we make a meet up 2-3 weeks after the RS-R event?? Would that work for everyone? I was thinking a Saturday...around 2pm-3pm... Whats your guy's thoughts???

N1ceDrgn
03-19-2003, 08:53 AM
Well, how about this one then, (changing the direction and tone), anyone interested in hooking up for a matinee showing of the Stephen King movie coming out this Friday? Catch a flick, get some food and hang out for a bit?

subgraphic
03-19-2003, 09:21 AM
Usually the person who starts the thread has some idea of when and where, and you set it and that's it. If people can make it, they do, if not- there is always next time. The last meet I went to, @ McKinney motorsports, plenty of people showed up who weren't even posting on the boards. :p
Pick a lo-cal, pick a date and time, alert the other boards if you want, and it is what it is.

by the way, I like the beach Idea :D

peace

scot

niss
03-19-2003, 10:24 AM
sorry to invade on your conversation, but i fugured that this would be the best place to look for some help in san diego. i just got into a fender bender yesterday and i need to find a decent body shop that would help me line up some of the front end pieceds that have been bent. i can get parts at cost and nothing needs to be repainted, its just stuff like the upper radiator support and headlight mounts. any help would be great and thanks in advance.

Saul240
03-19-2003, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by niss
sorry to invade on your conversation, but i fugured that this would be the best place to look for some help in san diego. i just got into a fender bender yesterday and i need to find a decent body shop that would help me line up some of the front end pieceds that have been bent. i can get parts at cost and nothing needs to be repainted, its just stuff like the upper radiator support and headlight mounts. any help would be great and thanks in advance.

I would post in the General Chat area, being that probably most people that live in San Diego view the General Chat more than the Event and Meet up section...also look in the yellow pages, otherwise i cannot help ya with that one

s15dude
03-19-2003, 09:11 PM
OK I think the consensus is that a saturday afternoon will work out for most people. I think that 2 weeks after the RS-R event will work out the best, cuz it gives us a chance to catch up on other things (like work) and is still not too far off but gives people a good enough notice. I think meeting in Mission Bay would be cool, we did that about a year ago and it turned out well. Sometime around noon, or 2pm we could all meet up, this is all still up in the air I'm just proposing this to see what people think. There is also the possiblity of another meet-up spot, but I have to talk with the owner first, I will let you guys know within a few days. Please post any other suggestions, but be specific like day of the week, time and possible place that would be easy to have a meet at(big parking lot, easy to find). If we can all get together on this it should be the meet of the century. ;) ;) :D

silvia240
03-19-2003, 11:04 PM
what a horriable idea s15dude :rolleyes: :D :D :D

WhiteNissanS13
03-20-2003, 10:46 AM
so.....What, when, where?

revat619
03-20-2003, 01:20 PM
so is there going to be a meet this weekend?

N1ceDrgn
03-20-2003, 01:38 PM
I'm still interested if anyones interested in getting together. Go ahead and pm me... Seeings how it looks like everyones bent on meeting up at a later time.

240Degrees
03-20-2003, 05:42 PM
your exhaust is ****in loud whitenissans13 :p i probably wont make this weekend. next week is a 2 day autox event, we should meet then... hopefully SOMEONE will actually run rather than a bunch of 240s just hanging around to watch.:rolleyes:

N1ceDrgn
03-20-2003, 05:46 PM
where's the motorx event at? I'd be interested in hanging out. Participating? I dunno right now, I just got back and have some new parts to play with.

240Degrees
03-20-2003, 09:52 PM
it's at qualcomm stadium right on the 8 freeway, have you been there before n1cedrgn?

N1ceDrgn
03-20-2003, 10:03 PM
I've been down there but you will never catch me participating there. No interest in competing down there.

cloudpicker
03-24-2003, 10:21 PM
hi guys, too bad that i miss the last meet up coz' of work..anyways i have a suggestion..

1) meet this friday night at stadium because there is a drag race that night and we could meet up there those who want to race can racw those who wanna chill we can all park together..and they open from 6-1 a.m.( but there will be $5 entry fee and $15 for race..

2)meet at the comming autoX on 3/29,30 at stadium either saturday or sunday

what do you guys think????

by the way i am really interested at the autoX but i don't know how to get start is any 240 brother going to join and have expirence on it??

Saul240
03-27-2003, 10:49 AM
i would forget the stadium these days, the drags are pretty much crap out there right now, its not worth the five dollars, but maybe auto x...i dunno

N1ceDrgn
03-27-2003, 12:07 PM
If anyone is interested in hooking up at the motorx, let me know. It's looking like I'll be off this weekend, so I'm game to hook up. Make a post and let me know.

SHINCHU
03-28-2003, 03:40 AM
well its about time i meet some fellow SD 240 people... i know almost all the ae86 guys but nobody from the 240 crowd. actually, a few of us ae86 guys are meeting up at tea shop 168 on convoy on sunday night. equinox and fogleroller will be there for sure, along with myself and a couple 4ag guys. if anyone wants to go to that, its right down the street from tea station. er... the lollicup place? next to boll weevil. just exit clairemont mesa blvd., go south on convoy, all the way down towards hobby people, look for us on the left. we'll start showing up at 7:30-8:00 hopefully we can still get boba that late on a sunday! its called TEA SHOP 168

otherwise, the AUTOX (not motorx... thats dirtbikes) thing sounds like a good idea. and i would compete but it seems like every time they hold an event in SD, they dont allow first timers. so how is a beggining autocrosser supposed to start in SD??!! just seems like a pain to be a member. once i am, you better believe i'll be out there. HICAS seems like an unfair advantage at an autocross. heheh.

N1ceDrgn
03-28-2003, 09:07 AM
The autoX sounds like it would be interesting. Does anyone have any details on it?

Equinox
03-28-2003, 10:47 AM
This sunday is the season opener. It WILL be open to first timers. Costs will be $20 for SCCA members and $35 for non-SCCA members. In addition, you have to have/purchase a San Diego SoloII card. I think it is $20.

I believe the class that 240s are in (GS and DSP) are set to run in the first half of the day. Show up by 8AM to register and get your car tech'd. First car out is 9AM.

SCCA folk are very friendly. When in doubt, just tell someone at the event you are first-timer. They will help you out.

I am not positive if I will be running this event..need to save the tires for RS-R drift event :D

subgraphic
04-02-2003, 09:01 AM
Sooooo... are we gonna meet? :confused:

N1ceDrgn
04-02-2003, 11:54 AM
Well, like I said before, I'm game. I would have tried to make the motor cross but when I looked it up and I may have been mistaken, all the way up by Sacramento?! I don't think so... Back to the topic though, I'm still game for hooking up. Let me know....

Equinox
04-02-2003, 12:00 PM
Well the autox was the Sunday that just past...so I guess you guys missed that. It was at Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego. Next event is April 19th I believe...same place.

There is the RS*R drift event this Sunday April 6th at Irwindale Speedway if anyone wants to come to that. I'll be driving in the novice group :)

Zenki_S14
04-02-2003, 01:05 PM
i was gonna go to the rsr event with the guys in this forum, but they're leaving on saturday to stay over night. i'll be going sunday. anybody wanna roll?

N1ceDrgn
04-02-2003, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Equinox
Well the autox was the Sunday that just past...so I guess you guys missed that. It was at Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego. Next event is April 19th I believe...same place.

There is the RS*R drift event this Sunday April 6th at Irwindale Speedway if anyone wants to come to that. I'll be driving in the novice group :)

It's cool and all that you have these different events that you know about but I thought this thread is about creating our own thing, here in the area and getting together? If I'm wrong with that I'll apologize on that. The idea of spending time to go some where clear up north isn't bad but it does kind of go against the thread a little. I'm interested in hooking up locally, any one else?

240Degrees
04-02-2003, 08:24 PM
friends, girls, school and video games have took over my life, maybe ill see u all again when im not so busy, probably in the summer.

N1ceDrgn
04-02-2003, 08:28 PM
Everyone's got their priorities...

Saul240
04-10-2003, 10:51 AM
Anyone up for another next friday or saturday??

N1ceDrgn
04-10-2003, 01:49 PM
What's on your mind??? What's the plan???

Zenki_S14
04-10-2003, 02:36 PM
I'm cool with whatever.

Anubis
04-11-2003, 09:49 PM
lets hook up a meet in SD sometime soon. Somewhere in convoy or kearny mesa or miramar. ??? Ideas??

Zenki_S14
04-12-2003, 02:34 AM
I was at tapioca express earlier tonight. Damn, it was packed!!! There were lots of hotties, though. Try not to park on the street. Some drunk driver crashed into a parked car. It was a very bad wreck. There was a fire truck, ambulance and cops all up in the scene.

s30
04-12-2003, 03:09 AM
Hey What's up SD ppl! I'm planning a trip to SD monday night to Wednesday. Will you guys be meeting on a weekday? Any good places to go? Junk yard w/ s13 or shops w/ cheap parts???

Thanks.

Anubis
04-12-2003, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Zenki_S14
I was at tapioca express earlier tonight. Damn, it was packed!!! There were lots of hotties, though. Try not to park on the street. Some drunk driver crashed into a parked car. It was a very bad wreck. There was a fire truck, ambulance and cops all up in the scene.

I go to tapioca express pretty often, maybe i'll see you there sometime. HAHAHA, i always park in the street, i guess i wont now! I'll park in the infiniti dealer lot. :D

nismo_sr20_wut
04-12-2003, 01:59 PM
I went to Bubble Tea in san marcos on wednesday night (option night) and I had Bubble Tea for the first time, I ordered Bubble milk tea it was good for the first two sips then it started to make me sick, what are some other good drinks? I drank the whole thing though because i didnt want to offend anyone but yea, what else is good? Also wednesday night is option night at Bubble tea in san marcos where people get together and watch option video etc, we watched footage from rsr last wed. Its pretty fun we had Ae86's one skyline, a kouki s14 and two sr s13's, there were more cars but i dont feel like listing :P anyone in north county should come by and check it out. This was my first time going but they said they do it every wednesday.

Zenki_S14
04-12-2003, 04:40 PM
haha. wassup anubis9228. you have a yellow S14 with carbon fiberhood? hhmm, i've never seen you before. i'm always there at tapioca express with my black S14 on donuts. yeah sadly, i still roll on my donuts. it's been two years! geeez!

Saul240
04-18-2003, 05:15 PM
ok everyone...we did have a meet up at my house last night, about 6 people came, and one other person met up...it was ok, we had a great time towards the night ;) ;)....sorry if i didnt post this, but I just decided last minute that we should all meet up at my house, so i just called all my 240 friends and we hung out and cruised later...I was thinking this saturday night maybe we could have a meet up somewhere, any ideas...anyone???

revat619
04-18-2003, 06:12 PM
yeah, thursday night was cool, although i couldnt really do anything in my slush-o-matic! It was really cool meeting you guys. I'm down for a meet up this saturday. keep me posted.

240Degrees
04-18-2003, 07:22 PM
i might be up for a meet. i FINALLY got the other pair of wheels, but I need lugnuts, and tires for them. I might have everything on by Saturday night, though.

N1ceDrgn
04-18-2003, 08:43 PM
If somethings on for Saturday night let me know! I'll be under the car most of the day Saturday but tomorrow night should be good. Let me know when and where...

Anubis
04-18-2003, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Zenki_S14
haha. wassup anubis9228. you have a yellow S14 with carbon fiberhood? hhmm, i've never seen you before. i'm always there at tapioca express with my black S14 on donuts. yeah sadly, i still roll on my donuts. it's been two years! geeez!

my car is primer, my avater was photoshoped. hehehe
a meet on Sat. sounds good. Just tell me when and where.

vapor_skank
04-19-2003, 05:40 PM
Just wondering if anyone goes to the qualcom drags? I went yesturday and it was alright for the most part. There was a lot of hondas and mustangs. One of the vendors had a white Skyline GTR so that was pretty cool. Second one ive ever seen in person so i was happy.:D :D :D !

-Brian

mrmephistopheles
04-19-2003, 06:50 PM
I wish i was still in SD. :(
Can't wait for Mar 04

knightrider
04-20-2003, 01:17 PM
i was at the races on friday, in my s13, what car were u in? the only 240's i saw were a white hatch and another gray or black coupe

vapor_skank
04-20-2003, 02:43 PM
I didnt race(I dont have my license yet). I remember seeing you.
I asked you what you have done to your car and you said not much if you remember me.:p

knightrider
04-20-2003, 10:53 PM
oh ic, i dont really remember who u r, cuz prolly about 10 ppl came up to me that nite to ask what was done to my car, u were prolly one of the last ppl, i got tired of explaining, cuz theres not too much to list, but i do have a pretty quick SOHC, hehe. i had a couple ppl walk upto my car, look at the front, i think they were looking for a intercooler, dunno y, but then they would ask me what im running. i got alota comments on my rims too, i love em.

SHINCHU
04-21-2003, 09:22 AM
nismo_sr20_wut

hey you went to the bubble tea meet? what car was yours? i was the white guy in the ZUM "drift madness" shirt. i was also one of the guys doing the "drift tournament" on GT3 there heheh kinda sucked but ohwell. yeah you should cruise out more often. im usually there every wednesday either in my red ae86 or my gold 180sx. sorry the tea made you sick. if i get one with milk in it, it usually makes me sick too. try a slushie next time. er... i think they call it "snow" there. its a lot easier on the stomache. GIVE BOBA A CHANCE! heheheh its dope. i also try to make it to TEA SHOP 168 on convoy every once in a while.

well, if you are in north county, keep an eye out for me in escondido, vista, oceanside. gold 240 witha black driver side fender. take care and see you wednesday!

chris aka "Shinchu" aka "Brass"

cloudpicker
04-22-2003, 02:41 PM
what a pity that i wasn't there,by the way what's ur time knightrider??coz'i wanna know how 240sx runs there..

Saul240
04-22-2003, 03:57 PM
Any body up for a meet up at 6pm This friday, at Boomers?

nismo_sr20_wut
04-23-2003, 11:51 AM
Does anybody know anything about el cajon speedway? I was watching the news and they were doing a special on some deaf guy that races his nascar type car on the circle track in el cajon at el cajon speedway. I dont know anything about the track all ive seen is pictures, if anyone knows anything about it is it rentable? If it is that my be a good place for a meet, so everyone down here can practice there drift, the setup looked kind of like what the rsr event was on, im not sure though because all ive seen if pictures. Thanks

nismo_sr20_wut
04-23-2003, 01:28 PM
Also, does anybody know whos 240 this is?
It says its in San Diego

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2412150843

saga240
04-23-2003, 02:30 PM
well ive seen a car that had that kit and i think those wheels.. but it was yellow and had a big ass wing.. ick

:(

knightrider
04-23-2003, 08:31 PM
i was running a 10.3 pretty consitently, but my rear tires are shot, from the drift event, so i couldnt really get traction

IchigoMae
04-24-2003, 05:44 PM
I wish ther were drift events here in san diego. sorta like club 4ag moto p all thos guys watever in LA.

like if some dude started a group that hosted drift events mebbe in qualcomm, or that el cajon speedway nismo sr20 was talkin bout that wud be nice.

San diegos gay, no place to drift(to the best of my knowledge).

nismo_sr20_wut
04-25-2003, 01:19 AM
El cajon speedway wont work, its infield is all dirt, so i dont see how that would work, unless you want to drift each corner??? but if you spin out you will be in the dirt so....yea, knightrider was looking into the school parking lot I hope that works out, we need something down here other then just carlsbad, not saying that I want carlsbad to go but its a shame that it is san diego's only 1/4 mile strip with so many enthusiasts down here.

Saul240
04-25-2003, 12:41 PM
100th post :D

Zenki_S14
04-25-2003, 12:54 PM
what's wrong with spinning out into the dirt? i'd go for it. as long as it has curvy pavement in a safe area, then i'm totally down with it.

IchigoMae
04-25-2003, 01:56 PM
so wer exactly is this el cajon speedway? id like to check it out

IchigoMae
04-25-2003, 02:01 PM
Check out the link! Wat do yall think? looks promising? http://www.cajonspeedway.com/rental.htm

or this! HaHa make sure u check out the 1st link tho. (http://www.cajonspeedway.com/rules_dd.htm)

N1ceDrgn
04-25-2003, 03:43 PM
...and back to the topic.. is there a meeting sometime..

cloudpicker
04-26-2003, 01:55 PM
anyone knows any mechanic shop in san diego which is good and charge reasonably?

Saul240
04-26-2003, 06:04 PM
i dont know if you guys want to meet up at any boba shop around 10???? i have no idea

Saul240
05-01-2003, 07:48 PM
OK EVERYONE SD KRISPY KREME MEET. this saturday at krispy kreme in clairmont, I allreayd have confirmation of some people, but im trying to aim a little higher than before.......here are the dirrections to the clairmont krispy kreme, we will most likely meet up right outside of it or around it in the shopping mall.......time is saturday at 8oclock, any objects, post......here are the dirrections on map quest

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&addtohistory=&address=4180+Clairemont+Mesa+Blvd&city=san+diego&state=ca&zipcode=&homesubmit=Get+Map

if anybody is confused please post!!! no confusions this time, sorry for all of the left out people at the last boba meet

240Degrees
05-01-2003, 08:05 PM
sounds good ill be there. something about KRISPY KREME screams out CAR CLUBS, dont it?

Saul240
05-01-2003, 08:31 PM
yes, good, inexpensive doughnuts, plus their are alot of things near that shoping center, Great Gyros, BK, etc. its a good place to have a meet!!

knightrider
05-01-2003, 08:39 PM
inexpensive donuts? krispy kreme? thats an oxymoron. they have expensive ass donuts, they are ok i guess, but nuthin special in my eyes, but ill be there.

Saul240
05-01-2003, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by knightrider
inexpensive donuts? krispy kreme? thats an oxymoron. they have expensive ass donuts, they are ok i guess, but nuthin special in my eyes, but ill be there.

4.99 for 1,000 grams of sugar is cheap to me :D .....anybody else going??? i think so far we have around 6 people

IchigoMae
05-01-2003, 09:19 PM
imma go :cool:

240Degrees
05-01-2003, 09:55 PM
hey knightrider, did you get your VLSD installed??????

btw my new sn for aim is "iseemoneey"

Saul240
05-01-2003, 10:57 PM
ok.......so far we have a good meet comming! keep on with the replys

Zenki_S14
05-01-2003, 11:04 PM
8 o'clock? i dunno. i get off at 9:15. i'll probably get there at 9:30 to 9:45. i'll probably meet up if you guys gonna "cruise".

Saul240
05-01-2003, 11:16 PM
we probably wont leave hte parking lot until that time so your set, just get their ASAP

cloudpicker
05-02-2003, 12:55 AM
so what are you guys going to do that night??i miss last meeting..i wish i can make it this time. 5/3 sat at 8:00 right??

revat619
05-02-2003, 01:13 AM
Cool another meet. I'm in! See you guys there!

Saul240
05-02-2003, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by cloudpicker
so what are you guys going to do that night??i miss last meeting..i wish i can make it this time. 5/3 sat at 8:00 right??

yes.....what we will do is sort of show up and u'll find out ;)

also next meet, ill probably reserve the theater at round table and we will have a dinner meet, then drive or whatever....this will probalby happen in another month or so

Saul240
05-02-2003, 11:47 AM
for all new people browsing this thread here is the info again....contact me if you have a problem reaching the area, at 858-405-5926, name is saul....i dont want any left out 240's this time....

OK EVERYONE SD KRISPY KREME MEET. this saturday 5/3 at krispy kreme in clairmont, I allreayd have confirmation of some people, but im trying to aim a little higher than before.......here are the dirrections to the clairmont krispy kreme, we will most likely meet up right outside of it or around it in the shopping mall.......time is saturday at 8oclock, any objects, post......here are the dirrections on map quest

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.ad...esubmit=Get+Map

radhaz
05-02-2003, 08:22 PM
Working link to map http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&addtohistory=&address=4180+Clairemont+Mesa+Blvd&city=san+diego&state=ca&zipcode=&homesubmit=Get+Map

http://www.tm001d6792.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/agree7.jpg

Saul240
05-02-2003, 11:46 PM
ok the meet will still be held tomorrow...rain or shine....its going to rain till about 7 or 8 so the pavement is nice and slick.....if you guys still have any questions call my cell 858-405-5926 or text message me

s15dude
05-02-2003, 11:46 PM
I'll see if I can make it, dunno for sure tho, I might be going to a friends ex-girlfriends baby shower (its actually a kegger, but this chick is dumb and wont stop drinkin while she is pregnant, its actually reallly reallly sad), but ohwell dunno what I'm gonna do yet tho

IchigoMae
05-03-2003, 12:03 AM
I hope it rains! :D

Anubis
05-03-2003, 01:03 AM
sounds cool, and i like gyro's!

N1ceDrgn
05-03-2003, 06:57 PM
I'll be looking for you all. I hope to see you guys tonight. The rain today canceled my plans for working on the car but I will see you then...

Zenki_S14
05-04-2003, 02:05 AM
that was a pretty good meet. i didn't get most of the names but you guys were cool. there were alot more than i expected. i had fun towards the end.

Anubis
05-04-2003, 02:19 AM
meet was off the hook. Fun times in the parking lot. i'll post pix soon in the chat section. Good times!
- Andrew

N1ceDrgn
05-04-2003, 02:40 AM
It was nice meeting some new people..

IchigoMae
05-04-2003, 05:50 AM
Yeah it was kool. we chilled at tapioca express after. and then driving back home i blew my motor...

Anubis
05-04-2003, 12:22 PM
You blew your motor!??? how??? Is it bad?

and btw, you can check out the pix of the meet on my imagestation;

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290229075&idx=1

s15driftdreamer
05-04-2003, 01:24 PM
I told you guys that i would sign up tomorow. I had the white hatch. For my first meet i would say it went well. I met a bunch of new people and didnt break anything in the parking lot. I hope to do it again.

Jason

HachiMachi
05-04-2003, 01:25 PM
cool meeting you guyz! yep that was a long night with Ichionmae. The motor doesnt sound too nice. Maybe nextime i might tag along with the Impreza. Nice meeting you again.

IchigoMae
05-04-2003, 01:43 PM
Im not really sure how it blew. all i kno is that my idle was bad all night, and i kept stalling. i dunno if you guys noticed that i had to try to keep my idle up when we cruised. driving back home, i was close to having a race with a mitsu gsx, but i decided not to thinking i would blow my engine. but ironically driving back home and not even boosting. my friend and i started smelling something wierd. i got really suspicious, then my temp gauge started climbing fast, it went off the scale. i drove to the shoulder immediately, let it cool down for like an hour. it started but then it had some pinging sound. i tried driving it back home and then it died.

revat619
05-04-2003, 01:49 PM
dang that sucks man. yeah, i noticed how you had to keep reving your car when we would slow down; i was wondering what was up, now i know. Thats too bad man. :( What are you gonna do now? I hope you can figure out the problem soon.

Zenki_S14
05-04-2003, 03:24 PM
damn that sucks. since you blew your motor, you should've went for it earlier that that night anyway. haha. well, i hope you get it fixed.

IchigoMae
05-04-2003, 05:26 PM
Im thinking about selling my custom turbo kit and silvia grill. click on the link. http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27996

Saul240
05-05-2003, 08:30 AM
ok everyone......nice show!!!! i was expecting around 6-7 people but the turnout was 13!!! :) Thanks for all who showed, I was planning to have another meet in a month or so at round table....

Anubis
05-05-2003, 10:40 PM
check out this

CRAZY HARD JDM POSE (http://www.imagestation.com/mypictures/inbox/view.html?url=http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid61/p0d6bb285b53c92b343b1cfa8ea66a9bc/fc340ff5.jpg.orig.jpg&caption=fd221f94&id=4231270389)

IchigoMae
05-06-2003, 12:21 AM
WTF!! HAHAHA LOLOLOL ROTL OETL ADGL EELSSO lOL. thats the most $%^@$%ed up one ive seen!! GOD that crazy